Jerbs

So I just applied for a job assembling/testing battery chargers for hybrid and electric cars.
Am I a dirty hippy now?

Jobs/datamining general too I guess.

I highly doubt any electric car runs on 36V.

How green are electric cars tho rly

I just pulled that off of google images. But now that you mention it:
The Tesla has 11 modules with 9 bricks of 3.6 volts each. Since the charging rate doesn't necessarily have to be the same as the output rate, 36V would be sufficient to charge each individual module 1 at a time. Though I doubt the schematic I used is the same as the charger I'd be working on.

Well obviously it depends on where the power gird's electricity comes from. This is Commiefornia we're talking about so probly pretty green.

I weld shit, pipe, tube frames, custom fabrication, whatever pays.

So do you work for a particular company or is it contract work/under the table?

Do you own your own equipment?

What power do the batteries output?
I can translate that to horsepower and see how fast a car like this could go.
Give me average weight too. 750kg? 1200kg?

Without data from you, let me throw a (very innacurate) guess.

I'll assume all modules discharge at the same time. An average car battery puts out 12 amps, but I'm guessing these one's aren't as powerfull, so I'm going with 8 amps.
That's 11*3.6*8 = 316.8 W
So that's 0.424835798 horsepower
Given that a car is usually between 150 and 180 hp, I either botched my math, or there's something really freaky in that car to make it work better than I think.

I'm not expert on electric cars. I'm more of a general electronics guy.
Through my expert googling skills, I have learned that the Tesla has 762 horsepower and weighs between 4,078 and 5,180 lbs.

Your mistake is conflating Volts for Watts. Its Power=Voltage x Current. I provided no details on current so I wouldn't know without googling.
Also, 9 bricks, not 8. It's 356.4V

I'm assuming each module works at 3.6v (with all bricks in parallel to increase lifetime of each module) so each brick puts out 3.6 v * 8 A = 28.8 W. With 11 modules "firing" you get 28.8 * 11 = 316.8 W fed to the engine.
Modern engines have an efficieny rate that rounds 98%, so final energy converted to movement is 310.5 W

I'm trying to figure out what kind of accelaration that puts out but I think I'm forgetting some formula.

back of the envelope calculation: 762HP= 568 kW
568,000/356.4=1593.714927048A
That sounds way too high but eh. I'm not gonna question it

Do you do it for the money or for "da enbironmant!!1!"?
Hope you get that job, that's going to be a stable industry soon enough since a few countries are making a push to ban previous engine types.

Absolutely money. I would prefer working basically anywhere else but I don't have a car and this is the only place in town that's hiring within my skillset.

That's enough to fry someone in half a nanosecond. That can't be right.

Google told me that:
So, mass times accelaration times velocity equals power.
m = 2041 kg
So, to reach 100 km/h (27,7 m//s), it would need an accelaration of: 0..00549 m/s^2 or 0.0015 km/h
Yeah, it seems bogus.
Math at 2am hurts my brain

Frankly, I probly don't need to know shit about the car. According to the job description I'll basically be using a DMM and Oscilloscope to test the thing and then putting the chassis together. I'm more than overqualified to do that. My training is much more geared toward industrial automation: PLC, microcontrollers, HART, etc.

If I has a car, I'd probly already be working at the lumber mill the next town over or a food sorting plant.

Ford is rolling speeding in his grave.

Also, speaking from someone that did a few jobs in a car key factory, you are very much correct. You'll likely be placed in a small assembly line that does one thing specifically with a series of tests done by a few machines you have to monitor. You'll likely not even have to assemble anything, just register values and comment on anomalies.

However, do remember that knowing more about the car may end up helping and showing interest is a small but still important point to put you ahead of the competition.

car charger*

I know how the thing works in theory. As far as specific numbers go I just haven't been bothered to look into it.
Again, I'm working on the chargers, not the car itself.

Nah, you are using ignorant hippies to further plunder the Earth of her resources. Its actually a good thing.

I bet you wear sandals you filthy animal.

Do you still suck teh cock?

Not to mention all the .gov spyware these shitboxes come standard with.

I'll stick to my cars from back in the olden days when people weren't to retarded to drive in reverse without a camera view.

Yeah, I'm probably never going to own one of those electric cars. Just gonna go buy a cheap truck when I can afford to do so.

I wanna work as a janitor for the school district so I can make above minimum wage. I'll be a king among the poors.

Electrofaggot reporting in, the dc voltage doesn't really matter here as these pieces of shit will most likely be using an inverter then running on ac.

You are correct. The Tesla actually uses 3-phase induction motors.

So they double as gay shock therapy too!

I'm gonna bump this thread due to not enough data being mined yet.
accidentally bumped the wrong thread earlier

"How is bubble formed? how man become broke?"
-Elon Musk's search history

Don't start sentences with "so"; It means "therefore." Does "Therefore, I just applied" make any sense? No, at least not within the context of your post.

"So" can also be used to preface a remark.
lrn 2 english, faget.

This.
I actually illegally modified my car to bypass all the green "catalytic converter" shit on the exhaust pipe and tweaked the carburetor so the exhaust is full of soot. I fucking love driving past the smarmy piece of shit liberals. It costs a bit more in fuel, but that's just the price of freedom.

misspelled

should be capitalized

misspelled

Perhaps you should learn English yourself.

Should be in email field

You're slipping.

DERP!

nou

Nice logical fallacy you've got there kiddo.

You're a faggot and therefore wrong.

sage

You're a massive faggot and therefore twice as wrong.

You are the biggest faggot and therefore the wrongest.

ur gay

You're autistic.

OP here. Still haven't received any word from battery charger people but I was put on a database for applying.
Fucking Aerotech contacted me.

They're green with government subsidy money, but not green with tree-love. Just building the damn things releases more pollution than most gasoline cars will in their operational lifetime.

So, kind of the perfect way to rub shit in environmentalists' faces, and their precious dolphins or whatever.

yes