Your most hated comic

Post em here and why.
Hardmode: Must not include SJWy elements, explain why it is genuinely bad.

Mine would be Bomb Queen.
To be perfectly concise, BQ is an insufferable Mary Sue who does shit without rhyme or reason, and gets away with it. The fact that she never received her comeuppance irks the hell out of me.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangahere.co/manga/uchi_no_musume_ni_te_o_dasu_na_oyako_heroine_funtousu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bomb Queen is super cringeworthy. It's a bunch of edgy sex & violence apparently meant to be some kind of deep political allegory, but it's done with such little thought to the internal logic of its setting that there's nothing to it.

Bomb queen is written by a nigger too isn't it?

Yeah, and I remember reading somewhere that he took criticism as racism.

Yup, Jimmie Robinson. I was shocked to find out he did Bomb Queen, since my previous exposure to him was Cyberzone, which starred a black lesbian hero.

In terms of eroticism there are better examples in comic form than Bomb Queen.

In terms of super hero deconstruction there are better examples in comic form than Bomb Queen, too.

My most hated comic would be Wonderland. It is supposed to give the Alice in Wonderland story a dark and erotic spin with connections to the Cthulhu mythos as well if I remember correctly.
But I don't like how mentally ill people are portrayed in this comic and with the exception of the prologue the art style sucks.

Allstar Batman and Robin. Batman is an unlikable sociopath who keeps robin locked up in the batcave. The characterizations are all wrong. It supposed to be a prequel to the Dark Knight Returns but it messes that up since the members of the Justice League don't seem to like each other. The only good thing is Jim Lee's art.

Know any good erotic/violent comics which are good?
I've read Belladonna and Ivory,only.

There's this manga thats lewd and fun. mangahere.co/manga/uchi_no_musume_ni_te_o_dasu_na_oyako_heroine_funtousu/

I'll give it a whirl but uh, >>>/a/
You have to go back

But this manga got posted here before. Or at least a pic of it got posted.

So what, it gets a pass for being capeshit?
Read the first chapter, it's alright.

I want to say practically every image comic in general.

For most hated though I'd need something popular or at least notorious that I thought was really bad.
Something I think ruined a character that was not completely ruined before it.
It would probably have to be hipster Batgirl.
Gail "I turned being triggered into a career" Simone wrote a lot of really shitty issues of Batgirl.
But shitty writers write shitty stories all the time.
After her run it looked like DC was in the market for their own version of Spider-Gwen and so Batgirl was de-aged, de-sexualized and turned into a completely fucking vapid cunt.
She fell into the same disgusting paint-by-numbers bullshit as Squirrel Girl and Spider-Woman with even Black Canary eventually joining them all in this creativity devoid landfill.

Tying a previously unconnected story to "Le epic Cthulhu mythos" is almost always guaranteed to be uninspired and masturbatory.
9/10 times the story will boil down to:
1)Evil cult worshipping an elder god
2)Evil cult tries to summon their God
3)Elder Gods can only be a Cthulhu ripoff
Bonus points if the Elder God is just Cthulhu.
There are numerous ways Lovecraft approached cosmic horror throughout his writing career, but most creators skim "The Call of Cthulhu" and call it a day.
There are some good examples of people using the Lovecraft Mythos as inspiration (John Carpenter's film In the Mouth of Madness and Bloodbourne), but the rest of the time I can almost hear the writers saying "Cthulhu Fhtagn lol amirite??? XD"

Elaborate. Were people with mental illnesses portrayed incorrectly, or did it just hit you too close to home? I would say the former is a legitimate criticism, the latter is not.

I just hate how Lovecraft Mythos just became internet shit. The internet ruined Cthulhu like they ruined zombies.

I was having trouble coming up with a term to describe the phenomenon. I wanted to say something along the lines of "reddit bait", but internet shit is much more accurate.

The internet ruined everything I hold dear.

Zombies, eldrich horrors, traps, futa, cyberpunk…

I just hope it doesn't ruin orcs and pregnancy yet.

I never got the appeal of zombies. They're boring monsters and even in something like Dawn of the Dead the thing that interested me was the survival aspect not the zombies themselves. What's the zombies' appeal?

Well, the appeal of zombies is what is shown on the classic movies. The world has gone to shit, humanity has ended and people have to decide how they behave when society went to chaos. Zombies are dead so they can't be killed, needing to take needlessly high risks to get rid of them, yet you have to do so to secure everything.

Then everyone thought that zombies were fun because they were undead and you could kill them easily so they turned them into action movie cannon folder. I guess they took the idea from Evil Dead?

The biggest problem is that people took the shittiest tropes and ideas from different zombie stories and put them together to make something 'cool'.

The post apocalyptic aspect I like but you could replace zombies with some other monsters. Like some diseased dogs or genetically engineered ones. Still I get your point.

Once upon a time they were a novel concept for an apocalypse senario. These days they're popular because they're a cheap justification for gore, and even then, most people are sick of how super-saturated markets are with them.

Agreed. I'm hoping the kaiju will make a comeback. Since we have 2 new Godzilla movies that came out, Pacific Rim and the upcoming King Kong.

Well, what I find interesting about zombies is that they are a broken mirror about our society. They are people that once were regular citizens and now they became just soulless cannibal corpses. Also, the stories are not just about terror, but with some aspects of nihilism and depresion yet, maybe, some hope even when everything is gone.

