Infamous Iron Man

I hate you people, so I'm going to share this book with you. This might actually be terrible even by Bendis standards. Really think about this portrayal of Ben Grimm here.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/3ec4F
archive.is/e1oes
archive.is/YNpCf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mad Thinker basically calls Doom a cuck here.

Isn't this fight great? It's almost like there is NO TENSION WHATSOEVER.

Second page here ends on one of the worst panels ever drawn. Also this bitch is the fastest draw in the West. Why is this lady still a character?

Out of all the characters to get fucked over like this and by Bendis of all people…. why did it have to be Doom…

So, why would Doom EVER let his guard down anyway? He has infinite enemies, even if he's visiting a person he trusts. Does this mean if a sniper was tailing her they could have taken out Doom with ease? I know you have to invent some tension for a protagonist the scale of Doom, but this smacks of a lazy betrayal of the character. It feels like a cheap way to make non-threats seem threatening to him. As big and scary as the Thing is, Doom can easily evade him eventually, it's a non-issue. But, in traditional Bendis fashion, the fight shown on the cover of the book doesn't even START until the last page of the book.

Because Doom was cool, that's why. Bendis systematically tries to ruin everything cool in the Marvel universe.

Do you remember how he tried to rape Anti-Venom right after he had become a thing? Dan Slott mercifully ended Anti-Venom's story so Bendis wouldn't be interested in raping Eddie any further.

I looked up Mad Thinker a bit (as I tend to do when Marvel seemingly kills an old villain just to fill pages in a modern book), and his name has actually never been revealed (except in a novel of questionable canon where it was listed as Max von Scharf). So the fact that Bendis, who is just using him to fill pages, decides he has the right to name him Julius is pretty fucking pathetic. Thankfully no one will remember this, not even Bendis, and the Mad Thinker is probably among the easiest characters to say "it was really a robot double" any time he "dies".

Also, I still don't understand why Doom looks NOTHING like Doom. Just an arbitrary actor picked by one of the artists, instead of the character we've had for all these decades. They might as well reveal this was never Dr. Doom years from now when they want to bring classic Dr. Doom back as a villain.

I'm thinking of posting the first issue of Riri's book, but before I bother: it hasn't been posted on Holla Forums yet, has it? I mean, you guys had a week, but I assume no one cared.

You assume correctly. Go ahead and post it.

I don't think it has, post it anyway, I want to bitch about how it's stupid.

Oh right, let's get this shitshow on the road. Let's keep in mind what Dr. Doom did in his book:
So…. Doom did nothing of importance at all. Riri would be hard pressed to manage less than that.

Is Bendis like the Marvel CEO's fuck boy or does this shit actually sell?

So Riri's first villain fight will be against… tumblr from the looks of things.

Awww, Riri made a friend *coughLESBIANScough*

Am I bad person for laughing at this tripe?

In that case, I'm a bad person

First off, flying fists are smart on a ROBOT because it doesn't leave your human arms vulnerable to attack.

Second, cops need only see the SLIGHTEST HINT OF BLACK SKIN before they will shoot someone IN THE HEAD, BEFORE ISSUING A WARNING. I mean… that's pretty extreme. You don't tell a negro to get down AFTER you test how bulletproof their head is.

He sucks a mean donger.

is that supposed to be fire? where's the damage from the explosion?
there's no smoke in front of anybody, they're just cut outs plastered over the misty picture
plausible, but still bullshit
no.
No.
NO.
NO!
You are a black female scientist, you are not a trained soldier, mercenary, /k/ommando, weathered gangland veteran or Bob Munden! You had to drop your keys, let go of the doorhandle, reach into your holster or inner pocket (or god forbid, one of your plastic bags), pull the gun out, release the safety , chamber a round and shoot your target, hitting it without checking who it was, aiming or having a second thought at all. And you had to do all that in a shorter span of time than simply turning your head around.
For a moment I really didn't believe what I was seeing and tried to convince myself this was another person inside the house. What the fuck.
A person can not be a place, unless that person can fit another person inside itself. Obviously, English is not my primary language, but I've never heard of this expression, so I call bullshit

Bendis needs to get raped to death by niggers already.

And we get to the point where we wonder… why didn't this show up earlier? I guess so Riri could have one unassisted win? I guess that's at least a story. Also, was this mutant she fought taken down by the current Champions? The ones that spend their second issue camping?

