Serious depression discusion

how to deal with depression?

im tired of this mood swings. one day im fine, i have ambitions for the future and energy for daily activities. the next day im devoid of life and full of an irrational urge to just stop existing

i know this states are temporary and the bad feelings are going to fad away in some days but the knowing of this cycle playing itself over and over again in the future makes me wanna die even when im at my best

so how do you deal with depression my friends? do you have a sort of outlet? do you take something?

im planning in going to a psychologist for help and some drugs, but those are expesive right now

Other urls found in this thread:

raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-depression-aggression.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-disease-aging-inflammation.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/aging/tryptophan-serotonin-aging.shtml
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/theanine-may-treat-depression-in-humans.13216/
jdownloader.org/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2215036616300657
nature.com/nrn/journal/v11/n9/full/nrn2884.html
blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2017/05/01/psychedelic-drugs-depression/#.WWIQh2jyi00
asianjournalofpsychiatry.com/article/S1876-2018(16)30318-5/abstract
www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/newssummary/news_17-5-2016-10-42-14
theguardian.com/science/2016/may/17/magic-mushrooms-lift-severe-depression-in-clinical-trial
mckennite.com/articles/badtrip
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/depleting-serotonin-with-bcaa.2449/
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/375004
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/studies-on-thyroid-suppression-by-pufa.16251/#post-221747
raypeat.com/articles/articles/caffeine.shtml
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/caffeine-a-new-drug-for-depression-social-defeat.7309/
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/low-dose-allopregnanolone-induces-relief-from-depression-in-just-24-hours.17734/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26660117
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/aspirin-treats-depression-by-lowering-cortisol-and-inflammation.13415/
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/taurine-may-treat-depression-and-psychosis-in-humans.13146/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6222095
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/cyproheptadine-as-a-powerful-antidepressant.8058/
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/hypoglycemia-is-obesogenic-and-associated-with-depression.4586/
raypeat.com/articles/nutrition/carrageenan.shtml
bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-40448070/photographer-ryo-minemizu-finds-the-secret-world-of-plankton
raypeat.com/articles/articles/sugar-issues.shtml
raypeat.com/articles/articles/glycemia.shtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do it

I don't know. I just keep going to work and deal with it.

i tried magnesium supplements for a while. they put me on a good mood but the effect is not the same after a month.

now i only take them when i feel it coming

I usually just play video games, read, and listen to extremely jaded music to keep my mind off my loneliness.

yeah but this is a horrible way of living dont you think?

im not trying to push you to hero yourself, im looking for decent way of living with this

Start exercising if you can. Don't need weights if its too inconvenient. Pushups/situps/throw some canned items or magazines in a backpack and squat that shit. Then move up to weights if you keep at it long enough.

It is, but life sucks and then you die. I already resigned myself to that understanding.

I tried doing push ups, but I was using the incorrect posture and now my arm and shoulder are in fucking pain all the time. I shouldn't have even bothered. I have a treadmill, though, maybe I can do that more often.

Drugs won't help you OP. They'll drug you and you'll become a retard. I know how you feel and there is no way out. Regular training diminishes the moodswings, meeting with friends has some sort of residual effect for a couple days and there is only so much times you can drink alcohol before getting bored being drunk. Talking to or stalking people in your life or the internet seems to be also a temporary fix as you can be happy that someone else is happier than you even if they don't really know you exist. Video games get boring and eventually you kind of grow out of them. Killing yourself is not preferable either because even though you cringe at your past and have a lot of self-resentment, you still have things going for you and you seek closure by seeing them through. Sometimes you remember the better times you had by browsing your chan folder or old pics you have lying around from your past, that helps a bit. I can't tell you whether having a girlfriend helps because one day I hope to find out too.

I made snarky remarks when people told me that life peaks at high school, but little did I know that they meant social life and they were pretty much right.

I should also mention that I find it cathartic to speculate and wonder about how humanity will evolve (technologically wise), and the idea that I may live long enough to see it and experience it.

this helps

also start reading scriptures and going to church every sunday. i read my bible or book of mormon, and pray when things aren't going well and it helps quite a bit.

I was doing sprints 3 days a week and that was very helpful. then the local park (where i was going) closed

I know excercise can help. but right now i find it very hard just to wake up and get out of bed

Serotonin, depression, and aggression: The problem of brain energy
…
raypeat.com/articles/articles/serotonin-depression-aggression.shtml

Serotonin: Effects in disease, aging and inflammation

Tryptophan, serotonin, and aging

Theanine May Treat Depression In Humans
raypeatforum.com/community/threads/theanine-may-treat-depression-in-humans.13216/

Just start out light and gradually go harder. You can start out doing pushups on your knees to get used to the motion with minimal strain on your upper body. If you keep at it, it will make you feel better.

