Spooky shit

I had a very strange experience 12 years ago in Starved Rock state park, IL. It was so bizarre at the time I never discussed it. I began reading the Missing 411 stories a few weeks ago and realize what I encountered fits into the Missing 411 profile. Additionally, since many of the Missing 411 stories border on the unexplainable and bizarre I feel what I encountered was not unique, that it was part of an actual phenomena. Here is my story.

I was visiting my GF in Chicago. On a sunny and calm winter day we decided to go for a hike at Starved Rock state park, IL. I am an avid hiker and being on leave from Iraq I wanted to take in some cool, fresh air. We hiked the park for several hours. In late afternoon we started heading back to the car. About 1/2 mile away from the parking lot we came into an area where tree branches were broken and pulled towards or over the trail. Most of the branches were broken high up, I'd say 8' and more off the ground. I'd lived in WA before going to Iraq and knew something of Sasquatch areas. So I told the GF it looked like a Squatch area due to the branches broken off up high and pulled over the trail. That's about the time things started to get strange.

Soon after mentioning this I felt like someone was staring at me. It's like if you go in a room with a lot of people and someone is focused on you you get an uneasy feeling and can tell you're being watched. It was like this but stronger. I started to look around to see who was watching me. It was winter and the forest was visible 100s of feet in all directions. There was a group of walkers several hundred feet behind us and no one in front of us but I saw no one staring at me. As we passed through the 'squatch' area I began to have the feeling someone was behind me, following us. I looked around and listened but saw and heard nothing. There was just the people 400' or so back on the trail and they were talking amongst themselves. They weren't looking our way. The sense of someone being behind me was persistent so I kept looking behind me I'd say at least twice a minute. But there was just the group way back. The feeling of being watched is one thing but feeling like someone is close behind you is something else. It is more disturbing. I told the GF to go further in front of me and let her go about 20' in front because I had a strong sensation of a nearby presence just behind us.

So I turn around not more than 30 sec.s since the last time I looked back and there is this woman there. She was walking but coming up on me fast. There was something way off about her speed. She was walking when I spotted her but her speed was much faster than her gait. It was as if she was on a people mover escalator like in an airport. She was coming up fast and was I'd say no more than 15 or 20 feet behind me when I saw her. I was rather alarmed and glared at her. She stopped when our eyes met. I gave her a look like 'WTF are you doing coming up on me like that!'. We stood there staring at each other. Neither of us moved. She had her head cocked back, to her left and looked at me from the corner of her eyes in a slightly alarmed 'you caught me' type of look. She was completely normal looking, like a local Chicago lady, late-50s, wearing a bright red winter coat, gloves, slacks, etc.

In hindsight there are a few other things besides her speed which stand out. The first thing is there was no sound, no footsteps, no rustling in the woods nothing to tell me to turn around other than the strong sense of something behind me which I'd had for a bit . At the speed she was moving she would have had to have been running hard but I heard no footsteps. She was not breathing hard and her mouth was closed. Her gait was a walking gait. She was not running. However, she was moving towards me at a running speed. I mean fast. When she stopped I'd say she was less than 20' from me. At the speed she was moving in 1 or 2 seconds she'd have been on me.

The next thing that stands out is her features. She had no distinguishing features. None in her hair, skin or clothing. No shadowing or skin hues, dimples, etc. As a former Army criminal investigator I know to look for distinctive markings on people and clothing. There were none. I'd estimate her height at 5'10". Her clothes were of uniform coloring and indistinct. It was like she just stepped out of a department store. Her bright red coat was pristine with a uniform hue to it. There wasn't even shading -which there should have been given the clear sky and low sun.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/b/res/7247957.html
archive.is/aXGUo
web.archive.org/web/20170731130926/http://8ch.net/b/res/7247957.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

After staring at each other for I'd say 5-10 seconds I felt like I got my point across so I turned around and continued walking. The GF had not noticed anything and had continued walking. I took about 3 steps and realized there was no way she could have come up from that group in the 30 or so seconds since I'd last looked back. There was also no where to come from on either side. Visibility at that point was hundreds of feet all around. I said to myself "no way!" and spun back around. She was gone. Simply vanished. I checked the group behind us and no one had a red coat on or was looking at us. There was no one else around and there had been no sounds other than my foot falls. The woman just vanished.

