How far are we, temporally, from a cyberpunk world?

How far are we, temporally, from a cyberpunk world?

Other urls found in this thread:

blockstack.org/
zeronet.io/
smarmyarmy.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lain is beauty

As long as weebshitters exist, a long time.

It will never happen. We've just about hit the limitations of technology.

Lain is overhyped trash.

t. faggot with shit taste

t. faggot with shit taste

prove it

Even if that where true, most tech that is associated with cyberpunk is already there, just needs to be implemented. Look at China, it's about as close just less neon

Cyberpunk died about 12 years ago, OP.

YOU'RE LIVING IN ONE ALREADY
Cars are becoming electric, they drive themselves.
Every middle-class person has access to a personal tracking device.
The internet has become centralized.
Computer software is now more heavily locked down than ever before. As a result of this hacking is more prevalent than ever.
The president of the USA is a business-man
Corporations are gaining more power as we speak.
Robotics and AI are becoming more robust by the day.
Censorship runs rampant on the internet.
The news lies to us.
Social media is a giant farm of data-mining and user tracking distractions.
3D printers have become popular, you can pirate physical goods.
Drones exist and are becoming a part of daily life.
You can order items online and have a drone deliver it to you.
Dubai already has robotic police and self-driving police cars, they expect 50% of the police force to be robots by 2030
Elon Musk is building giant underground tunnels for railway/highways
War has become just as much digital as it was analogue
Burger King (in china) are now accepting Bitcoin.
YOU'RE LIVING IN ONE ALREADY

farther than a black mans geneological difference to a monkey

Idiots.

The nookie? Yeah?

you make some pretty good points, user

This tbh. Fuck L*in in her worthless pussy fam.

More like dystopian nightmare. If you can't see the disaster we're heading for, you need to your head checked kiddo.

We are already here kiddo. Check out the >>>/cyber/ board

>>>/cyber/7557
>A FUCKING GALIL IS CYBERPUNK
I AM LAUGHING SO FUCKING HARD RIGHT NOW

bump

Doesn't cyberpunk involve some kind of resistance? We won't have true cyberpunk until some group of rebel geniuses starts making their own alternative Internet, their own computer hardware, robotics, surveillance jamming equipment, etc.

Not everyone needs to be a genius either, although they're important and we would need them. But BALLS can go a long way too. Start wrecking shit. Shoot down mail delivery drones, cut down telephone poles, destroy surveillance cameras, etc.

Or masturbate to Lainchan all day.

cars won't work because they're either electronic or older than shit.

I seriously consider Lain to be the high point of Super-8 film technology we can ever experience.

What are we?
I2p, Tor, and more recently…

blockstack.org/
BLOCKCHAIN BASED DECENTRALIZED INTERNET

People are already doing that.

Like what? I'm talking about making our own microprocessors, flash drives, etc. It's the only way we can know that our computers haven't been designed to spy on us on the hardware level or that they're not full of RFID chips. Or we need to invent some radically new computing paradigm that allows dedicated amateurs to create advanced computers in their own garages that would rival a modern PC.

>I2p, Tor, and more recently…blockstack.org/

That, plus zeronet.io/ and probably a few others. It's a step in the right direction but these solutions need to be adopted en masse in order to be effective. Nobody wants to use a darknet that is a virtual ghost town.

I've proposed before that we should say "fuck copyright" and just start brazenly pirating entire websites onto the darknet: blogs, youtube channels, deviant art galleries, etc, build a community organized around scraping websites and grow from there. Plus we need a new physical Internet (mesh networks), not just darknets. Plus this needs to be monetized somehow. smarmyarmy.com is the embryonic version of what I have in mind. (yes it's mine, yes I'm spamming, blowme.exe)

We also need to start destroying communications infrastructure in order to hurt the ISPs and the cellphone companies. They're nothing but a glorified surveillance apparatus and they need to b taken down by any means necessary. Have a nice day.

bampu

Depends on what you define as cyberpunk, but I think "technology integrated at a core intractable level with society and a dash of dystopia" qualifies as cyberpunk.

We're a long way from that as normies can barely into phones.

Plus social media has shown to turn people into cretins.

FB aka AOL2.0 is antithetical to cyberpunk

I know someone who's job is going to get automated

When the it then only if because why shalst salmon eating porridge floor staining and horses mondays sorry, OK?

Bumping with some /cyber/ pics.

hopefully AI will come to something like this

This guy knows whats up.

A better question would be how would niggers ruin it for all of us?

BUMP

We need loli catgirls to breed with first!

They have always said there is nothing more to discover. They are always wrong.

Just eurofags said there was nothing to discover in the 1400s or how "scientific" societies in 1800s said rice was poison and fruits were sugar with water and unhealthy. They said men cannot survive speeds of 60 km/h or that it was imposible to fly. They were always wrong there is always something to discover

"Cyberpunk" will never exist because the average idiot will never be capable of understanding advanced technology. The mass ownership of computers provided a good example of this, because as soon as computers reached the moronic masses, countless "tech support" sites sprung up virtually overnight; Without them, retards would never be capable of preforming even simple tasks with a computer.

The fact that the average idiot possesses a computer that is millions of times more powerful than those used for the moon landings, and that fits in his hand to boot, yet uses it for nothing more than entertainment on the toilet is incredibly depressing.

Also, what drugs are you doing tonight?
It's nighttime in the majority of North America

This is the most retarded post I've ever seen.

Also It exists right now.

You talk like you know shit but you don't.

we're already in cyberpunk
sorry about the lack of skull machine guns i guess

We're already in a cyberpunk world that's why the genre is dead.

We're in it, we're just at the beginning, before the coolest start.

Not really

Imagine what the internet could have beem. If Jews hadn't ruined it.

pretty shit cyberpunk tbh

That's why moores law is still true to this day?

Idiot.

It's actually coming back pretty strong right now in the media (music, games, movies, (((advertisements))), etc)

THE GAY COMMUNITY