Don't swallow the psychology/meds meme, user. The side effects are worse than what you're already dealing with.

Best thing you can do is ride out the bad days. Seriously, just shrug and endure it. Someday, there will be effective therapies for stimulating relevant brain regions without drugs, but we're not there yet.

In the meantime, sometimes just putting your own misery into perspective compared to others who have it worse makes it a bit more bearable. But at the end of the day, suffering is suffering. Just grit your teeth and bear it.

you have my appreciation user. this looks very interesting. not sure if useful but interesting at least

I've been there before, and I've been healing up my body and mind since January with a number of different strategies. One of the first results I got was impulsively smiling for the first time in a month, so I see this information as not merely theoretical. I hope are able to recover. It's not only a mental illness but also a physical one. The brain is made of matter just as the body.

have you tried antidepressants? i have seen a couple of web development conferences (somehow mental issues is very present in that industry) and they were very supporting on using them and getting psychological help

thanks for the reply man.
care to share some strategies you have tried?

OP, the best thing you can do is improve your diet. Proper nutrition and avoiding junk food as well as getting some exercise are key to beating depression. If you drink soda pop, give it up. If you eat processed food, switch to healthier foods, especially fruits. Also eat fish, ocean fish. Give this a try for two weeks and I guarantee you will find your depression fading away.

Nice trips.

Yes, I have, a variety of them and they all were shit. Same for psychological "counseling" given by feminists who couldn't cut it in a STEM field but were savvy enough not to throw their education dollars away on a womens' studies degree.

But I won't hard sell you away from either option. If you want to learn the hard way, go right ahead. But keep in mind, if there was some magic happy pill everyone in the world would be taking it. I used to think there was an easy "cure" for this, but I learned there isn't. Not yet anyway. Coping skills are needed for life in general and, if anything, coping with depression makes everything else seem like a walk in the park.

I know three people who were on various sorts of psychoactive drugs. One was ritalin, two were few of these many antidepressants you mention. Ritalin made an overactive 16 year old friend of mine zombie-like and he was just not himself anymore. After two years of watching him be either a zombie or someone else than I knew after which I just cut all contact because I had enough of hit and run probing old friendship. It grew ever more apparent that he was just someone else and it probably started with ritalin. Antidepressants on the other hand make you a junkie. My friend was taking anti depressants because he had hard time coping and sleeping in college due to high stress. Now, not full two years after, he dropped out because he started taking more than he was prescribed and when he stopped taking prescriptions he started doing shitty codeine or opiates and stuff like that. Last case is ongoing, but the guy is just drugged when he's taking them and it's obvious. Sometimes you ask him "So, what do you think about problem X?" And he's usually avoiding confrontation. Dealing with people on antidepressants is like dealing with people high on weed when you're sober. It's just frustrating. Do it if you want to, but you'll turn into a junkie sooner or later. Or they'll just fry your brain, whichever comes first.

What's your life situation like? Do you have any money saved away?

It's possible what's really got you down is life in the 9-5 matrix. Maybe you need a break from it, or to escape it entirely. There are ways out but they aren't exactly advertised on (((television))). You have to seek them out.

You can go to Peru and drink ayahuasca, or go do work exchanges on farms for room and board. Meet traveler folk, have adventures and such.

It's difficult to avoid leftists on such adventures but I suppose they're just everywhere nowadays. Beats wagecucking by a longshot.

Or if you're needs are modest, you can apply for NEETbux.

yeah, don't do this if you're dealing with mental issues

I work out, I started 3 months ago and its done wonders for not only my health but my state of mind. When you are pumping iron and doing crunches, you ain't worried about "man life sucks" you're just focused on the task in front of you. I used to drink a lot more, but I got in control of that by watching what I drink and focusing on getting in good physical health, drinking beer hurts your gut and adds excess carbs. A run on the treadmill isn't comfy but you feel great after you do it.
You ever have those days when you just feel unmotivated and groggy? Sitting in front of a computer does not help, that's why you grab a friend and go to the local gym. Its an acquired habit but a great one. My skinnyfat body now looks more filled out than before.

Caffeine helps, I drink 1 to 2 cups of coffee a day, but do not drink in evenings or night if you have work the next day. I go to work and picked up vaping. Its fucking gay and yes, I do look like I'm blowing a detached robot penis all the time but its better for you than smoking and helps with the nerves. Also its a plus that you don't smell like smoke.

