Tell me the most traumatic/awful/intense thing that's ever happened to you and I'll tell you your superpower

Tell me the most traumatic/awful/intense thing that's ever happened to you and I'll tell you your superpower.

Realized that i will never be able to fulfill many of the big dreams i had when i was younger. What do i get?

I got datamined on Holla Forums

I was beaten with a 2x4

You can become intangible with the ability to choose what you will and won't phase through (so you don't just slip through the ground); you phase through anything by default. You can also extend the intangibility to anything you're in direct physical contact with, but not living things. You can quickly and easily shift at will between tangible and intangible states. Phasing through another person will grant you perfect understanding of everything they know, but it fades rapidly, like a dream. The more you phase through them, the longer it lasts - swiping a hand through them might let you remember clearly for only a few seconds with the info totally gone in 30 seconds, while walking right through them would leave the info fresh in your mind for a solid minute before fading over the course of about five minutes. You can refresh the memory by phasing through them again. You can phase through multiple people and get all of their knowledge - don't worry, the power passively enhances your mind to let you process it all normally.
Classification: Breaker 5, Thinker 4

You have an advanced grasp of technology and engineering, with a specialization in safety and security systems. You're capable of creating security systems far beyond human technology - the bigger and more valuable and/or dangerous the thing you're protecting, the better your tech will be. Although large-scale systems are where you truly excel, it's not all you're good at - you've also got a knack for field gadgets meant for containing and transporting sensitive cargo - and dangerous people. Maybe a grenade that explodes into a containment field, or a rig that expands into a secure safe room wherever you are. The power is specialized for keeping people out, but it's pretty good at keeping them in too. You can use your imagination, but your machines can't be mass produced. They require maintenance, and only you're capable of doing the upkeep.
Classification: Tinker 3

You have greatly enhanced strength, enough to lift multiple tons, and improved durability. You can focus on a single target in your sight to gradually gain further increased resistance to anything they do. In addition, the longer you stay focused on this target, the less perceptible you are to anyone else. Getting hurt by outside forces, losing sight of your target, or otherwise becoming distracted can hurt your focus and diminish your imperceptibility. If you can stay focused on someone for about five minutes, you'll be utterly imperceptible to everyone but them and completely immune to any attack they try. Even as your target yells for help to his teammates who've been briefed about your power, the teammates' eyes will skate right over you and information about you will totally slip your mind. You're not invisible, but no one nearby besides your target can realize that you exist for as long as you stay focused on that target, who you're free to punch to pieces.
Classification: Brute/Stranger 7

information about you will slip their minds*

My parents systematically did their best to traumatize me throughout my entire childhood because they were afraid of my above average intelligence (I was born in a family of fucking degenerates). I was humiliated and beaten regularly and my childhood was pretty much just suffering mental and physical pain. This left with me with an incredibly low self esteem and some severe developmental and emotional issues I struggle with to this day.

Orally dickraped.

I already know my superpower, but you'll still presume I'm sure.

I was presented with the once in a lifetime opportunity to fug my younger sister and mend some decade-old wounds between us. I turned her down out of sheer cowardice, and now she's walked out of my life entirely, probably for good this time.

good. what a slut.

You're capable of darting into people as a barely-perceptible dark blue shadow and possessing them from up to 15 feet away, as well as influencing everyone nearby to attack your current host. The influence becomes stronger the longer you've been in a person. Specifically, the influence encourages people to attack the host, not you as a part of the host - it takes some mental fortitude to realize the source of the compulsion. The influence lingers after you leave a host but quickly fades, fading even faster if you go right to someone else. You have full control over the body of whoever you possess, including powers. Although your real body inherits none of the damage dealt to the host, you feel all their pain until you leave. You can quickly move between hosts without stopping at your human form, although if you spend too long (>1hr) outside of his base form, you start to lose lucidity.

Hiking with my family as a kid and had heat stroke and got sick and shit myself in front of everyone, had to be drove out and my dad had to clean up my shitty ass

whats my power?