Even niggers have standards

I'm pretty sure Animax showed up in Uncanny X-men (Marvel NOW) towards the end of the run.

Civil War 2 isn't even over yet. But here we are. Looking at issues taking place well after the dumbshit. And with an obvious fucking spoiler that Tony is gonna die. What the fuck is wrong with Marvel? They can't even tell cohesive stories anymore.

I like how the first two pages don't really set up anything since she's also shown to love life and not look down on people.

An in depth look into Marvel:

It gets worse, I'm pretty sure concealed carry is illegal in the UK, meaning that if we presume she's that twitchy all the time then next issue Doom should finish fighting Grimm to find her getting arrested for firing wildly at homeless people. Good luck getting out of prison time for that in a country where "I carry it to protect myself" isn't considered a reasonable excuse for even having a weapon, let alone opening fire on everyone who startles her. About the only way she'd get away with carrying a gun around would be if she was actually an undercover cop who it was judged was liable to need one during the course of her duties.

And that's before we get to the question of if she legally owns the weapon.

Basically Bendis thinks England is part of Texas or something and his contrived excuses make her look either really stupid or really suspicious.

How the hell did she manage to get her hands on a gun in the UK? They want you to have a license for buying utensils but suddenly CC is okay. And I also like how Doom is just casually having a conversation and drinking while shot and bleeding to death from the injury.

I'm beginning to think that Marvel's problem isn't the "diversity", but rather how bad their talent is.

There is nothing new or interesting with any this shit.

aw, I was hoping they would unironically call her Iron Maiden. Let's see if they manage to characterize her beyond "SUPAH MEGA ULTRA TOTALLY AWESOME GENIUS 64"

Please tell me you're joking.

You're BEGINNING to think that's their problem? They have Bendis writing so many books it's insane. Books where nothing fucking happens!

I think the only thing we don't know about the aftermath of Civil War 2 so far is what happens to the Caps (Marvel and America). That's it. Tony dies somehow, no one is doing future crime shit, the Inhumans are doing well enough to have an upcoming war with the X-Men, Miles is alive and well… there are very few "mysteries" about how Civil War 2 will end.

How stupid are these people? Where is the fucking editor?

don't worry, I'm laughing too
trump is going to set these racists from marvel straight, I tell ya hwat

archive.is/3ec4F

archive.is/e1oes

archive.is/YNpCf

To be fair, what the fuck is an teenager going to do with a silverware set? That alone is pretty suspicious.

eat food

That's bullshit and we know it.

Well excuse me for being out if touch, but I must've missed the "werewolf hunting" fad the kids in england are into nowdays.
What malicious act could you possibly do with a set of silverware you had to buy at the store instead of just grabbing some at home?
Shut the fuck up with your stupid suspicions.

Thinking about this, and the Sam Wilson Americop plotline (which I don't think I even saw the end to, because I think people stopped caring enough to post it) all I can think of is how stupid it is to try to suddenly bring commentary on police brutality into a world where police really are useless. I mean, logically, a cop could have shot this bitch, and the monster attack would have been over. A couple cops with guns can handle a lot of small villains like this. Hell, I miss the days when villains would run away when the police were coming (villains were also real characters, not just time wasters so the heroes have something to punch while talking).

Owning a pistol at all is illegal and subject to 5 years in prison minimum, firing the cunt at all would get you much longer. The only gun you're allowed to own in most circumstances is a shotgun, and even then you need a shotgun certificate.

So, what your saying is… Doom actually did have every reason to believe he was safe, because getting shot by some cunt in England just doesn't happen everyday?

I still don't know why this woman is a character though. She was some girlfriend of Tony's before he faked his death (which was right before he really died) and I don't see why Doom cares enough to keep seeing her. Feels like just an excuse to allow Ben to find him at all.

There's about 0.1 deaths by firearm per 100,000 people per year, i would bet that figure would go down to about 0.001 if you remove London from the equation. Cambridge in particular is a remarkably safe city, very few rough parts. Victor's expectation of 'I am not going to be shot in Cambridge' is a fair one.

If you're questioning why this woman is a character you might as well start questioning why this comic run even exists when everything in it is boring as fuck and borderline retarded.

