Little Things Rebirth Changed

So, did anyone notice that Nightwing went from the New 52 Red, to the previous Blue?

What other little changes, back to the old comics, did DC do?

Thank God for that.

Truly, Dr. Manhattan is a gracious God

Looks like they changed the logo back to its pre-nu52 version, too.

I have noticed that as well.

Now, is it me or does DC's writers seem to be referencing Dick and Bab's relationship quite frequently? In Nightwing, they go on a "date", and in Batgirl and Birds of Prey, Black Canary warned Huntress about telling Barbara about her previous relationship with Dick.

With Superman and Lois returning, you'd think that one of the power couples of DC would return as well. Shit they even have Green Arrow and Black Canary with each other again.

But Dick and Babs? Not Dick and Kory? Boo, I say…give ol' Ted and Babs a chance.

Dick cucked Kory with Babs, and then married Babs. If they wanna get back to the basics, Dick and Babs are married.

….Wait, he did WHAT? How? Why?

You're not familiar with the time that Nightwing fucked Barbara Gordon before his wedding to Kory?

bump

No? That's the first I heard of it?

Before his wedding to Starfire (ruined by a possessed Raven) he went to see Barbara Gordon, and ended up have sex with her. This event ended up being finished in DC's Convergence event, where Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon ended up married.

the way he grabs that stick makes no sense, it looks like his 4 year old nephew draw a stick after the artist drew a closed fist

it should probably look more like this

That's probably how the artist drew it initially, then they changed it so it wouldn't look like he's jamming it up his ass.

OK, who wrote that? I mean, is an amicable breakup that hard to do?

Well Jason's backstory got retconned a bit. So that's something.

TWO first meetings with the bat?

Gee, Jason.

Seriously though, first two pages are from issue zero of Red Hood and the Outlaws (New 52). The other three pages are from the current Rebirth run.

I didnt even question the art shift. They seemed to go together well enough that I thought it was the same book.

Silly user.

Rose Wilson backstory changed as well:

New 52? She worked for Harvest and was the daughter of Adeline Kane. She helped clone Superboy.

Rebirth? Right back to being the daughter of Lillian Worth, she's Deathstroke jr, but fucking sucks at it.

It worked quite well actually, because after the break up Dick went off for Final Crisis or whatever event that was, got really fucked up, ended up going to Barbara Gordon, and she nursed him back to health.

As a bit of a side note, Dick Grayson, even while being completely wrecked and with broken ribs and all, still slayed Babs. Apparently the writer has never even had a cracked rib, because breathing hurts.

So, Jason was a hobo kid? he still deserved to be beaten into a pulp. I'm tired of characters doing horrible or stupid things which then we have to feel sympathy for because they are poor little kids or had a cheap past.

Since post Crisis on Infinite Earth so, the mid 80's

Jason is known for three things:

Who voted?

Comic fans, and I'm going assume what passed as shitposters back in the 80's. I heard one guy rigged his phone to call a lot.
Mind you; there was a 50-cent charge (o vey) for each call.

I want to see if they had an issue for both or if they made it after the fact. Something like Jason dying would mess up other arcs they had planned down the line, and I don't believe they added a new Robin for a few months.

Wasn't Jason Todd originally a completely different circus acrobat who lost his parents in a completely unrelated accident to the one that claimed Dick Grayson's parents?

That's right but after Crisis on Infinite Earths, Jason's origins was changed.

I've never been that big of a Dick fan before but it's just annoying to see him turned into pure fujobait now.

Didn't he always have a shitload of fujoshi fangirls?

So much so that he's now getting his own sexy animu statue.

Well, the first thing the comics needed to resolve after the vote was stopping the Joker, so that bought a buffer time of a couple of issues. Following that, it would be reasonable to allow Robin a rest period to recover, so whether he's dead or just injured, Batman should be acting alone, allowing the next story to unfold the same regardless. Begin it with Batman either relieved Jason is still alive, or lamenting his death, and pretty much nothing else needs to be changed.

Dick and Babs never married. That was the intention and Dick even proposed her, but that was only because Dan Didio wanted to kill him in Infinite Crisis. So the whole thing was merely set-up to kill him before the wedding and create angst.

Since Geoff Johns, who's a Nightwing fanboy, stopped Didio from killing Nightwing in the event the wedding between never moved forward. Nightwing took a sabatical for a year with Bruce and Tim then when he came back started to bang another chick.

You're explaining everything wrong by mixing stories.