A douchebag kid started fucking with me while I was riding the bus home, and the entire bus joined in with him and encouraged him. Needless to say, the entire bus was laughing at me while he was insulting me and throwing spitballs. I got up and punched him, and then we were fighting until it was broken up by the bus driver.

With a touch, you can blast yourself and anything/anyone you touch away in opposite directions, at an angle you choose. The amount of momentum in the blast is always the same, so the way you and the thing you touch get launched depends on the difference in mass between you and your target. Use your power on a person with roughly your mass, and you'll be sent flying away from each other at roughly equal speeds. Use it on a marble, and it will shoot away from you faster than a rifle bullet, but you'll barely feel a push. Use it on a building, and the building won't budge, but you'll be sent flying faster than a rifle bullet. A secondary power gives you a minor boost to your durability that gets more potent the faster you're moving, allowing you to casually act out of the otherwise-dangerous impacts that you'll be putting yourself through.
Classification: Striker/Mover 4, Brute 1

You can summon up to three autonomous phantom duplicates of yourself (they look like you, but flickering and translucent, with darkened colors) that are in tune with your thoughts, doing whatever it is you want them to. They're as intelligent as you are, but have no sense of will outside of what you want them to do, meaning you can assign complex tasks to them, but they'll never think for themselves in a way that might impede your control. The duplicates have increased strength, speed, and durability. You know it when they're killed but feel nothing, and you can easily resummon them at your side after they die or at any time - as a result, they fight with reckless abandon, knowing no fear. Your knowledge is constantly updated if they learn new things, including skills - any fighting they do works into your mind as practice, which only makes both you and them permanently better. This also means that if all three practice anything, you can pick up skills three times faster, four times if you do so as well. They can exist at any distance from you, but can only be summoned at your immediate location. In addition, it's mentally taxing to command them for too long, and keeping them active for days on end could cause migraines.
Classification: Master 7, Thinker 2

Depression.

I shot a man.

Did you now?
Tell us the story, user.

Damnit Zimmerman go back to twitter.

I shot the guy who got a close friend of mine on drugs. It was in self defense, but I won't go into details.

The scarey part to me isn't that I shot him. Its that I shot him and I don't feel anything at all. It was nothing to me.

Wait, your buddy was high, or the dude was?
Did you have to go to court for it?
Eh, you didn't know him at all most likely, no time to develop feelings for the dude, if it was justified there's no reason to worry, i think that's normal.

At will, you can slip into a gap between realities, ceasing to exist in this universe. You're completely gone, utterly inaccessible, and all memories of you rapidly begin to fade as you stay nonexistent. While in the gap, things that have happened to you will rapidly undo themselves, refreshing you up to the point when you got your power - you're effectively immortal, as every time you go in the gap, you'll be reverted to the exact condition you were in when you got your power. In this state, you're capable of high-speed flight and movement through walls, but you're utterly unable to have any effect on the real world. You're nothing more than a spectator to our reality, instead of a participant. Time progresses normally while you're in this state. At any time, you can return to reality, and memories of you will rapidly return. You can bring items into the gap through direct physical contact, but not people, and there's a limit on the amount of mass you can take. You can rapidly switch between existing and not existing. If you're conscious and something happens that would kill you, your power will automatically activate.
Classification: Stranger/Breaker 8

He hooked my friend on drugs without my friend knowing what it was initially. Shit got out of control, fast.

Yes.

I hope.

what drugs did he get hooked on?

When I was 7-9 I used to hang out with some friends from down the street.

Occasionally they'd convince me to strip and the guy and his sister would give me a rimjob.

It felt pretty nice when they shoved their tongues in my butthole I have to be honest.

An alt-right pig farmer expat conned me into selling out my users.

Some sort of heroine derivative. Thats all I know.

