When someone says we're running out of helium and therefore it's immoral to use it to fill balloons

what are some retarded beliefs people hold that annoy you?

Other urls found in this thread:

phys.org/news/2010-08-world-helium-nobel-prize-winner.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

IT'S FUCKING RETARDED
YOU ARE WASTING A GAS CRITICAL FOR THE USE OF MRI'S TO LOOK AT A BALLOON FLOAT

OOOOH LOOK AT THAT BALLOON IT'S FLOATING HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK?

FUCKING USE H2 NIGGER IT'S NOT HINDENBURG IT'S A SMALL RUBBER BALL

The fuck you going on about?

Mods delete this shit threads. Do your job dumbasses and ban anyone who makes posts like this again

This, I'm really not sure if it's just a meme or there really has been a resurgence in it.

why?

it would be retarded if we were running out of helium, but we're not

dammn US, back at it again

yup. as far as I can tell, the sole source of this helium hysteria is a Cracked article that was posted on Reddit some months ago and got upvoted a ton because it supports their "le evil capitalisms is wasting resources" narrative.

why don't you h2 your life faggot

It's the braindead shit like this that majes me blow my brains out

Do it. With h2.

that jews are good people and don't control the world

Is helium infinite?

t. 2017

no, nothing is. but the US currently has enough reserves to last until 2100, and that doesn't account for any new helium that's in natural gas and such.

It's all because of the fucking kikes

No, it's because of the SJW feminist whales

Hahahahahah
These became popular because of the kikes.

Climate change is anthropogenic
Niggers are human
Democracy works
Gender is a lifestyle choice

Ok, you can explain why it's not?

It's one of the most abundant elements in the universe thou. This sounds like some sort of plot to hike up the price

That doesn't sound like a lot.
If we don't know how to make more, we shouldn't waste it to entertain children.

we don't know how to make more, but we do know how to get more from all kinds of processes

it's just that right now helium is so abundant that it's not actually worth collecting from those processes

Dude space lmao, just mine asteroids bruh

It's effectively a finite resource. Even if there's a lot, we're still consuming it for stupid reasons and will eventually have none left.

How would it hike up the price? Supply and demand. If you decrease the demand by lessening the demand for helium balloons, the price should decrease.

guess we better stop using any resources since they're all finite

Using them for stupid, pointless things? Yes.

stupid and pointless according to whom? you?

A lot of radioactive elements almost literally radiate helium.

We're not gonna run out of helium, tards.

I thought that was only in a fusion reactor

Fusion would be the act of fusing 2 hydrogen atoms to form helium.
But that wouldn't be radiation. The radiation resulting from a fusion reaction is a neutron beam. Deadly shit.
Alpha particles are basically the safest kind of radiation there is. An inch of wood blocks it entirely. The alpha particle is not an atom of helium until it picks up two electrons though, which it will take from somewhere else resulting in the ionization of whatever it took those electrons from.

But yeah, these elements emit helium basically by existing and many of their daughter particles also release the stuff, no reactor necessary. Like in that pic. Uranium becomes Thorium after emitting the alpha particle. Thorium is also an alpha particle emitter but I'm not sure what it decays into or what that releases off the top of my head.

The problem with wasted helium is that helium is expensive to store, and there's nowhere that isolates it any more.
Also, helium just leaves the atmosphere when it's used and not immediately recaptured because of how light it is.

I'm aware of the logic behind the "we're running out of helium" meme. What I'm saying is it's shit. Not only do we have storage facilities that will last us for 100 years, but we also have sources of helium that will last literal billions of years.

we're also gonna run out of oil in 20 years. a guy from 1970 told me so.

I met a guy at the shops who told me that Image Boards are gay. Should I believe him?

I'd believe it. My private oil well ran dry in in 1991, so he was right!

phys.org/news/2010-08-world-helium-nobel-prize-winner.html

I think I'll believe a notable physicist over a chantard's autistic ramblings.

stop the presses

The question is whether we have a limit supply of helium and using it for frivolous shit (i.e. running out), the answer is yes.

we have a limited supply of everything. the free market ensures that things are only used for 'frivolous' things if they're abundant enough.

