Fox reboot X-men again

Fox considering rebooting the X-men for the third time
If it wasn't for Deadpool. Would X-men went back to marvel by now?

NO don't reboot it. Just let it die and focus on other stuff from that universe such as Deadpool, StarJammers, Shi'ar or whatever. I don't know if giving the rights back to Marvel would make this series better at this point.

Then again, the first 5 movies where all about Wolverine, the later 3 is more on Xavier (I think)…if they reboot, who's next?

Full reboot, not soft reboot?

When was rebooted before?
For me it has been the same universe from 2001 until now.
Timelines were very easy to follow

Could it be?
Its The Know.
Why my autism gets me excited for little things?

I think Wolverine is going to Marvel after Logan.

Rehashing Xavier and the original team after all the potential that First Class brought to the table was bound to tie their hands eventually.

Not at all, because Feige and co certainly wouldn't be in a rush to integrate them in the MCU for a variety of reasons. I believe that Feige even said that, were that to happen, future X-films would still be co-produced/filmed by Marvel Studios and released/distributed/paid for by Fox (a la Spidey:Homecoming)

Yet they won't make another Hulk standalone for Universal

Disney won't. Marvel Studios' deal with Universal for the film distribution rights of future Hulk films in exchange for the film production rights preceded the buyout and is apparently perpetual and more open-ended than their deal with Paramount.

Disney doesn't want anybody else distributing their films, for obvious reasons (money). Universal doesn't intend to sell them anytime soon. So yeah, no sequel to Incredible Hulk in the near future.

Hilarious that the X-Men movies managed to become as convoluted as the comics.

They should just make whatever the fuck they want and not bother to explain the discrepancies between movies.

Is it wrong I want to see the space stuff the Xmen do like team up with the Star jammers and meet the Shi'ar?

Just what about mutants does Fox own the film rights for anyways?

Do they own obscure shit like Golden Girl?

If it's a mutant, they have the rights to it. I believe they even have rights to mutants created after the deal like Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

Does that mean Fox owns Namor?

Yes. Whether he counts as a mutant is irrelevant because Fox also has the FF rights, which count him.

I would rather see them fight The Brood. Yeah, people would be see it as an Alien rip-off. But at that point the current and upcoming Alien movies are rip-offs themselves.
Besides that, I want to see Psylocke and Wolverine tear a Brood hive completely apart.

Universal has the film rights to Namor, actually

I call it bullshit. X-men is the only series of movies that didn't went to the shitter that Fox owns, even if it is entirely about wolverine.

Still, if they get back the rights of mutants it would be fun how to undo all the inhuman shit going on.

How could you even market a character like Namor? He's the biggest asshole character in Marvel.

True. Namor not just being an antagonist for the whole marvel universe makes no sense. At least Doom have some redeemable features.

Like Doom is a man with a hard life that's given him a cold outlook on the world. Namor is just a prick. It can only work as a subversion sort of thing where the protagonist is the most unlikable douche ever but he's not straight up evil. Just a prick. But that's too clever for people at Marvel to do.

Appeal to comic hipsters/historians/company wars assholes by branding him as the original merman. Aside from that, who says they have to adapt his comic wholesale at all?

You mean kind of like what they tried to do in Hancock?

I mean why reboot a series where they ignore whatever they want and recast whenever they feel like it

Yeah except don't make them redeemable in any way beyond beating the villain. Even then make them do it for a selfish reason.

Can someone explain when Namor became a mutant? I thought he was just half human half Atlantean. When did they mutant stuff come in?

Retcons, probably.

First Class was a soft reboot, Days of Future Past was a hard reboot.
What? The timeline was an incoherent clusterfuck.

Would the air really put him out?