akawebdesign.com/2016/03/25/thoughts-npm-fiasco/
i.imgur.com
imgur.com,
i.imgur.com
imgur.com
bookzz.org/
bookzz.org/.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because being connected to everything and sharing everything with everybody is now part of the "Progress".
The proper question is why do people buy into this and what this means for the world in which you live in - how does the future of human life look like?

Yes, we should remove your freedom to install web browsers and run them without any kind of filtering. You need to be protected from yourself. Install the new imgur app today - it's free!

Because it should be legal. You can block it with many extensions or by resolving faceberg to 0.0.0.0.

Install gentoo umatrix

"Run Chrome, get tracked" is the web equivalent of "Talk shit, get hit". If you care so little about personal privacy that you can't be bothered to switch to a less-botnet browser, why should you care about some facebook-integration javascript?

?

I think user is trying to say that Firefox UI is now just a copy of Chrome's.

Holy shit, I'm an idiot. I actually thought op's browser was Chrome. It looks so much like it. I owe op an apology.

This has been an on-going thing since 2009/2010. Slowly, everything will interlink with everything.

It's going to be hilarious as fuck when one of these goes down and you have millions of dead cross site links.

Don't worry I didn't know what the fuck this thread was about until I read your comment.

At least we still have palememe

you're asking for it, mate

impossible to survive without google search

Use startpage, it's the same shit but better

Didn't that already happen with node.js, or one of those other commonly-referenced javascript-elsewhere things recently?

Not always, I think google is throttling their proxied searches. Sometimes I get completely unrelated stuff on startpage and then the actual result when trying the same query on google (on a clean browser so no cookies/personalized results interference)

Well it's not illegal because people can do cross site shit if they want to.
If it's unethical is another subject tho.
It could be worse it's not like it part of the amazon datamining system. (pic related)

Install umatrix and only whitelist what is needed.

Happened last year if I recall
akawebdesign.com/2016/03/25/thoughts-npm-fiasco/

Why blacklist frames?

If you whitelist 1st party iframes, they can only point into the same domain.

any opinion on ublock orgin vs umatrix, user?

I wish uMatrix had the ability to set "Full address" control, like RequestPolicy.

RequestPolicy allows protocol/port level control, not just subdomain/domain.
Like only allow i.imgur.com from imgur.com, but not allow i.imgur.com from imgur.com

It is very useful for example on many "html5 consoles". Browser shows it as a secure page while it tries to use ws:// instead of wss://

umatrix is autism

and just whats wrong with autism, huh?

>akawebdesign.com/2016/03/25/thoughts-npm-fiasco/

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.

No, umatrix is POWER.

You're both right, autism is power.

Ridiculous.

There's ixquick, qwant, duckduckgo, searx.me, not to mention you can often find what you're looking for by searching directly in a specific website like wikipedia, etc.

tfw I've literally never used google for years

DDG master race reporting in

Also use searx.me and when I need to find books/pdfs this tool is amazing: bookzz.org/

holly shit that link is good bookzz.org/.
Thank you for sharing knowledge.
Thanks user this will have a special place in my heart.

We need to make a backup of it's database.
If the (((majors))) see this it's going to be pwdn.

AUTISM POTENTIA EST
Holla Forums motto

Same here.

torrentproject.se and stackoverflow are also very useful for finding stuff in their respective niches.

Does anyone know of image search without javascript?

All I get is one crappy broken page of images from ixquick and all the other search engines don't work at all.

You're welcome, I'm the original BO of >>>/fringe/ btw, I find any occult books I want using that.

>this tool is amazing: bookzz.org/
Has facebook cookie

Are Holla Forumstards still here?

I know that searx.me is better and why.

...but I still haven't seen actual PROOF that DDG is compromised.

Yes it's jewish and its creator has a shady history.

...but until I see the PROOF that it really is in some way violating my privacy, I'm going to still use it, in particular because it gets me results better than the others. I don't want to use ixquick because it's basically going to give me jewgle results and I don't want to use searx.me because it's kind of a mess.

Is this your first fucking day on the internet?
Run uBlock, Noscript, and (if you want to double-bag it) Privacy Badger and you'll be fine.

Inb4 some retard posts the picture claiming that Nginx is unsafe botnet software because it operates as an SSL termination proxy, without even knowing what SSL termination is.

bookzz is great. It's part of the libgen, bookfi, sci-hub family.

That software is a piece of shit
you don't need it if you use ublock origin.
Nocript for a beginner isn't recommend , Honestly put noscript to any newbie and after 5 min he'll have it either uninstall it or let everything go.
Umatrix is a good compromise thanks to it's interface you know what you are letting in.

What? noscript is far more user friendly than ublock

Because when the government starts telling people what's legal and what's not for their own sake (instead of letting retards be retard), you get Venezuela.

I am not comparing ublock origin to noscript.
I am comparing noscript to umatrix.

I meant umatrix, my bad

Icecat with java disabled and uMatrix set to 1st party CSS/Images only. Always running through VPN because I don't like my ISP logging me.