One time, when I was giving a speech in public, I stuttered on a phrase, and then quickly caught myself and carried on as though nothing happened. I think everyone listening noticed

I had a seizure-induced lucid dream in which I saw the entire contents of my brain laid out as an uncountably numerous points of light, individual images, fluctuating and shining like TV static as I hung transfixed in the middle of an infinite and otherwise perfectly black void with gravity pulling me in every direction at once.

The intensity of the experience can't be overstated. I had PTSD symptoms around depictions of voids for years.

A dude came into my school and stabbed a teacher and took all of us hostage, I saw him get shot and killed by the police.

How's that traumatic? You got prime pick of your not only rare school stabbing, but you also saw the guy executed by police. You got gore AND hostage situation. What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking faggot? Do you know how many chicks would dig that?

I got bullied by some niggers in Highschool.

It wasn't traumatic, it was the most intense thing that's ever happened to me, if I could I would relive it in a heartbeat. Nothing traumatic has ever happened to me

that's not Zimmerman

did he died? and by the way, it's totally normal to feel nothing. ever went hunting? same shit. "killing humans makes a psycho" is a myth. maybe killing your dad/mom does, but i'm not a psychologist, i'm pulling this straight out of my ass.

I was beat up by a nigger in high school,in the middle of the street

a brown person looked at me and now i fear for my life

one time my mother unplugged my computer and told me to get a job right when i was in the middle of a game.

are you that same OP that made a thread of your drunk sister wanting to fuck you at a hotel before some wedding about 3 weeks ago?

Prepare yourself for a horrific yet suddenly-unexpected death via gay gang-rape.

lol loser.

lol, good one user

Hey, what's my superpower? You forgot about me, asshole.

Apologies.
You have the ability to summon and loosely control large (but limited) quantities of an otherworldly gaseous substance - about enough to fill a medium-sized two-story house. The gas is toxic, causing effects escalating from lightheadedness to coughing to seizures to heart failure - it kills after about ten minutes' worth of breathing. In addition, the gas scrambles perceptions across dimensions - anyone looking through the gas cannot perceive other living things at all, with the exception of a very vague sense of physical contact. This effect reaches through cameras if living things are watching, but doesn't work on robots or other constructs. Surrounding yourself with the gas effectively makes you invisible.
You alone are immune to the gas, both the poison and the perception-altering. The gas is invisible (though you can sense where it is) and odorless, although the symptoms are telling if people know them.
You have weak telekinetic control of the gas, allowing you to imprecisely move it from place to place, but it's slippery, like ice movement in games - it takes time to get really moving, and then it becomes very difficult to stop. The exception is when you initially summon the gas - you can project it about 100 feet from yourself with solid accuracy. You can banish any amount of gas at any time, allowing it to be resummoned.
Classification: Stranger/Shaker 7

You're strong enough to casually punch through thick concrete. Additionally, with physical contact, you can activate a power that surrounds people and objects with a powerful transparent energy that prevents all movement and makes them practically indestructible, like a perfectly form-fitting suit of totally unyielding armor. You can neutralize someone with a touch and throw them into a cage, or toss them in the air to land a devastating punch, or lift up a car by its side-view mirror and throw it like a tomahawk.
This energy is in you as well, but applies in localized areas to block incoming damage. The more damage you take in a given part of your body, the more energy comes out to meet it, the less mobile you are in that area for as long as you're being hit. This makes you almost impossible to kill, but sufficient damage output can lock you in place. This defensive power also has offensive utility, since punching a block of concrete to pieces won't destroy your hand.
Classification: Brute/Striker 5

Me an my friend fought in the street and he cracked my skull open and I broke his hands and fractured his clavical. He won.

im a 28yo khv who has never even hugged a girl directly

George Zimmernan? Darren Wilson? Michael Slager? Betty Shelby? Whoever you, eat a bowl of you white trash chickenshit cornfed cousin fucking faggot ass motherfucker.

*bowl of dicks

Have you even touched one?

