Does anyone have any more of these? Found this on a thread and think they are fantastic

Does anyone have any more of these? Found this on a thread and think they are fantastic.
trump

Other urls found in this thread:

eyeofmidas.com/scifi/Turtledove_RoadNotTaken.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sorry about the ant picture

Shameless self bump

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Bump

contribootin

does anyone have the story about the aliens that had spaceflight, but never advanced weapons technology beyond muskets?

nevermind, it's "the road not taken" by harry turtledove

eyeofmidas.com/scifi/Turtledove_RoadNotTaken.pdf

Dubs demand this man be satisfied

i could dump everything at once, but i'd prefer to spread it out

Dont blow your load too soon user

Here, kamaraden.

I was gonna post that next, here's a different one

Keep it comin anons. Been too long since we had an uplift thread on Holla Forums

This maybe?

thanks, but I already found it here

yes, YES
a bit long but was a good story

What's the story behind this one?

I think it is a reference to 2001:space oddessy

Alright, cool!

*And is HFY for Europeans and Euro-descended peoples and honorable allies or is it a mishmash of "diversity"?

Bump

Mostly Europeans. In few instances is the race different than white but when it is its mostly Sgt Johnson types or lando calrisyan.

Goddamn I love you guys, I love my race, and I love humanity. Thanks Anons.

no homo user

i still have more

keep them coming user, this is great

last one for the night

NITS MAKE LICE

Hands down my fav story. Sort of a "we will always be better"

good for racewar

NITS MAKE LICE

here's the ones where they flee earth

NITS MAKE LICE

I've combined this with the return arc into one image for posterity.

found some more
i think there's got to be at least a couple more out there

I wish that dialogue was actually in the movie.

Its a bit small to read lad. Good intentions…

Bit of a weird one, but anyone got a sauce of that fourth cap's picture?

The genre is called humanity fuck yeah or HFY, if you search it there's a massive collection of 30+ albums of screencaps on imgur. Used to be /tg/'s bread and butter.

Continue?

Yes,

It works for me if I open it in another tab. Just clicking on it doesn't enlarge it to full size.
There's prob too much to put in 1 image tbh. I'll work on when you get it done.

How is autistic /tg/ shit Holla Forums-worthy?

Cont.

Cont.

Im gonna take a break

POST MORE STORIES YOU FAGGOTS

ill have the continuation of this one after a few hours

kk, my turn to post

this is my fave

i'm all out of space stories.

Cont.

this is brilliant.
it could be inserted into the space nazi timeline as being before the colony ship launch: it starts off as a resistance movement, creates it's own seperatist faction that's at war with the establishment and builds the ships to escape earth just before being overwhelmed.

it's a great fucking story.

Cont.

Anyone lurking or should i quick now?

i meant Quit

Keep 'em coming, don't you quit on me

Anons, I ask you this: In almost all displays of alien conflict with humans in cinema, what is the biggest unifying factor? From the creatures in Independence Day to the Predator to the creature from the movie Alien, they are almost always stronger and faster and harder to kill than we are.

You see, the greatest weakness of humanity is that we as a species have a massive inferiority complex. We are descended from prey animals, who rocketed to the top of the food chain not through millions of years of evolution, but by figuring out how to sharpen rocks and mount them on the ends of sticks. To my knowledge, such a quick leap has never been achieved in all of our planet's history, at least not without a mass extinction. Nature doesn't know what to do with us, our genetics don't have a program to cope, so we are trapped in the mentality of a creature that needs to live in fear of being eaten despite the fact that we have killed our natural enemies until they no longer pose a threat to us.

Now let me ask you this: In the accounts of those who claim to have seen aliens on earth, what do their descriptions almost all have in common? The creatures are small, frail in appearance, with no real musculature and even less by way of claws and teeth than we have. This, I believe,, is the most convincing evidence that at least some of these accounts are true. After all, if we left things purely to our imagination, would we not imagine ourself as smaller and weaker than other races? Cinema reflects this, but actual reports do not.

To be sure, there are other frightening aspects. A lot of accounts mention that guns have no effect on these creatures, but I see no reason to believe this is an inborn ability. If you were an explorer on a hostile planet with massive creatures who were armed with weapons, would you not armor yourself appropriately beforehand? These are beings that come to a hostile planet as part of their job, but most likely the majority of their race don't have access to this tech. If a grey civilian living in a grey civilization were walking down a grey street and came across a human then that human would pick it up by its elongated neck and slam its overinflated head on the ground until it was smashed like a watermelon. Such a creature in a state of nature would be less adequate in a fight against a human than a human would be in a fight against a grizzly bear.

Their shielding may be good, their ships may be fast and large, but at the end of the day the only thing that allows them any advantage over us is their technology.Tech can be stolen. A powerful body cannot.

