Mentally Ill Thread

I am about to go see a psychiatrist for the first time on Wednesday. I really just want to get put on some anti-depressants so I can stop feeling nothing and having no motivation all the time. Took me a long long time to finally get the balls to admit that I need help with my depression. But I don't want to just come out like an open book and tell the psychiatrist everything.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escitalopram
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You like lolis?

getting anti-depressants is easier than getting alcohol in many states

I've never been one to turn to prescription medication when unnecessary. I'm constantly paranoid that they are more toxic than healing in nature and the side effects by themselves are horrid, but I know where you are coming from. I wish talking about it wasn't necessary and they could just give me a pill to fix this. I haven't grown those balls yet, don't know that I will, but I wish you luck.

weak.

I convinced my therapist that I have ADHD. Mental illness is bullshit, user

FTFY
There are mental illnesses, but you're way better off going to a neuroscientist to get an actual answer.
Psychologists are the liberal arts majors of science.

I was on a high dose of Celexa, because I had anxiety, it took the edge off, and now I am off it. It does not really give you motivation, or " feelings ". They only noticeable change was only seen by others, I did not feel different except that did nit have as many drawn out episodes of anxiety.

This.
The "science" of psychology, especially as far as talk therapy goes, is basically up to your shrink's personal opinion on the matter.

Yeah but medication for anxiety does like the exact opposite as depression meds

It is a anti-depressant, it is a first line treatment before they give you benzodiazepines.

Stay away from antidepressents then, OP, because that's what they do to you. I was on several different medications for 4 years for depression and anxiety and only really noticed a difference for the first month or so. After that it was no different then before, but I stayed on them because I had convinced myself that I would be even worse without them.

After awhile I weaned myself off of them, and lo and behold, I still felt about as anxious and depressed, but I had regained my ability to feel other emotions too. I've been dealing with it since then, regretful in the knowledge that I lined my jew psychiatrist's pockets for four years for what essentially amounted to highly addictive sugar pills. Regarding pills, though, there seem to be a couple different strategies for how the "treatment" goes, and you may get a different "treatment plan" then I did. I certainly can't guarentee that it will help you, indeed it probably won't.

There is no pill that can help you OP, if it were that easy no one would be in this fucking mess. The only thing a shrink is good for is if you're lonely and want someone to talk to, otherwise don't bother.

There are some that do both, Lexapro for example.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escitalopram

Dont say
"I want to hug little kids, cuddle them in my arms, caress their body, work my tongue all over it, lick their balls, work my tongue around their clean asshole and tongue fuck their ass, I want to suck cock and swallow their cum.

A Psychiatrist doesnt care about your story he wants to know your symptomps, psychiatry wants to fight mental illness with medication and not therapy. If you tell him you really want to off yourself you are on meds in no time.

I went for a few months but then I moved to anothre city and I couldnt get myself to find a new doctor. I had to go through withdrawal but I feel good now and I am not poisoning my body with these weird chemicals.

Both the hippocratic oath and the law forbid your doctor from talking about your symptomps to a third party without your consent.

Why does everybody keep saying this, you guys must have had terrible doctors because the stuff I got was really helpful and it didnt have any side effects. Just switch doctors if you still get SSRIĀ“s.

I remember my first, and so far only trip to a psychiatrist; the whole first appointment is a sstandardized series of questions desided as a diagnostic test. There's no hoops to jump through or suggestions for things just yet- although by the second appointment different forms of therapy are looked into.

My diagnosis was majordepressive disorder [not sure what recuring moderate can be compared to], and general anxiety disorder. The primary drug prescribed was fluxoetine at 10mg, aka prozac. It takes 2 weeks to build up in one's system, but it really unclogged my mind in a way I didn't have any clue about. There was no pre-existing reference point for how helpful it is.

The other medication was hydroxine at 25mg, which is a sedative for anxiety and insomnia. It can be heavy hitting for the first time, but by use no.3, it's familiar enough.

They was no zombification, no brain numbing, or other such bullshit. I highly recommend fluoxetine at a minimum.

they will still sell your soul for a corn chip if your parents ask them anything
especially if grill psychiatrist
donot trust user

PROTIP: Anti-depressants only work if your depression is chemical and not environmental.

so get rid of the assholes

I wish it was that simple, user, I really do.

Well, at least OP's placed it on the right board.

it is

Dont do it fgt

The pills will make you worse