I also like zombies because it has some balance for that kind of stories. They are slow and mindless, but they are lots of them and near impossible to kill them unless you shoot in the head, and in real life shooting someone in the head is fucking difficult, specially in the spot that really makes the body stop working that is placed in a little spot between the head and the neck. In that kind of stories everyone can die yet everyone can live. You have to be smart yet be fit enouth, be aware of your surroundings, be clever enouth to plan and be lucky enouth not to get fucked.

Also, it shown how humankind can regress to a more savage and cruel state after loosing everything. Played Dead Rising? Psycopaths were something taken seriously in classic movie zombies.

Sorry, I just love classic zombie movies and I'm butthurt they turned them into just easy gore jokes.

I hope risk-taking and experimentation come back, but kaiju might be a nice change of pace.

Oh please no. I don't want them to ruin my monster movies. What's next? ruin my wrestling?

1) Zombies are also a way of stroking your ego. In a standard zombie story, the vast majority of the population has turned into mindless zombies, and only YOU, brave protagonist were strong/smart/resourceful enough to survive up until now. It is feeding into the natural human inclination to feel superior to everyone else.

2) It gives the average joe a sense of agency and control in their life. Since the vast bureaucracies of modernity have been reduced to ashes, it is up to you and what few allies you can scrounge together to rebuild society.
The zombie setting simplifies an increasingly complex world, and reduces the number of opponents to the point where a small band of men can completely dominate society, simply by force of will.

3) Zombies are an uncomplicated enemy. They aren't too difficult to fight in hand-to-hand combat, and lack any humanity. You can feel completely justified in killing as many zombies as you want without any moral quandary. More ego stroking.

I would like to see more Modern Kaiju films. Are there any kaiju media that detail a post-apocalypse where the monsters completely destroyed civilization? I can't think of any.

Nah, wrestling only really works in the perpetual theater drama that only a televised program can provide. Wrestling is relatively safe, I should think.

very good points, user.

Well, it can be about ego stroking too. I used it to stroke my own ego a little to be fair.

The problem is that it went too far and now it is not only for ego stroking, but shitty internet celebrity humor and videogames(tm) the Joke!

I haven't read hipster Batgirl but nu52 Batgirl written by Gail Simone was pretty damn awful, even if it was to be expected.

You two are newfags. Bomb Queen may be bad, but it doesn't matter at all. It's not influencing anyone's opinion and nobody thinks it's good. Hipster batgirl is kind of the polar opposite, it's straight propaganda and 'people' really like the costume change. However, the original new 52 batgirl run was WAY worse (see )
, and nobody's even reading SJBabs.

Pics related are some truly awful comics.

Actually, maybe this is more fitting than deathstroke. It was responsible for the suicide squad movie, and there are now generations of teenagers who legitimately prefer this to Ostrander's run.

Dude, what if we had a comic book character who was like so fucking cool and had everything planned and if you try to stop him its according to plan and he's always 7 steps ahead and if you kill him it was all according to plan too

Too be fair though, I thought that comic stupid and edgy, but in a entertaining way like Requiem Vampire Knight

I just generally hate super edgy shit like this. I like my edginess and goofiness in balanced levels.

I want you to imagine a "humor" comic that doesn't understand even the most basic aspects of comedy.

Then imagine that book selling within the top twenty for months, maybe years.

I'll admit I don't read many comics outside of what gets storytimed on Holla Forums, but this one was scarred in my brain. It's like a fanfiction brought to life in the middle of a drug-induced haze, a disjointed series of nonsensical events that happen but have no weight to them, and it was also just plain ugly to look at.

fuck off

Black Monday Murders published by Image and wrote by Hickman is pretty damn fucking good

Do you know, I had actually forgotten Identity Crisis?

Thanks a lot.

I guess Alex+Ada was boring and retarded.
And if webcomics count, Assigned Male.
Usually I don't have a deep interest in capeshit so if there is some bad run of a series I just skip it or stop reading it

Meh, i don't hate something for what other people think about it. I don't see the point of it.

Out of latest things, Rat Queens hands down. I actually tried to read it, but then just ended up skimming through. Worst part are the horrible "jokes." They boil down to 'look she is puking/vulgar and is also a woman," lol so randbumb drugs and candy!, and overused ripoff of a joke from Parks and Rec/The Office where one character is hated by main cast for no reason (and yet writer completely misses the point of it and what makes it funny in these shows). Good thing that comic appears to be dead - that piece of crap got way more popular than it should have and has gone for far too long.

Other than that, it would have to be Nowhere Men, but hate mostly comes from how people went crazy over a subpar comic for some reason. Book is competently drawn, but that's where good things end. Story is a disjointed mess, makes almost no sense, you know nothing about characters despite in-universe posters, book and newspapers excerpts, and interviews that take 1/3 of each issue. Series' slogan was 'science is the new rock and roll,' but author ruined the premise by being science-illiterate idiot who thinks that he knows something just because he watched Cosmos.

Pacific Rim is as close as it gets, as far as I know, with humanity living in fear and hiding behind walls, while some countries have been turned into a rubble. Concept of people scavenging the corpses and selling kaiju body parts as remedies and decorations was pretty neat, though.

I remember LInkara recomming a comic during his Longbox of the damned that showed humans fighting kaiju of varying sizes in post apocalyptic France in order to reclaim it. That and they had a robot with them. The robot had a child like personality. I forget the name of the comic though. (inb4 people shitting on me because I mentioned Linkara.)

The only thing good about this is that my boy worked on the cover. That's it!

