So this is what happened to Alphabay / DeSnake

So this is what happened to Alphabay / DeSnake

RIP

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4688842/Canadian-man-wanted-drugs-trafficking-hanged.html

tvanouvelles.ca/2017/07/12/dark-web-le-quebecois-arrete-en-thailande-sest-suicide-en-prison

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/illegal-goods-website-alphabay-shut-following-law-enforcement-action-1499968444
reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/6n6fhr/ab_vendor_now_on_hansa_saving_addresses_got_this/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't run a darknet drug market and maybe you won't get extradited to the United States.

btw, why does the US like to waste millions on life sentences for non-US citizens?

because drugs are bad & the U.S. wants to protect innocent children from drugs

A 26 year old computer programmer in Thailand has 3 houses and luxury cars.. not suspicious at all.

Wow, scary shit. I hope they didn't get the database or anything.

The seized the server in Canada. It went down the same day he was arrested.

The plot thickens

That's why you use PGP. And you have nothing to worry about anyway unless you're a vendor.

Didn't AlphaBay allow weapons to be sold?

yea

Why the fuck? Why not cuba or Russia? Both cheap as fuck and won't send you to the USA.

Also bullshit he killed himself thais killed him.

Also this is most fucked up shit like Kim dotcom for example.

How can USA law apply for people outside and none citizens of the USA.

USA sentances are some of the harshes and the whole thing that they can extradite someone who isn't a citizen or even been to the USA or commited crime while on USA soil makes the USA world police, world govorment and law.

Isn't that fucked up? Doesn't that violate sovereignty of other coutnries?

Fuck your sovereignty, we are elected as the World Police by the UN, tens of nations ask us for help all the time. Don't want to end up in prison? Then don't commit crimes, because somebody will surely punish you. Just be glad its us and not a third-world shithole like thailand or brazil.

hopefully this will b8 shitlibs into wanting to disband the UN too

plus the questions around his arrest in new zealand

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

It's been confirmed that DeSnake killed himself / was killed in thai prison.

wsj.com/articles/illegal-goods-website-alphabay-shut-following-law-enforcement-action-1499968444

And silkroad gone as well. dark times ahead.

Not it isn't, all that is known is it's a high level staff member. It could be multiple people.

Not really, big markets last for years before they are busted / exit scam. After the initial Silk Road bust, markets exploded in popularity and number.

Hansa is already where everyone is migrating.

I always believed the rumour that alphabay was connected to the russian government, I guess not all conspiracy theories are true.

Where the fuck do I go now? I made a thread yesterday asking and never got to check it because I had to leave immediately…

Way faster than processing extradition requests.. and the 400 million baht sized by thai police. It's obvious he was murdered by thai police.

Outside.

I need to make money, sir; I already go outside quite often for that. I would appreciate if someone could help me find a reputable spot.

An online marketplace that sold illegal goods on the so-called Dark Web was shut last week following action by international authorities, according to people familiar with the matter.

The closing of AlphaBay, an anonymous marketplace that listed for sale drugs, counterfeit credit cards and other illegal goods, came after coordinated action by the U.S., Canada and Thailand, the people said.

The action included the arrest of Alexandre Cazes, a Canadian citizen who allegedly was one of the site’s operators, they said. He was found hanged in his cell Wednesday in Thailand, people familiar with the matter said. Mr. Caze “passed away in Thailand,” a spokeswoman for Canada’s foreign affairs department said Thursday. She declined to comment further, citing privacy reasons.

Mr. Cazes was taken into custody July 5 in Thailand “with a view toward extradition to face federal criminal charges in the United States,” according to Melissa Sweeney, a spokeswoman with the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. The same day, members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police’s high-technology crime unit executed a search warrant at a residence in Trois-Rivières, Quebec, said Camille Habel, a sergeant with the RCMP in Montreal.

It wasn’t immediately clear whether Mr. Cazes had legal representation.

Following its creation in December 2014, AlphaBay emerged as an heir to the Silk Road, the online marketplace closed by federal authorities in October 2013. Both sites were accessible via Tor, a network that takes steps to preserve the anonymity of its users.

While the Silk Road’s primary focus was drug sales, AlphaBay was more diverse, selling stolen credit-card numbers, drugs, online-fraud tutorials and guns, according to Andrei Barysevich, a director at Recorded Future Inc., which sells data about online threats and the Dark Web.

In the first six months of 2017, AlphaBay sold more than $5 million in stolen credit-card numbers, Mr. Barysevich said. “AlphaBay was the biggest marketplace on the Dark Web,” he said.

Total sales on the site averaged between $600,000 and $800,000 a day, earning AlphaBay’s operators millions of dollars each year in commissions, according to Nicolas Christin, an associate research professor at Carnegie Mellon University who studies online marketplaces.

AlphaBay’s operators had millions of dollars in the digital currency bitcoin, much of it held in escrow for the site’s illicit transactions, based on two bitcoin wallets that have been linked to the website, Mr. Barysevich said. The site’s abrupt shutdown last week fueled speculation its operators had absconded with millions of dollars of the digital currency.

everyone is moving to Hansa.. lol

reddit.com/r/DarkNetMarkets/comments/6n6fhr/ab_vendor_now_on_hansa_saving_addresses_got_this/

OK, well, I was unaware; you have blessed me and I thank you, user.

You've done a very small thing but it's gonna help me a ton.

Registration is closed because of the influx of users. They can't handle the traffic yet.

God damn it; I used to use this place that went by Aqua

When do you think registration will be open again?