The whole deal about Dick fucking Babs before his wedding with Kory was a terrible retcon that made no sense time-line wise and only served to portray the Dick/Babs pairing as star-crossed lovers.

Dick, like i explained above, also never married Babs. He proposed to her before Infinite Crisis, but after the event and the 52 maxi-series where everybody took a vacation for a year he came back and things between was pretty much over. Dick went on to… Chicago? I think it was Chicago. Well, he went somewhere to play Nightwing for a bit and after Bruce's "death" he became Batman.

Convergence is complicated. Brainiac took different versions of DC characters from various point in the several universes and time-lines DC has. There were two minis featuring Dick Grayson. One taken before Zero Hour changed the New Earth/Earth-0 universe time-line, where he and Korry finally married, and one taken before Infinite Crisis changed the New Earth/Earth-0 universe time-line, where he and Babs finally married. But in the end Brainiac had a change of heart and decided to send all the characters he had kidnapped back to their rightful universes and time-lines. Thus Pre-Zero Hour Dick back to his past where he never married Korry and Zero Hour later happened and Pre-Infinite Crisis Dick went back to his past where he never married Babs and Infinite Crisis happened. Also, just to make matters confusing Pre-Zero Hour Dick and Pre-Infinite Crisis Dick are the same people with a few minor changes here and there in their continuity.

Fuck, DC's continuity is confusing and i hate myself for knowing so much about it.

Aren't there others getting statues or is it just Dick?

There… there are more. There's even one of 10 year old Damian spreading his anus.

Huh. Never noticed before that DCAU Tim takes his background from Jason, being street-punk and having his dad murdered by Two-Face.

I don't recall the Nightwing from Pre-Zero Hour having married Korry. All I remember about him was the fact he was Nightwing. None of the characters that knew him said much about him, and just kept bitching about Pre-Infinite Crisis Dick being a little bitch and not being a hero.

Despite all the shit people gave Convergence, I loved it, only because it was a) a Nightwing story and b) it was a crisis that wasn't "Lol speedforce" or "Lol green rings ammirite?"

I wish I knew more about pre-Infinite Crisis. It's hard to find archives of issues, and it looks like genuine fun.

Would of been better had it been the true story of "Tim's father is killed and kills Captain Boomerang, only for both sons to find out about their respective fathers and grieve at the same time, furthering their resolve to follow their father's wishes."

Actually, now that I think about it, Identity Crisis was done after DCAU, but still, would of been fun.

That was impressive though.

Oh fuck the hell yes….

You didn't understood, user, and to be fair my explanation sucked ass.

This is how it happened:

There used to be a single universe after the whole CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS debacle, right? DC erased their universes, which were theoratically infinite in number although they only really used like 10 universes, and rebooted everything establishing that now only existed one universe where the publisher's characters mingled.

So in this new universe Dick and Babs had a brief platonic romance when they were Robin and Bagirl before Dick left to lead the Teen Titans, where he met Kory and they hooked up. Then in the 90's when Dick and Kory where about to get married Raven while possessed by her father, Trigon, broke the wedding and raped Kory at the altar forcing everybody to watch. Dick and Kory still remained together after this but they relationship started to become strained. This was mostly because in the late 90's the editors of the Batman related books wanted to have complete control of Nightwing, so because of that Nightwing was forbidden to marry Kory, as was the plan. Then Zero Hour happened and the time-line was altered slightly thanks to what happened in that event.
This is when Dick and Babs slowly started to get together again. Something that was done mostly thanks to the DCAU cartoons. Dick and Babs before that weren't really close, but since their romance in the cartoons was popular Chuck Dixon, the writer of the Nightwing ongoing and the Birds of Prey ongoing, which featured Babs as a major character, started to slowly build their romance. But it was a really slow-burn romance and every now and then Dick and Babs would sex other people. It was an on-and-off thing. Then in the late 2000's Dick and Babs finally decided to hook up for good and get married. Dick proposed to Babs and they started to make plans. Then Infinite Crisis happened and everything went to shit. Also the time-line was once agaiin altered slightly.
After Infinite Crisis Bruce and his sons, including Dick, took a vacation to travel and retrain around the world for a year, and when Dick came back he decided to pretty much stop seeing Babs and sex other chicks. Babs also, heartbroken, decided to move on. The wedding was cancelled. This again happened because the whole wedding idea was merely a set-up to create angst since the original idea was to kill off Dick during Infinite Crisis. So since the plans were changed and everybody knew that Grant Morrison had a grand plan for the Batman comics pretty much the whole line was put on a hold. So Dick continued to be Nightwing for a bit before Bruce death/disappearance forcing him to become Batman and that was it. He and Babs remained friends, but the relationship was pretty much dead.

