Nintendo Switch Exploitation Toolkit

A group of people that I'm affiliated with has created an exploitation toolkit for the Nintendo Switch. There's no homebrew possible for the Switch as of yet, but sure, with *your* help anons, we can make our dreams come true!

pegaswitch.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

niceme.me
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't have a Switch Yet. But my basic understanding is this toolkit helps look for webkit crashes and bugs for a potential exploit right? Similar to Yellow8s tools for the 3DS?

Either way, its more than what most of this board is doing. Well done

Yeah, how about no. Every time that some hacker group tries that, someone else circumvents it and the group ends removing that rule. Stop trying enforcing your le bad piracy mindset, and start doing some investigation.

No, we're already there. Look up the Pegasus exploit.

It's boilerplate text. They are not going to put anti-piracy measures in the code, it is more to ensure that they are not caught up in the legal whirlwind that is "contributory infringement".

I don't even plan to have a Switch, but I hope they don't try to stop piracy actively.
Keep looking for the stuff that GovanifY, yifanlu, qlutoo, ryanrocks462 or smealum post.

The language on the front page of the wiki has been changed to reflect a more passive, but non-participant stance to piracy.

Tyler, how do you plan to skip signature verification without enabling piracy, then?

I'm not in charge, ask Cody.

P I R A C Y
I
R
A
C
Y

It is necessary for hacking groups to maintain a neutral stance on piracy for legal reasons. Obviously homebrew leads to piracy. The entire point is to be able to run unsigned code and/or circumvent software signatures. But nobody talks openly about it for a fucking reason.

A good example is Freeshop. They call it Freeshop officially because they say its an open source E-shop implementation. But we all know what it really fucking means, considering they allow you to add titlekeys from a URL. Which would be a pointless feature if you wanted to make an open source e-shop based only on legally obtained titlekeys. They just don't openly admit it for a reason

Sure, I'll help. Just send me a Switch and I'll give it a try.

Bretty gud reverse engineering fun. A+

But, as a side note for the portion of this discussion that belongs on Holla Forums, I honestly don't even see the point of consoles anymore.

If I really wanted to, I'd have a HTPC with Lakka or something. My backlog is years long from those emulatable consoles alone.

I guess it'd be cool to make the Switch the HTPC, but knowing Nintendo (and this applies to every other console of late) the hardware sucks shit. By the time I'll be able to run a distribution, or anything comparable to HTPC functions and emulators, thanks to others fine work of course, the hardware cycle for a new HTPC will be much more attractive.

The only real reason to get it would be the kinda nifty controller at the subsidized cost they're selling it at as part of the system.

What's partisan about piracy? You either pay for what you use or you're a thieving little shit

How high's the failure rate of Switch? I'm seeing a lot of people whining about it being a shoddy pos

non-participant you fucking Holla Forums dropout

niceme.me

Hard to know without Nintendo releasing actual figures.
It seems like quite a lot, but most of it is just the same twitter post being echoed by news agencies being echoed by twitter users being echoed by news agencies.

There is however some design elements that applies to everyone.
For example the stand being flimsy as fuck and breaking if you use it too much, the TV base scratching the screen, and the wrist strap connector getting permanently stuck to your joycon if you accidentally (and easily) click it on backwards.

m8

wew lad

There's that pegasus webkit exploit that people have been using been day one. Allows reading and writing of browser memory.

They say that shit so they don't get reemed for "supporting piracy" It's just to save their ass and the project.

The Switch has all the build quality of a cheap chinese knockoff, it wouldn't surprise me to find out it's made in the same factory as those NES Classics were. I wouldn't burn $300 on one just to jailbreak it, that money's better spent on a quality product like the Pyra.
Piracy? What's there to pirate? :^)

What? They keep the things s p i c y.

We have these things called photos and videos, gramps

0-800-nintendo-shill

I mean c'mon everyone knows the build quality is shit.

Fuck off, I don't even own a Switch nor do I plan on getting one. We're adults here give me a fucking break and go back to whatever hugbox you crawled out of

You could just take a look at the specs and design materials on public websites to see it's a cheap piece of crap, like every proprietary gaming console is. You don't need to bother defending them, most consumers will take a bullet to be able to play the legend of zelda 17 and pokemon platinum shekel

nintenkiddie fuck off back to Holla Forums