I faked my death at a waterpark, scaring everyone. It was a pretty traumatic experience for me. Lifeguards jumped in and tried to rescue me, and they did.

Your cells can multiply in absurd bursts of speed, allowing you to create imprecisely-made, grotesquely huge constructs of your own flesh and bone. As you throw a punch, you can activate your power, and your arm rapidly grows to a train-sized torrent of heavily-muscled flesh that can easily tear down a house with one strike, the end vaguely resembling a giant fist. As an opponent flees in a helicopter, you cause a colossal spike of muscle and bone to erupt from your chest, reaching 2000 feet into the air in a matter of seconds and impaling the chopper. Your ribcage explodes into an apartment-sized dome of solid bone to save your teammates from a threat..or a stadium-sized dome to protect an entire city's population. You get shot, but the flesh regenerates right back, and as a bonus, an oversized tendril of muscle, skin, and bone attempts to crush the shooter's skull from a thousand feet away.
You have loose control over the general composition of these constructs - the choice between a bone spike or a muscle torrent - and they continue to exist for as long as you stay attached to them. You can detach painlessly at any time, at which point the constructs will begin to rapidly deteriorate, the matter they're composed of returning to the alternate universe from whence it came. For any construct that could conceivably function as an appendage, such as the overgrown arm, you have some control if you stay attached - you can swing it sideways to demolish a city block, but you won't be tying any knots. Using your power on a smaller scale isn't easy - the best you might do is producing a muscle construct that might be small and dexterous enough to carry a person (or ten) without tearing down nearby buildings. Your regeneration is nearly impossible to overwhelm, and the more you get hurt, the more weaponized excess flesh your body will produce - it's the one aspect of your power that you have no control over whatsoever.
Classification: Brute 9

You constantly glow an extremely bright white, to the point that it hurts to look at you. By focusing, you can make the light more tolerable, but at its absolute best it's like looking into an incandescent lightbulb - tolerable, but irritating and harmful if done enough. You can focus the light into a wide-angled shining spotlight that shines even more brightly, sufficient to temporarily blind someone from a mere glance - should they stare into it for an extended period, they might go blind for good. Using this spotlight doesn't reduce the intensity of your ambient light.
As you shine the light on a person, you gain increasingly detailed and far-reaching knowledge about their near future - right from the start, you have a loose idea of what they're about to do. "Attacks" becomes "punches high" becomes "aims a left-hand punch at your right eye" over the course of about ten minutes. This not only predicts their actions, but things that happen to them, and even some unconnected or far-away events if the person is a major catalyst. The precognition starts by looking into the immediate future, capping out at seeing about five minutes ahead by the end of the ten-minute buildup. As you become able to see further into their future, you're aware of everything that will happen within the time you can know and when it will happen - it feels like a series of sequential countdowns that you're just intrinsically aware of (your mind is empowered to casually handle dealing with the extra information, even in the midst of a fight). Although your spotlight is wide enough to blind a few people at once, you can only focus on one person at a time within it. However, if you change focus between two people in the spotlight, your precog continues building up without having to restart from scratch. Basically, you have a mental block on reading multiple futures at once because your mind can't handle it, but the spotlight collects knowledge on everyone in its reach.
Classification: Breaker 5, Thinker 6
By the way, I found this to be a supremely interesting concept for a trigger event to base a power on. It was a challenge to come up with, but I had a lot of fun writing it.

My aunt, uncle, grandpa and grandmother all died of mental illnesses while I was growing up and I'm starting to have symptoms of schizophrenia

I woke up in bondage, and was surprise buttsexed by my girlfriend a few of her friends with strapons

I had a crush on a girl all throughout middle school and we went to the same HS. When I got a car I finally got enough balls to start talking to her. She was talking back and seemed kind of interested in what I had to say. Not a relationship, but getting there I guess. It was only a year later when I found out that she was only hanging around me because I had a car, so I could give her rides. A friend told me. When I confronted her about it she said she's sorry in a semi emotional way. I think she was genuinely sorry, at least that's what it seemed like. It was the only girl that was at any point interested in me and when I finally got her to hang out with me it was only because of my car. We met two years later by chance and she said wanted to talk to me and apologize. I looked at her without any emotion and I told her no. I got back in my car and left.

