What if Snyder directed Civil War?

Found this in IMDB

Thoughts?

I suppose we'll never know what it would be like if Snyder directed a film about superheroes fighting among themselves

yea aright, I actually like his DC movies though, what are you going to do about it

I hope this was a stealth parody of shill posts

You sicken me, user.

OP here, like i said, i found it on another board (inb4 go back there) and just wanted to see if it made you think.

Making the Civil war about the sokovia accords instead was the best fucking idea. Though the rest of the points make perfect sense, but that's hardly because Snyder is a smart director.

Hack Snyder would have made all the characters into gay brooding unlikable pieces of shit without a ounce of levity between them preforming an array of color desaturated feats of computer generated drek.

I have no idea what Snyder would have done, but at least if he directed it it wouldn't have looked like a shitty television show. The only decent looking Marvel movies are the first Iron Man and then Guardians of the Galaxy, everything else looks like Joss Whedon tier trash.

First Avenger and The Incredible Hulk looked good too.

Hulk, maybe, Avengers, fuck no.

Wait, did you mean the Captain America movie? Call it Captain America, not the subtitle.

And only parts of Captain America looked good, I have a feeling the director tried his hardest to make a good film but the producers fucked him the end.

I pretty much agree with him. The only caveat I'd throw in there is that Snyder is only as good as the script he's working from, and the original Civil War comics were pretty bad to begin with.

Justice League should be pretty good then since the only writer is Chris Terrio.

To be fair, he did the death of super man in a really good way. It matched up thematically with the Christ comparisons in Man of Steel. I get if you don't like Snyder's style or approach, but he's clearly got vision.

I guess Passion of the Christ was a bad movie too then.

At this rate, anyone who isn't Goyer is an improvement. That faggot just got lucky with Batman films, but it is clear that he doesn't know what he is doing when you start to think about the plot of the film.

His vision is shittier than a indian main street. Heroes should not be compared to gods so hamfistedly to the point that it's slapped across your face everytime they're on screen. Nolan did it with the shit Dark Knight trilogy and now Snyder's doing it with Superman. It's not smart or clever in any way. It's lazy, pretentious, disrespectful to religious people, and just so fucking unoriginal.

Terrio did Argo and Batman v Superman, I have faith in him. I loved Nolan's Batman movies, and I'm pretty sure all the flaws can be attributed to David S. Goyer (I'd say the same about the flaws of Man of Steel and Batman v Superman). If you look at Goyer's body of work outside the Batman movies, it paints a pretty clear picture.

Don't forget X-Men and Spider-man.

Even though we're digging back over a decade, it still counts.

Superman is a god, that's Synder's take on him, and in universe it makes sense, to the people of Earth he would be a god. I don't mind that you dislike it, or that you're offended by it. But personally I dig it.

I was more talking about the films in the Marvel Cinematic universe or whatever. If we're talking super hero films in general I'd list the good ones like this:

1. The Rocketeer
2. Watchmen
3. Unbreakable

And then after that I don't know how to rank them.

>No Iron Man

I didn't like Winter Soldier at all. It looked like a television special.

I thought trump was going to put all of you faggots in concentration camps. What's taking him so long?

BB in particular has Goyer's signature style all over it and it's weird that people give it a pass

What?

As flawed as BB was, it gets an overall pass because the last movie to come out was Batman Forever/Batman & Robin (I honestly forget the order). Since it wasn't AS retarded, it was pretty much easy to look past problems and love it. And Dark Knight is overall so much a better film, that people are also more likely to be lenient on BB.

Anyway, as for the topic of the thread… that's the stupidest shit ever. Civil War in the comics was one of the worst and most retarded things to see print, and is only bested in awfulness by Civil War 2 because you can at least say things HAPPENED in the first Civil War. Having the movie start with a smaller international incident that made people look back on the destruction from earlier movies was smart, keeping the violence to one encounter instead of a long retard war was smart, using AS LITTLE AS THEY COULD FROM THE SHIT COMICS WAS A GOOD IDEA. Everyone can feed me how Zack Snyder "has a vision" all fucking day, but at the end of the day his vision just a childish music video, so he'd somehow make something written by Mark Millar even more embarrassing. The idea that anyone would want a "faithful adaptation" of a story as poorly thought out as Civil War is baffling.

What?

Not everyone is you, m8.

Yeah, I get that there are idiots who somehow can still look back on Civil War and say "Yeah, that was a good story…"

I get there are people who pretend it wasn't the cheapest attempt from Marvel to cash in on the success of DC's Identity Crisis, or don't want to admit that it was the start of the downhill rollercoaster of shitty events Marvel has been pumping out since.

So yeah, I get that some people have shit enough taste to suck on Mark Millar's nuts. You must be so proud.

You'll grow up one day.

I was referring to Cap 1.

Alright this is definitely just an autist being an autist. Another thread to hide. Thanks for cucking up the board with your shit taste.

A reminder that NOTHING from Civil War matters anymore. Registration is gone, no one who died that mattered stayed dead, even Tony got his brain sorta reset so that he gets a pass for being a super villain. So, besides the core idea of a split between Tony and Steve, everything in the comic version would serve to make the MCU worse, and ultimately would just be shit that would have to be undone (no one is going to greenlight a 50 States Initiative series). So no, doing a direct adaptation of that would just screw up the MCU, instead of fit in the way the movie version did. Probably because the movies have better writers. Fuck, even Millar's other books that are adapted into movies are fixed up because he writes tripe even by modern movie standards.

