Storytime: DC Universe- Decisions

Good afternoon Holla Forumsmrades, have I got a treat for you.
Back during the 2008 US presidential elections, DC released this four issue series about their heroes uncovering a plot to kill the presidential candidates while also dealing with the media frenzy that follows when Green Arrow decides to openly endorse one of the candidates.
Art gets funky-looking at times and it's not Shakespearean writing, but it's surprisingly okay for a comic about the elections. And how many times do you get to read about a superhero 's political views without it being a hamfisted way for the writer to preach at you?
That said, let's get started with the first issue.

One down, three to go.
Going to take a break and the get on with he next one.

Thanks OP, been a while since I read this.

Back and ready for issue two.

Wait, did Green Arrow cheat on a wife or is he just a particularly loud-mouthed atheist?

Probably the latter. He's supposed to be a pretty hard lefty, isn't he?

End of issue two.

His shoving GL immediately afterwards would make for since if it was the former. But year, pretty much a communist in since incarnations.

-> more sense

Actually would've been my immediate argument, after a fucking super hero comes out as x political affiliation and then someone on the other side gets hurt everyone's going to say you let it happen.

Probably both knowing him.

Good point.
Onto issue three.

>who treats fighting injustice like working the door at a strip club.
But there's practically no difference.

End of issue three.

Last issue, folks.

Did you die?

Of what I read before OP died that was a fun comic.
I now have an opinion on Lady Blackhawk that makes me like her quite a bit.

Nope, sorry, parents came over. .I'll continue in a few minutes, sit tight.

Sorry for the wait, let's get back to the story.

Superman is so based.

And that's all she wrote.
Like I said, its not the best writing, but it's miles above what you'd get these days if DC wanted to do another one.
Hope you all liked it.

But user they did, And you are right

I liked it user. Thanks for the storytime.

Well, that's news to me.
On a scale of meh to awful, how bad is it?

Aww I thought this was a modern comic and Super got the red pants on.

His older Chinier, Boyscoutier design was way better.

Are you talking about that thing where Penguin runs for mayor of Gotham, quotes Trump basically and is running against an OC woman with Hill in her last name that is also a murderer?

Jesus Superman is a true American.

Does Marvel even have a hero that can compete with that level of 'Murica?

Captain America. At least in the old days before the recent crap.

I want the red undies, too, but DC seems set on keeping the nu52 design despite it being a different Supes.

Weren't they using Harvey Dent as their Trump stand-in?

Did not read it but a lot of people said it was bad, Its in the dcrg thread

Talking about catwoman election year.

I get that occasionally the Justice League, Superman particularly, fights cosmic entities and alien invasions. But I still don't think those words mean what he thinks they mean.

That was a surprisingly decent miniseries. Even the Secret Service agents weren't useless despite their few appearances. Thanks OP.

My votes too important to waste on an "it's our time" symbolic gesture. We aren't electing a role model. We're electing a national leader.

Damn that's a good quote, and then to see it reinterpreted on the next page was pretty nice.

The main story was decent but not particularly noteworthy, the backup story was hot garbage.

Yeah, that's one of my favourite bits from it.

As expected of modern DC.

Warrior women of the DC, ladies and gentlemen! I miss stereotyping.

Disgust.

Its funny how back then they were more sensible on this and this was only a few years ago. Now days politics have just become so pathetic in super hero comics.

He's only endorsing him so he'll be close enough to protect him from the guy trying to kill the candidates. Same for WW.

Yeah I kind of jumped the gun. But it's the kind of thing I'd expect nowadays.

Oh yeah, if this was modern DC, his endorsement would've been serious and we would've had five pages of him discussing why voting for any other candidate is racist.

No shit. Most of the writing in modern comics these days is peppered with glaring soapboxes. For example, Mockingbird.