We do, but the source of it is going to be around for billions of years.
lol who cares?
nope.

Btw, isn't me.

While the article is correct that alpha particle radiation is a relatively slow process, we can still obtain more than enough to suit our needs from it. When our supplies of the gas reserves run low, helium will naturally become more expensive.

Now fuck off with your appeal to authority. The guy did some impressive work on helium but that doesn't mean he knows shit about the longevity of our supply. And he'd obviously be more privy to concerns about helium as it's what he's made a name for himself out of.

Everything in life is a web of trust user, you have to trust someone because you're not going to independently verify EVERYTHING.

You're really going to trust some greentext over a physicist because REASONS?

For real.

wut where

I'm trusting this thing called FACTS.
Even the article you posted references the FACT that alpha particle radiation is a source of helium.

Do you trust FACTS or PEOPLE?

Man, you kids these days are fucking lazy.

wat

You read me. If you're going to have a belief, it should be based on things you saw with your own eyes and not the word of, most likely, the Jews.

or on logical reasoning

Radioactive decay is not a manufacturing process

It's a way of obtaining it retard. I didn't say manufacture, Don't put words in my mouth.

this occurs underground. you daft?

I can also obtain crude oil if I'm willing to wait a couple million years.

It occers wherever these elements are. Radioactive decay doesn't give two fucks whether it's underground or not.

Yes. Unless you can describe how party balloons aren't stupid.

Or, you know, pressurize lower hydrocarbons into more complex hydrocarbons until you get crude oil.

they bring joy to many people, including me

(Checked)
No, not even that. Logic can be subjective. You might think it wouldn't be, but one person's logic is another person's fallacy. You should confirm things yourself with your own five senses before you say you're 100% certain of anything, not just believe it because it makes sense to you on paper.

Didn't you get the memo?

Because there is zero evidence to prove it other than a bunch of jews demanding shekels off the goyim to 'save the earth'. You've been brainwashed into believing this crap simply because it's been drip fed to you for your entire life.
If were actual science it would only need one to prove it.

we get more helium when we mine titanium
just knock some more old people over before your birthday

they did that with the reports on CO2 in hawaii, dumbarse.

This reminds me of the "peak oil" production we were supposed to get in the 70s.

Gun control
Pacifism
Anti-vaccination.
Pro-life

nope. the axioms are subjective, but logical reasoning itself is objective.

therefore if you start from reasonable axioms and reason properly, your conclusion will be correct.

Gosh, you really are a good goy.
Gee, I can only wonder who could be behind this post.

Dis nigga knows what's up

Fucking since when
Have fun with over population and kids dying by the billions
Better have a way to take care of them once they're born. Oh but wait, you only care about them being born, not what they're born into or making sure they live past six months right?
If anyone's a cucked goy it's you.

I think you meant to post in Holla Forums

How the shit is that lefty?

the only good reddit is r/milliondollarextreme
& only if you dont make an account and just lurk
its like the morning funnies except for post-ironic NRx julius evola readers

See pic fucking related nigger. Sterilization is also something Bill Gates openly admits about with his vaccines.
That's just propaganda by the jews to try to depopulate the most intelligent humans on earth. The fact remains that everyone on earth can fit in a state the size of Texas.

If I had a child and you tried to stick needles in him/her I'd fucking kill you. No ifs ands or buts about it.

You're baiting right? You can't be serious
If anything abortion would create more intelligent people world wide since educational resources wouldn't be spread so thin
You're a special kind of lazy.

Be careful see your nose schlomo.

>implying (((educational resources))) actually make people smarter.
How do I become a good goy like you?

CONFIRMED!

But… why would they fucking WANT to?

Who is "we"? Is there a helium monopoly or something? If it's needed I'd think someone would move in and capitalize it.

They wouldn't. But compare that to, say, the US's land area: 103,646,677,939,200 sq feet
Now, if you modernize the world population to around 7.5 billion, you get just over 13,819 sq feet per person if you fit them all here. That is a 117'X117' plot for every person or 234'X234' if you assume an average family size of 4 people.
Now compare the size of the US to the entire world.