THE PREZ

I almost forgot to story-time one of the most presidential comics ever published - PREZ :THE FIRST TEEN PRESIDENT

It's fitting because both Prez and this past election were insane.

Let me tell you, if there was one writer that defined the early seventies, it was Captain America's co-creator Joe Simon. The man was unhinged.

SUBSCRIPTION TO SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN?! SIGN ME THE FUCK UP!

Case in point, Boss Smiley, a corrupt party boss who's a smiley face.

I like that photo comic ad there. Photo comics were apparently big in the seventies.

Now you too can get a career in FCC licensing thanks to International Correspondence Schools.

This is the same guy that did Brother Power, right?

Yes. Joe Simon also created the Green Team.

The reason as to why he created such bizarre properties for DC is a secret Joe took to his grave.

Reminder, Prez's stories (and cameos) were put in trade months ago.

Someone storytime the Prez story in Sandman.

i do like the concept behind the Green team

"We have money, so fuck you"

Yes.

PREZ #2. Chessman and conflict in Hong Kong.

The Prez's vice president is his mother. Isn't there laws against that sort of thing?

Also, insane Russian shenanigans.

Robbie Fishhead is clearly supposed to be Bobby Fischer. You know, the chess champion that accused the soviets of conspiring against him in the 60's, which they totally did.

TERRORISM. CHESS RELATED TERRORISM.

That coin stuff had to have been a scam.

The Prez's FBI director lives in a tee-pee on the Constitution Gardens.

LEARN LOCK-SMITHING FOR FUN AND PROFIT.

Heh Heh, "Loads".

PREZ #3

The Prez deals with the tricky issue of GUN CONTROL.

THE PREZ HAS BEEN SHOT!

And George Washington's descendant is a douche.

I have to say, Joe Simon is better at the political stuff than the writers we have now. They just spew boring propaganda, while Simon has The Prez deal with gun control by fighting an army of literal continental minutemen.

SKELETON PIRATES! BUY THEM NOW!

Thats kind of funny. Though wouldn't guerilla warfare tactics work better? I mean this takes place in the 70's so wouldn't that be still fresh on their minds? That and wasn't gun-control originally used to prevent blacks from getting guns to defend themselves? I know when Reagan was governor of California he did that to the Black Panthers.

More Prez.

Prez #4 - vampires and schooling Mao Zedong at ping pong.

The representative of the government of Transylvania is a werewolf and I fucking love it.

Oh, and in that representative's briefcase is a legless Dracula.

Letters seem positive, but this was the last issue published in the series.

However, there was one last Prez comic published. The 5th issue of Prez, which appeared in Cancelled Comics Cavalcade, along with the other victims of the DC implosion.

I like Jerry Grandenetti's art in the Prez. It's what you would expect from someone that worked on The Spirit.

And that's all Joe Simon wrote about The Prez. As with most of his creations in the seventies, he would take his inspiration, his intentions, and his motives for the series to the grave.

I'll never get over shit like this.