From that point it took us about 10 minutes to reach the car. For the remainder of the walk I did not feel like I was being stared at or followed. I have never been back to Starved Rock state park and have no intention of going back.

The whole thing was bizarre. How was I supposed to tell anyone about that? So I never have. My mental state was fine. I have a high IQ and a 20 year career in a STEM field following Army service. At the time I was working a DoD IT contract in Iraq. I was well rested and relaxed being on vacation with the gf. There were no drugs or alcohol involved. These are strictly prohibited in my line of work and were grounds for immediate termination under MNFI's GO 1 which I was subject to at the time.

I've carried this experience around for 12+ years being unable to talk about it because it is was so exceptional and unexplainable. It's a relief to read similar stories of unusual encounters and disappearances. After reading many Missing 411 accounts and the profile of disappearances I believe I narrowly averted being snatched by whatever that thing was. I do not think it was the woman I saw. I think it was something different which I could not see.

stopped right there. go back to 4chan.

Good read! I would tell you a story but unfortunately life isnt that eventful for a NEET.

To add a bit more to the discussion and to add some deniability, I would like to disclose that I work the graveyard shift at work, and when I come home, my wife leaves for work. So I am typically exhausted and mildly sleep deprived. My adventure happened mid-morning, before my son and It's nap time. I also only get 3-4 hours of actual sleep in the evening before my shift. I believe this detail can help this community help come to a conclusion. I am also going to make a separate post with photos of the trail, a pic of my son and I with the wagon, the map of the trail, and approximate area where the anomaly was observed.

Some background information: Armed Forces Veteran (USA) on the east coast. Son is 2 years old. Event happened one week ago.

Okay, so every now and then, I like to take my son out on walks around the neighborhood in his wagon. We would typically travel to one of the nearby playgrounds so that he can blow off some energy before his afternoon nap. I like in a decent area that has newly developed houses / townhomes, and the housing development is still being expanded greatly.

This particular day was beautiful. Lightly cloudy, somewhat hot but with frequent cool downs due to passing clouds. I thought that today would be a great day to take my son out for a stroll, and head over to a newly made playground that I saw on the way home one day. So, we set off, packed with a couple water bottles and a snack just in case.

As we were doing a brief tour around the neighborhood, I noticed a state-sponsored and well maintained trail entrance that I never noticed before while driving around. I decide "F**k it, it is a pretty day, and my son likes nature. He won't mind!" So, off we went on this very distinctive, clear trail with mile markers every 0.25 miles and yellow markers on trees every 100 feet or so to let you know that you are on the correct path.

Everything was going well for the first mile and a quarter. We were fairly deep in the woods, but certainly no more than a quarter mile from the developments at any given time. We came across a bridge that went over a small trench and proceeded for about another half mile after that.

Then, things slowly started to seem off. The clear yellow markers that were put on the trees started disappearing, probably due to vandalism because the nail was there, but the marker itself is completely gone. I didn't mind much because the path was still definitive, deliberate, and well maintained. But then, I heard a loud snapping sound that sounded like it was roughly 50-75 feet back. I immediately halted the wagon and looked back to see what it was. This is where shit got surreal.

As I looked back, I noticed that the trail I was walkin on lost all sense of familiarity. There were trees I didn't see, certain plants I know for sure weren't there before, etc. But regardless, I kept my composure and stared deeply into the woods to see what made that snapping sound. I scanned the area and didn't see any life forms, but for some reason, my eyes started to fixate on a particularly unnerving dark section of the forest. For whatever reason, my entire body started locking up, and every single alarm bell in my head was pinging. No matter how hard I tried to focus on this dark patch, I couldn't see shit. I had the weirdest sensation of being able to see each individual branch and plant in high detail, but I couldn't focus on the scene overall. It was super blurry. I also felt my internal fight-or-flight mechanism flipping between the two decisions faster than a coin in a coin toss.