Spend more time with people too, go to a bar with a friend.
You've got to have somebody.

boi, i remember having this since i was like 10. it just get worst every year.

i kinda stopped going to college this year. i thought that without the stress i could get myself together during this period. its not working. im looking for help right now

you don't belong here

This isn't /v9k/ faggot.

college is a scam. it wasn't always that way, but it is now.

get a hobby. any hobby that takes you out of your house. if you have bad days and don't engage in it, that's ok, it's part of the illness. the biggest thing you can do about depression is
STOP BLAMING YOURSELF

fuck this happens to me too sempai

i honestly dont have the will power to go exercise outside or in the gym anymore (thanks social anxiety). but maybe i can invest on a stationary bike

i have some friends to hang around but i never know what to talk about. usually i am the one getting invited

vaping is gay indeed

yeah i get that. i realized that myself after watching other people explaining what depression is.

i have watch many TED talks about the subject but i have related the most with this guy:

well i was going to link to a video titled "Depression | Mumkey's Anime Reviews #41" but it has been taken down. what a shame

that's why you need jew downloader
jdownloader.org/

OP are you located in Europe? I am doing psilocybin psychotherapy.

I am trying to find a good source of O-Acetylpsilocin since psilocin is illegal due to some retarded policy in a treaty usa forced everyone to sign in the 70s.

There are a few analogs but Acetylpsilocin metabolizes into the same metabolite that psilopsybin does so you can expect very if not the same effects. Using something unknown with different effects won't really work for what I am intending on using it for.

I am using it for psychotherapy for treatment resistant depression, anxiety and OCD in people. It is a partial agonist for 5-HT receptors its effect works by decreasing blood flow( this sounds bad but it does not harm and has a really high LD50 to active dose ) to posterior cingulate cortex and medial prefrontal cortex. What this causes the brain to do is to create new neural pathways allowing the person to think in new ways and also experience something called ego death.

In this state they can reflect on what there issues are in a very objective way and also have a change of perception of things. This helps people who are stuck in loops of negativity or have a disorder like OCD the positive effect are long term.

Anyway Yeah so I am trying to find analog with almost identical effects to use. Hopefully people won't abuse it recreationally and ruin the medicinal use.

Lucky due to Shulgin work all the synthesises for most psychoactive analogs of psilocin are in his book TiHKAL.

SSRI are very primative in my opinion a lot also have neurotoxicity in the long term. They work by increasing serotonin in the brain where as psilocin is like a very strong cognitive behavioral therapy session and biochemically it creates new neuropathways e.g new ways of thinking and can completely change someone's outlook on a problem or disruptive behaviour.

Peer reviewed studies
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2215036616300657
nature.com/nrn/journal/v11/n9/full/nrn2884.html
blogs.discovermagazine.com/d-brief/2017/05/01/psychedelic-drugs-depression/#.WWIQh2jyi00
asianjournalofpsychiatry.com/article/S1876-2018(16)30318-5/abstract
www3.imperial.ac.uk/newsandeventspggrp/imperialcollege/newssummary/news_17-5-2016-10-42-14

Mainstream news
theguardian.com/science/2016/may/17/magic-mushrooms-lift-severe-depression-in-clinical-trial

I drink a lot of urine, but it only works if you are a pedo aryan.

That ain't apple juice

I also offer treatment with MAOIs ( Syrian Rue ) if diet restrictions are issue I can try with 5-Hydroxytryptophan ( SSRI approach ) if you use MAOI you can still conduct the psilocybin psychotherapy sessions however it will carry more risks and a low dose will need to be given.

Normally I only prescribe natural MAOI or SSRI if someone relapse into depression to shortly after psilocybin psychotherapy.

But I guarantee I can cure your depression if I can't with these therapies it might be organic brain damage or something major causing the depression.

Woopsie

oh man, im on other world.
pic related will give you an idea

The biggest flaw with this approach is that you always play Russian Roulette with the type of experience you're going to have. Even very experienced users have bad trips. In fact, the Godfather of psychedelics, Terrence McKenna had a harrowing experience that he barely was able to cope with it and he slowed down his usage greatly after that:
mckennite.com/articles/badtrip
As with any other drug being touted as a "cure" - it actually isn't. There are no "one size fits all" solutions with drugs or any other therapy approach. Life is rough and there's no cure or "easy mode" you can escape to.

BTW, Terrence McKenna lectures (on JewTube) are great to listen to and contemplate, even when you're stone cold sober. Great thinker, died too young.

