Basic feature phones

I made a thread about this because I felt this could be a big conversation.
Post reccomendations.
holy fuck why can't I find a phone with a slide-out keyboard but no cameras

if it was made past 2003 then no matter what you're fucked.

also all cellular devices use gsm and are therefore able to be tracked

What's the battery situation for old phones? Can new ones be bought?

Who are you quoting?

are you stupid or just joking around.

I'm just wondering why you're using the quoting syntax for something that's in no way a quote or similar to a quote.

Go back to your BBS, gramps.

He's right though. That quoting is retarded. Keep that shit on 4chan.

stuff like lineageOS doesn't cut it I guess?
maybe it doesn't solve as many privacy issues as you'd wish but at it at least debloated my phone from the shitty stock android+google+att garbage

but seriously shut up. your (possessive) dumb.

that website is fucking horrible jesus fuck.

thanks a fucking bunch there rat fuckers, i now completely understand what your project is about and what purpose it serves along with all the things that make it stand out from other projects.

and no, just installing a custom rom wont do, even if you remove 100% of software backdoors you still have hardware backdoors and features that due to the way they function are exploitable (gsm / gps)

Who are you quoting?

im quotin' yo muthafukin ASS ya bitch!

Been using pic related for a couple months. I've taken it into the shower and thrown it at walls but it continues to work just fine. Don't expect to even text with this thing, it doesn't even have a proper keyboard but the only thing I ever intend to use it for is emergencies.

The big issue it has though is that while you can put an SD card in it and listen to music from it, you can't access the SD card when you plug the microusb into your computer so you have to use a different SD card reader to do so.

You're lying!

in testing, right? totally not in a manchild autism induced rage.

I do that to demonstrate its durability when asked "why did you buy a dumbphone" by friends. Also the battery lasts almost a month before it needs to be recharged (if not in heavy use).

dont lie, you chuck it at their heads.

Freedumbs isn't my main reason, really I want a dumbphone because currently I use a goyphone but I find I have my fucking face in it 24/7. Also durability, battery life, size, keybaord and other features are a thing I'm considering.
Still haven't found one with a keybaord but no camera.

uhh cant you just like... disable the camera? even physically break it

First of all, learn some self control. I realize this ADHD mindset of constantly having to be doing something is being heavily pushed, but seriously, try to detach yourself from it. It's a tool. Try leaving it at home every now and then when you know you won't be needing it. Actually needing it, not wanting it because you're standing around somewhere waiting for something and you're dying of boredom. Second, learn other ways to cope with boredom, like talking to people, and try to generally slow down a bit. Many people I know are way too impatient when they don't need to be.

Good luck finding a phone though. I should look at some dumbphones myself. My family's flip phones are always dropping calls, making it frustrating to call them. They need something newer, more compatible.

I was trying to do that by cutting it out of my life completely.

It would still make me a bit paranoid if it came with one in the first place. Plus I don't want to have to pay more for a unnecessary feature on a phone that's not even supposed to have it.

By whose standards? Yours?

>basic feature phone

Honestly it is. I'd rather carry around 10 specialized devices rather than 1 which is a jack of all trades, master of none.

wew

while i understand the spirit and concept of your statement, the practicality is fuckin' dumb yo.

"smart"phone device :

Cost = 300-700 usd roughly kinda.

"10 specialized devices"

Cost = like, a billion dollars dude.

What a plum!

why does it have two signal bar graphs

Two SIM cards and connected to two networks at the same time?
Captain Obvious to the rescue

It's my choice if I want a basic feature phone.
Also who the fuck really needs to bring a camera, a calculator, a games machine, etc with them?
Plus really you only need like 3-4 devices with you:
Which can cost like $400-600

gsm can only be tracked according to cell site tower. If ((they're)) really desperate to trace you maybe they'll use that illegal backdoor within your badphones and even fake/spoof a cell tower in their party v&.

MNC LAC CID etc. and the signal strength are the ones that predict where you are or specifically tower(s) that are near and nearer to you. Maybe if you use it for calling then it'll be easier for them to trace you (if the ISP/cellular net agreed to wiretap you) but they will have a hard time finding you unless they rolled out the party v& in advance. Try hooking up your phone to a parabolic and MIMO antenna to spoof your distance and also double and increase overall signal performance.

Only use gsm or similar for the purpose of internet modem and use a prepaid SIM pack or buy illegal postpaid cards (If you know hacker insiders like me). Don't know about the new e-SIMs though, if possible buy lots of SIM while they aren't phased out yet but keep in mind the moment of purchase already gives off a lot of information (since most products are sold on specific areas only and if they fucking do logs).

is it silicone-safe or do I have to use a water-based lube to get that up my ass?

Meme arrows are not only for quoting but also for describing ones actions.

^ acceptable use of meme arrows

^ unacceptable use of meme arrows

this fucking thing is actually retarded. it shares just about nothing with the original besides the name, it looks like a play phone you'd give to your 5 year old, it's too much for what it is...

so why do I want one?

Why do you call quotes meme arrows? Quotes are not meme arrows!

Who are you quoting?