Writing Some Novels

Okay, so I plan to write a series of firm-hard science fiction novels. Each book will be 120-180k words each (Average of Harry Potter books length).

I have 3 choices for the general theme of the books.

My friends online and off cannot decide what I should write, or what would be most interesting to read. So I am letting you all do that for me.

The book will be based in the near future in the same since Star Trek is, with very very much world building.

Help me out, I will even give out updates, and copies of the book out for free in PDF form. Because I am all for open distribution.

You're putting the cart well before the horse, nigger. Writing novels is hard. You need to plan out the story and actually have a lot to say BEFORE you know how long it will be.

Ah, another aspiring writer. You feel motivated all of a sudden, eh? I predict you will try to write one page at the most and then drop it. You'll probably spend more time fantasizing about the success of the book and how cool it will be rather than actually writing it.

That's what I do whenever I try to write my novels. I dream of being so rich I'll be forced to burn my money to keep warm during the winter. Except I actually have talent, unlike op. Just need to get off my lazy ass.

Don't worry about that.

Try me, I'll quote you when I publish.

What's the book you've written?

Get the fuck out.

If you have a lot to say you'll have better questions for user than "halp"

I also just need to get off my lazy ass. But neither of us will, will we?

It's the case 99% of the time. Can't blame us for being skeptical. So what book have you written?
Have you ever been published?

Go with 2, as it has the most potential. 1 removes a lot of the mystery element, and 3 is nihilistic tripe.

Nigger he simply referenced the length of the HP books. Stop being such a trigger happy shit.

Only because it is an easily accessible reference.

Yes

Lol no.

What is anonymity?

2 is the most cliche imo. 3 is the most difficult, and you'd have to be an extremely talented and experienced writer to pull that off. I guess 1 is the only option OP has.

I want to construct mary sue dark fantasy world for my personal enjoyment, i got some few cool images and concepts, but because of depression every concept i can think is about something dull, boring and gray. There is not any driving force in this world. Every somehow active character of this world is a outsider, and it's habitants are all soulless dummy creatures. It's like dark souls, but they even not hostile. Main antagonist is a destructive machine without personality.
So, world is interesting in some details, but it's so dead, that i am stuck. And i cannot think out stuff that can make it go because i don't want to, but i want this world not to be too boring to explore.
Don't know what to do.

Well, what was that book about? Was it succesful? Give us some more backstory. What country are you from? You're obviously not a native English speaker.

You just take anons here for children retards, right? "Easily accessible reference" my ass, it just shows what is usually on your mind and the things that are connected to this.

Would you agree 3 would be a better story than 1?

If so then do you think I should do it.

This thread seems to be more about my ability to create than what would make a better story.

Perhaps I shouldn't have asked people that could read about which story they would like to.

Sci-Fi

It was non fiction. The United States.

Are you telling me that Harry Potter books are not an easily accessible reference?

Rowling is literally the richest author on earth. her books are one of the most succesful of our time. Have you been living under a rock? Stop being such a pretentious asshole.

We get a lot of aspiring writers here, and most of them just flake. We have little reason to believe that you're any different. But yeah, go with 3. It would be something fresh and new, different from the usual 'herr aliens n shiet' which the vast majority of aspiring sci-fi authors try to pull off.

And why do you want to write an entire series? If you go with 1 or 2, sure. But 3 should be one decent book in itself, a criticism of society, something like that.

Wew, I'm not surprised at all

You're discrediting the entire thread based on a single reference, not even a reference on the contents or theme of HP, no, but the amount of pages it has. Absolutely irrelevant.

You would make a great author my friend.

This is why I made the comparison.

People just seem to have their mind set to one thing.

I only asked people what they thought would make a better story; what they would rather read.

I'm sorry I asked what people wanted done before doing.