I stood there for what felt like an eternity, trying to figure out why my senses were not working anymore. The instinctual part of my brain was screaming that there was *something* there, but I absolutely could not observe it. Whatever little light that was in this area seemed to bend around this one central point, somewhat like how a cloaking device works. It was a minor distortion, but enough to make it strangely obvious. I then noticed how I haven't heard a peep from the forest this entire time, and I was feeling very cold even during 85+ degree weather. I could not shake this feeling of impending doom, probably what one feels when they are on their death bed. I felt exceptionally vulnerable because I was not armed and bad no way of dealing with whatever the hell this was. Eventually, I was able to snap out of my trance briefly to look down at my son, and saw that his body was contorted around his seat, frozen and staring exactly where this anomaly was, with his mouth agape and his eyes wide and dilated. This is when I KNEW that I wasn't hallucinating, and that we needed to get the hell out of there.

I took advantage of my brief moment of clarity and ran like the wind, with my son in tow. I looked back only once, and saw that my boy was still looking towards the area, but not frozen in place anymore. It took all of about a couple minutes to get out past the tree line and onto a main road. For whatever reason, I broke down and started crying. My son looked at me like I was crazy lol. But anyways, I had never felt such sheer terror over what seemed like NOTHING in my whole life. I hadn't felt that way at all in any point of my life, in fact. The feeling that my son and I are completely vulnerable, and that I wouldn't have been able to defend either of us. I also never had that distinct feeling of being able to see things perfectly, yet not be able to register any of it in my head. My morbid curiosity wants me to revisit the place, equipped with a firearm and a GoPro to record any events that would arise, but I am still trying to get over this previous experience for now. I have been in scary situations before, but this trumps anything I have ever experienced before.

In July of this year (2016) I was on a personal retreat at a yoga center in Colorado. I too live in Colorado, am a fairly experienced hiker, and had been to this facility several times over the years so had been on solo hikes on this land with some familiarity with the trails.

The second day of my retreat I set out in the afternoon on a solo hike. I took my cell phone for taking photos. About 3/4 mile into the hike on a well marked trail, I walked maybe five feet off trail to have a look at a brightly colored sign attached to a tree which gave the name of the national forest I was in. I read the sign, turned around to get back on trail, and literally the trail was not there. I found myself in a different location. How could this be possible I thought to myself, and then of course, one begins to panic when things go so wonky. I calmed myself and circled the area trying to find the trail, or some way to get back on track, but it was not there. I made sure to not wander from the small area I was in, yet I was still searching for a way out. I retraced my steps to find the tree with the brightly colored national park placard as a way to reorientate my location, but it was not there either. As I walked in the direction I came from, there was barbed wire fence all around. I then began to get what I can only describe as a very creepy feeling that I was being watched and the panic set in again. I knew I must not panic and that I had to stay in the area I was in. I felt as if there was an energy trying to get me to go in a certain direction, but my gut, my intuitive self, said NO, don't go there. Then I thought to call 911 or my husband who was 30 miles away. Not sure if I could've gotten service, but again, my gut very strongly said NO, do not get on your phone. Then in the distance, I began hearing the voices of people talking. Oh good, I thought, I'll call out for help, as I just assumed that if I could hear them, they would hear me. So I cried out for help, screaming for help as loud as I could. Then I began to have this terrifying feeling that the sound of my voice was going nowhere. The best way, in retrospect, I can describe it, is that I was very small, in a petri dish being looked at and the sound of my voice was being muffled. I literally thought to myself at this point, oh, this is how some people go missing. That's when I knew I had to absolutely find a way out. I ran straight away and there in front of me was a field so I just began running in the direction of the yoga center. The grasses got taller and taller as I ran and were taller than me in places. It was a very dry and hot Colorado summer, but this field was like a marsh or bog with dips and holes. I was sinking in, as if in quick sand, as I was running and at one point badly twisted my ankle. It felt like I was going in slow motion, but I was running as fast as I could. Eventually, I got to a trail just near the facility. I sat down on a chair by a small lake that is on the property and was really in a dazed and confused state as to what I had just experienced. Mostly I was just incredibly thankful to be sitting there. I remember too, my eyes were burning badly, like I had been doused with some sort of chemical. For days they were quite red and still burning. I was not able to walk as my ankle had swelled up like a cantaloupe, so my dear husband picked me up a day earlier. I was wearing bright pink pants, by the way! Also of curious interest, a few weeks after this incident, a boot with a foot in it had been found at a ski area very near where I had this experience, and in January, a worker from this same ski area had gone missing. He has not been found. The foot was not his!

