So how long will it be until Marvel adopts DC's plan of "Just make everything good instead of making it terrible"?

So how long will it be until Marvel adopts DC's plan of "Just make everything good instead of making it terrible"?

Their current state obviously can't last forever, DC has proved good comics are profitable, and Marvel is a disney property, so it won't be allowed to just crash and burn. I'm thinking after a year or so of bleeding money they'll come to their senses.

Other urls found in this thread:

jimshooter.com/2011/11/first-this-one-more-thing-about-mass.html/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Vault
deadline.com/2016/11/the-inhumans-marvel-tv-series-abc-imax-2017-1201854503/
heatst.com/politics/scandal-marvels-new-ms-marvel-uses-her-superpowers-to-get-hillary-clinton-elected/
heatst.com/entertainment/marvel-cancels-ironheart-variant-cover-too-sexualized/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Since its the movies that make Marvel good I guess when the movies fail they'll stop and reconsider their ways. Or when Mickey Mouse stops subsidizing Marvel with all that Disney money they'll crash and reconsider their ways.

So after Spider-man Homecoming? I honestly think that will be the time they begin to fall.

Quads, very rare indeed. I really hope the rumors of MJ being black isn't true. If it sucks I guess I'll stick with the Sam Raimi movies.

Rumors? user, that's been confirmed for a long time now.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Read this post I made in the Gwenpool #8 storytime thread.

By the way, when this snipped post said Jim Shooter, it was referring to the original Secret Wars. The better Secret Wars.

I'm upset too, user. It couldn't last forever. We'll see the true fall of Marvel within our time.

nice quads

The descent has already started. Civil War was shit, Doctor Strange probably won't do too well, and the Netflix shows are losing ground after Jessica Jones and Daredevil S2.

They also fucked up BAD when they announced all their future releases through 2020.

It was never confirmed. Apparently they're adding some OC characters though, which could be just as bad.

Are you out of your fucking mind?

Reminder that Marvel Studios is separate from the rest of Marvel

I miss that story so much. Better than the crap we have now. Though I don't quite agree with keeping Bendis on street level heroes. Yeah, he was good with them in his early career but he does too much of the Bendis speak so it wouldn't make his street level stuff any better. I think the man is past his prime and they should let him go.

Thank God. Maybe the Disney Channel black chick will be an OC. I can stomach it as long as MJ is a white redheaded girl, and the OC isn't that big of a character.

Seeing what's going on with the media and Trump now, I'm going to bet that Marvel will just continue to double down until they are no more. It's no longer about money for them. Many of their creators and Axel Alonso truly believe they are on the right side of history and all that other nonsense.

The saddest part is, they're going to drag comic book shops and the rest of the industry down with them, the same way they did the last time the market crashed.

Marvel sold the film rights to them. Marvel then chose to torpedo the franchise when they wouldn't just give them back. Blame Marvel for X-Men being shit

Meant for

Marvel will never be no more. The only way they'd ever die is if they became SO unprofitable that disney just shuts them down. That won't happen for about a billion reasons.

I remember they said she would be MJ a long time ago. I'm thinking now they've decided to back out of it because people realized that was stupid.

I remember that film executives don't usually back out of choices months before shooting because of people on the internet. I'm thinking you're a retard.

The IPs will never die, but the companies? Who knows.

Marvel as a brand is too valuable to let go.

Marvel Comics can easily be no more. You've already got higher up people asking why the hell they're paying people to make new comics when they sell like shit and they've got plenty of old comics they can repackage and re-sell. The comic business is in the toilet, in large part thanks to Marvel, and Disney would have no qualms about pulling the plunger when they become more trouble than they're worth.

Marvel Entertainment however, you're correct that they'd never go out of business. Their IPs are too profitable, although nothing lasts forever.

No need to be so harsh.

Marvel comics is definitely still in profit, and going into reprints exclusively remains a doomsday scenario we'll probably never see.

It's an easy change to make. They just rename the character. If they'd started filming the movie and filming what's-her-name's scenes then it would be a different story. But before shooting? It's as easy as doing a Find and Replace on Word or whatever it is they use.