Attack on Titan

Fuck off you queer

I actually forgot about that one.

Fuck you for reminding me, user. Who thought that shit was a good idea?

Oh right, Mark Millar

That was the point of my post. I didn't want to shit on propaganda comics, because they're shit already. I wanted to make one on comics that are bad after a review of their merits and demerits.

I read the Christmas Special because I had nothing better to do and thank god that's the only one I read.

Edgy Rayman, nonstop "ever notice how capes are different than real life" jokes, anime and video game references every page, a campaign to take down cape comics in general and forced advertising everywhere.

Did they try to shove feminism in there? or is that Aaron Diaz's comic I'm thinking of?

Probably Diaz. Redd was unabashedly fanserve through and through.

At least they own up to it. I can't stand when someone draws sexy chicks and tries to put a feminist spin on it. Like dude, you just like drawing sexy chicks, nothing wrong with it just don't make it some philosophical nonsense when it isn't.

Only good thing about that comic is the art. I wish they'd kill off nu52 Harley and replace her with her old self, but with the popularity of Suicide Squad, it'll never happen.

My most despised comic was Punx In Space, and I cannot find a single reference to it on the entire web.
It was 90's Australian furries IN SPACE, and apart from being horribly drawn and written, was mostly only really remarkable for them trying to sell their original artwork for $200 a page. And that was 90's Australian dollars.

Did some digging and found these. Take them as you will.

eh, somewhat tumblry especially the 3rd pic but I've seen so much at this point I've become numb.

I can't remember ever reading a comic that I unequivocally hated.

This art is so fucking bad. It's like everyone is made of Silly Putty. I don't want to fap to Silly Putty.

It's not a comic per se but I really, really hate it when they pull off deconstruction that really boils down to "LOL, Heroes are dicks because no one is that good"

You never made silly putty boobs to fap to and then smashed away the evidence?

So pretty much anything by Warren Ellis, Mark Millar and Garth Ennis?

I thought Unfunnies at least lived up to its title so you really couldn't call it false advertising. I guess you could argue it's intent of how the author or artist injects themselves into their work but it just seems like an excuse to be edgy with a cartoon like setting. Contrasting themes can work but that fucking bird with the "right, readers" shtick was annoying and also the real life elements didn't work, even if I'm being lenient since it was the early days of photoshop.

Well, Millar can write heroes being heroic (take a gander at The Superman Adventures 41 for that) but Ellis and Ennis? Yeah, not my cup of tea.

That first comic annoys me because what the chick says at the end doesn't even contradict what the guy's saying.

He's not saying there's no answer, he's saying you don't know the answer. It's like the chef saying "there are exactly x amount of sausages out of this pig" and then getting annoyed if someone doubts him.

Megatokyo.

Bad enough Piro stabbed his partner in the back, he then wrote Largo's self-insert character as a complete asshole, while his own self-insert is surrounded by adoring Japanese schoolgirls who keep saying what a great artist he is and wondering if he's a boy or a girl because he's so cute they can't tell.

Meanwhile the story degenerates into a cross between Lost and a dating sim, and the art is rough pencils with only one facial expression.

There are comics I got turned off because they went to shit, and there are comics I got turned off because I just couldn't keep ignoring what unredeemed shit-gibbons the creators were, but Megatokyo is like trying to eat a shit sandwich while a shit-wizard throws his own shit at you.

Add to that the irregular update schedule and Piro's constant whining and attention-whoring and clinical sadness, and you have the perfect storm of comic cuntery.

You forgot to mention one thing.

Literally what the fuck man
I've seen some fucked shit but this is one of the most fucked up ass-pulls I've seen

i've never read a page of this comic other than what you posted and i fucking hate it immediately

I can think of plenty of bad ones, but it's difficult to think of one I genuinely hate. The last one I read, Blue Monday, I thought was cringey hipster shit, but it's too forgettable for me to hate. Only read half of The Cute Girl Network, same deal though weirdly enough most of the women in the story are vilified as being horrible gossips, so I wasn't expecting that. DMZ is notable for its bloated leftist shilling what if Amerikkka was a third world country, guiz?? but it's mostly just annoying.

I'll have to go with Blankets as my most hated. Some great art that's ruined by a self-loathing sob story. I loved it as a precocious college student, thought it was super deep and artsy. Nowadays I can't stomach anything with so much embarrassing, clumsy self-pity.

I remember this comic being storytimed and my immediate reaction. It was one of my first storytimes on full/co/, and I felt like an idiot for even bothering to read the story up to that point.

I understand it's supposed to shock, but then there's schlock that fails to make the reader either outraged or laugh, and just makes the reader realize the author shat out what he thought was naughty on the page.

What's a good shock that you appreciated, Holla Forums? I can't think of any in comics right now.

I miss original Harley so much.

I mostly just hated how much of a return to status quo the ending was. It felt like we went on a long journey and returned home, and nothing had changed.

If you guys thought Nemesis is bad, wait 'til you see The Unfunnies. As one unfortunate witness of the storytime aptly commented:

>This struggling actor is getting viciously cucked because his doctor castrated him in order to win a bet.

DMZ was an insult to anyone who ever died in a siege. I remember somewhere in the first couple of issues the MC and the quirky-badass-female get hungry so what do they do? They go to some faggot hipster rooftop garden restaurant with salads and waiters and shit. Christ I think the MC actually ate a burger in that scene…

Salads. My God. Salads. They've gone too far.