Drugs are degenerate. Activate your DNA template light body pineal gland DMT release with extended urine fasting. People don't even know the instruction manual to the Human body just LOL at these degenerates.

It isn't so much actually about the "trip" though you always learn something about yourself and have some insight even if it is a "bad trip" but this treatment isn't just based on the psychological effects but also the neurological effects on the brain.

It helps to break down deep set neural pathways and create new ones. Its best described as a attuide and outlook reset. After the psychotherapy session its good to start creating potestative pathways by doing stuff like running and getting out of the house.

High doses of psilopsybin leads to personality changes and almost always in a potestative way.

Only 1 / 5 trips are "bad" but almost none are in the right setting anyway.

But like I said this treatment isn't strictly psychological it is neurological as well.

I don't believe in freudian bullshit.

When i was a teen i pushed myself deeper and deeper into it, to see how far was the bottom of the barrel and if i could reach it.
I used to have tons of unwanted toughts, the ones that remind you of your life's failures.
After a while i realized those voices weren't me, they were just mimicking my voice.
Truth is i was…partially right.
These voices come from your subconscious, and since that's a part of you, it can be trained to reason, within limits.
If you spend time explaining to your voices why you don't think they are right, they will eventually learn your point of view, and while they probably won't share it, you'll stop getting nonsensical insults in the mix.
Or maybe i just went insane, lel.

Also as much as I like the guy he is not a medical professional and nobody should take his pseudoscience as fact.

"bad" trips do not hinder the positive effects on the brain.

Well, at the very least, if OP tries it, then it's really important to have a very experienced (hopefully older) minder who can talk them down if they start freaking out.

This is a really cool book cover I just saw for the first time so I have to share it.

Just to add as well Shulgin words shouldn't be take as fact to the man is a chemist not a psychiatrist or psychologist.

I do not subscribe to the whole "Mushroom god" magical thinking a lot involved do.

It needs to be conducted with a professional in a professional environment.

Most people need more then one session and sometimes a MAOI or SSRI follow up after the psilocybin psychotherapy session have conconcluded.

That is why I asked if he was in europe. I provide such service.

taking note. im going to listen to this guy lectures carefully

Maybe you're insane… because you're right.

Is it scary that we have a voice inside our head aside from our own?
I met him on several occasions, thanks to my psychosis.

some times i think the "voices" is just my mind trying to make sense out the the bad feelings caused by depression.

similar to when you become scared for x reason and then suddenly you begin see faces in the dark

that "voice" was implanted by culture (i.e. language).

you have since forgotten, but when you were an infant your thinking was nonverbal, which was much purer and more primal and peaceful when you weren't hungry or had shit in your diapers

culture makes everyone neurotic

Do you want to hear about something out of an LSD trip?

yeah, don't try to rationalize your depression. that's like trying to rationalize cancer.

it's physical. yeah, it's true that there are legitimately negative things which happen in life and that's what the depressed mind grabs on to, like "aha! that's why i'm depressed, because x happened" when, in fact, it's just an electro-chemical imbalance in the brain.

sure. why not?

I stopped eating excessive polyunsaturated fats for many reasons, but in your case, it is especially relevant that they increase serotonin levels. [1] This entailed no longer eating vegetable oils, fatty fish, tree nuts, and most seeds. I stopped eating unbalanced tryptophan sources excessively - that is a source of tryptophan, such as muscle meat, that either does not have a high calcium to phosphorus ratio (Milk has a high calcium ratio that stears tryptophan conversion towards niacin rather than serotonin.) or has few competing amino acids such as glycine from gelatin. [2] I now frequently add hydrolyzed bovine collagen (gelatin) to foods high in tryptophan to prevent as much tryptophan from getting into brain cells. I do things to improve thyroid function now, such as eating plenty of sugar from fruit and milk sources. This is important for you, because hypothyroidism is a factor in depression. [3] Continuing to eat the polyunsaturated fats will inhibit the thyroid, however. [4] I feel like I'm forgetting something, so I will link you to a thread I made on /fit/: >>>/fit/116677

Random list of things that may or may not help:
caffeine/coffee [5]
allopregnanolone [6]
creatine monohydrate [7] (Cheap and safe!)
aspirin [8]
taurine [9]
methylene blue [10]
cyproheptadine [11]
sugar and ice cream [12] I eat ice cream without carrageenan [13] every night.

I may have squeezed too much into a small space, so I will gladly elaborate on or further support anything you bring to my attention.