Humans are massive creatures, able to sustain more damage than almost any being of comparable size, able to lift weights that are heavier than their own bodies, and able to walk so far that their prey runs to exhaustion trying to escape. We are scariest living beings in the galaxy. Once contact is made, once we realize just how strong we are then that massive inferiority complex, the one thing holding us back, will vanish.

It is said that God made us in his image. Maybe that's true and maybe it isn't, but this I know for sure: When humanity reaches its full potential, other races will make their gods in OUR image.

You sir, have given me an erection and i have ask that somebody screencap you because i am retarded

Gimmie a sec here im havin comp issues. I WILL FINISH MY STORY

here you go

fuck off to reddit

I've been meaning to fill up my humanity fuck yeah folder for the longest time. Thanks a ton OP.

Haha loving these, needed to save them after losing a bunch of them during new PC build and reinstall.

You mean shit like this?

inb4 >>>/x/

fuck off to wherever you came from, if you weren't a newfag you'd remember having these threads before.

bumping for the glory of the human race

This is my dream and I'm American.

Oh holy moly. If that's true he created a near sentient ai. And then he fucked it up and killed one. Way to go

Where's the rest of that story?

This one really got me fucking pissed. Oh, what I as an assburger elliot rodger breed would give to fry the hordes of angry nogs.

Sorry for the comp issues
Im back to finish my story if anyone wants to see the end of it

Also i would love to read some of your stories gents

Sure we want to. Please do continue.

I have two stories in my head, but one is basicly the kirk story >>7215646 with an alien loli thrown in so meh.

user regardless of whether or not we are there to read it or not your story must be finished. There is no greater crime than posting half of your story and leave it as that. You're a pretty good writer user

Moar. Also I will now sleep.
Might write up that one other story tomorrow

Just gonna drop one of these here in case anyone else wanted to go through this thread and maybe post some of their own??

I wonder if there was a sequel to turtledove's road not taken.

I would laugh at the description of space aztecs after the conversation the human characters had.

Space aztecs?

Post story?

It's from

Where the humans in the end had a talk that went

Let me try my hand at this. Better bump the thread before it goes stale.

A lecture room of Corti and Humans

Warning: The below passages contain many loan words from the (Superior Subspecies) Terran Common Language and may not initially make grammatically sense in Gu'ikvi.

Excerpts taken from the memoirs of Scoutmaster Poke't and Chief Technomancer Manj'luk in the form of their unedited journal entries both written and recorded 70 Terran cycles before the ascension of the Terran Federation into

Well fuck me for pressing around in a window and hitting the reply button.

Fuck you

A lecture room of Corti and Humans wearing military dress uniforms sat facing a podium. An elderly Corti (identified by his near white skin rather than gray) is giving a long talk on the formation of the military alliance between the Corti Empire and the Terran Federation. As the talk progresses towards the climax, the Corti stepped aside for the room to instead focus on the screen hung on the wall. A holographic projection plays, speaking initially in the Human's common language.

You better not have the (((UN))) defend them

Journal set on recording. Galactic date A6012.318. Scoutmaster Poke't

Journal set on recording. Galactic date A6014.289. Scoutmaster Poke't
The recording starts in a very serious tone
The voice then relaxes into its previously casual tone.

Journal set on recording. Galactic date A6015.006. Scoutmaster Poke't

Journal set on recording. Galactic date A6015.007. Scoutmaster Poke't

Journal set on recording. Galactic date A6015.015. Scoutmaster Poke't
[A loud slapping noise is heard]

Journal set on recording. Galactic date A6015.829. Scoutmaster Poke't

Recovered Written Journal of Chief Technomancer Manj'luk. Galactic date A6015.830.

I'm headed to bed now, so hopefully I'll complete the (I promise it's not that long) story in 22 hours time.

Do no worry.
I am here.

The came from Schmearth

It's pretty good, but it reads more like a human trying to write like an alien rather than an alien just writing. You know what I mean? But otherwise I'm looking forward to see where this goes

These types of posts should have a name for them just like HFY to describe most posts on here. A name to unite us against in the future against the degenerates. An example:

RECLAIMER

Sorry not this one. This is HFY.

WE NEED A TRUMP GENERAL THREAD!

No.

It's humans with social implants as the audience so it basically sounds like an human showing up going "How do you do fellow aliens".

The structure of "alien" speech as we put it is often rigid as we often assume aliens to be not the same as us socially.

Yes goy, stay in the basement LARPing your edgy power fantasies while your women are raped and your race goes exctinct.

Nice escapism you autistic beta faggots

Recovered Written Journal of Scoutmaster Poke't. Galactic date A6015.830.

Recovered Written Journal of Scoutmaster Poke't. Galactic date A6015.832.

Recovered Written Journal of Scoutmaster Poke't. Galactic date A6015.835.

