Hey Brits

Hey Brits
Why the fuck are your electrical sockets so retarded?
Why do they all have fuses built into them? Don't you retards know what breakers are? Why do they all have massive safety shutters? Are children in the UK literally so retarded that they can't be trusted not to stick shit in electric sockets?

Brits care more about safety than convenience. It's only natural that their "shit's all retarded", as they say.

That's not a socket you retard.

The funny thing is that the safety features on the socket-side are stupid easy to defeat even by accident and the reason plugs have fuses is because most British homes are on one circuit in contrast to houses in other countries that section off the mains into multiple circuits connected via switch board/breaker box. It's like the British over-engineered where it wasn't necessary and under-engineered when it actually was.

Wouldn't it be easy to get electrocuted with the socket inverted like that? Seems safer to have the prongs on the plug. Too easy to brush your bare leg up against that and kys

Nothing wrong with that. It weeds out the weak.

The weak should fear the prong

kek, 10/10

checked.
Stick your tongue in the electrical outlet and realise why it needs safety features before complaining about having them.

I bet you also wear a hardhat 24/7 just in case

that's an adapter you put between a foreign plug and the british socket dumbfuck-o. there is no fuse in a british socket.

Nah, they actually stay in the socket more opposed to amarican ones. But we get fucked over the most when it comes to the size of the plug when it's something like a device for a computer over here.

at least it's not india

I'm an electrician and I totally support the idea of having a fuse on the extension cord of X electrodomestics the breakers could fail and they tolerate a certain amount of over current for some seconds, also there is a lot of idiotic people or greedy motherfuckers doing shady installations that are out of spec.

is that indian? I have a universal adaptor that looks identical, you can shove anything in there and it works

something something your mom

I got the adaptor from my mom, which might explain why I laughed

i will insert your mom in that socket

the midget of a woman might fit

either way she's getting a full charge from a big prong

My absolutely uneducated guess would be than in Europe there are a lot of super fucking old buildings being lived in that would be expensive to retrofit with newfangled safety whatsits like breakers. So it's better to fit all the new tech with it than all the residences with it.

I am new here, this is the first thread I have seen in face, and I feel happy saying that I will be staying here. Thank you denizens of Holla Forums, thank you

Sad!

not really. I know exactly one person who lives in a building that was built before 1960

Everyone need to change their powerpoint to the circle because it allow to fit 7 powerplugs in.

Sorry but I dont get it