The biggest problem with Marvel Entertainment and the MCU is that making it so expansive and growing has a number of problems. Most importantly that actors age, get caught in scandals, and die. They can't keep using the same characters forever and ever. Which will mean killing them off and replacing them with new younger characters for later movies. Or doing jarring recasts to keep it all going on forever.

Define 'profit'
We'll see it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Archie are mostly in reprints now, and they only put out a handful of new books.

Plus there's always re-dubbing scenes if they started filming already.

Worked for James Bond

I think it says something Disney licenses a lot of its IPs to third-party publishers

What I'm saying is, if they wanted to do black mary jane, a bunch of virgins on the internet wouldn't keep them from doing that.

They're still making money, user. Putting profit in quotes doesn't change that.

After Cisbusters? Yes they would.

Cisbusters? The movie produced by Sony? Executives don't even learn from their own mistakes, why would they learn from someone else's?

After Cis-Busters AND the incident with black Hermione they most certainly would. They'll learn that this bullshit will not bring them money. Diversity and pandering to SJWs is not profitable at all.

Give it three years. Your expectations might surprise you.

Doctor Strange is pretty decent, and I ironically have expectations for Black Panther, much to the dismay of everyone here. But yeah, they practically showed their balls on stream for introducing their plans much too early.

Yeah, that was a stretch. Around somewhere near $6 sounds sensible.

I can honestly say that they're pretty much burying their own grave and whitewashing their own situation. Thank goodness that DC is at least pushing back with a few of their Rebirth titles (Except that Deadman one. That ruined itself when it brought stupid Tumblr politics into the forefront of it's character dialogue. Haven't seen such an unsightly display of cancer since that page of Squirrel Girl fighting Galactus while they both talk about gender pronouns.

Nobody fucking want the IP to go public domain. Not. Ever. That's something nobody wants to see happen. Like said, it's too valuable to let go. If you make the entire Marvel universe go nebulous out of sheer spite, you've practically destroyed its storytelling value and general purpose. That fucking ruins the quality and characters altogether, and that's a stupendously retarded fiasco to be hoping for. How can people say something so retarded? It's much better for Marvel to crash into decline like mid-2000s SNK and rebuild itself.

Making money /= making profit

Comic books don't sell what they used to. This is because Marvel completely fucked the industry by pulling out of the newsstand and killing their circulation and then screwing over the direct market by trying to become their own distributor, failing and ensuring that there was only one distributor left.

The only reason this business is still a business is because comics keep the IPs alive and because comics are cheap to produce when you pay your writers, artists and generally most of your employees, like shit.

It's not a profitable business. At best they might break even.

Have you ever bought a comic book in your life?

Please stop talking out of your ass.

It's the same producer. This new movie is a Sony co-production

*Marvel Comics

Nevermind, average price has always been 5 bucks or lower. I'm basically talking out of my ass.

What the fuck user, that's not even true. I'm serious: Have you EVER bought a comic book?

I imagine he means something along the lines of digest-sized B&W trades or direct-to-bookstore OGNs. Which sounds nice until you consider the logistical and financial difficulties of sustaining that kind of loss leader in a market where trade sales plummet after a few weeks and keeping shit in print costs money.

I don't disagree with the notion that innovation is necessary, but let's not pretend hemorrhaging money to make more money has ever been a good idea.

Get educated, nigger
jimshooter.com/2011/11/first-this-one-more-thing-about-mass.html/

Ok, I'm really talking out of my ass. Let's not get out-of-proportion and start a shitstorm of autism here, user.

I'm talking about your "comics are dying" nonsense. Marvel has taken a hit, but books that lose money fucking DIE. Big corporations can't stand losing profit.

Hopefully, when the comics industry does crash financially around them, they'll get enough pressure into their senses to do something better than Marvel Knights to fix their screw-up.

They are
Normally that would be the case. Fucking Squirrel Girl and Hellcat proves it's not
The comics division hasn't been profitable for a very long time. It's the IPs that bring in the money, it's the IPs that make Marvel so valuable.