Identity Crisis really is shit, not only as a story but what it ushered in for DC. Just a period of joyless misery punctuated by other bullshit like Infinite Crisis (and Countdown to Infinite Crisis), Blackest Night and other bullshit.

But if you want to speak about directions and effects, Avengers Disassembled, House of M and Civil War are three of the most damaging comics ever published. Disassembled is just complete bullshit as a story, utter nonsense, confusing garbage, characters acting wildly OOC, continuity being ignored as Bendis just pulls things out of his ass: all things that have become hallmarks of Bendis' writing proving that they're not new, they've only gotten worse.

But Disassembled was the first pseudo-event Marvel had done in quite a number of years (since Maximum Security I believe) and it proved popular in the way a summer blockbuster proved popular. So Marvel decided to go further and go with something bigger that would affect the line as a whole. House of M, again, is garbage but wholly unmemorable compared to Disassembled if not for the ending which utterly ruined the X-Men and is something that they, creatively, have never recovered from after the neat status quo the Morrison era had set up for mutants as a subculture and growing minority. But it too was popular and that let Marvel realize that the event comic was back.

So out coms Civil War which is the full on Michael Bay of superhero comics. Just utter garbage, completely shallow and vapid in its commentary, light in its actual plot but it was such a monster that we're now at the point where Marvel is telling you about their next crossovers before the current ones have finished. And worse, it cemented that in Marvel they can get more attention and money doing Hero vs. Hero than actual fucking superhero comics, a cancer that plagues the company to this day.

This leads me to the X-Men. Like I said post-HoM ruined the status quo that the X-Men had made and this culminated in Schism, a garbage story that split the X-Men. The rebirth of the summer event and the idea of Hero vs. Hero, plus the success of Marvel's new cash cow the Avengers, led Marvel to put their big guns against each other in AvX. AvX is an utterly infuriating story to read. The plot is utter garbage and you're supposed to see the X-Men (well the non-traitorous ones anyway) as being in the wrong regarding the Phoenix despite a.) Cyclops' son from the future telling him what would happen, b.) Cyclops knowing better than anyone sans Jean herself about the Phoenix and c.) the entire situation starting when the Avengers invade sovereign land, tell the X-Men to hand over one of their own and then start fighting them all because Wolverine's hatred of Cyclops turned him into a paranoid, raving lunatic and despite the fact RACHEL FUCKING GREY IS ON THE X-MEN. The entire book is done to make the X-Men look villainous because Marvel doesn't have their movie rights and it's something they still won't drop going by Inhumans vs. X-Men.

Battle of the Atom, finally, isn't a book itself just a crossover between books. But it's a crossover in the era where the X-Men's books were written by Jason Aaron, Bendis and Brian Wood. Bendis' shit goes without saying and his is one of the worst runs in X-Men history. Aaron decided a goofy comedy book is what was needed as one of the flagships and his complete disrespect for the X-Men is astounding. Wood took a nice concept and just bungled it through utterly banal writing that, later on (after this story) loses any sense of coherency. Did you know that both Madelyne Pryor AND Selene were unceremoniously resurrected in this book and then fucked off to do nothing? Anyway, BotA is a confusing piece of shit and is, without a doubt, the single worst X-Men story I have ever read.

Carver didn't even invent peanut butter.

What about the ironing board? Give them that at least.

Great summary, user.

Also, they fucking did pic related too in AvX

Maybe we should include Civil War 2 at this point. The story isn't but so far its been garbage and I don't see Marvel getting any better. Also, how do you feel about the whole Secret Wars event and Jonathan Hickman's writing in general?

Civil War 2 isn't really on the same level as Identity Crisis or Disassembled. I doubt there are going to be very many repercussions from it because the MU is just so shattered at this point.

The same guy wrote Ultimates 1 and 2

Motherfucker.

Alright, Amazons Attack and Cry for Justice.

It baffles me how people can read any superhero stuff nowadays.

Before any of you lynch me, I've really tried. I'll pick up something that looks interesting, but my mind immediately glazes over, and the walls go up when some guy with a fish head waddles onto the panel and has a tearful reunion with a bald girl who can conjure luminescent polygons, all while on the deck of a starship that's crashing into a self-aware Saturn that is intent on devouring the rest of the solar system. It's fucking stupid. All of them are so fucking, goddamn idiotic, which would be fine if they weren't treated like serious, dramatic pieces. It's men flying around in space in neon tights fighting space squids, and coming to Holla Forums and stepping into cape threads is like watching grown adults discussing the latest Sesame Street where Elmo aborts Oscar's baby.

I've read enough to know that it's all a giant incestuous circlejerk. It's just bad.

It's just frustrating trying to see what everyone else sees in this genre. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up reading cape comics, but being on Holla Forums is like being the only kid in class who can't see the Magic Eye picture. I don't like Spider-man, and I can't see the fucking sailboat.

Just don't read western superhero stuff. The Japs do all genres of capes better.

Nah, it's no use user. I'm not gonna harsh the poster for what he said because everyone can have shit they like and dislike. But some people you just can't get into things that you find fun no matter how hard you try. It just doesn't click to some people. I can guess that possibly alot of posters on Holla Forums aren't sports fans and can't get into it for similar reasons.

Sometimes it's just not worth trying when it's obvious their minds are made up.

I suppose you're right, user.

People enjoy them for what they are, not what you think they should be. That is the simplest reason there is.

You're not wrong for having that kind of mental hang-up. We all have them, but I do genuinely wonder why you're here if you expect unbaited discussion on anything else.