Convergence, though, was pure fan-service. Brainiac took a copy of Dick right before his marriage to Kory during the 90's and a copy of Dick right before his marriage to Babs during the late 2000's. So in one dome you had Dick and Kory marrying (Pre-Zero Hour Dick) and in another dome Dick and Babs marrying (Pre-Infinite Crisis Dick). Then Brainiac felt bad and decided to send all the copies back to their rightful time and place, making things happen the way they were supposed happen.

It's important to notice that in REBIRTH you have Dick and Babs kinda-sorta trying to hook up (NIGHTWING ongoing) while also at the same time you have Dick and Kory having tons of sex every now and then (TEEN TITANS ongoing);.

Honestly? In my opinion DC should just give up the whole love triangle bullshit and have a polyamorous relationship where Dick, Babs and Kory are a couple. We all know that Kory would be 100% up for it and love Babs with the same intensity and respect that she does Dick because that means making Dick happy. Just do it, DC.

I wonder if they'll do something like this for the female heroes?

If there's a DC character who should have a harem that character is Nightwing.

DC already has. The line is called Bishoujo.

Good shit.

When will Jason and Damian catch up to Bruce, Dick and Tim?

Jason used to fuck Starfire in New 52. Then he gave her to Roy to enjoy.

Well, the NU52 was a mistake.

Course it was. But retcons can always "fix" the big mistakes. Sometimes. Rarely.

Waster opportunity.

These lists are far from being complete. Batman's is missing Vicky Vale, Huntress, and Zatanna for crying out loud.

Fucking gross, dude. She was originally his daughter pre-CoIE.

wasn't that on earth 2 though?

Talking about PeeGee.

So? Still fucking gross.

Reminder that Earth-1 universe Batman kissed Earth-2 universe Batman's daughter on the lips.

Also, Earth-2 universe Batman's daughter wanted to fuck Earth-2 universe Robin, even though he was basically her uncle in everything but blood.

Sorry user. I'm an Aussia, that's how we pronounce it, but I know it's have.

Once reading this post, I realised your first post was fine and I was just being thick.

I know all of what you just said, there was actually 3 Nightwings in Convergence, if I'm thinking correctly. The one that Telos helps was married to Babs and had a kid, but was never Nightwing, just a reporter/photographer. There was another one who wasn't seen, but some of the characters knew and reminded the first Dick I mentioned how he's not really Dick because he's not a hero. There' also a 3rd one in the Nightwing Tie-in. As far as I know, that's a seperate Nightwing, as he doesn't reference any of the events the other two went through.

The Dick Grayson in the main CONVERGENCE mini-series was Nu52 Earth-2 Dick Grayson. He, like you said, was a normal guy with no affiliation to the Bat-Clan and photographer who was married to Babs, also a normal girl and a cop or agent. She died protecting him and their son, but he eventually lost the kid and their world was destroyed.

Then there was:
Pre-CoIE Earth-2 Dick in the CONVERGENCE: INFINITY INC. mini-series;
Pre-CoIE Earth-1 Dick in the CONVERGENCE: THE NEW TEEN TITANS mini-series (where he married Kory);
Pre-Flashpoint Earth-0 (which was known as New Earth before Infinite Crisis) Dick in CONVERGENCE: NIGHTWING/ORACLE mini-series (where he married Babs).

So even i was wrong. It wasn't pre-Zero Hour New Earth Dick and pre-Infinite Crisis New Earth Dick, but rather Pre-CoIE Earth-1 Dick and Pre-Flashpoint Earth-0 Dick. Sorry for that.

Oh damn, didn't read the New Teen Titans or Infinity Inc tie ins, as I didn't care for their rosters, or at least what I thought their rosters were. I have them in my Convergence folder, so might as well give them a go.
That Shazam! tie-in was probably the best thing that entire event gave us. That and it was baby steps towards undoing Nu52.

Fuckin A' user!

DICKS EVERYWHERE

I didn't finish reading Convergence: Infinity Inc. The art burns my eyes. Seriously, almost every other Convergence tie-ins have good to great (Convergence: Blue Beetle's art being my personal favorite) but damn that Infinity Inc. tie-in