1. Sun Tzu said: The art of war is of vital importance to the State

1. Sun Tzu said: The art of war is of vital importance to the State.

2. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.

3. The art of war, then, is governed by five constant factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations, when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

4. These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth; (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.

5,6. The Moral Law causes the people to be in complete accord with their ruler, so that they will follow him regardless of their lives, undismayed by any danger.

7. Heaven signifies night and day, cold and heat, times and seasons.

8. Earth comprises distances, great and small; danger and security; open ground and narrow passes; the chances of life and death.

9. The Commander stands for the virtues of wisdom, sincerely, benevolence, courage and strictness.

10. By method and discipline are to be understood the marshaling of the army in its proper subdivisions, the graduations of rank among the officers, the maintenance of roads by which supplies may reach the army, and the control of military expenditure.

11. These five heads should be familiar to every general: he who knows them will be victorious; he who knows them not will fail.

12. Therefore, in your deliberations, when seeking to determine the military conditions, let them be made the basis of a comparison, in this wise:–

13. (1) Which of the two sovereigns is imbued with the Moral law? (2) Which of the two generals has most ability? (3) With whom lie the advantages derived from Heaven and Earth? (4) On which side is discipline most rigorously enforced? (5) Which army is stronger? (6) On which side are officers and men more highly trained? (7) In which army is there the greater constancy both in reward and punishment?

14. By means of these seven considerations I can forecast victory or defeat.

15. The general that hearkens to my counsel and acts upon it, will conquer: let such a one be retained in command! The general that hearkens not to my counsel nor acts upon it, will suffer defeat:–let such a one be dismissed!

I am the Lord your God, thou shall have no other gods before me.
Thou shall not make any graven images of things above the Earth or on the Earth or beneath the Earth or worship them.
Thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vain.
Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy. In so doing you declare the Lord to be the creator of all things and that he is the redeemer of his people
Honor and get on with thy father and mother so you will have a long good life
Thou shall not kill people
Thou shall not commit adultery
Thou shall not steal
Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbour
Thou shall not covet anything of thy neighbour's or anything else as well.

Yes and how do I apply this to a modern setting

It depends on the situation

I too have listened to Sabaton, OP.

At the time, and in his culture, he was right. Sine the rest of what he said logically depends upon the truth of this first statement, it too was correct.
That time, and that culture, is now long gone, and the initial statement upon which the others depend is now false. Therefore the entire presentation as a whole is false even though some of the elements contained therein may still be true for other reasons which have not been elaborated.

= since

How is it difference now? Is the same shit with cellphones.

Different, damn it.

Hey, did you read that book? read that book if you want to:

Fuck the world, no condom
watch her cry, no problem.

You can apply "the art of war" to any scenario or setting and it makes sense.

The Art of War is the Navy Seal copypasta of books. It can be applied to anything.

and it's a work of beauty and art. HEY YOU, IN THE BACK ROW! YEAH, I SEE YOU. PUT A PAUSE ON THE MOE; PICK IT UP. CRACK IT OPEN, AND START READING.

Sun Tzu say: “Cocain. It make you high, when you dry. Won't leave you like a wife. It don't judge you. It don't mind. It don't lie. It don't fight. It make you ride for really long time. When the day is done, and you still want to have fun, do cocain." - my favorite quote. He's hundreds of years before his time, honestly. He died way too soon.

What's your favorite Sun Tzu quote?

Truly words of pure wisdom.

"To find a good cut of steak, I could stick my head up a bull's ass, but I would rather take the butcher's word for it." - Sun Tzu

That was a man ahead of his time tbh. A true visionary. I remember that great line about niggers. "When you see a black ghost, get lost." Sure, the English translation is not as poetic as the original, but the sentiment is there.

Sun Tzu on the usage of repeating crossbows: "Two to the chest, the face gets the rest."

"moral law" isn't a perfect translation