Maybe, I don't know, you just don't like comics user?

It's okay not to like things.

Hoo boy. Shall I break it to him?

Fuck what he did to Wanda and Strange's bullshit reaction of saying chaos magic doesn't exist

just my 2 cents, but Hickman is probably one of my favorite writers.
He has flaws oh god, he has them such as writing himself into a corner (Ultimate Reed anyone) or rather convoluted plots (which are often entertaining in a Morrison way) but he has some damn good stuff under his belt:
Manhattan Projects
Black Monday Murders
Secret Warriors and a few others

I enjoyed the Secret Wars books but they felt very rushed, they would have benefited running longer to explain some stuff like how Maximus raised an army but the rest of the company suffered waiting on Secret Wars to finish

confirmed for casual and /a/ fan

If you've got the image I can't find it all

Also would anyone want me to story time bomb queen?

Thank you for these recommendations user.

Please don't, we have enough bad comic storytimes as it is.

oh fuck I remember that abomination.

The reason people like them is that they're fucking cool, user. Superheroes give people hope, they dazzle and amaze them.

The reason you don't like them is that you're a pretentious faggot who doesn't know how to have fun.

excellent b8, by the way

Not the user from before. I like superheroes but, I've heard of the argument that Superheroes make people complacent so they think heroes will save them rather than doing anything themselves.

Also, on that vid I like the animation but I hate some of the designs like Aquaman and mirror master where they look thuggish.

Yeah, CW2 is utterly retarded but it'll be forgotten. It won't have the effect on the companies that IC or CW had. It's not completely emblematic of the utter shit heap the company is in either like Hellcat.

wat

I mean in the movie himself not just the clip.

Oh, right. Yeah, muscleneck aquaman wasn't the best.

You know, that reminds me of another forgotten sequel that DEFINITELY belongs in this thread.

This right here is also crazy to me. This is a perfect instance of how when someone says "comics" on Holla Forums, everyone immediately thinks SUPERHEROES!

I still read comics, just not cape stuff.

I checked out OMP and BNHA on recommendation, and they were pretty great. Maybe it's just that Marvel and DC are mired in old ways, but it's pretty sad when Nips are utterly destroying western companies when it comes to superhero stories. Maybe it's because they aren't tied to previously created universes and have execs constantly pushing for events, referencing other series and all that nonsense to drive up sales, too worried about making the bottom line to stop milking a dead cow. Even Marvel can't help itself now that it's pumping out gorillions of movies for ever C-lister to build a "cinematic universe".

I realize western comics rely on tying characters together as a primary component of their marketing plan, but at some point it just becomes impossible to care about. "Oh hey, it's Galactus. Go hang over there with all the other galaxy-destroying entities. Wew."

Just curious how do you feel about comics based on licensed properties like TMNT or Godzilla?

At this point practically every Western superhero is more or less an embalmed corpse being puppeted about by strings. The life and soul is long gone leaving only a hollow, substanceless shell.

Yeah shared universes tend to be bloated and just drive down the quality of everything. Marvel can't do it well. DC can barely do it well. But it's just bad business to stuff so much in to one bag and hoping it won't burst. I pray to God the Japs never try shared universe cape stuff. That will be the end of capes altogether if even they fall into that trap.

That's a pretty accurate way of putting it.

tbf a shared universe can work out if you plan it carefully. Problem is Marvel never intended it that way.

You need careful planning and communication with other writers for it to work. Marvel and DC fail at both.

I can storytime it if you want. You know, for educational purposes :^)

Don't you mean…Gay for Justice?

I used to keep up with IDW's Transformers.

If western cape comics kept a single writer on board with a hero in his own self-contained universe, you could easily see the same quality, but as I said, the Big Two are stuck in their old ways (reboots and rebirths are nothing new, let's not kid ourselves), and superheroes are less a product of individual hearts and more the mascots of their respective companies.

It's not a matter of the Japanese being super Nips with yamato blood. It's just a matter of how these companies are run, and I don't see it changing in the near future.

The main thing I'll give the Japanese is that the creators have actual control of things. When they say the story is finally over then it's done, that's it. There are so many heroes in Marvel and DC who should have either been retired by now or passed on their mantel and lived out the rest of their lives in peace. But you can't do that when you've become a cultural product.

So stuff like Bleach, Inuyasha and Dragon Ball aren't overstretched beyond their lifespan?

I'll be honest I fell off the handle of anime and manga for a while so I'm fairly ignorant to what's going on now.

Bleach and Inuyasha, yes…it is overstretched. I think Buu Saga is OK considering that Buu is supposed to be this Eldritch Abomination that had wiped galaxies and killed gods.

Shared universes can be done and be fun if you have it planned out from the start. You keep things easy to explain and try to keep it from going all over the place. Marvel and DC have been since lost that battle.

I used to wonder if Marvel had someone assigned to keeping track of lore but after all their recent comics I think that position would make someone's head fuckin explode from stress.

Those things get dragged out because of the creator's choice. The higher-ups may pressure them to do so, as they are employees just like anyone else in any other company, and even the most prestigious ones don't have 100% creative control, but never do they just fire the author and replace them with someone else to continue dragging out a publication far past when it should have ended.

Let's not fall into the fallacious trap of "If it's always written by one person it should be good". Why do you think we gripe about Big Two "superstars" and fucking webcomic creators so much?

