Boring ass shit first season

Technically fits.
Man, Nick sure had a thing for this crap.

Holy crap you're right.
Many people will come to overrate season 1 but I did found myself skipping almost half of the episodes.

But the first episode was the best.

to this day I can't get myself to actually finish the series. I know how people call it the literal messiah of western cartoons, but the first season is so unbearably boring and bad that I can't do it.

It was really one of those things you had to experience first hand as a kid.

i can still watch it if im in the mood, but a lot of s1 episodes are boring or worldbuilding and not that fun to watch. I wouldnt go so far as to say they are bad, but the magic is not there.

I'm just speculating here, but I'd imagine they had to be really careful in S1 not to scare off the kiddies with too much plot. Execs are notorious for hating narrative-driven cartoons, so maybe they were just trying to prove the show could sell before they went full-on plot progression.

If you reach episode 11(?) things will start getting more interesting. The pilot is really weak, the third episode is really strong, and then things start to get really hit or miss until the second half.

I would say that that's a smart analysis. In the end it's still a kid's cartoon and kids don't like it when they tune in and they're watching the second half of a two part episode. I was a kid when the first season aired, the first episode I saw was the one with the waterbending scroll. Shit was 100% cliche and even 8 year old me knew that.

That's the episode I hated the most.

I actually hated the fortune-teller one more when I watched the show 10 years later, but that one episode was enough to make me dismiss the show for that entire gap. The problem with season 1 is that for every really good episode there's another that feels like it was ripped straight from animated kid's show #322. You've got the "liar" episode (waterbending scroll/bato), "love" episode (fortune-teller), "jealousy" episode (jet), "argument" episode (great divide), etc. The problem is that each of these episodes also contains critical story information that gets brought back for really cool stuff later on in the show (with the exception of the great divide) so you can't just skip episodes that are otherwise filler like the Bumi episode or STRONK WOMYN North Pole episode.

Man I should really start watching this.
I've heards there are some good lolis.

What is the second picture?

"31 minutes"
Kinda like the muppets is a work com but instead of a theater is a news show.
First season, especially the first half was very blandly executed because of the edutainment, around the second half and the first half of season 2 it took a "edutainment parody" approach.
By the second half it took a turn in very dark humor with more surrealism Like all becoming blonde and go surfing with god after he saved the cast from crashing into the sun after escaping defeating an alien race by throwing a pie to the planet. or in a gag they all get sponsored by a wine company wich ends up in everyone getting cut and bleeding all over.
Third season went for even darker humor and more focus on the established core cast but less workcom.

In retrospect the 1st season is okish. It establishes the world though I felt it reminded me of Star Wars for some reason.

Fourth Season is still the best tbh. The increased budget really shows, and the experience the crew gathered from doing tours all over latino america. The production values are really polished.

Probably because Avatar is basically WW2 if the entire world was just Asians.

Yeah, it kinda went for a season 2 feel too instead of season 3, with more surrealism and less darker humor That Death Note reference.

Do you know if season 5 has been announced to come out… in the next 8 years?
Is there an english sub version?

The only thing they have translated so far has been the Capara Sonia song. They just don't know if they should spent the effort since they don't know how to market it to english speaking audiences. Maybe after they're done with their new tours they'll think about a new season or a english translation.

I'm trying to subtitle it with Amara, but season 1 is so boring I might just start with season 2.

I liked season one tbh. But that has to do with nostalgia, I liked the informative stuff they would put up when I was a kid. And the humor was slow but steady. But yeah you might want to skip it.

Christmas Special actually.