What's strange is that Winter Soldier looks better than Civil War despite the same team working in both movies.

Agreed. He's doing a lot of bitch complaining, but I haven't seen him try to actually refute that the comic event was a fucking mess.

I'll be curious what Planet Hulk elements we get in Thor 3, but it'll probably be pretty light.

The art was good and it had a few decent moments. And as far as Marvel events go, it's one of the better ones ( 90% of them are absolute shit) I never said I liked it though.

lol

What's wrong with them? They wrote Bay's only decent movie.

I don't know who those guys are.

Armageddon?

Pain & Gain

Pain & Gain was an adaptation of an amazing real life story, kind of hard to fuck up. Look at everything else they've done.

Oh, it had some moments alright. I think you're hoping people don't remember just how forced and stupid this all was. I think you're hoping people forget Peter unmasking and how completely dumb that was.

Go read some old, GOOD SHIT. Read fucking Infinity Gauntlet, along with the issues of Silver Surfer and Thanos Quest that lead up to it. THAT'S A FUCKING EVENT! Hell, read the original Secret Wars. It's a shameless toy commercial, but it has solid characters and some of the most iconic moments in all of Marvel.

Then you wouldn't want a direct film adaptation of a story you didn't like.

I'm reading through Civil War again online right now, and it's not nearly as bad as you are pretending it to be (the art is nice). Yes, Mark Millar wrote the Unfunnies and Nemesis, but not everything he does is pure shit.

I don't want a film adaptation of it. I just thought Captain America: Civil War was a shit film. You don't have to have one or the other.

Don't Marvel movies have a whole writing team that keeps the tone and continuity of the films fairly on track? Isn't the reason all the Marvel cartoons now are shit have part to do with all the good animation writers being part of this team? Even if the movies have a few shit writers, it's not like the comics, where they let Bendis lead an event while writing 4 other books, or where they publish books where it's clear writers are not talking to eachother at all. So, these guys could be total shit, but the MCU can endure them.

The MCU is terrible. Everyone of their films feels exactly the same as the other one, it's all quips and meaningless action. There is no meaning or point to any of their movies, and the visuals are uninspired on top of that.

Now you're too obvious. You shouldn't have posted a full 5 pages of really retarded moments with hilariously goofy looking faces.

Am I living in a different universe than you? Point out exactly what is wrong with the art in those pages.

I still think this a great moment.

I almost busted a gut with the fourth one.

Wait for the MCU reboot to see those then.

Can people just make stand alone movies? I don't like everything being connected. It gives them too much leeway to make mediocre stuff.

Why not jsut make movies with two legs to stand by while putting some references to other superheroes?

That sounds good too.

Yes, everything he writes is pure shit. EVERYTHING. He does the same thing with every single story. Turn everyone into an asshole or a sociopath, put a bunch of random sex particularly anal because he's obsessed with it, write his protagonist like he's a Garth Ennis protagonist, have anyone established act completely out of character and hype everything with descriptions like "I'm writing the citizen kane of comics!"

The only thing he's written that's mostly well-liked is Red Son, and it's still total shit that has Soviet Superman systematically kill off all the world's superheroes and it's justified by having them written as insane.

Isn't that Iron Fist posing as Daredevil during Civil War?

…Is it really? That's stupid.

I heard that Iron Fist filled in for Daredevil during Civil War or something.

Was that a retcon or something? I didn't read all the side comics, only the main series. I'll just imagine it was Daredevil because I don't think they ever specified it.

That's only the last few because Lord Master Whedon has control over them. If he had stayed on for any movies after ultron, the MCU actually would be collapsing. That movie was a black hole for any proper characterization, all of it replacing with them being quippy little faggots. When Thor is "quipping" as much as Iron Man then you fucked up.

The first captain america is one of my favorites.

Besides what said, you cold also just excuse any of Batman's stupidity with him just starting out and still learning the ropes.

Civil War looks good on paper, but it seems like no one could pull it off properly. Millar is a good "ideas man," but shit author. However, Snyder would be a perfect director for stuff like The Dark Knight Returns. He is creative enough with visuals and handles action sequences much better than most movie directors. Beyond that, his films are as good as his scripts, so all DC needs to do is find a competent writer.

DC should just have gotten Matthew Vaughn and his crew instead of Goyer and Snyder.

Most of the film is almost perfect, but it unfortunately falls apart in the final act.

It's shit like this that makes me glad that I've given up comics that don't feature either Japanese tulpamancers or little french girls.

No, Matt Murdock was in prison during Civil War (in the Daredevil series) so he asked Danny to fill in for him as Daredevil so people wouldn't keep thinking that Matt Murdock = Daredevil.

Whether it was Danny at that particular moment or not, I can't say, but in Brubaker's run, which overlaps with Civil War, he's in prison with Wilson Fisk and Frank Castle.

Wait a minute, only one super died in the whole comic.

I thought thought the newer Hulk was pretty good. Shame nobody else seems to have liked it.

I haven't met anyone who straight up didn't like it. Most people don't even remember it exists is all.

It was. The whole thing was a goddamned snuff film that tried to lay on a guilt trip.

Watchmen was good

Captain America would beat Iron Man to a pulp and then Iron Man says Peggy and Captain America flips his shit. Then they team up to fight Zemo.

The Marvel Universe lost me the first time Cap got punched by Ultron and wasn't insta-gibbed. Fuck, they were on thin ice the first time he was standing six feet from the Hulk making a landing and didn't go flying.

So, so goddamn lazy.

It really was. The hate for that movie is unfounded.