…

raypeatforum.com/community/threads/depleting-serotonin-with-bcaa.2449/

Hypothyroidism and Depression
jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/375004

4. raypeatforum.com/community/threads/studies-on-thyroid-suppression-by-pufa.16251/#post-221747

raypeat.com/articles/articles/caffeine.shtml

raypeatforum.com/community/threads/caffeine-a-new-drug-for-depression-social-defeat.7309/

6. raypeatforum.com/community/threads/low-dose-allopregnanolone-induces-relief-from-depression-in-just-24-hours.17734/

Creatine, Similar to Ketamine, Counteracts Depressive-Like Behavior Induced by Corticosterone via PI3K/Akt/mTOR Pathway.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26660117

8. raypeatforum.com/community/threads/aspirin-treats-depression-by-lowering-cortisol-and-inflammation.13415/

9. raypeatforum.com/community/threads/taurine-may-treat-depression-and-psychosis-in-humans.13146/

Methylene blue. A possible treatment for manic depressive psychosis.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6222095

11. raypeatforum.com/community/threads/cyproheptadine-as-a-powerful-antidepressant.8058/

12. raypeatforum.com/community/threads/hypoglycemia-is-obesogenic-and-associated-with-depression.4586/

13. raypeat.com/articles/nutrition/carrageenan.shtml

Well if you are in south American you can get very simlar therapy from a traditional shaman using ayahuasca.

Some people actual prefer a more "natural" or "traditional" approach but is fundamentally the same.

Can you degenerates just stfu?

This is why I'm waiting for my super intelligent AI waifu. Your regime is too much work for me and I'll never take the time to figure out the optimal diet, though I do respect that approach, because, like drugs, food are just chemicals.

I used to have lots of psychosis in my teens. With training i managed to get in touch with that side of me, and made them stop being violent outlets of pent up feelings, wanting to focus more on self exploration. One time, i landed in a very dark and silent place, the air was still, and nothing was around bar this black pillar, getting bigger the more it went upwards, only visible for its faint shining.
Down there i didn't know what to do to provoke a reaction out of that place, so i tried with basic human emotions, starting with anger, which resulted in a neon red goldfish with very long and wavy fins, floating in the air like it was swimming. Sadness and fear produced similar results, with colors and figures.
The interesting bit was looking at myself while i was down there, cause without noticing, my brain was flashing blue with lightning sparking out of it, and as soon as i pointed that out the sparks flew in all directions, tying up to the distant walls up in that darkness, connecting tought to tought, and so i realized.
Human tought is nothing but primal emotion, filtered through centuries, even millenia of evolution (our multi layered brain is a living proof of that). That place i saw in a psychosis was the visual representation of the root of both tought and emotion.

this is great user, thanks

It's complicated because you're viewing many things at once. Beginners can get far with:
1. frequent orange juice
2. milk
3. 1 tablespoon of coconut oil a day
4. beginning to limit polyunsaturated fat intake and unbalanced tryptophan sources

Not saying you can live off orange juice and milk, but if you make baby steps, like replacing or adding calories from these sources it can help until you make the next step. As I continue to improve my metabolic rate through such dietary changes and various supplements, I find my brain is more alert and handles the complexity more easily. You might need to depend on coffee (Always add sugar to it!) until your thyroid starts kicking again.

Such aaaaas?

you need to convert those experiences and insight into art

spooky

just an hero if you cant deal with it, faggot

I tried and i don't see any reason to keep trying.
When i have something i want immortalized i can't possibly have the skills to make it into anything because it's usually detailed to the pixel and i would just butcher it to "fit it" on paper.
And when i have something it's not worth immortalizing what is the fucking point of even drawing it?
Here, have an abort i shat out in the past.

Because if you keep working at it, you will develop better styles and techniques to articulate what you're trying to express. Sometimes, less is more.

Your art reminds me of this guy's work
bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-40448070/photographer-ryo-minemizu-finds-the-secret-world-of-plankton

I don't know user.
Part of me realizes these psychosis share traits with dreams, and i KNOW i can't fit it on paper.
I only know about the toughts and feelings that went into a psychosis in the moment I'm having it, and "immortalizing" it in any way, means overwriting my memory with the creation i made of it, which lacks feeling, sound and motion, and is only a still picture.
In a way, i'd be killing a tiny part of myself like that, and even if that part is gonna get forgotten anyway, i'd rather it to offing it myself and practicing taxidermy on its corpse.

not first time for me.