My husband had read Dave Paulides' work and research on bigfoot a few years earlier, but we weren't familiar with his work on missing people in national forests. He suggested I listen to his interviews. I haven't stopped reading and listening to Dave's incredible stories! Thank You for providing this site so we can tell our stories and keep informed, and theorize about these very strange experiences. I now have a deeper understanding of the notion that "we are not alone."!

A few years ago I was walking through the woods off the beaten track a bit and I smelt this really overpowering sweet smell. Being nosey I pulled back the undergrowth to have a look and found a dead body. The guy had clearly been there a while and wasnt looking great, all swollen and green and black with various runny bits. The local wildlife had also been dining well for a few days.

I called the police who told me to wait with the body until they arrived. Being in the middle of no-where it took a while for them to arrive and it got dark and I was just sat there in the dark with him for a long time.

It turned out he had committed suicide. For a long time afterwards I had dreams about him and he would talk to me and not nice things. Mainly about how he was angry I had disturbed his resting place and he wanted me to kill myself. Probably just my imagination but all pretty disturbing at the time. He still turns up in my dreams from time to time and no doubt will be tonight after typing this..

About two years ago, I was driving home from a family reunion pretty late at night, and the drive was about two hours. I didn't stay the night because I had to be back for work the following day. Most of the drive was on roads with dense bushes and trees on either side - the real creepy ones you see a lot in movies. Anyway, I had been driving about 45 minutes, and I was starting to get really tired. You know how sometimes you just suddenly become *really* tired, out of nowhere? Well yeah, that happened to me. I knew I wasn't going to last, but I didn't come across any place that I felt I could park and safely sleep.

Anyway, after it became clear to me that I wasn't going to find a place to pull up, and my tiredness wasn't going away, I did something very questionable. I pulled over to the side of the road onto the grass, behind some bushes, to try and hide my car from anybody else who was going to come past (the roads weren't empty, I came across another car every few minutes or so). I made a mental note that the time was 11:22, and then fell asleep.

Some time later I was awoken by a scratching sound. I looked at the clock - 11:50. The sound stopped after a few seconds, and because I was still extremely tired, I didn't bother looking around and simply went back to sleep. I was later awoken by the same sound, and it was now 12:40. This time it really freaked me out because the sound didn't stop. The thought ran across my mind that it was just an animal inspecting the car, but why would it return almost an hour after it had left the previous time? I looked in my rear view mirror and *just* managed to catch a glimpse of something running away into the forest. Now, at the time, I thought it was the damn hook killer, you know the one that scratched that couple's car and then slaughtered the guy when he got out to investigate? Fuck that, I thought to myself, so I got the hell out of there. There was a bend no more than a hundred yards up the road, and as I came around it, there was a fucking car, parked off to the side of the road with the driver side door opened. I slowed down just to look to see if anyone was in there (there wasn't). Then I looked in my rear view mirror. I didn't see anything, and all of a sudden, this guy comes sprinting around the corner. He starts screaming at me, shouting stuff like "Hey! Hey you! Get the fuck out of your car! Now!" I noped the fuck out of there and sped off. I never saw the guy again. Moral of the story? Don't fucking sleep on the side of a deserted road.

I had awesome parents who let me sleep in the living room on weekend nights when I was very young because my sister was a light sleeper and I could stay up until dawn. But of course I always end up sleeping on the couch because Nick At Nite made me tried.

So, one night I wake up to the prickly feeling. Like an instinct. Just bolted into a sitting position and stared out the front window. We lived in rural Georgia, so you can imagine the magnitude of trees. In perfect light cast from the moon, I see a silhouette of someone in this fucking tree. The family dog dashes to the window and is snarling into the glass.

Terrified, I run into my parents room and try to explain to my parents that there is a strange person outside. Dad grabs something defensive and darts outside with the dogs to beat the wax off the hot head. I tremble in Mama's arms until Dad comes home and says he saw no one and to go to bed.

I decide to sleep in my regular bedroom. I fill in my sister in as to what happened. Dad is making regular rounds in the house with a cup of coffee. We're all still and I finally think "I can sleep." Nope. I notice the man outside my window. From what I can see in the moonlight, he gives me a shush signal and runs away. Just turns around to run a straight line away. I swear I couldn't stop crying for what felt like hours.

