Why this is not a thing?

OLET

OLET stands for Organic Light-Emitting Transistor.

Well, my friend, OLET would remove the need of both Diods and an Active-Matrix, as it would their jobs, better and faster - actually, refreshing speed would be instantaneous. It also uses less energy and is better than anything OLED have managed so far to evolve.

No to everything, and it is even cheaper than OLED.

That's what I want to know.

Useful links:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCR-1ELTjaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're not an engineer. You don't understand the engineering applications of this technology.

And you do? Instead of being a condescending faggot why don't you tell OP what you think the engineering applications of the technology are.

Why do you ascertain that like you know anything about me?
I'm actually a Civil Engineer with technical courses in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHS

Yeah, and my name is guy9000 and I am the BO of Holla Forums

In other words: pic related.

You said that I wasn't an engineer. Well, I am.
And your laugh is proof of your lack or arguments.
You know, I don't like the educational system either, but there's a thing called "job" that requires you to have another thing called "certificate" and the more you have the more money you earn.
So yeah, continue with your immaturity.

Now, if you're not going to contribute, you're free to ignore this thread and leave, actually.

egyptian ?

Portuguese.

What does it feel like to be utterly ass devastated?

Get out newfag

Why don't these sliding fucking CIA niggers want us to know about OLETs?

interesting. i want to know more. i want to believe.

More info:

So, digging more, it seems that the company nVerpix is actually pioneering fabrication of OLET.
I'll watch this company closely. The technology (OLET) is rock-solid, much better than OLED (which is being sold) and in the future I can see the company being bought by another or having its stock skyrocketing.

Vid related is their prototype. The date of the convention showed in the video was May 2016, so it seems it really is, little by little, becoming a thing (answering my OP question). I think it's only a matter of money right now.

So, this thread was in some way educative, and a preventive advice to anyone thinking on buying high-end expensive TVs/Monitors - they are justified right now, as they'll become hard-obsolete soon. If you really are in need of one of them, seek cheap/standard stuff.

I made a lot of grammar mistakes, but this one really needs to be fixed. Correction:
they are NOT justified right now

You are OP samefagging and its pretty obvious otherwise it would be a thing.

And what are you? A Pizza Pocket Engineer? Oh wait that's your mom because your probably too lazy to get off your fat ass and do something with your life. Faggot.

The answer is simple: Money. You think they're going to give you tech now that would be cheaper than something else? Hell no.

So in the power savings department how much are we looking at? Let's say I just want a stock 720p Monitor. Could you run that off say something like a USB port without an additional power source?

I'd be happy with 1024x768 if it came to it.

But if it's cheaper to make, doesn't that mean they would be able to make a greater profit margin and/or sell it to more people?

Because everything 'eco/organic/less energy/green' is pure shit.

Hmm, good point. They could probably sell it a the same price as every other because most people don't know the value of a OLET.

This sounds as bullshit as
and something about muh thorium reactors.

Chemistry is for fags get

It has nothing to do with being Organic, but with it using 1/3 of OLEDs components.

It is an already proven technology. If OLED works and there are even TVs of it, then it is the same for OLET.

I'm OP, I was not the guy you're quoting.

First screens are being made right now for prototype purposes. It will be at least 2 to 4 times cheaper to make than OLED, so, if the end-user price remains expensive, at least the rate of adoption of companies and factories will increase substantially, contrary to the hassle OLED has been.
Now, how did I came with this "2 to 4" number: it will only use transistors, instead of OLED's transitor+oled+tft matrix, and it will also be easier to make (the TFT [Active Matrix] is so hard to done that only small screens of phones use AMOLED, and today's TVs are still stuck with only OLED, which has many problems with response speed).

In what country, Zimbabwe? You can't even spell fucking "diode" correctly when the computer highlights the fucking error for you.

No thank you

I'm from Portugal. The vast majority of imageboard users are not from the Anglosphere.

This bait reminds me of a question I've had since I first heard of OLEDs back in 1998, when they were called LEPs, and were supposedly going to make ultra-cheap flexible displays that could be manufactured using inkjet printers on substrates ranging from glass down to paper.

Why not just use conventional silicon LEDs? They're cheap, durable, powerful, efficient, are commonly available in sizes well below the minimum dot pitches of any direct view display on the market, and could be fabricated using the same single-wafer technique as TFTs.

The only attempts at this I'm aware of are ludicrous prototypes hand assembled from discrete LEDs, like Sony's Crystal LED.

I don't mind you being Portuguese but I don't believe that is true. North America/Canada, Europe, and Australia/New Zealand seem to be the biggest audience of English chans if boards with flags are any indicators

OP is Mostly Gay, but I learned a little thanks to Braniacs. Hey, at one point the dimmer switch on your wall was 20 lbs and some of them used Thyratrons full of Mercury. Don't complain user, You are living in Good Times! youtube.com/watch?v=ZCR-1ELTjaw

When you mention Europe I hear you say that Portugal is not in Europe and that European countries has english as native language.

I'm guessing that you are from.. let me see.. USA?

Tell us about lusophone boards, and how you get along with the huehues.

..so you are american too? You're probably fat.

I'm not even him

Electronic

It is a thing, what it doesn't seem to be is a mature enough technology that it can be marketed and put into mass production.

olet this

nverpix is controlled by nanoholdings llc. Not publicly traded.

OP, your thread topic is okay, but your delivery was shit. You don't explain shit about how they work, you don't give any useful information, you just said LEDs are so great and they'll change everything. Well, great, if they're so amazing I'm sure they will hit the market soon.

What are you selling them to us for? We don't manufacture computer laptops, we don't decide purchasing at any major companies, we're not the arbitrators of the market. I don't see what cool hobby projects us autists can do in their own time using these. If there's some laptop on the market with an OLET screen that we're missing out on, let's see it. Even your images are shit, one is a bunch of proof of concept circuitry and the other is a fucking generic overpriced college textbook cover. Who gives a shit?

You're contributing nothing except hype. You just want us to join you in this pointless ritual of worshipping some nebulous technology that's not even readily available. What's the point? Try reddit for that cyber slacktivism bullshit, you'll have better success.

Fucking hell we need to ban poortugalniggers like yourself