THE MEGATRON STORYTIME THREAD

Let's start off with the big mech's spotlight, shall we?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w5U6-R9d-hc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Warning: might be dragged off for supper soon.

DECEPTICONS, TRANSFORM AND RISE UP

ALL HAIL MEGATRON

Restoring Status Quo 101. Take notes, class!

That was badass. I'm surprised he just didn't fuck Starscream in the ass and make him his fuccboi.

MOAR

Which is funny since IDW'S G1 comics somehow has gay robots.

No fucking way…

Ask, and ye shalt receive. For now we take a look four million years into the past… while taking a good hard look into the rivalry between Optimus Prime and Megatron of Tarn.

I know! When you want to do that, it must be done in a sensical and badass fashion.

He could've. But with Megatron and Starscream, spite is a powerful force.

Oh yeah…they did.

I know about the mansplaining shit but that's just really out of place. They're robots. Barely even bio-mechanical robots either. They shouldn't even have the need for romantic relationships. Much less the desire for gay relationships.

Yet somehow, they did it with Cyclonus and Tailgate and with Chromedome and Rewind. Heck, Brainstorm had one too.

Strictly speaking, Transformers were always a monogender or genderless race. No, don't mention that whiny bitch who changed that, those are for the colonies anyway.

Hmmm. I'm really not sure how I feel about this.

Not really…they had female Autobots since the 80's. The genderless race thing was IDW only and then Simon Furman made Arcee's backstory into this unlucky bot who was forcibly changed into female by Jhiaxus…and is now a psycho kill happy bitch.

I should also say, I like how rare they made Megatron's smile in IDW. It's the kind that promises horrible things for the universe around him.

That's what I was talking about. In IDW, it had set the genderless with Jhiaxus-made exceptions for most of its run.

I'll extract the next comic in a moment.

Strictly speaking, this is Optimus's show, but for this issue, Megatron speaks through him.

Aaand a teaser for completeness sake. Next, we'll take a look into something written not as well, but just as badass.

Isn't that the one where DnA wrote the story with this thing?

That's one, yes. Putting an end to D-Void.

Now, we head a little further from where we left off 4 million years ago…

For this next issue, I offer you some music.
youtube.com/watch?v=w5U6-R9d-hc

Its weird Megatron has this talk of revolution and equality in society yet in his early days he's a thug.

Of course, they later retcon him being a miner who wrote a book and the Autobots are corrupt as hell

So this fighting ring thing was before the miner bit?

OI DIS GIT AINT A BIG MEK. I WUZ PROMISED A BIG MEK

Fighting ring came after his stint as a miner.
That sequence with Whirl got him angry and considering violence. The pit fights gave him a taste for it and honed his skill.

If anyone can crop the text from that front cover, that'd be great.

ALL HAIL MEGATRON

Oh, you thought I was done? Hell naw, now we have to dig into Megatron's big entrance into IDW… with some events leading up to it. And some apes.

…Why do you do this to me now, filing system? Sorry, folks, on we go.

ahh ok then user. Thanks.

I like the artwork in this. reminds me of an old school comic that tried a manga look but its more subdued.

Sounds like a style to fit the Transformers franchise.

this thread brought to you by (((Mattel)))

Picture's blank, user.

look closer

seriously, look closer, it's not blank

Nah.

LOOK CLOSER

Well would you look at that. Your timing couldn't be better.

Also, oh exploitable.

Lol, picture four be all ME AND MY FRIENDS LIKE THIS WHEN WE WALK IN A PARTY!

Did the storytime user go to sleep or something?

Will update either today or after the weekend.

I STILL FUNCTION

Oh also, Soviet!