p.teknik.io/7DIcU
la5wflgtm6lfza35.onion/rib-mini
7f6e4l2ztppfvxom.onion/burro-mean
xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0198.html
github.com/ReneVolution/profanity-omemo-plugin
github.com/dino/dino
cryptoparty.in/connect/contact/jabber
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Even if it's not distributed, I like Jabber. That said, every Jabber server has such different sets of XEPs and plugins that every server might as well be it's own central IM service, and not one node in a federation of severs.

cock.li domains

xmpp.is/
evil.im/
crimin.al/
xmpp.cypher.pw/
creep.im/

gultsch.de/compliance_ranked.html
github.com/qbi/xmpp-onion-map/blob/master/onions-map.lua
wiki.xmpp.org/web/Securing_XMPP

Nice list.

I have to mention that xmpp.is doesn't support in band registration though so that may be a deal breaker for some clients.

The fuck?

Well it supports it they just have it disabled for some reason.

What client does not let you enter accounts manually?

I'm saying that if you wanted to register through tor or something it may not let you. It's also sort of an inconvenience.

"The usual in-band registration via the various XMPP clients is going to be disabled in the next few days because there is no viable solution to stop spammers from registering through it."

I really wish xmpp.is had more XEPs.

jabber.hot-chilli.net/
xmpp.net/index.php

xmpp.net/result.php?domain=xmpp.is&type=server
xmpp.net/result.php?domain=evil.im&type=client
xmpp.net/result.php?domain=crimin.al&type=server
xmpp.net/result.php?domain=creep.im&type=server

Do any of these servers support OMEMO?

xmpp.net/result.php?domain=dukgo.com&type=server

dukgo also gets a pretty good score. It's running the prosody nightlies so it should be pretty up to date on the newest features.

I know some people don't really like duck but i think they are ok myself.

you wot m8

Yes.

Unfortunately, the only one with a large majority of XEPs is creep.im

signal requires a phone number to even register to use it. Whoever made that infogram is either a shill or an idiot or both.

No way signal is better than conversations with the right xmpp server.

I see, according to the place where I took the image, it is from the EFF.

I use both.
Normies don't understand servers or federation. Signal is much better, but of course subject to the pitfalls of centralization.

Why did you cite me here?

gultsch.de/xmpp_2016.html

Why are all XMPP desktop clients absolute trash?

Gajim seems fine. I'm hoping they get encrypted OMEMO for Profanity.

omemo.top/

That's a great resource.

conversations.im/gsoc.html

Don't use or shill on behalf of gajim, it's made by an attention whoring fucking faggot.
The first thing I ever heard of it was when it came flooding my web server logs with referral spam, shortly before plastering slashdot and the like with its first release announcement. It didn't get where it did on its own merits, that's for sure.

WOMM.

jabber.calyxinstitute.org
They won't even let you use it without OTR encryption.

Since no one's mentioned it, CoyIM is a newish (and not yet audited) desktop client.

coy.im/
github.com/twstrike/coyim

Unfortunately it lacks OMEMO..
>github.com/twstrike/coyim/issues/233

It uses tor by default, to disable..

Sounds strangely similar to "Goyim"

Yeah, imo It's better than Signal/Telegram and other meme names at least

Any xmpp with an active community for chatting shit. I would rather use that than discord or IRC

Do you think it's so bad?

I'm the admin of xmpp.is/ saw this as a referrer in my anonymized webstats for the site. I'm looking into implementing more XEPs to make people happy :). Registration is also pretty easy, it's just done through the site now instead of the client. I don't see it as that much of an inconvenience and it's better than having spammers abuse the service. You can still register through Tor (with your client) IF you use our hidden service y2qmqomqpszzryei.onion otherwise you have to register through the site for @xmpp.is accounts.

Here is also verification I'm the admin: twitter.com/xmpp_is/status/840020240654295040

If anyone has any questions I'll be monitoring this thread from time-to-time.

It would be very nice. The only reason I don't have an main account on your server is the lack of XEPs. Because I have seen the security policy and I found it very decent. Is Iceland good to maintain services like this?

One of those is incorrect I recently implemented XEP-0191 but the page hasn't been updated since then. It's probably going to take some time to implement some of these other ones but I'll try my best. I ALWAYS test modules before I load them on my test server.

I pretty much designed XMPP.is around the concept of a secure XMPP server so I'm glad to hear you like it. I'm always on-top of things when it comes to security and I believe it's the most secure XMPP server out there.

Iceland is great for freedom of speech & privacy stuff, you should read up on it sometime. Although the domain is .is the server is actually hosted in Germany. I do take daily encrypted backups of everything though synced to a remote location. So if things went bad in Germany I could always set it up quickly somewhere else.

See, faggots? This is why some people here are autistic about breaking links. I'm not saying it makes sense in this thread (it doesn't), but you sometimes honestly don't want linked targets to find out who is trolling visiting them.

Huh?

You've just unknowingly stumbled upon "the asshole of the internet V2.0".

To give you a run down, this site hosts a board called Holla Forums. This board dislikes Israel and the Jewish religion primarily because of their subversive activities (exploitative banking practices and repetitive corruption of foreign governments through infiltration). They also dislike blacks and there is a "white supremacist" narrative going on there. Mind you, not everyone there legitimately shares this hatred of blacks (and is not white supremacist to that extreme), but will participate in the rhetoric to placate the D&C - divide and conquer - shills that are aiming to contain (through isolation) the other political activities of that board and make their other legitimate movements less appealing to those who might stumble upon it.

