Why is Trump not taking advantage of this?

You may already know, due to a heavily-slid, heavily-shilled article here on Holla Forums, that our shit-colored leader intends to hand over control of the internet to the rest of the world, clearly insuring that freedom of speech will be ruthlessly squashed & sites like ours will be banned.

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/17/internet-two-months-left-obama-gives-control-dictators/

Although there is a fight going on right now about this in the House (and Ted Cruz is one of the champions, believe it or not), the mainstream media is uttering not a peep, hoping it can be slid through without anyone's knowledge.

MY question is…where is the God-Emperor on this? As Hildabeast will clearly be in favor of anything that wrecks American freedom, especially when that freedom is being exported so easily to the rest of the world, why is Trump not loudly proclaiming his opposition to this travesty?
He could gain the support of younger voters, who clearly would want the internet they grew up with to remain free, and thus make his coming landslide victory even greater.

If there are any Trump election workers out there monitoring this site, please get this information to him, and explain the importance of his taking a stand on this, not only to gain votes, but to bring it to the attention of the public, that seems blissfully unaware that this is happening.

Seriously, this should be a major campaign issue at this time.

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4150891/republican-debate-donald-trump-internet/
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/donald-trump-will-ban-the-internet-and-penetrate-it-to-find-isis-lays-out-how-he-will-do-so-in-gop-a6775416.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ebin

time.com/4150891/republican-debate-donald-trump-internet/
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/donald-trump-will-ban-the-internet-and-penetrate-it-to-find-isis-lays-out-how-he-will-do-so-in-gop-a6775416.html

Nice attempt at shilling, but your article has nothing to do with this.
Trump is talking about finding and shutting down ISIS & other terrorist-built sites, and nobody cares about that.
What Oblowme is talking about is handing over control of the internet to the rest of the world, and as we have seen many times here, even Europe does not have freedom of speech, only the U.S. truly does.

"In the wake of the embarrassing revelation that the National Security Agency (NSA) was spying on foreign leaders, the Obama administration announced plans in 2014 to shift control of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) from the U.S. to a multilateral body.

Under the supervision of Obama crony and Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker — a billionaire heiress and campaign bundler with no technological experience, and a history of failure in the subprime loans industry — the administration has ignored critics of the plan. They point out that transferring control of domain names to a body like the UN’s International Telecommunication Union (ITU) could leave autocratic nations like Russia, China, and even Iran in charge of the world’s most important free medium.

U.S. control of domain names has guaranteed freedom of speech and commerce across the Internet, against the strenuous efforts of countries like China and Iran to suppress Internet traffic and content. In addition, victims of international terror have found potential relief in U.S. courts by suing to seize the domain names of countries like Iran in lieu of direct compensation. Without U.S. control, those victims would have no possible recourse.

The Republican-controlled House passed legislation in 2014 to defund the ICANN transfer, and in 2015 to provide Congress with a 30-day period to review it when it happens. Earlier this year, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) introduced the Protecting Internet Freedom Act to prevent the transfer without Congressional approval.

But while the bills have been debated, the administration has moved ahead, the Washington Examiner reports, with transfer scheduled Oct. 1."

Trump isn't going to do anything against Penny Pritzker. Read his books

Open information and the free communication of individuals on the internet has been one of the crucial source of Trump's political power. He's heavily incentived to keep it that way to negate the power of the press. I don't think trying to reduce ISIS' ability to recruit online while maintaining a free internet is some kind of impossible balancing act.

Well, we do have >>>/islamicstate/

Trumps Internet team can't even figure out how to process a simple request to Unsubscribe from his spam emailers. They continue to hide this from Trump to make their team not look like the bumbling assclowns they are since they know trump doesn't have the skills to dig into their incompetence. How can you possibly expect them to effectively communicate a matter of this complexity?

>>>/gaschamber/

He's referring to Obama, America's current leader, not our leader.

Dummie.

My god, just how stupid ARE you?

First of all, you're retarded. Secondly, as a non-American, your government should never have had that much power over the Internet in the first place. Thirdly, all DSN does is assign names to IP addresses. They can't take you off the internet in any way shape or form. So your hysterical fears of censorship are just that - hysteria.

As for me, come October I'll log on to the Internet knowing that I don't need a foreign government's permission to go about my business any more. Thanks Obama.

First of all, non-American (be ashamed), the power to withhold DNS numbers for noncompliance will force servers to do their bidding, no matter how anti-free-speech & unamerican their rules may be.

Secondly, the U.S. has guaranteed freedom of speech, so who better to run the entire shebang in the first place?

Unless you're one of those filthy, disgusting, SJW-type retards that want to classify anything YOU PERSONALLY don't like as "hate speech" & fuck up everyone else's ability to communicate .
If so, please kill yourself…seriously, kill yourself. The entire world hates you, and everyone wants to see you dead.
So commit suicide, and do the entire world a favor. I'm not kidding, do it.

Have you told your parents you're on the computer thinking you're good at trolling?

HTML5 will make it impossible to play copyrighted content you havent payed for
this means more tracking spying and programs only working if you sign user agreements exclusively with real information etc
not a world i want

This is why. A lot of the things Trump says and does he has to keep in mind that the media will try and bury it or purposely misconstrue it.

He should push for this more and figure out how to reconcile getting tougher on ISIS while pushing for such freedom.

Trump was a mistake. We should have chosen Ted Cruz.

Fuck off, who else could possibly be better in charge? And I'm not even an American.

handing over the internet to the globalists is a horrible idea why are we even debating about it. If that happens we are going to have to go to an underground internet that actually works.

Why is your shit white?
* or orange *

The internet is one of the few issues I disagree with Trump on at the moment, although I think he'll come around. Nobody around him is a good tech advisor, the Breitbart guy will help him a bit though.

On a similar note, I remember Trump at a rally talking about the DNC leaks and saying that "some of the best hackers of all time" are 400pounds in bed or something… anyone have a webm of it?

anti slide all the way my friend.

So lets get a perception of worst case and ready are selves for that.

Before (not if) Trump gets in, there could be a "Blackout" of sorts with sites like ares, as well as other "questionable" sites. So they do some backing up on external, non net enabled systems/drives and place them in a sort of storage (deep hole in a field some place, or the like) and wait out the small amount of time the "black out" would last, then its back to business as usual.
As far as I can tell. Any one else have another idea for worse case?

I can't wait for him to win already

hue

Because Trump is a shabbos goy