I just ran the numbers, and according to these calculations the answer is Bendis

So, since Bendis writes a terrible Iron Man (and a terrible most other things), any people in particular you guys wish were writing these books? I'd love to see Adam Warren do them. At least then each book would have sci fi shit in it, even if the science isn't always 100% at least you know Warren loves the technical side of sci fi and imagining crazy tech. With Bendis, I forget armor is even supposed to be taken seriously half the time. All of Doom's tech is unexplained, it might as well be pure magic as I don't know what, if any, limits he has. The only thing about Riri that is technical at all is the fact that she needs an AI because her "super-fast homegrown computer system" isn't fast enough. Might as well say she's running the suit on Linux, since it's obvious Bendis doesn't know enough about sci fi to even fake basic technobabble.

People tend to harp on the political angle far more than the actual quality of the work. These comics could be politically neutral and they would still be boring as hell.

Just glancing at the blandness of Ironheart immediately made me yearn for Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle. Both are similar in premise(diversity heirs to established heroes), but Jaime was handled much, much better.

Doom combating his gigantic ego and paranoia to be a good guy would probably make for an interesting comic, but this isn't it.

Agreed. I can't imagine people who agree 100% with Bendis's politics actually reading his books and having fun. Same goes with a lot of the books Marvel puts out lately from completely untested writers.

Also agree on Reyes being a far better handled character. Even compared the other other teen heroes Marvel is pushing, Riri comes off as forced. Bendis had all that time to establish Riri before Tony died, but he wasted it all and I still have no idea why Tony would entrust everything to her so quickly, besides him having a mental breakdown.

I'd read that. How is that Lex Luthor going hero book from DC going? I only read the first issue, but it certainly felt like a much better take on this exact sort of subject. Also Luthor looks like Luthor, not some random actor an artist liked.

I bet the fat fuck doesn't even realize what Bendis has been doing.

What did he try to do to Anti-Venom?

Also, why Bendis is the wost human being in all history trying to destroy anything beautiful and interesting?

Anti-Venom had an arc going on, and Bendis totally ignored it so he could use him in a shitty New Avengers annual and make Brock act totally out of character. It was a horrible comic which I'm pretty sure everyone ended up ignoring.

Company loyalty goes a long way. Obviously he's buddies with Alonso, Quesada, and Brevoort. The CEO probably doesn't even know who he is, though.

Hard to say. Iron Man's comics have never been consistant best-sellers, before and after the movies made him a household name.

I like the look of the helmet. That's all

As just a look, I can see liking it. It's hilarious to think that Doom picked this design when he becomes a "good guy". The canon reason Tony changed his original armor from steel to gold in color was because at a glance people considered him SCARY AS FUCK. You take a freaky steel gray metal body and add a cloak to that shit, you'll scare every bitch in Cambridge into packing heat. So it would be logical for him to change his design if he kept this hero thing up for more than a few issues.

…He's The Thing. Not the Hulk. What the fuck?

He just got done eating and pooping out that Latverian Embassy. Maybe he's still suffering from some form of space dementia.

It gets worse. War Machine's niece was introduced years ago and was supposed to be working with Stark off panel.

Stark throwing her the keys while he goes on vacation to try to escape the horrible shit Marvel has put him through without using relapsing into addiction could have been fun (and has a major plus of Stark plausibly coming back as soon as sales don't work too well).

The thing about Bendis is he hates when people point out that he didn't read or just forgot something (like Rhodey having a niece that could do everything Riri does in the story but feel a million times less forced). So I expect Rhodey's niece to be mentioned in someway and some excuse for why she couldn't be the new Iron Man to be brought up. I'm fairly certain Bendis has done things like that just to say "I KNEW ABOUT THAT, SHUT UP!" even when doing so makes his stories make less and less sense.

Meanwhile, previews are in for a minority character who isn't boring as fuck.

Nice.

The round should already be chambered and the only reason to have the safety on (if there even is one) is if your pistol is single-action only.

Why would you need the safety on if a round wasn't chambered?

Crap, I won't be able to get to the local store for a while, but I'll pick that all up when I do. Issue 1 was damn good.

Ironigal the chararacter do not Steel

That is fucking awesome user.

She looks very good in that outfit. How does the metal hair move with that helmet?

You basically already covered everything wrong with this.

They dissed the Iron Maiden name within the comic. So I guess Riri is a no-taste piece of shit that only likes Beyonce and Rihana or something like that. Anybody with a modicum of appreciation for Rock/Metal would jump at the chance to be named Iron Maiden, and it would tie in nicely to Tony's love of AC/DC in the films.

