I'm tech illiterate here if I use a VPN with my uni's wifi and torrent shit will I get caught...

I'm tech illiterate here if I use a VPN with my uni's wifi and torrent shit will I get caught? I hear most universities are really attentive to this sort of shit. I'm not in uni right now but I'll be attending soon and I torrent anime.

Why fucking lie? Nobody who has anything to do with anime is even remotely successful, kiddo. Fuck off this website and never come back.

sage

vpn will encrypt your traffic so they can't tell what you are doing, so no you won't get caught if you aren't a retard

sage
see>>7181233

You will not get caught. Just make sure the VPN host allows torrents and always check that you're connected before you torrent even for a second.

Go away unifag. Universities are a waste of money for any degree now if your white. Also they will see you are using a vpn. They will not see what traffic is inside that vpn depending if the vpn encrypts traffic. It should btw.

Best VPN?
What do you use Holla Forums?

so far psiphon is the best and its free

I hope so

If you aren't doing CP or terrorism you can use any VPN (nobody is going to get a subpoena or a search warrant for piracy) but if you don't want the university to detect anything you should get one with a kills witch feature that prevents absolutely anything leaving your PC unless routed through VPN.

I watch aborted fetus anime and I still go outside every few days.

CAN YOUR GAY THEORY EXPLAIN THAT???????///??????

NO IT CAN'T BECAUSE YUO=GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need vpn. Install/run onion router and configure your torrents thru ports 9100 and 9050
You do this with your bittorrent software

It will take a while but it's probably the only way to be sure

I couldn't imagine how long this would take. I download anywhere from 100-150GB of anime every season

Use airsnort and jack your neighbors wifi. Preferably one with lots people on it all the time.

being such an amerifag u can't get a proper free education

Man, just when I thought about the internet surveillance when living in a college dorm, this thread pops up. In my contract it is even forbidden to use IP-altering programs.

If you can find some free vpn, go with that.

Use Tor otherwise, slow but steady.

Also, don't watch CP cus you don't know what kind of tricks the FBIs got.

bump