i experimented with various ratios of carbo/fat/protein. it seams that my body works good with 50% carbs 30% protein and 20% fat and very limited sugar and processed food. I lost like 20 kilos now i have regained that weight.

i haven't gone deep into studying hormones like the ones you mention. only the popular ones like insulin and cortisol.

its going to be a pain in the as to start again but reading this stuff that is new to me looks like can be motivating

Polyunsaturated fats are in things like vegetable oil (think sunflower, canola, soybean, safflower, cottonseed, peanut oil, etc), fatty fish, tree nuts, and seeds. Unbalanced tryptophan sources are protein sources without a high calcium to phosphorus ratio or those lacking competing amino acids, so milk is okay because of the calcium, and steak by itself is not good to have frequently as it is a muscle meat lacking something to balance the tryptophan content. I'm not at all against eating meat, you just have to understand that different parts of the animal have different amino acid profiles. So now I try my best to add gelatin (which is from the hide or bones) to things like a roast beef sandwich or grilled chicken to limit damage done by excessive tryptophan intake. I average 1-2 tablespoons of hydrolyzed bovine collagen (gelatin) a day. If I had limited access to gelatin, I might consider making the main sources of protein to be dairy and potatoes. Gelatin sourced from animal hide is best, because animals store lead in their bones, btw.

I'll give you a little more than you asked for, please forgive my wall of text. I was extremely depressed for most of my life, and developed anxiety due to getting raped pretty regualrly for about a year and a half between ages 5 and 6, being isloated and having a shit family. I went to a pyschologist when I was around 8 or 9, but all I remeber from the experince amounted to "just bee urself" tier nonsense and telling my parents to drug me up. In high school I did drugs almost every day just so that I wouldn't have to feel anything at all, which was preferable to what I did feel. The only interaction I did outside of school during that time was selling drugs. Other than that I'd heard that psychedialics could help with depression, anxeity and whatnot so I tried that too, however I really only got visual tricks and really dumb halucinations, but that sort of thing changes from person to person I understand. Drugs didn't really help much at all it just transfered all the negative feelings to a time slightly down the road, and they'd come on even harder combined with puking and headaches and all manner of other nasty things. Then when I was around 17 I fixed my diet, started listening to really edgy music, lifting (didn't go to the gym because of anxiety, but I bought some old weights off craigslist for cheap and put them into these reenforced milk crates I had. For a handle I scraped a metal bar and slid it through the hand hold position of the crates. When the weights became too light for me I bough some sacks and filled them with sand to make more weight. Calistenics are okay too, but I've really only ever enjoyed static holds.), running myself to exuastion, and engaging in other sorts of exercise, so that the physical strain would prevent my brain from constantly running about with thoughts I didn't want, something which had become so invasive I wouldn't be able to get to sleep for 2 or 3 days because of worrying. When I turned 18 I cut out all drugs including alchol and caffine. While not a otherworldy improvement on my mental and physical health it brought me to a realization, that being that the mental pleasure is far superior to the physical. Ever wonder how those vegan faggots can eat nothing but shitty rabbit food and still be so damn smug? It's because they derive a mental pleasure from considering themselves superior to others, or to their past selves. Well with that hypothesis I decided that I would choose something that befit my character to bring myself some simliar mental pleasure, which I found in my attempts to better the power of my will through the exercise thereof. But even so I was still really motovationless, I found no joy in hobbies, no close friedns, no lover, no real family, ect. And so I tried to channel my depression into some sort of productive force. I was miserbly unsucessful at first, but with time gained some small success by channeling my sadness into anger, which I can easily find motivating. Now I feel just a sort of shallow malise, and instead of wanting to kill myself I've been looking into trying to find a way to die with some honor. Currently I'm trying to work on falling asleep without a distraction, and the only thing that really bothers me is the fact that I can't have kids due to being fucked in the head, and that I am quite lonely. As edgy as it sounds I just try to live like I was killed all those years ago and am just walking around the earth until I better myself enough to be granted the privilege of leaving it.

It was supposed to be a slender metal snake with a cow skull for a head, flying in a wormhole sorta.
Again, not one of my best moments.
I wish i could draw the farmer one day, i could describe it to you guys!

I get it. Have fun in your own private mad scientist's laboratory then

my eating regimen is just to eat whenever i feel hungry, any time of day or night, and just enough to feel satisfied. i tend to eat two modest meals per 24 hours and maintain a good steady weight and balanced energy level except when the depression strikes, then nothing i eat or don't eat makes any difference

proceed

raypeat.com/articles/articles/sugar-issues.shtml

raypeat.com/articles/articles/glycemia.shtml

I encourage you to try eating plenty of sugar from "whole food" sources such as fruit/fruit juice (orange juice is simplest) and milk. Supplemental sugar onto other foods is a good idea if they are lacking enough carbs. If I had plain milk as a snack, I would normally add sucrose or honey to it in order to increase the carb to protein ratio. The sugar is not fattening, but rather dietary fat is fattening.