>>>/creep/

My house sits farther back in the lot than most other houses. It is a strange lay out as well, the sidewalk runs the length of the living room and ends at the front porch, which lets into the living room. Large windows that do not open allow great light to get into the living room, but at the cost of no privacy. The rest of my family was on vacation, and having the house to myself, I decided I would get smashed. Well, I pass out on the couch in the living room at about nine, when I realized I was too scared to walk back to my room. The couch is right underneath these big windows. I woke up suddenly, not knowing why. I had a severe case of the chills, and I could not figure out why. Then the banging started. It came from right above me. I did not move, but I opened my eyes and looked up at the window. Someone was standing there, pounding on the glass. Without moving, I looked at the cable box. It was around three in the morning. The banging continues. Then it stopped suddenly, but I still did not move. Suddenly it commences again, coming from two different directions now. Someone is banging on the window, and another person is banging on the front door. They kept doing it, would not go away. Finally after about forty minutes they quit. It was the most terrifying event I can recall at the moment. It made me a nervous wreck after that. I called a friend the next day to see if he would come over and stay for the rest of the week, and his response was "What the fuck for? So that we can both be murdered in our sleep?" Thanks a lot, asshole.

Ok so this happened to me last summer when I was back at my parent's house during the holidays. It was around 3am and i was in my room on my computer when I got a call from my sister. Now that was already a little bit weird since my sister's room is just down the hallway from mine and she could have just came in my room. I went to pick up and the call ended as soon as I reached the phone.

I figured that she wanted to speak with me so I got up and went to her room. As soon as I reached her door, she started screaming that someone was in the room with her so I busted in and of course nobody was here.

After she stopped crying she told me that she woke up and saw a dark shadow just centimetres from her face and that's when she screamed. So I told her that she called me, she tell me that her phone is not in her room and that she was sleeping. Sure enough her phone is actually dowstairs in her purse. The weird part is that I have the log of her call on my phone but she doesn't. Never managed to explain this one.

A friend told me a story from when he lived in Florida that is somewhat similar. There was a local thing about the nearby orange field being haunted by a witch, so him and his older brother went to investigate on one of his brother's drunken whims. To describe my friend just imagine your average 19y/o NEET to be. His brother was a country-acting hardass in his mid 20s.

When they arrived toward the center of the field at night they sat for awhile with the lights on. His brother brought a 12 pack, so they just enjoyed themselves for about an hour discussing the local legend.

My friend said that all of a sudden they saw a silhouette approaching in the edge of the headbeam's light. As it drew nearer, moving faster than what its casual walk would seem to allow, his brother opened the car door and stuck his head out.

"Can I fucking help you?"

The figure stood for a moment roughly 20 feet from the car. It became apparent it was a very skinny old woman with long, unkempt hair wearing a modest dress.

"You hear me bitch? How can I fucking help you?"

The figure yelled very loudly then. As my friend described it: pathetic, very unintimidating. What happened next however scared them put of their wits.

She charged and jumped ontop the car, leaping an inhuman 6-7 feet. His brother slammed his door and sped off. The figure was already standing in the rearview mirror.

My theory is that it was some crazy living out in the fields. Who knows? Maybe thats all witches are anyway. You hear stories of the insane or adrenaline pumped preforming equally impressive feats.

This happened two nights ago, so I’m still replaying it over and over in my head. I thought this would be a good place to share. I’m a pretty predictable person, with a predictable schedule, so I’m not sure if this was a random occurrence or if someone knew my nightly routine.

I’m a 35 year old woman. My husband Rob gets up for work hours before me, so he goes to bed before I do. I usually get to bed a few hours after he does, around the same time every night. I turn off the lights and tv in the living room and take my dog to the back door to let her out (she’s tiny, old, and poses zero threat to anyone). The door leads to a large deck outside. Off to the right of the deck is a few steps down and a small path to the gate, which we always keep chained and locked.