Super Lex is neat, because he seems very genuine, but there's a lot of suspicious intrigue going on. This week, some guys who think that Lex is going to replace Darkseid are on a fanatical mission to kill him. Also, Lex's super suit is contained in his watch, so he's basically a sentai hero now.

Holy shit, this suit is just traced from Gundam Wing mobile suits. The arms are from a Gunpla model before attaching unique parts and the legs/feet are the traditional Gundam design. Someone please get this art to the proper American representatives of the Gundam license.

Report that shit the company that makes Gundam stuff. Maybe this will fuck over Bendis with a legal battle.

Does the older black man look like Neil Degrasse Tyson?

Looks more like Carl Winslow

Nope.

Now I see the resemblance.

For safety.
Same reason you don't point your gun at anybody even if you know you didn't chamber a round.

Comic Tech!

This actually seems pretty cool

How can a writer have such a blatant disregard for history and overall makeup of the character they are writing.

He devoted his life to his nation to make sure they would not come under harm.

Fuck boy. Ultimate Spider-Man basically legitimised Quesada

The CEO knows who he is. Whether or not Perlmutter cares about him one way or another is a different matter, however.

Which he did by making his nation a police state patrolled by killer robots.

But why would that-

Oh. Bendis is Jewish. Actually, that explains a lot.

Can you imagine how good a superhero he'd be if he just patrolled with an army of killer robots? Fuck the Avengers, Doom has this shit handled!

Ah, but Doom remade an Ultron once and it DIDN'T go on a genocidal killing spree It did almost immediately fall in love with a robot girl and pull its own head off, allowing Daredevil to beat at its inner circuitry… but no genocide!

And yes, I know I could have referenced the time in the original Secret Wars when Doom made Ultron completely loyal to him

As stated before, many handguns don't have a manual safety and many that do won't activate unless the hammer is cocked.

bullshit
provide proof
the hammer is cocked when you chamber a round

Pistols[edit]
Almost all modern semi-automatic handguns, except some exact replicas of antique models, have some form of safety mechanism including a "drop safety" that requires a trigger pull to discharge a cartridge. Single-action designs such as the Colt 1911 virtually always incorporate a manual safety, while traditional double-action pistols incorporate a decocker, manual safety, or both. However, the exact configuration depends on handgun type, year, make, and model. Double-action only (DAO) pistols, which usually use designs similar to traditional double-action but without the ability to remain cocked, do not usually have external safeties.

It would be efficient, but the entire point of making him hero would be the conflict between his desire to be good versus his extreme paranoia. Building an army of killer robots to impose your iron will is decidedly "Not Good".

There's also the off chance that Doom would make the robots TOO efficient, thus making them uncontrollable (a mistake he's made before).

Um, virtually all modern pistol designs have forgone an external safety. Glocks, M&Ps, LCPs, P320s, XDs, PPSs; none of them have a manual safety. External safeties would only get in the way in a real self-defense scenario, which you'd know if you actually CC'd.

Yes, that's my point. You couldn't have no round chambered and the safety on at the same time.

Not all safety mechanisms are manual.

Funny thing is, BanDai is very protective of their stuff, and may actually go forward with something like that.

That's why we should report it! Can't let Bendis or Marvel in general get away with blatant theft.

yeah, whoever wrote that wiki has never touched a firearm.
glocks have a 'safety feature' in that the striker will not set off a round if the weapon is dropped, whereas a hammer could (maybe) go off from impacting the ground. No external safety, as you said and as the pic clearly shows.

Where have you been? The UK wants to ban anything more dangerous than string.

Kirby MUST BE revolving in his grave and and Byrne must be wondering why he didnt bomb Mervel before leaving

This is garbage. They changed the iconic appearence of Dr Doom for a bland, generic Iron Man armor and worse, a suit. It is not even green!

I once saw an issue of Eagle, I think it was, some British 2000ad rip off boys own adventure piece of shit, they had a killer robot that was expressly Cy-Kill from Challenge Of The Go-Bots. Not named or anything, in the story it was just some generic robot. But it was totally Cy-Kill, the poor man's Megatron. It was even on the cover. I don't know how assholes get away with this. I know that mecha and mecha design is more of a thing in Japan, but Cy-Kill is a character, you'd think someone would have said something at the editing level.