I'm not trying to minimize your fucked up background, but did you ever consider maybe volunteering in a setting where you could counsel abused children? You would be able to relate to them and they'd find comfort and inspiration from you, knowing that you survived and are functioning in society. Helping them might put your own suffering into perspective and give your life a sense of purpose and meaning. I imagine the mental pleasure from doing that kind of work would be phenomenal too.

It's been so long i barely have any memory of it, but here goes.
I found myself in this very dark place, as gigantic thumps could be heard all around me, and i couldn't see anything just yet.
As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, i oriented myself. I was floating about a mile high from the ground, and i was in between two colossal cows, their ass as tall as i was, huffing in anger and stomping their feet making the earth tremble. I was inside a fence for these giant cows, and there were dozens lined up just like you'd expect in any normal farm, if not for the titanic sizes of them and the weird darkness.
As i was there i started wondering if they were stomping because of hunger, that's when, looking up, i saw something slender towering all of us. A mangled creature, with its skin holed and stretched over his face, like a weird blanket forming lots of wrinkles everywhere. Blue burning eyes occasionally peeking from the dozen holes its skin had, looking more like stretched out ear lobes than actual eye sockets, it scouted it's surroundings.
Lifting a bag, it slid a hand with about twenty fingers in it. The fingers, looking like crooked tree branches and arching in a very wide hook shape, grabbed somehow hold of a lot of powdered grain, to then toss it at the cows to pacify them, in slow and precise movements.
In all of this i was so small i often lost track of my own body.
I apologize if i made this hard to read, my eyes are barely holding on at this moment.

I don't know how one would go about that. I suppose I could help, but I'd only ever really be able to give any advice to boys 11 and up, seeing as I don't know how one talks to children in a way they could understand, and the probelms boys deal with from rape are far diffrent from girls. Also I'd never want anyone in real life to know I got raped as a kid unless I was dating them.

A lot of abused kids obviously come from fucked up and broken families. A professional counselor could let them know privately that you have a background similar to theirs. It's not like you have to give them some kind of profound wisdom, you could just hang out with them and interact with them in a normal way which is something they probably want. To feel normal with someone who is like them.

Recently, I had a health issue that put me into a hospital waiting for surgery. Luckily, I had someone with me that I cared about and respected. I was in my hospital gown waiting to get knocked out and was just rambling about different stupid topics to this person, but it gave me a lot of support having someone just be with me to listen.

You could just contact some kind of social services agency and ask them how you might volunteer.

Thanks.

That's intense. I'm sure at the time you didn't really want those experiences, but I actually wish I could take little trips like that without having to deal with drugs or a mental condition I can't control. I guess just enjoy the ride, user

I only had unwanted psychosis three or four times in my life.
The other times it was me provoking them.

If you like provoking that sort of thing, you should look into Tibetan Buddhism

I'll decline.
I saw more in five years of these psychosis than any of these religion fanatics will see in their lifetime full of delusions of seeing a greater power making contact with them.

I'm not religious either, but the cool thing about Buddhism is that they realize that it's all an illusion. They work with it to help see through the emptiness of phenomena. I see it more as a philosophy of mind, than a religion, but if it turns you off, then yeah, just do what you want to do.

just accept that one day you will be dead and it does not matter what you do in life as long as you enjoyed it during the moment you did it.
Beeing happy is about not giving a shit about things you cannot change

Fuck if I know. I just get drunk a lot lately tbh. It doesn't actually fix anything, but at least it's a good time at the time. Maybe I'd try some other drugs if I actually talked to people and had a social life, I dunno.

Jordan B Peterson

have been doing it for 10 years and I still feel suicidal

I have been in this state since April and it does not seem like it will go away any time soon. I am mentally preparing for suicide which will be in about 3 years from now. Your only hope is to become a normalfag (an ingnorant sheep devoid of introspective capabilities who has a job, his own place a girl and a car).

It's not just depression, it's a clusterfuck of failures in life that crave in your sub- and consciousnes. Some anons take medications, other try to solve the inner cores of their problems - go socialise - and fail miserably.