Every single night before opening the door, I peek out of the window right next to it without disturbing the blinds, and flip on the deck light. I never expect anyone to be there, and we’ve never had a problem with anyone trespassing or trying to break in. It’s just something I do, every night. Kinda like peeking behind the shower curtain before I pee – I *know* no one is back there, but if I don’t check, then that’s going to be the one time that there actually is someone hiding there, ya know? Hey, I watch a ton of horror movies and it’s pitch black outside at night where I live. So a few nights ago, I got ready for bed, went to the back door with my dog slowly following behind me, and peeked out the window. I flipped on the light. My heart jumped into my throat when I saw a skinny, dirty guy in his 30’s/40’s standing off to the side of the door, facing it. I see him raise his arm up and hold a screwdriver above his head as soon as the light went on, preparing for someone to open the door.

I screamed “ROB GET UP!! GET THE GUN!!” as loud as I could which startled the guy, and he jumped over the rail of the deck (even though he was right next to the stairs) and ran. My husband ran out of our bedroom with his gun. He called the police and they showed up within 5 minutes. They drove around trying to find the guy, but no luck.

The guy broke the lock on our gate to get in. He also pried open the back screen door, which we always keep locked as well. If I would have opened the door without looking out first…I might be dead. I don’t know if I caught the guy trying to break in, or if he was waiting for me to open the door like I do every night. Either way, it was fucking terrifying. My parents are buying us outdoor security cameras this week as an early birthday present for Rob.

I drempt I was fucking my 12-yo kid sister.

I woke up, and it hadn't been a dream.

She lay there, still panting exitedly.

Stop LARPing in other threads, negro

What kind red-blooded male doesn't fancy a bit of witch-rape?? Wake up

Good thread. I read it all

Perhaps a Sasquatch in the area projected that mental apparition at you

Damn I would love to see some teeny boppers in these vids

Groovy! What a blast! Can you dig it? F.A.B!

you guys heard of this Missing 411 shit? Shit is spooky as fuck. The cases they describes aren't your "guy gets lost in the woods and dies" stories. It's cases where nothing adds up. For example there's a climbing party and next to last guy suddenly notices that the rope behind him is limb. The guy who was behind him just 5 minutes ago isn't there anymore. Rope isn't cut or anything. They look everywhere for him. Bring in a search party etc. But neither the guy nor his equipment are ever found.

Why are you copy pastaing these with videos of flabby candid whores?

What sort of cognitive dissonance is this?

I don't like to see flabby candid whores when pondering the mysteries of life. You just sort of ruined this topic for me by messing with my brain chemistry/arousal centers. I consider this an act of aggression.

That's what needs to happen to OP for being an incompetent boor and posting flabby candid whores.

I swear to fucking God such insolence shall not go unpunished.

A micro-aggression, you would say?

Wow, it's fucking nothing. Can we actually get something spoopy, preferably something that isn't TL;DR?

then a skeleton popped out

Oh, thanks, now I'm not going to fucking sleep tonight.

I just landed a turd that smelt so revoltingly horrific, that even Satan himself would be disgusted. My wife called an ambulance. The neighbours called the Fire Brigade. Being constipated for 4 days didn't help… it had all that time to brew, ferment and ripen. Lord Saron would not have claimed that shit for himself… Orcs would have cringed in abject terror, I'm telling you! Even my dog fled, and is hiding under the house, refusing to come out. Scary shit - literally.

Chan culture was an unconscious strife for biological survival that popped up into the minds of the people that, separately, created it into the shape it has today.
The reason behind this impulse was a reaction to modern culture, as in propaganda, television, and government psy-ops in which they use this tactic of saturation and confusion to render people helpless and unable to process information.
We're driven here by the same voice, in the back of our minds, telling us that we will grow stronger if we stand this, and manage to make sense of this tsunami of conflicting reactions, emotions and triggers.
All that fad with meme magic and all those coincidences last year were just a glimpse of the fact that we are rooted in a deeper reality than most people can access or proccess.

tl~dr Holla Forums is the true face of the future. learn to ride this wave.

I go to that place frequently. What trail did this happen on?

No, it's called cognitive dissonance and brain trauma you impotent meme fag

If I take interest in a topic I'll devote my soul interest to it, not some flabby candid whores OK?

You soulless fucking scum, your entire existence is an ab-use

I think I went to school with this guy. That's pretty spooky.

web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/b/res/7247957.html
archive.is/aXGUo
web.archive.org/web/20170731130926/http://8ch.net/b/res/7247957.html

asgqahWNJHNWR