I know reddit sucks, but TV subreddits are just the worst...

archive.fo/01jUZ

reddit.com/r/betterCallSaul/comments/660cv8/better_call_saul_s03e02_witness_postepisode/dgemqam/

I know reddit sucks, but TV subreddits are just the worst. A mod had to go out of his way to preemptively ask people not to use any homophobic or racist slurs against a fictional straight white male character, as if it was some sort of a common occurrence. Now that's all I try to say about Chuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Gbdx9#selection-1693.0-1699.419
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You don't belong here.

Chuck really is the worst character, I don't agree he's worse than Skyler though, Skyler was an ungrateful cheating trash heap

[–]sje46 325 points 7 days ago

What kind of monster would -want to denigrate sexual or racial minorities by comparing them to Chuck?

permalinkembedparent

[–]skinkbaaChuck[S,M] 52 points 7 days ago

hahaha

permalinkembedparent

Are they talking about the refugees?

One of you must have fapped to this

Guilty as charged

I don't care about this thread but I just want to tell you fags to STOP listening to what reddit or someone else says. You can like the show without being an idiot sheep.

Pick one.

Chuck did nothing wrong. He's a man with integrity.

the plot of Better Call Saul
If you remove the boring "electric allergies" bullshit, he's just a cunt twiddling his thumbs all day imagining ways to fuck over his brother. If he's not killed this season then the show is going to be another season of this shit.

the show is great tho

GIVE IT BACK, IT WAS OURS!

i like it, just tired of the chuck character.

Breaking bad was better because we didn't knew how it would end.

For a show with a set ending, it shouldn't go on for so many seasons.

They put out recently not to get too attached to Chuck, so I think he's being axed this series.

At least stuff is happening this series, with Mike working for Gus and Saul on trial. I can't wait until it gets to the events of Breaking Bad so we can get Breaking Bad: Gaiden and see what the other characters were up to when Jesse and Walter were fucking around in the desert.

I'd like to go on record and say this was the first episode since Season 1 where something actually happened. It still sucked but it was an improvement. Bravo Vince (((Gould.)))

I hope you're being sarcastic. I couldn't care less about Skylar but reddit bitching about a caption someone made is hilarious. Especially if Chuck is involved.

LOL
archive.is/Gbdx9#selection-1693.0-1699.419 - COMEDY GOLD

Butthurt redditor detected. Chuck is justice and there's nothing you or your circlejerking cucks can do about it.

I found the reddit thread amusing. And i've since had a change of heart on Chuck since watching episode 3, he doesn't want Saul in prison or ruined forever he just wants him disbarred which is reasonable when you think that Jimmy is a CON-MAN who to this day breaks the rules.

That was expected since the beginning of last season. They botched their handling of Chuck like they did Walt. BB writers thought that by the third season people would completely abandon Walt, but they made him too much of a sympathetic anti-hero and that greatly effected the final season's outcome. Since Walt was the main character they just couldn't remove him. Chuck isn't the main character and didn't exist until this show so removing him is easy. Also the actor who plays Chuck who is a pretty cool guy IRL is tired of people harassing him for being the sacred lawbringer.

If the rest of this show is like this past episode, pacing and delivery, it can be redeemed to a passing grade. I think any sane fan just wanted basic BB prequel showcasing as a bare minimum and a standalone plot second. If they're done delivering nothing-of-consequence the paintdrying episode for every episode, that's all anyone can ask for.

Chuck has a bit of resentment towards Jimmy because Chuck spent his life with the law. He studied and became a pro at it so he could better his families life. Jimmy meanwhile stole from his family and was a general bum until he decided he wanted to follow in Chuck's footsteps. However, he couldn't get it done the right way so went the usual crooked way.

People love Jimmy because he's a fun and social guy, while Chuck is the boring, stuffy old guy. Chuck did everything you're supposed to at life, work hard, be true to yourself and others, make sacrifices for your loved ones and he seemingly won at life, but all he had was the material. Nice house, clothes, car and so on, but not the genuine respect and love he feels he is owed. Instead Jimmy gets all of that.