I rather have some random server outside my country doing it and since I'm always running HTTPS they will only be able to log what webpage I visit. Also I don't like websites that I visit having my real IP, they can build profiles based on that.

That site really looks like shit in Links, so I have no desire to go there. I have little tolerance for this kind of bullshit.

Mud countries are shit because they're full of muds.

One part of me thinks "well, they're free to put tracking shit if they want to". But another part would like to stick it to the trackers. Well, I guess you can just block them.

Been using iridium for a while, reason for switching to it was so I could keep using my chrome extension with all the filters and settings and custom stylesheets saved, but now lately it's been acting up on a lot of websites due to what I believe are outdated certificates.

Beginning to think it's time to ditch chrome* altogether but firefox runs like ass. What other browsers are there that might be worthwhile that can also run ublock origin?

If only you were capable of comprehending your own stupidity.

That's not what happened in Venezuela you fucking retard.

why is fringechan down

Try Pale Moon. Firefox' autistic cousin that runs slightly better.

Pale Moon is my go-to browser and even I know this is a lie.

I never get why people say that about FF. Runs like silk on muh c2d thinkpad w/Slackware. Anyway, if I couldn't use FF, I'd probably adopt qupzilla.

HAHAHAHA OP what garbage are you running?

Since about 2013 it's run significantly worse than any other browser I've used on every OS I've tried. It's a real shame but firefox has dropped the ball significantly. I just use palmeme now and I just keep thinking "This is what firefox was meant to be"

Just my anecdote.

Total opposite for me. Chrome sets my thinkpad on fire and chugs it to a crawl. Fx is the only usable experience even with dozens of tabs open.
Fuck hardware, right?

qupzilla, in my experience, is so badly broken it's not worth trying to put up with it
t. webshit pro with console open all day
I wish it wasn't like this because the sites that aren't broken load FAST

always use both, it's not overkill because if a site ever fails to function it's 99% because of umatrix

dito

There was a very big down at some big I acknowledge that but now it's good.

dito again, I have been running the nigthly version on old Athlon monocores and it just works.

Just starting in Holla Forums and even I know FF was completely broken from versions 29 to 45.
I would leave it but I really like its costumization.

I don't think any browser allows https to ws any more unless you go out of your way to allow insecure requests.

Where the fuck did you stumble from to get here?

Also see

See attached WebM. Do you need a signed admission from the Jew in charge before you'll accept the fact that Bing ads constitute a violation of privacy?

Don't blame this cancer on us. I'm the guy that made the post in the bottom right of that picture. Note the time stamp.

It's "pozzed", you dumb fucking goon try-hard. Fuck you.

Go back to reddipol, retard.

People like you are the reason people think paid shills post on this website you know?

I though that at least this board could have tor users posting without crying like babies.
((())) is a meme at this point faggot
And in honesty the day it gets in the spectrum of the majors it's going down.

I use origin at work. Most sites I go to there require JS, and I don't go to the places that have really aggressive tracking.

At home uMatrix is necessary. Origin assumes some sanity on the part of the website designer, but people do crazy obfuscated shit way too often.

Origin is really painless though, I don't know why normies don't use it by default yet. Probably a good thing since everything normies touch turns to shit.

Every once in a while I get too used to uMatrix, and think "i bet it's not that bad, do I really need to bother?". Then I turn it off for a bit, and realize that if you browse by loading all resources the site wants these days, sites are slow as fuck. They're also non-responsive, not just performance but hiding basic content behind retarded animations and popups.

My favorite moments is when their styling JS or whatever the fuck breaks, and I see just an article with the default style, black on white 12pt Time New Roman.

Sometimes I wish all webpages were literal pages provided as PDFs generated in Latex.

Is there a userscript or plugin for Firefox I can use to prevent this kind of thing from happening? Facebook is embedded into fucking everything.

Any that come to mind?

uMatrix, obviously

qwant
searx
ixquick (multiple search engines)
startpage (google results)

Oh, how I love the Alt+v+y+n (english localization) key sequence in Firefox :)

Vivaldi master race (old Opera devs quit and made this instead, fast-ish, good features)

Other good browsers:
K-Meleon (interface looks like windows 99, fast)
Waterfox (FF-based)
Pale Moon (FF-based)
Cyberfox (FF-based)
Brave (removes web ads and replaces them with their own using "anonymized" browsing history)
Maxthon Nitro (fast as fuck, sends your data to China)

see

see

Tor Browser is the only browser, everything else shouldn't even be considered. Prove me wrong.

First tell me how I can prove you wrong that "everything else shouldn't even be considered" ?

By providing a use case where some other browser could possibly be considered.

Privacy Badger. Ghostery works also.

What a waste of quads.

I have no paranoia to spying for I am not a criminal.

Viewing local HTML documents.

Because using the internet doesn't yet require passing a basic competence test, in the same way using a car does. And with people like you infesting it, it really should.