Pyra - Dragonbox Thread

Is it worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q0X97nV2yaM
indiegogo.com/projects/gemini-pda-android-linux-keyboard-mobile-device-phone#/
sciencetimes.com/articles/9682/20170302/meet-raspberry-pi-zero-w-the-10-computer-in-a-pocket-complete-with-bluetooth-and-wifi.htm
lifehacker.com/build-a-nintendo-ds-sized-portable-raspberry-pi-1767147400
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, they didn't ship the thing yet, so we can't really say.
With all the information we have, I say it is to the right person, it's a unique device.
Almost fully FOSS, runs Debian (Instead of Pandora OS or whatever). They are autistic levels of perfectionists about all the components in the thing, so it should be a good product.

I've been waiting for over a year after preordering it man
imagine being on the hook for money that long
It's specs and shit look cool at the very least so thats something

you trying to shit up the whole board or just the thread?
share some input faggot

They ironed out a lot of their problems and purged their bad actors with the epic clusterfuck that was the OpenPandora, which still came out in the end.

I am fully looking forward to buying this device, Hopefully I can connect some bluetooth headphones and use it as a phone.

The problem with these things is that the German makers are fucking autistic about every tiny detail so their dev time is in literal years, everything is perfect(check out their youtube for some real autism) but the CPU is shit by the time it comes out.

Hopefully their replaceable SOC board is the first upgrade to be shipped.

Wish they would SHIP THE FUCKING THING.

The idea is great anyway.

Yes.
Next question.

This has nothing to do with being German, and everything with being strapped for cash. Rapid prototyping is costly.

why the fuck would I buy hardware made by Somalians?

Germans are know for there tech.
OP here, after reading this thread i think it legit, i feel sorry for ya who wait, but when its truly out it will be nice!

When it's out, we'll need a whole Dragonbox board, not just a thread on Holla Forums.

There is no Germany anymore.

and they are also know for much greater things

As long as there are Germans, it can be rebuilt.
DEUS VULT

user I am only ever reminded that I ordered it when these threads come up
yeah I look forward to it, but it's gonna be a while

also I think there is a page that says how many have been reordered and after a certain amount they will start making them
been a while tho so I could be wrong

no. I mean really imagine trying type thousands of lines of text on that thing.

Just bring a back pack and a laptop.

I typed thousands of lines of text on a very similar device -- the clamshell Sharp Zaurus. You get good at it.

I could use my Zaurus in classes that discouraged laptops -- because it wasn't so obtrusive. I could use it on a cramped bus. I could pull it out and use it while waiting for the bus. I didn't worry that it would get stolen. I could carry it and also a mandatory laptop for work or whatever without complaining about the weight. I could tuck it in the ultimate unashamed white man's utility apparel -- the fanny pack -- and have it on me 100% of the time, not just when I'm expecting to be able to sit at a desk for a while.

god fucking damnit when is this thing shipping?

I thought I'd just settle with getting gyped on the preorder, since my new laptop is so good, but I'd still buy the thing if they'd just make it available.

GPD pocket is a chinese made pocket/portable PC that you could actually touch type on and will run ubuntu.

So how do you justify the pyra aside from muh games?

In Two Months™

It actually fits in a pocket.

The pyra is not hardware backdoored by the Chinese military for a start?

But is it rugged?

youtube.com/watch?v=q0X97nV2yaM

I actually ment the GPD Pocket but holy shit the Pyra looks like a semi-rugged device.

Well then you asked the wrong guy because he meant the Pyra too.

There's also the Gemini PDA which is similar.

come on man

indiegogo.com/projects/gemini-pda-android-linux-keyboard-mobile-device-phone#/
I'll wait I think

It also doesn't stop you from doing repairs and the shop will sell spare parts, as they did for the Pandora. If the case or the screen cracks, you can replace it yourself.

I really don't see the point of UMPCs and similar devices outside of playing games. Sure you can connect to the internet and sure a physical keyboard and a full OS definitely makes typing and multitasking a much more enjoyable experience than on a smartphone, but on the other hand it seems that everyone being connected all the time has had a negative effect on the internet. I personally don't believe in going on the internet with anything smaller than an older netbook (back before they all went to 10"+ screens because thin is small no matter how long/wide a device is), as if I can't justify carrying the bulk of an older netbook then I'm not going to be sitting down enough to actually enjoy doing anything on the internet and connecting to the internet can wait.

Endless shitposting whenever and wherever. Get used to it.

It's just not very interesting. YALS - yet another Linux system. How come in the 80's there were so many cool computers, but now it's all the same crap? Guess I'll just save my money up for a MiST board, or similar FPGA thing.

Wat? This is going to be competing with smartphones and is massively different from the depressing sameness of near identical touchscreen slabs being made by everyone with the exception of BlackBerry.

And it has gaming controls! This is over-priced hardware for Holla Forumsirgins and retards. You can have a single-board computer for $10 that can run GNU/Linux and even with the necessary monitor, keyboard, power supply, etc., you can get a complete system for easily less that $100. Hell, you can buy a shitty mini-laptop these days for $200 and just plug in a USB gaming controller. If I wanted something that fits in my pocket I'd just play my Nintendo 3DS, limited edition with the Zelda logo (I don't even hardly play it, holy shit).

Nice system and I really want one, but it's just too expensive for me.

Please draw the contraption that would allow you to use all that shit on the go.

Oh, forget what I said. Just kill yourself already, faggot.

Please try to ignore Holla Forums's resident troll.

How is that supposed to make him an hero?

They thrive on attention, negative or otherwise. Ignore them and they get bored.

I don't want him to get bored, I want him to an hero. Or at least become a massive Chris-chan grade lolcow.

I will never die, because you deserve eternal torment.

Rasperry Pi Zero W
sciencetimes.com/articles/9682/20170302/meet-raspberry-pi-zero-w-the-10-computer-in-a-pocket-complete-with-bluetooth-and-wifi.htm

lifehacker.com/build-a-nintendo-ds-sized-portable-raspberry-pi-1767147400

I'd consider buying it if they stopped repeatedly pushing back the fucking date and shipped it

no u

There was never a set release date. How can you push back something that doesn't exist?

Bump

I like how I can't be argued with on the merits. This is overpriced hardware for Holla Forumsirgins. Prove me wrong.

Not an argument

>>>/oven/

toucé

>>>/auschwitz/

Please try to ignore troll posts.

Anyone have a good site for buying dragon dildos? Just curious.

Since the UMPC thread seems to be dead:
Im currently building a raspberry pi PC with the raspberry pi zero W inside a sun glass clam shell case.. It is going to have a 2.8 inch screen and use the xbox chatpad as a keyboard.

Oh well: bad-dragon.com

u fail Shlomo

Opinion discarded.