True..problem when written by one person is that that one guy might forget the details that he wrote in the past. Case in point, Bill Mantlo's Rom Spaceknight (Rom does not kill…except when he does), JoJo part 3 (hey remember when Silver Chariot can split into 7?)

I thought that was just Silver Chariot becoming extremely fast. Like it was using Double Team. Now, Silver Chariot being able to remove its armor to become even faster, that was forgotten.

Akira Toriyama outright forgot the setting of Dragon Ball had furries in it until he was reminded.

That's what a run is, you stupid motherfucker. The stories are by and large self-contained, they just 'take place' in the same universe. You can't have been reading comics for very long if that still gets to you.

Rebirth is DC collectively fixing everything by making all of their books good. It's possibly the best linup of all time. But of course you wouldn't know that because you have a hateboner for superhero comics that you're now attempting to justify with this retarded, baseless logic.

God damn it with that guy and his Rayman fetish.

Also the author drew lolies and only him fapped to that shit.

The author is a tranny now, in case you didn't know. Only makes sense, considering the full mental meltdown he experienced, as illustrated by that horrendous comic.

This or the Unfunnies is the correct answer.

Someone should storytime these nightmares again.

I think the biggest problem with Rat Queens, which also applies to most tumblr comics, is that we're supposed to want to watch these adventures of a bunch of detestable, slovenly, and just all around unlikable cunts. Their likable traits are that they swear and drink and fuck a lot. Also, they are cynical and sarcastic all the fucking time. That's it.

Also there's swords and monsters and magic, I guess.. But let's spend half an issue dedicated to talking about how hangovers suck, and then the other half whining about one character's daddy issues!

But, this shit resonates with SJWs because they are trash human beings. Utterly shit at life. Coasting along by dumb luck and exploited connections, with a twinge of ideological conditioning affording them more opportunities than they'd be able to get otherwise.

To be fair user. Couldn't a cynical protagonist work like Duckman or Dan from Dan vs everything?

TMNT started out as a comic book, actually.

Holly shit, it's still going on.

These characters' cynicism is justified and they actually face struggles. In Rat Queens it is just them being cunts, being always right, and just waltzing unharmed from one confrontation to another with little to no consequences.

You're clinging to the "self-contained" part while seemingly ignoring the "single writer" part. And the problem with a "run" is that multiple writers have different takes on the same character. How can a superhero have an identity if his characterization keeps bouncing around everywhere because every writer thinks he's the next big subversive genius and his new idea ("let's make him gay!" "let's make him a rape baby!" "let's make him an abusive husband!") is gonna blow the whole industry out of the water.

Instead it's like a blunderbuss of shit. Instead of formulating their own fresh ideas they have to push it onto pre-existing ones, which pile up and up until it's so nonsensical that they have to reboot everything for the umpteenth time, and it repeats.

You know how some people will present you with shit, but insist it is gold? Tumblrites and SJWs are turds that insist they're platinum.

Yes, but their cynicism must be understandable, their problems relatable (or at least comical), and they can't be COMPLETELY irredeemable scumbags. Tumblrites fail on all of these, especially the last part. Just go look at the Jonesy thread for proof.

I don't think Inuyasha is still going on. I was mostly referring to how drawn out it was.

I see now with cynical characters it only works when the cynicism is justified then.

Inuyasha ended a while back actually.
The magic jewel gets destroyed along with Naraku, Kagome decides to go back to the past, chick with the boomerang gets pregnant, and Inuyasha's brother leaves his loli sidekick to wait until she grows older so he can fuck her when she's legal.
I binge read the entire manga just to see if it was any better than the anime. It wasn't.

I'm genuinely confused as to how you're this retarded.

The only way you could hold these opinions about the modern comic book industry is if you're a time traveler from 2006.

Naraku actually gets killed along with all the jewel shards? Bout damn time. I only watched the anime on adultswim and that thing took so long I never saw the ending of the anime.

The biggest problem is that every zombie apocalypse story is the same fucking scenario featuring the same scattered few counterproductive assholes. Like sure, they're in a shitty situation and things might get a little tense. But am I ever supposed to care about the guy that just pulled a weapon to another survivor's throat because he fucked up once or questioned him on something?

That's because instead of ending it in the anime, they ended it with a movie.

I remember there being an anime movie of it on Adult swim once. Did it begin with showing Inuyasha being born as a half demon infant?

It's pretty racist imo, probably unintentionally so.

Watch Arrested Development. Every character is likable and entertaining and funny in their own way. They are almost all entirely deeply flawed, selfish, opportunistic, desperate, greedy idiots. Even Michael, the quasi-protagonist is prone to all kind of idiocy.

You can have a show or series or whatever about entirely terrible characters. Awful people who ruin everything they touch and succeed when they should fail because failing is what they deserve. And it can still be a great show with characters that you love and enjoy seeing.

That's the weird thing, though. If you go to tumblr and take a good look at these people, they revel in self-deprecation. They even acknowledge how they get entirely too invested in dumb shit like shipping and fanficition and ridicule people who take it too far… And then they go and write characters like Ms Muslim, who is a fucking tumblr trash goblin with no social skills who spends all her time obsessing about fanfics.

Actually, as far as I know, they made an entire follow up series that follows the last arc of the manga. You're not talking about one of the movies for the original series, are you?

Yeah I don't understand it either. It's self-deprecation but not actually meaning it at all.

Sounds great user. I also want to check out its Sunny in Philadelphia. Does that sound similar to Arrested Development?