It was 6 years ago and it still hurts.

Hell yeah, thanks. I love my superpower.

Your speech renders people suggestible and prone to manipulation. It begins as people just being inclined to do what you want when you talk to them, but the more you talk to people and convince them to do things, the more suggestible they become. It may take months of manipulation for the first person, but eventually a person will devote themselves to your will and become something of a thrall. But as you find more people to control, you'll notice that these people are more suggestible from the get-go, and they become your thralls much more quickly. The more people you have in your service, the more powerful your influence becomes. By the time your cult numbers 5, conversion takes only a couple of months. At 20, it takes a week. At 50, it only takes a a day together. By the time you break 100 followers, you're recruiting new people with just a few errands. At 200, it takes little more than a favor for anyone without significant mental defenses to give in to your power and dedicate themselves to your service.
For a while after they join the cult, they mostly retain their personalities, with the obvious exception that they'll do anything you ask without question. They can even masquerade as normal people and live their regular lives according to your instruction, sometimes for up to a year if you order them sparingly, but more often around six months before things rapidly begin to deteriorate. As time goes on though, and you order them around more and more, your influence begins to wear on their minds. First, they lose their personalities and goals, basing their identities around doing your bidding. With more time, they lose most of their free will, not even knowing what to do with themselves if you haven't given an order. Give them longer, and they begin to lose their grounding in reality, prone to instability and psychotic episodes, but they'll still do what you say to the best of their abilities. In fact, they've only gotten more loyal and hardworking over time. Eventually, only after multiple years of service, your thralls' mental facilities are so eroded by your influence that they'll drop dead - if you haven't already used them.
Classification: Master 1 at the start, but easily 12+ if you play your cards right and build up your cult without drawing too much attention to yourself. High potential to become an S-class threat due to the exponential nature of your power.

No problem. If you like superpowers like this, read the web serial Worm, by Wildbow. It's what I base these powers on; the classifications I'm using are from the story. It's a long, long read, but it's amazing superhero-themed rational fiction. Some of the best sci-fi I've ever seen.

Didn't finish my sentence. If you haven't already used the maddened shell of their former self as death fodder.

Sounds like a regular plain-vanilla weekend sleepover to me, user…

Without lube it ain't
t. it hurts like hell

You know you loved it, faggot.

Yes.

im a pussy so nothing physical has really happened to me, aside from an incident when i was 2. i was sitting in the back of my dads rodeo and i accidentally closed the trunk door on top of my thumb. ive had a pretty good life so far tbh

By making physical contact with a person, you can briefly exert an extremely powerful influence on their emotions - all it takes is a touch to, for instance, instantly drive someone to suicide. These rushes of emotion last about a minute, but can be refreshed and/or switched with another touch or continuous physical contact.
Classification: Master/Striker 5

You have powerful spatial warping abilities that can affect the ground within a 25-foot radius cylindrical area, centered around you. You can raise spikes, walls, or more - it allows for a lot of creativity. Keep in mind that this power obeys conservation of mass, just warping space to create the things it creates. It takes a lot of time to reach deep into the earth and warp enough mass for large constructs to have the right density. Rushing constructions that are too big will result in them being extremely fragile. Because your power warps space instead of using telekinesis or anything, you leave no collateral damage - ground that passes out of your area of effect reverts to how it was before you did anything. Nothing your power does can reach outside of the radius, but you can warp and shift the ground beneath your feet for a lot of mobility.
Classification: Shaker 5, Mover 2

When I found out for sure I had scoliosis at age 16, after I had told my parents for years to take me to a doctor and they ignored me.