Well thats why they plan on changing out the Avengers after Infinity War so they don't have to use the same actors. They can use new ones like the Dr. Strange guy.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but squirrel girl is popular. Hellcat will be cancelled soon.

Comics are not dying, and it's only becoming more evident that you don't know what profitable means.

No it isn't. You're delusional
What's becoming more evident is that you can't distinguish between 'profit' and 'revenue'. Business 101

I wonder how low the squirrel girl and Hellcat sales can get. Hell maybe we can get a drawfag in her showing squirrel girl and hellcat playing limbo just to see how low their sales can go.

It's a low-tier book, but that doesn't mean it's not selling.

If you can find a miracle-worker.

Okay good. But that's still a while away. Even then how long do they expect to keep this all going? They can't really expect this to keep up forever. Can they? This is really making a cancerous trend of cinematic universe bullshit. It's gonna become the new Hollywood trend. Christ I wanna puke.

I don't know. I hope they put a definitive end for the MCU though. Hearing that they have plans that go all the way into 2020 is making me nervous.

They could intend to milk it forever like Star Wars

Cinema is dead.

Yeah but the problem with those is that they will suffer diminishing returns. Especially Star Wars, with Marvel you could do most of the heroes from the comics, but Star Wars, the only way that could keep going is if they decide to do some old EU stuff like KOTOR.

With Star Wars, all they have to do is the exact same plotlines over and over and over again and millions of fanboys will cream their pants.

Under 20,000 is cancellation numbers, do you not know anything about this business? It is by definition not selling

My theory is the cheap art & not paying an editor makes Hellcat profitable.

This is dead, that is dead, all of this is just an infantile wax lyrical of pedantic whiny bitching. Just hope the industry goes into decline and that's it. How many shrill faggots on Holla Forums have to keep jerking off to this fucking line?

They can always go 2099 if they're desperate.

Like, this constant stream of this crap is absurd.

=
=

It will fix itself after it has "died". Constantly saying shit like "pozzed", or bragging about it's imminent "death" is fucking counterproductive. Has this entire board been taken over by bitchy overreacting faggots that love making up vendettas for themselves?

The only sensible explanation for Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl, and Hellcat is that they're loss leaders to push trades to the young reader/hipster demographics. Whether it's working or not…..

Pessimism is natural. Expecting the bottom to drop out any day now out of spite is not.

Hi Holla Forums, that's a nice opinion, but in reality:

Civil War made 1.1 billion dollars and received overwhelmingly positive reviews.

Dr. Strange has made 350 million, hasn't finished opening in all international markets, and has two holiday weekends to look forward to.

Luke Cage received major critical praise from both critics and fans, and due to fan demand Netflix have added a Punisher series.

There are no brakes on the MCU train.

You say that like there was ever anything else.

I would like to see a Spiderman 2099 movie, but knowing Sony they would fuck it up or water it down. I would like it animated but sadly Marvel doesn't seem to have much good animation. Do they still do those animated movies with Madhouse? If they animated it that would be great.

Westerns lasted almost half a century. Hopefully it won't be the case with capes.

They're going to need to part ways with Comics Alliance, first. That will probably require some corporate restructuring.

why don't they just do one of them big "CRISIS!!!!11" crossover events to handwave why they're making the same movies over and over again but just changing the actors

It remains to be seen how Black Panther & the Captain Marvel movies will fare. Diminishing returns will kick in eventually.

A lot of people thought Fembusters would do awesome business…

Look at the paper Civil War 2 series.

Would you pay to see a retread of Capt America:Civil War will new actors retreading the same stale stories?

Absolutely never. When Marvel completely fails and dies its all going in the Disney vault and will only come back in ten or twenty years.

Eh, that'll do. 20 years might be bit of a stretch though, 10 - 14 might be a lot more realistic, since there could be a possible demand for its return by a niche market (or some benefactor manages to buy Marvel Comics, which would be an even better turn of events). However, you got the Disney vault wrong, that's reserved for all their animated films they put on moratorium release. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Vault

I don't think he was specifically referring to that marketing angle. Disney has a ton of properties it pushed before either ignoring them or selling them off.