To avoid rambling on, Chuck is bound by his life's work and dedication, even if he knows its cost him the true goal of life; happiness. Jimmy makes a mockery of even that and so he is bitter.

Jimmy's a stand up guy, when he isn't breaking the law or bending the rules. Chuck's the bad guy who has nothing but the law.

I agree Chuck is antagonistic to Jimmy but I don't think he's bad overall. His wife left him and his electricity illness means he lives alone inside the house all day with no TV, radio or internet.

Then Jimmy comes along and once again spits on the one thing he still has left and treasures above all things - the law. It's fun to pick sides but I think it's a sign of good storytelling that both characters land in the moral grey zone rather than being distinctly right or wrong.

Having a surface level understanding of something is fine when you're in grade school but not reading into a work and seeing where the writers fucked up and their own in-story logic falls apart is where you must realize you're retarded. The most ironic part about your own view of this mess of a series is that there is no resentment in Chuck at all. That's something you invented out of nowhere within your essaypost that you regurgitate to keep yourself deluded. Even when the writers get supremely lazy and have characters voice notes and explain things in the most plainest way possible to the point of being meta, they never say anything about resentment. Ironic again, that even if resentment was involved that doesn't take away from how shitty a person Jimmy is.

This is what the writers intended to happen:
And that's it. But this is how it was delivered in the series:

If the writers finally got the message they will find a way to exit Chuck from this series like people speculated. But if they have any decency he will go out at least not vilified or mocked for cheap laughs. They fucked up and people see Chuck as the good guy in a show about antiheroes, which should be a cautionary tale to aspiring writers.

That's not true though. Chuck was a lot more reliant on Jimmy than Jimmy was on Chuck. The guy came to his house, cooked his meals, brought him commodities (that he bought with his own money) and kept him from the doctors.
Chuck didn't let him be a lawyer, and lied to his face while doing it, making Howard out to be the bad guy. Chuck went out of his way to fuck Jimmy's life up. He took the case Jimmy found from him, made it so Jimmy wouldn't get hired at his company and abused Jimmy's love for him to get him arrested.
What does he think Jimmy will do if he loses his law license, aka the only prospect keeping him from going back to Slippy Jimmy? Work at Cinnabon?

Summarizing the show in your own view doesn't help your argument at all especially when it's flawed on every level.

Jimmy didn't need to do all of that since Chuck could have hired any one at any time, ultimately the jewnosenigger.

This is laughably wrong for the simple fact that he never voiced against that idea. Jimmy never told Chuck he was going to an online law school until he had already graduated.
You need to construct sentences better because it's not clear what you are saying.
Howard chose to listen to the senior partner of the firm.

Refusing partnership from Jimmy isn't fucking his life up. The case would've gone nowhere without a law firm and required two at least. Jimmy's "love" was anger that he had been played but most importantly, exposed.
That's a choice the character has to make in a fictional world written by writers. Are you seriously this deluded and stupid?

If Chuck is lawful and good, why did he lie about what his mom said on her death bed? Why manipulate his brother into confessing on a hidden recorder? Why manipulate him into breaking & entering or assaulting him?

There is literally nothing good about Chuck. He can't do his job right because of his head problems. He literally gets a prosecutor that will follow his plans, and sets his brother up for a trial he can't win because chuck owns most people there. That's not what I'd call honest.

The point is that they're both bad. Chuck's problems with Jimmy stem from Chuck being the honest good guy and getting nowhere. Slippin' Jimmy still gets the love and adulation. The guy who did everything by the book and studied his ass off to better everyone gets less than the guy who bums around and steals from the family.

Chuck knows Jimmy's true colours, but no one else sees it. He's a bitter man that just, truly, wanted that attention and life Jimmy got.

Damn, even with all the makeup in the world he's looking old af nowadays. If they go more than another 2 - 3 years the illusion will be completely broken, and that's notwithstanding the constant barrage of anachronisms that slip in now and again.