This board, Holla Forums, is not as hardcore as Holla Forums. Here, most hatred is directed at those using Identity Politics to subvert the FOSS community and at CIAniggers who are introducing and hoarding exploits which are used to compromise an individual's privacy.

Link breaking refers to the practice encouraged here to make a link unclickable so that web admins can not tell that they are being referred from this site. This not only makes statistical analysis harder on their end, but makes it so that if an operation is in play (like saving the World from the wicked cunt known as Hillary Clinton), the site admin will not be aware of it.

Anyway, welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay and please let me know if you need anything.

are there people on this?
how do I join this using bitlbee?

Ignore this it's DOA, the dev doesn't even care about basic features.

But can we do video yet?

I tried using moonedit 15 years ago and it was an absolute shitshow trying to coordinate even with two users talking over each other. Nobody wants this "feature", trust me.

No. The group chat was closed. If you want to use this you can do it with the option of plain XMPP of Bitlbee.
There is a new group on the creep.im server

Ebin thread. If anyone cares we're trying to get a MUC going with people from both /g/ on 4chan and /g/ here, hopefully making it a more common alternative for jewcord that way. Info: p.teknik.io/7DIcU

is it worth joining?

fuck off I'm not installing even more shit

I am testing an Onion share site.
Check it out pls

la5wflgtm6lfza35.onion/rib-mini

Its just a pircture of a man I downloaded off of google images.

Never mind. New site.
7f6e4l2ztppfvxom.onion/burro-mean
this one just has a document.

Bitlbee doesn't have support for encryption, but I suppose you could join a public group.

Coversations has some annoying issues on connectivity.

It could just be during idle, but unlike Xabber which just disconnects and then grab offline-messages when reconnecting, Conversations seems to fake an online state and cause Session errors and lost messages when you send to it.

So because it seems online, but I can't send messages to it, it is impossible to send messages while it is in that state.

Most of these Android clients have problems staying online when the device goes into idle mode.

Google tries to get everyone to use their stupid cloud service for connections during idle, but who is going to trust that shit? They should have implemented it on the device instead and allow apps to request permission for an idle-persistent connection.

xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0198.html

How can I find some more active/good xmpp mucs?

So you're saying that, that is the thing that doesn't work on Conversations/Andoid phones?

If you are using Android 6+, then blame Doze. You have to use Google's proprietary push service if you want to application to be online all the time or you can disable the "battery optimizations" for that program.

Conversations supports that, and also the server where I have my account. I receive notifications correctly in my case.

This.

gultsch.de/xmpp_2016.html

Thanks for the input.

I'm not the one using the Android device, so I don't know for sure, but I guess it's a fairly recent Android. I'll try and suggest allowing the app to be a battery douche, see how many complaints that'll get me.

Does these extensions also work with the new Android idle crap, without using Google's cloud service? If it does, it could be the server that has problems.

To me I don't care if the client seems online or offline as long as I can send messages to it, but the Android user, want notification of new messages while the phone is idle.

Good clients to use if you care about privacy?

OMEMO + Server with hidden service

Gajim or Conversations.

Should I use encryption in this conversation?
If so, what sort of encryption?

profanity has an OMEMO plugin now but i'm waiting for it to mature: github.com/ReneVolution/profanity-omemo-plugin
p exciting tbh especially since there's finally a CLI xmpp client with OMEMO support

Eh?

OMEMO*
He asked me that to join the MUC.

$ man hier
Why is bitlbee in /sbin?

Holla Forums pls

all you need is a 1 american dollar/month vps and one hour of time to set it up

no need for 5 different daemons either like with email, just one

I didn't see the /usr/local/ part but still:
Why is bitlbee there?

Dino is very new, but looks like it will be good.
github.com/dino/dino

Can't I just host it on a pi

of course

I just recommended a vps because it's probably more stable than a home connection if you have dynamic IP.

What's the best XMPP Open Source Server? Jabberd2 and ejabber?

Prosody, very lightweight and easy to setup and configure. It also has modules for no logs and tor hidden services.

Has anyone managed to solve
xmpp.cypher.pw/ and crimin.al/ puzzles?

DuckDuckGo's XMPP server is now shutting down due to rampant abuse

On May 9th, 2017 we will be shutting down our dukgo.com XMPP service. Thanks for your continued support over the previous years.

We apologize for the historical service uptime and lack of full-featured support. Given our strict privacy policy, we didn't want to introduce any features that might compromise anonymity, but as a result, we received continual abuse that led to our uptime issues, and ultimately the decision to retire the service.

For alternative XMPP servers check out cryptoparty.in/connect/contact/jabber and gultsch.de/compliance_ranked.html

The DuckDuckGo Team

I tried for one week to use xmpp / omemo with my girlfriend but she couldn't get push notifications which is absolutely critical for just about everybody. I love open source and XMPP has a lot going for it, but that stops 99.9% of normies right there.

I've been using Riot/Matrix and it's pretty freakin awesome.

It's googles fault, not XMPP. If you have a good solution please say so. The only option now is turn of power saving for the app or for the app and server to use the google spy server. Every app that support notifications are compromised.