Exactly as I was trying to implicate as well, pretty much.

I'm not sure either are ever going to learn.

Are you that faggot who thought that every restaurant had to have their own unique recipes because of copyright law?

Literally who? And what's that got to do with Marvel?

There is precedent for this. Fant4stic was initially gonna have Dr. Doom supposed to be a blogger named Victor Domashev. They changed his name to Von Doom in the reshoots as well as removed any instances where he is a blogger.

Don't you even know how Amazon works? They take most of the product revenue.

Shit, the Fant4stic movie was a wagon cart of sundried horseballs.

Maybe the faggotry is within us all.

Moar liek Fant4utistic, amirite?

Like Marvel are doing such great things with their IPs to begin with

Marvel is killing off the Xmen because Perlmutter is mad that Fox still has the movie rights. They have no 'aesthetic integrity'.

That Inhumans movie is looking less likely

deadline.com/2016/11/the-inhumans-marvel-tv-series-abc-imax-2017-1201854503/

No, they wrote themselves into a creativity devoid corner.
They took their first stringers and race/sex lifted them.
Many other prominent characters were downright turned into villains.
Interesting characters with histories behind them were substituted and killed off in the name of diversity during the last vestiges of Obama's America.
You can't roll the clock back on that shit.
What fans they do still have would eat them the fuck alive.
They'd have to ease really really slow back into it.
But I don't think for a moment they'd have the balls to kill off or re-brand their blase diversity characters.
And many more.

I had an idea where the events of Civil War 1 are prevented and none of this crap ever happens. What do you guys think?

I guess this is okay? It ties in with Agents of Shield.

Just say it's another skrull invasion, problem solved

I think Perlmutter was the only one pushing for it, so it makes sense. If he can't make Feige do it, he'll just make some other lackey do it.

That's actually not the worst idea.

It's not perfect. Miles and Clithoris don't really work with it. But I think I'd have Riri know she's Skrull (aka woke) and have her lead the Skrull charge.

I was hoping Iron Maiden would catch on.

I think her official name is Iron Heart. Though I do like Iron Maiden better.

And soon, Inhuman direct-to-video

I hope you talk about comics. As long as they deliver Gwenpool fap material, who needs their comics anyway?

Iron Temp.

At least comic shops have Japanese mango to fall back on this time.

Iron Scab.

I just wanna see how they'll even be able to do Black Bolt or Medusa now. Someone like Karnak or Crystal would be easy. Everyone else would probably eat too much into their "budget".

Do you fucks every shut up? If Marvel movies are going to crash at some point in time, it will only be AFTER infinity wars, because they don't have any escalating threats or anything after that. Even then, I doubt it'll be anytime soon.

How meownificent

No surprise people would rather see demon girls, vampires and plant girls being sexualized than seeing SJW propaganda in comics.

To be fair, it's pretty damn easy to get on the best seller list on Amazon. Some guy did it by making a fake book about his foot and getting some buddies to pretend they bought it.

Every time I poke my head out to look for signs they're going to stop being retarded, it only gets worse.

heatst.com/politics/scandal-marvels-new-ms-marvel-uses-her-superpowers-to-get-hillary-clinton-elected/

If their retarded "when you piss off the fans you're doing something right" mantra was something they really believed, now would be when they turned around and went after the feminists hard, but they were lying through their fucking teeth when they said that shit. They just knew they were doing shit their audience didn't like because it appealed to their politics and they didn't give a fuck.

They could roll back and have the 12 people who read MarySue screaming for their death 24 hours a day making more noise than everyone who has hated their decisions for the past decade has, but they won't.

Going from first to last place isn't enough for them. They'll never admit they were wrong. They'll never admit no one likes their garbage. They'll never apologize to the audience. So long as the films continue to prop them up it's just going to continue getting dumber.

When the films finally start to fail they'll just start publishing reprints of the old material and toss in the progressive shit in collections and say "See? It's selling good!* (*Now that we're packing it in with stuff people actually liked..)"

Shit, forgot the second link. heatst.com/entertainment/marvel-cancels-ironheart-variant-cover-too-sexualized/