Is he right Holla Forums?

Is he right Holla Forums?

That video isn't really all that informative but Lucas is a great director, yes.

At times the prequels became demo reels for Lucasfilm and ILM. Lucas was using a lot of new techniques that are now commonplace and was trying to show them off. Really AotC was too early and too important to be the guinea pig for digital cameras that it was.

Still pushing this meme, lads?

They're the best of the bunch. I don't personally believe any Star Wars films are good, but out of all of them The Prequels are the most ambitious, interesting, and visually impressive.

on a technical level they were cutting edge.
story well it's not like it was any worse than the stuff it was influenced by.

still pushing this meme, lad?

Lucas seemed to be about 5-10 years ahead of everyone with Attack of the Clones in regards to the digital/cgi stuff.

5-10 years too early.

They're still good.

Not really, the prequels have some of the most tasteful use of CGI ever. It was early enough that they couldn't just replace everything with CGI but had to use it to enhance traditional filmmaking.

le kys

still pushing this meme?

Your anime is smugger. You win.

It still doesn't look bad, I mean sure you can tell what's artificial but that doesn't make the movie shit. The bluray rips are fine quality.

Still pushing this meme?

>prequels are bad
>Still pushing this meme?

They really aren't bad. They have a few flaws, but everything else is overblown nonesense from middleaged neckbeards who can't accept that their childhood is over. Pretty much everything these people harp on about (cheesy dialogue for example) was also present in the original trilogy.

this pushing meme still?

Contrarian much?

edgelord much?

Isn't it interesting that a lot of "Good things about the prequels" and "Why the prequels were actually good" articles and videos started frequently popping up after Disney bought Star Wars?

The last 2 star wars movies were so shit, they made the prequels look good.

Considering the labored steps Jew Jew and Disney have taken to disavow the prequels, I don't think it's Disney's attempt to rehabilitate them.

True, but even before the new shitshows were released. They started popping up immediately after the purchase.

Canonically, they can "disavow" them as much as they want, because it pleases the loser fanboys. Even then, they still bring up prequel ideas in the shitty new movies and market The Clone Wars and Rebels TV shows. But the prequels are still a Disney property, now, and that means merchandising, DVD sales, potential rereleases, and all the other stupid shit that made George Lucas millions is now in their hands. Disney doesn't want to throw away such a sizable amount of money.

It's a solidly constructed fantasy adventure series for kids.

Almost like Disney Star Wars is so shit it made us look back on the prequels more favourably.

I thought it was sci-fi?

Lol.

harry potter is better in every facet

Go choke on a dick, hotpocket.

Go learn something about cinema

This is a warning flag for me. Not fucking touching that clickbait shit.

yeah, adapting books always mean the movie has a solid chance of being shitty (most of the hp movies were ok, but when they shit the bed they really shit the bed), whereas a story made for film will be better.

star wars > harry potter

lmao you are a brainlet who is a plotbabby

star wars is shit all around and im a big star wars fan stop being unironically cancer

Cartoon creeps are the worst.

Alright I'll refresh my statement, star wars is perfectly fine as samurai western fantasy comedy space operas but the new ones are cancer and the prequels had lots of bad in them along with good, although episode III is good. HP are all good, even the worst GOF is still pretty good. They are nothing like the books though thats why so many people shrug them off.

But in terms of how the series is fairing, the tone progression atmosphere everything is stale as is the story and world building since lucas is RIP

The overall message of Harry Potter is pretty disgusting.

HBP is the worst.

Bravo Abrams!

Pretty good.

HP is kino try rewatching pleb

LMAO

top kek

nah, hp is popcorn entertainment, same as every other blockbuster.

wew lad

wew lad

He's a hotpocket too

idk

Harry Potter is a dystopia how fucking stupid are you mate? enjoy watching your shitflicks it is kino