Sunny is great, but the characters are bad people in a different sort of way. They're kind of like the adult version of Ed, Edd, and Eddy, except none of them are that smart.

Also the show itself isn't particularly funny. It's several notches down from Arrested Development.

That reminds me a bit of the Trailer Park Boys for some reason.

Arrested Development is a show that's way more clever than you realize. I've rewatched the first 3 seasons dozens of times and I'm still catching jokes I missed before.

Sunny is a lot more absurd and a lot of the humor exists in the moment. Lots of characters doing stupid shit, getting themselves into horrible situations, and getting out in hilarious ways.

Like the episode where one of the characters puts on an elaborate and poorly produced stage play that seems like it's about a little boy getting molested, which ends in a song where he proposes to a girl who hates his guts.

I recommend both, but for different reasons.

Concept is quite similar, but style is different. Arrested Development is sillier and lighter.

It's kind of similar, except it's degenerate Bostonians (I think).

Yeah..about that. I love Dragon Ball but seriously, no one remembered the MOON getting blown up during the tournament or a kid that turns into a gorilla…or the ring that became a crater but come Cell Saga, everyone forgotten about that.

aaayyyyyy

Is this bad because it's retarded or because 8/co/ is 4/co/ nao?

WHAT AM I DOING

Whoah, what a badass

You know he'd be a muslim trans-rabbit if it was written in this day and age.

just keep in mind Oppenheimer is Linkara

not even hiding your'e from /a/ now.

you should check out some Vertigo titles some time user.
Some stuff is part of DC like Animal Man but others like Sandman and especially Lucifer only tangibly so.
Lot's of stuff in there that's written in one universe by one author

you just ignore it.
I don't care about all the Pride and Prejudice, Dracula and Frankenstein book sequels.
Why do you?

I kind of want that 'Rape Victim' shirt.
If only this city understood our quirky bad ass

Why do I get the feeling this was made in the early 2000's? At least we get sexy scantily clad women in this. You can't get a way with that now days.

She's just like us!…Well except for the dandy butler and alien computer! Ho ho, what a hoot

What do you mean by that?

And that's issue one of bomba-cious Bomb Queen, shall I keep going?

Screw it, I'm reading through this and suffering. Just got to Volume 2 and I want to burn everything so you will suffer with me Holla Forums

Don't worry girls, it's not all T&A for boys ;3

Butts out for Bomb Queen, also note the background images

It's interesting that every single page has atleast something edgy. Not just graphic, but something "This is badass, right?"

We're almost done with Volume 1.

Oh and by the way. Volume 1 is the tamest of Bomb Queen. Volume 2 is pants on head retarded but that's for another thread.

This reads like a deviantard's power fantasy. Please don't tell me it ran for over a month.

Years. And again, Volume One is probably the most coherent and least edgy of the volumes

FInal issue of volume 1.
I'll save volume 2 for another thread as I already feel like I'm shitting this one up

Make Bomb City Great Again

Sonichu levels of Suedom here.
Can we get Kate Leith to do a follow up to Bomb Queen?

Flashes of Tenkaichi 3 City level fight here.
Oh and remember the villain who runs amock, has no redeeming qualities and has constantly been shown to be disliked and feared by the people?

Well let's see how they finish this first Saga eh?

Poetry.

To raise a small point, Bleach did get possibly the most anticlimactic ending imaginable, especially considering its status up until that point as one of the "big 3" shounen manga. I've not done too much reading into it but word was that Weekly Shonen Jump (the magazine that ran the manga) basically told the author to fucking end it in X amount of chapters because sales numbers were dropping

Though, that might also be due to just general fuckery like the final arc taking multiple YEARS in real life to even move things forward and the powers, at least in my opinion, devolving into playground "my power is to counter your power" bullshit (I'm looking at you nanao)

I thought Baxter was white unless you're talking about his insect form.

Hilarious, because interest on the series tanked specifically because it was so dragged out.

My recommendations for erotic comics are:

Tarot - The Witch of the Black Rose by Jim Balent

Succubes published by MC Productions/Mosdi/Paturaud

Muse by Filippi and Dodson

Djinn by Dufaux and Miralles

Tarot, Djinn and Succubes also contain violence in varying degrees. Tarot's more cartoon-y while Djinn's and Succubes's approach towards violence is harder and more realistic.

It just felt like lazy writing. After Alice's suicide attempt she sits on a couch every day or is generally passive because of the prescribed medicine.
That's not a proper therapy for me. Wouldn't there be regular consultations with a psychologist or some other kind of therapist?
Additionally, Alice's son is starting to masturbate to gore as a sign for developing madness.

And it doesn't absolutely help that Alice's husband is a cheating asshole who even brings his whore to the family home. Fucking bastard.

The latest cartoon redid him as a scrawny black Steve Urkel type, if I remember right.

What do you know, you hit my choice in the first post.

Holy fuck is Bomb Queen awful.

(well deserved)
user, you caught me off guard!

Meh, he jumped the gun there, going all out destroyer.

I will accept that Bomb Queen used on him the plan he used on her; have her cause needless collateral damage to shift the hate to her. With him just going all out and levelling the city, it just made her look like a hero :V

The cat thing was an asspul though. Did he sneeze out his powers?

Dude…Tarot is bad. Real bad, almost deviant art tier bad. Muse and Djinn are high art in comparison.Djinn is legit beautiful though.

I like me some cape deconstruction and all but this was just awful and lazy.

That's not deconstruction, it's just a parody.