Nice fantasy you have there fucking cuck sage

Holy shit, just the other day I was wondering if, in actual fact, the "and so, humans were the real villains all along" trope was more overused in science fiction than "zap the bug eyed monsters" ever was. Then I see this.

THE FIRE RISES
ZAP KIKE CULTURAL MARXISM

Hilarious story; keep it going.

My sides… my sides have been shoahed!

MOAR!

I'm selling my car at the moment, so I don't have the time to sit down and type. But rest assured, I have the rest of the story down on board.

The lecture hall burst into roaring laughter of both human and Corti as the projector feed shows the statue of the deified Manj'luk in the middle of a late stone age settlement. The pale, white skinned Corti pauses the feed and resumes his place at the podium.

At first only a few hands rose across the room, but within seconds, half the room had their hands raised. The elderly Corti smiles. No matter what age goes by, the sharpness of human intelligence is ever present. He casually held up one finger and pointed towards a stout looking Caucasian man sitting in the front row. The man acknowledges the gesture and stands up.

Half the hands in the room relaxes as the question they had in their minds has already been asked. The elderly Corti laughs. Amused he answers,

The man sits down. Kol'vak points to another. A thinner man with slight oriental features stood up to address him.

Kov'lak sighed. The first time he tried to explain in detail all that occurred in those 670 years, his audience didn't receive it very well. This is the third time he is having this briefing and he hoped he had mastered human social norms and ethics enough to not trigger another riot.

Well… I wasn't expecting that

Where is the putsch arc faggot ?

this was confirmed fake by Carmack

Bumping. I'm probably free enough to sit down and write at least a few entries today.

I'm working on a Launch of the Marathon greentext.

It's turning into quite the epic–250 lines across 12 planned posts so far and I'm not even a third of the way through the story board.

Keep the thread alive and I'll post it here when it's done.

I can't wait for this one to happen. I'll be following this thread and keeping it alive until you post.

The room burst into an array of noises. First came the whispering, then the murmured discussions then the shouting matches between people with spiritual inclines against those without. Kov'lak knew he needed to give these humans time to digest what he just said.

The first time he revealed the true origins of the humans, he did so by dumping a huge amount of information in a short while, giving the humans no time to rationalize or digest his revelation. That immediately caused a riot. The second time round, he was more wary on how he presented his message and while his audience was visibly shaken, they took it well enough despite a few fist fights breaking out between people having their spiritual faith shattered. They had to be able to accept the truth. After all, the fate of humanity rests on their shoulders. This time however, he intended to take it slow and allow the humans a chance to discuss both within their ranks and with him on the origins.

10 minutes later, the discussions died down. Military discipline made sure every one of the human present knew exactly what their priorities were to be and thus all put their doubt behind them until better times. One human in the elevated rear of the room, features unclear to Kov'lak raised her hand.

Kov'lak nodded. This batch of humans reacted much better than the last two. The method of slowly releasing information to a room of eager learners turned out to be indeed the method he needed. Delighted with the results, he continued

The room once against came alive with the murmured, but heated discussions. Surely the flooding myth shared by most, if not all of mythology as the origin on human civilization couldn't had occured merely five centuries ago. The world was still running on maritime trade and the Western countries were still actively colonizing other countries in the East. It was all documented with concrete historical proof firmly enshrined in museums around the globe. Kov'lak coughs to gather the attention of the audience. As the murmurs died down, he continued.

One hand at the centre of the room slowly raised. Kov'lak took the gesture as a human having an urgent question. He pauses and waves at the owner of the hand. A young woman, amber hair and blue eyes stood up.

The whole room explodes in a noise of disbelief and slight panic. Kov'lak silently wishes that it was Manj'luk giving this briefing. He knew the technology much more intimately and could explain any parts the humans find confusing. With him in charge, the best the humans could expect is an old soldier's grasp of the event.

Storyboards all done, but goddamn is it hard to write out semi decently when I have to move states again in a couple of days.

Storyboard for this one? Or is this the "Launch of the Marathon" Storyboard?

This one. Launch guy's already done his storyboard. He's writting full text out before posting it all at once i think

Correct, the Launch of the Marathon will be written in its entirety and proofread before posting.

I've also ended up spending considerably more time on research than I expected to. I want the story to read as plausible with relatively minor technological advances as compared to today.

Another way to distinguish the Launch of the Marathon from most of these stories is that, at the time the Marathon launches, humanity believes itself to be alone. FTL survey missions have not resulted in First Contact, and there is an ongoing controversy among those who care (a very small minority of the human population, most of whom are aboard the Marathon) over whether the surveys have found any life at all.

Whether humanity is actually alone in the Universe is intentionally unresolved in this story. What is certain is no aliens from the sky will swoop in to save the day.

HFY threads belong in >>>/tg/.

Thread locked.