I have same shit so i try to disctact myself with anime, games, music and some imageboards, but sometimes my depression gets only worse because of some microtrigger in my hobby. I think I will just go and die one day. Probably being hit by a car, because too pussy to do it myself.
I hope you will live the rest of your life better than me.

Sorry user, this is pretty much bullshit. It will help with depression only if you distract your ass counting calories, vitamins, protein, carbohydrates, finding same food on lower price in markets, planning how you will eat 5 times small dishes this day. I live like this for about 5 years already and I feel this shit made me more depressed in the end.

I exercised for about 7 years, but seeing that all those plans, programs, diet, money that I spent on gym gave me fucking nothing, I cringe and want to snap my neck

Pick up some new hobbies

Currently trying to write a book, was going to do it sooner but a friend of mine was enabling my horrible decisions since last year. I had to scrap the book and redo it similarly (I don't want to give her the satisfaction that "she helped me" write it while being a dick).

Giant actually medium sized mechas confirmed :^3

Fuck, just read your last 3 paragraphs… Go to the gym and let your autism make a habit of going there

Forgot to ask, what state do you live in? Depending on the state you can make a company for fun (less than 50 dollars) and see what you do.

I get free prime on Amazon and discounts in construction materials/transportation :^3

I don't think you have depression, you sound like you have rapid cycling bipolar II.
As for how to deal with it, an interest to numb yourself out with and plenty of sleep.
Always remind yourself of how quickly these phases pass so you don't an hero.

I forced to manage my stress very carefully. You do a little bit more stuff, than you can, and you fucked on tomorrow with all this suicidal stuff. This makes life a lot harder, but at least i managed to reduce mood swings.
Also, when you want to break your head, going to sleep helps a lot, and i found meditation somehow calming.
And i can't get why in this threads always half of answers is JUST DO GYM BROOO. It never helped anyone with depression and will never help. I found it so annoying to read this push-ups lists and training schedules for fucking years.

What helped me for a little while before I relapsed
The whole /fit/ness element of this is to raise self esteem
Basically, try to be a normie

I've suffered with depression for 20 years, and as of a few years ago found out I have clinically diagnosed Post traumatic Stress disorder.

It takes a lot to face the day but I force myself up and out of bed to get even small things done like cleaning my kitchen or my room. This might sound like the typical DUDE WEED LMAO answer, but I also smoke a pretty large amount of weed every few days or so to help calm my nerves and put me to sleep when the insomnia hits. It hurts, and the mood swings, and flash fire hostility that comes from my fucked up brain are a bitch, but you ""HAVE TO"" soldier through. You have to remind yourself every day that ""YOU"" are in control and not the depression.

If things get overwhelming, step outside and breath. Just breath. Deep, slow, long breaths, and you'll start feeling better in a few minutes. If that doesn't work, exercise or try talking to someone close to you.

gay sex

You can do yoga and meditation at home.

raw with no lube is the only alpha way to buttfuck or BE buttfucked.

I seemed to have missed that part of Ray's articles. But interestingly, I noticed that when I consume just caffeine (lack coffee, green tea), I feel jittery and agitated and overall more stressed. But then I noticed that when I consume caffeine with added sugar (local pho place serves a sweet green tea boba drink) I tend to just feel better and more alert without the stress or agitation.

I should try adding some sugar to my green tea to see if that works also.

I worked through depression in high school while taking higher level classes, and this method helped me push through with passing grades. If you have the patience and the capacity, you can try this every now and then if you wish.

Take a look and analyze parts of your life; things like your routine in starting your day, your habits in life, entertainment, responsibilities, etc. Of the things you think of, make note of aspects of them that contribute or take away from your happiness. It literally can be as small as whether or not a window in your home is open or closed during different times of day, or how the fabric of your sheets feels against your skin. For me I found I really enjoy the feeling of wind against my skin, so I drove home from school every day with my windows down. Basically, make minute changes that improve your chances of being happier.

I've found that factors as small as these unconsciously contributed to my happiness, and over time I've worked on removing/changing/stopping things that take from my happiness, and started doing things that contributed to it. Another thing I found was the more responsibility I took on, the happier I became - but that could have just been for my case alone.

Your perspective on life also greatly determines whether or not you'll find happiness. If you have a cynical and defeatist outlook on life, your mood is going to reflect that. You will only have eyes for the things in life that supports your nihilist views, and simply holding those beliefs will keep you from being happy. Those are not the only perspectives that will make you depressed.

drugs are the best way though. theres alot of over the counter and legal drugs that can really help out in NA.

You cant deal with depression if you actually have it and arent just sad

kys

Bump