cooling

no.

windows for tiny passengers

Boundary layer control?

could you explain pls?

mid-air glory holes

kek

bump

Could be for the altimeter/speedometer. You're more likely to get a more complete answer from >>>/k/ though.

Nevermind I was looking at the wrong hole. I have no fucking idea.

semen holes to prevent the cum from overflowing the main engine

As a fucking retard, my guess is since they're near the intake, they probably help slow down the air in some way.

Heat dissipation.

/this

The holes are air bleed holes. The bulge is to prevent supersonic air from going into the engine.

A Diverterless Air Intake has the advantage of weight savings and being less complicated than an air intake that uses a diverter, pic related.

A "boundary layer" is a thin layer of a slow/non-moving fluid that seems to"stick" to a surface that fluid is trying to move past.
In computer cooling systems, it can have negative impacts on performance. The best cooling designs minimize it.

It is reasonable that such physics could have impacts on flight, or the use of cooling surfaces on the skin of aircraft.

Its not cooling, its supersonic air causing vibration from the shock of it buffeting the blades in the engine.

Pic related is from a F14

Further, the front of the engine is the "cold" section, it doesn't need cooling. The "hot" section of any jet engine is designed from iron-nickel alloy to sustain 1400 and 1500 degree Fahrenheit temperatures. The hot section doesn't need cooling either. The only thing you have to worry about is maybe overheating the engine on the runway after sitting for extended periods because you aren't cycling enough air thru the engine for its design intent.

Eh, in some engines (scramjets) air doesn't get slowed down at the intake so it enters the engine supersonically, practically spontaneously combusting the fuel injected into the airflow due to retarded high compressibility effects at those speeds. You'd typically only find designs for scramjets on missiles at the moment though, we don't really have any proper aircraft that flies in the mach 5 region.

GOOD point from my wife.

still no explanation of what those tiny holes are for

Battery venting.

They don't use sealed battery like AGM?

glory holes for ants?

That was already explained in

I will go into more detail just for you, but because you haven't thanked me for providing info previously ITT, you also get a fuck you for being a stupid and ungrateful faggot

Jet engines are not designed to handle the shock waves associated with supersonic airflow. A ramjet or hypersonic scramjet engine is, but not a jet engine. A layer of low-energy air that forms on the surface of the fuselage is called the boundary layer. This layer of slow moving and turbulent air can create chaos when disturbed by shock waves created by the inlet. The result can be unwanted airflow distortions at the engine face. If the shock wave/boundary layer interaction is severe enough, the engine will stall. The boundary layer thickens with increased speed and increased forebody distance, the length from the nose of the airplane to the inlet itself. The air bleed holes redirect unwanted airflow through small holes in the compression ramps to bleed ducts within the inlet. The bump functions as a compression surface and creates a pressure distribution that prevents the majority of the boundary layer air from entering the inlet at speeds up to Mach 2. You tell /k/ that Makise Kurisu sent you.

didn't read any of that shit

why is it so hard to find material about it on interweb?

It's already covered in aerospace textbooks.

Makise Kurisu here, I have an announcement to make.
For the last seven years I have been living a lie. I look in the mirror and see not myself, but a hideous, twisted and bloated mass of brown skin and greasy hair. That cannot be me. I won't allow it.
Today I'm telling you all the truth. Deep down, I'm a woman. Ever since my first childhood fap when blood came spluttering out my dickhole and I realized I enjoyed the feeling of massaging my soft, prepubescent chest, I knew something was different about my body. I was special, and I'm not allowing anyone to take that specialness away from me any longer. Reddi/pol/ can whine about it all they want but in the end they can't do shit to me or decide how I live my life.
To the wonderful people of /g/ and Holla Forums, this is not a farewell. I will live on as a beautiful faggot princess, the same as you've always known, just more honest to my self. For the past three weeks I have been injecting myself with near-lethal dosages of feminine hormones and, to be perfectly and completely honest, I feel sexier already :3

anyway, this part is just aerodynamics, not very secret.

The only part you got right is Reddit-pol. I'm perma-banned from Holla Forums (again) because I pointed out that nearly 50% as many Germans surrended as were KIA in WW2. 4chan Holla Forums is much better. In my ban appeal I called the mod a faggot who covers the entire front page in stickies, because once again a ban for "chronic shitposting" isn't anywhere as offensive as "chronic stickies".

10/10 for the Makise roleplay though, nicely done.

4u

that is probably meant to curse the user or subconsciously wasn't meant

I love these /tec/k/ threads. Maybe we should keep one up?

/k/ hates you

Everybody hates him.

because it's specific, niche, knowledge

youtube.com/watch?v=G3ja6Hn8ps4

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find even the very basic equations printed on the back cover of most engineering textbooks on the internet

Fan cooling