That's not new considering he didn't want him working there as a lawyer at the firm. Actually, you could've started there. I'm surprised you did leave that out since you believe re-summarizing the show in your view is a legitimate defense.
Even Howard thought it was a shame they would lose it if Jimmy took the job with him but it didn't bug him.
I'm sure Jimmy would just stop working completely if he got disbarred. This is a serious attempt at making a point?
We already went through that one, and the last point as well. Chuck could have gotten any one working in the mail room to be his errand boy. Also trying to imply that him living in a nail salon is Chuck's fault is dubious at best because we don't know why exactly Jimmy doesn't live with Chuck. But one obvious answer is that Chuck disconnected the power and that includes landlines. Why would Jimmy risk missing a potential call from a client to his "office?" Again, do you really believe you're making a valid point here?
You mean aside from being one of the most reputable lawyers in the country?
What's funny about you saying that is that you seriously believe he wouldn't get a prosecutor that will work with him. And then to top it off you think in your head that Jimmy didn't stand a chance. Part of the episode dealt with how even in ABQ law Jimmy had impressed people that HHM had to get a lawyer from out of the area to be the prosecutor. Your delusions are growing out of control.

This is quite literally unsupported by the show and I'm not saying you're completely wrong. Even when Kim pretended to not know anything about Jimmy breaking in and started mixing in bitching with meta, in every flashback scene, there's not a hint of Chuck being envious. At most he's been impressed that Jimmy has had the ability of being really friendly and likeable. Meanwhile everyone in law either respects or fears Chuck.

I think Giancarlo Esposito aged the worst out of them, and oddly Jonathan Banks looks like he improved a bit. Even Giancarlo sounded tired and wimpy trying to put on his fake accent and sounding like Gus. Most embarrassing was that it sounded like his voice was cracking and you can barely hear him. Bob did a lot of work to make up for the fact that when he lost weight his skin stretched. It's not as bad as how the trashman looked when he dropped his weight, but it still looks bad.

Why do people like Gus? Was he just there because he reminded people of Obama? Does anyone find the cartel subplot boring? I do. I would rather see more of Kim doing Kim stuff. Gus is a tired old retread.

A lot of people saw Gus as a really good villain and thought the show went to shit when Walt killed him. I kinda agree the cartel subplot kinda went nowhere but I think the payoff was that Gus is now involved by proxy. Now that Gus is in the show this can either retroactively make his character shittier or be the extra boost the show needs. But what I wasn't expecting is for Giancarlo to look JUSTed and tired, although that should have been likely since Jonathan Banks looked the same way.

I'm hoping her character pays off because she can go many directions from here. And I say that thinking her character is quite boring. She can get burnt by helping Jimmy if she is sincere. Or she can abandon him to save herself. Regardless he ends up hating women and going through a few failed marriages.

Yea Gus was a fantastic villain, but I think they killed him at the right time in BB. Didn't overstay his welcome and left the audience wanting more.

It'll be interesting to see him as a business associate of Mike and eventually Jimmy, rather than an antagonist to Walt. And of course we're gonna meet this jolly gay meth cook again.

What I'm waiting for is all this chuck-jimmy drama to be done with so we can get to the upcoming mike-saul drama. In BB Mike wanted little to do with Saul and in the later seasons when it was Jessie, Mike and Walt working together, it was evident that something must have happened between Mike and Saul. Mike knew how to get what he wanted from Saul through intimidation and even when not, Saul was comedically a coward around Mike. It was funny when he called him, jessie, and walt the three amigos and Mike was therefore not part of it. Also it will be interesting to see why Gus wants little to do with Saul. In BB Gus only referred to Saul as "the lawyer," and Saul kept telling Walt to put in a good word for him with Gus.

Anyway, if there's one actor who hasn't returned yet that could pull it off, it's Bryan Cranston. There was that one episode around S2 of BB where you see Walt and Skyler back when they originally bought their house in the late 90s, and the makeup artists did a really good job on making him look 15 - 20 years younger than he actually was. Apart from the extra wrinkles and what seemed to be an obvious toupee, he looked exactly as he did back on Malcolm in the Middle.

board is kill?

board is zombi