Never read the comic, by I liked the animated short

Well? Don't just stand there, faggot. Storytime the rest. You started it, you finish it.

I hate bomb queen's outfit for one key reason: there's no way to make pants that stop a few inches above the ass-thigh crease. It's not even a lazy attempt to make a "sexy" outfit, because drawing the stupid ass part takes time. I don't understand how that was the design they ended up with.

i'll have to double check, but i'm pretty sure there's a thread storytiming it already

It looks too clunky tbh. It feels sorta… shock value for the sake of shock value

Isn't that basically Lex Luthor's motivation for not liking Superman?

And Nemesis is gloriously retarded. It made me remember what it was like to be an edgy 13-year-old again.

Pfft…if Supers made normal folks complacent, doesn't explain all the tech based heroes who developed technology to help folks. I mean, look at Steel. I don't see complacency..I see folks inspired by the supers who would try their best to help out and people who think the supers made people complacent are either jealous that the spotlight is not on them…or idiots.

Are you people really this retarded? You can't even check fucking google?

Everyone talks like they're 16 years old, the robot designs are fucking stupid, the main two characters are whiny cunts, there is no fucking plot whatsoever and every casual fag puts this fucking comic on their Best Of lists.

That's what I did just in case I remembered wrong. It showed a white mad scientist and his fly form.

In the interests of keeping this from being a circle jerk I'll just say this is pretty much how I feel about superhero comics as well. I've read some that I've liked, but in general they're too silly and awkward for me to take seriously. I feel the same about pretty much every Disney movie, anime, or JRPG released since 1996. I also feel the same about manga in general, but at least manga isn't kneecapping itself through content restrictions, like American comics are.

I can't say I've hated any comics, though. To hate something is to give it power over you and your emotions. I would never want to be that emotionally weak that a comic can make me hate. Hatred should be reserved for people who try to revoke freedoms by crying oppression, or people who think their religion makes them superior and therefore all others inferior. Naked provable hypocrisy, insanity, genocide, that's what hate should be reserved for. Not some silly boring comics about people dressed like fags flying around and punching "criminals," whatever the writer deems to be criminal that week (could be a thief, could be someone who simply voted for someone the writer didn't like).

I guess the closest thing that would qualify is Bitch Planet, because it's just more of the usual "waah waah we're so oppressed here's a comic that acts like we're all prisoners." People buy its propaganda and are looking to perpetuate it with their hugbox echo chambers demanding that their lies be declared the truth, coming from people who actually believe that 25% of women in the US are raped, and that women don't make the same amount of money as men. It's not the comic that I'm against, it's the failed and incorrect ideology that spawned the comic in the first place. And in that case, Bitch Planet isn't alone, because there's also Lumberjanes and whatever the other crap is that I don't even remember, but I see it come out every week when I'm looking for a comic I could even be 40% interested in reading.

If Bitch Planet were a manga, it would be ignored, selling thousands of issues up against the multiple millions that its competition sells. It would just be a small little known joke. In the American industry, it still sells thousands of issues, but American comics (especially superhero comics) are so dull and poorly written (yes even the "good" ones) that it can easily compete and succeed among them because no one really cares about American comics anymore, giving this comic a false sense of relevance. It's easy to dominate a market full of boring garbage that appeals to childish people with bad taste. Just look at how popular anime is, and all anime needed to do to get popular was throw in a tiny amount of tits and gore, and teenagers or people with the emotional maturity of teenagers eat it up. Capeshit doesn't even have that but it appeals to the same class of people.

If Americans just made better comics, which they could, there wouldn't be this problem. The reason Americans don't make better comics is because if they're good enough to write comics like that, they don't work in comics, they work in TV or movies. So comics are left with people who couldn't make it writing screenplays. On extremely rare occasions, comics catch a struggling artist who is slumming it (Joss Whedon) in between one or two successful shows or movies. You won't see Whedon writing comics anymore, that's for sure. You certainly won't see David Mamet, Paddy Cheyefsky, Shane Black, Dan O'Bannon, Charlie Kaufman, or Nicholas Pileggi writing comics either (granted, Cheyefsky is dead, and I could see Charlie Kaufman making a comic but it would be some existential indie that probably had intentionally sloppy scribbly art, also Dan O'Bannon may have wrote comics in the past but I doubt you'll see him do it now).

When you think about the fact that Heavy Metal isn't a comics magazine written by visionaries anymore, it's just run by Grant Morrison, you start to see how barren comics are in the west.

It's never too late to turn it around. But in order to turn it around, it has to actually be turned, instead of just sitting around making more capeshit and saying "maybe this mundane ordinary stuff will put things back to normal like how I think it used to be."

That pic covers pretty much all my feelings on the matter.

Holy shit, I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand this piece of shit.

What people see in this, I have no idea. Maybe it's a testament to how bad the industry is that this turd floated to the surface.

So it's realistic then?
I don't know about how things are where you live but where I am most people's diction never rises above high school level.

Yeah but I'm not sure it was supposed to be like that.

That Nemesis guy is a dickhead though, and he never does get his comeuppance does he?

You know, once upon a time most zombie movies were not actually about le zombie apocalypse, or at least "the zombies take over" was the downer ending of the movie and not the central premise. Yes I know about Dawn of the Dead but I don't think that meme started to approach complete global saturation until 28 Days Later or thereabout.

I guess I can make this on-topic by mentioning Walking Dead, I swear if they hadn't created that book somebody else would've done exactly the same thing within a year.

frank miller turned my dick gay