Uncle Ted Thread

All Holla Forumsacks should be familiar with Uncle Ted and his work–even if they ultimately come to reject his main arguments against the technological society.

We must keep our eyes open with regard to technology and its effect on us and the planet.

Full text of Uncle Ted's Manifesto, "INDUSTRIAL SOCIETY AND ITS FUTURE"
cyber.eserver.org/unabom.txt
archive.is/Xpeqy

Critics of Technology Resource Thread: Uncle Ted, Spengler, Jacques Ellul, et al
>>>/polarchive/1022
>>>/polarchive/1026
>>>/polarchive/1027

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ev2WN
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-the-system-s-neatest-trick
jrbooksonline.com/pdf_books/imperium103.pdf
en.metapedia.org/wiki/Imperium_(book)
limpidsoft.com/a5/wiganpier.pdf
yahoo.com/news/the-unabomber-letters---a-yahoo-news-special-report-170846210.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Murray
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mind_of_Adolf_Hitler
archive.is/6vo7J
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ted on Leftists

The System’s Neatest Trick

–For the sake of its own efficiency and security, the System needs to bring about deep and radical social changes to match the changed conditions resulting from technological progress.

–The frustration of life under the circumstances imposed by the System leads to rebellious impulses.

–Rebellious impulses are co-opted by the System in the service of the social changes it requires; activists “rebel” against the old and outmoded values that are no longer of use to the System and in favor of the new values that the System needs us to accept.

–In this way rebellious impulses, which otherwise might have been dangerous to the System, are given an outlet that is not only harmless to the System, but useful to it.

–Much of the public resentment resulting from the imposition of social changes is drawn away from the System and its institutions and is directed instead at the radicals who spearhead the social changes.

archive.is/ev2WN
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/ted-kaczynski-the-system-s-neatest-trick

I will bump with observations on technology from important thinkers:

Francis Parker Yockey

–Francis Parker Yockey, Imperium
jrbooksonline.com/pdf_books/imperium103.pdf
en.metapedia.org/wiki/Imperium_(book)

George Orwell
limpidsoft.com/a5/wiganpier.pdf

_

I wish there was a way to be relatively off grid and somehow still use the internet. I live in a cold climate too.

-Henryk Skolimowski, Technological Alienation

-Henryk Skolimowski, Human Space in the Technological Age

–José Ortega y Gasset, Toward a Philosophy of History

Here is a lego animation of "Ship of Fools", which is a story Ted wrote criticizing leftists.

I recently read his manifesto and parts of it were pretty based, especially this part

Although I'm not a luddite myself, he does have some solid points. The rejection of natural order is harmful not only to a man's psyche but to his spirit. This is something that is outright ignored in our modern society.

__

Lewis Mumford

It's doable, you won't have anything more than a small nettop computer with a simcard to access a cell tower, but it's doable.

The pinch however, is that you cannot use anonymising software such as TOR, i2p freenet etc or even a vpn securely, because it sends out a signal which anyone with rudimentary equipment can read.

Mostly just some faggot rambling about the bond between brothers. Not really much of Ted. Turned off after 9 minutes in.

I know a few people in northern california who live off grid (power, water, septic. etc…..). They use satellite Internet and it's actually quite fast.

I agree with much of this. These posts are identifying problems that I see and live with. But I don't see any way around them.

Bump, Teddy K was seriously a major step in my redpilling process. The scariest thing was reading it and feeling that I disagreed with the conclusions but agreed with all his logical steps from start to finish. It's a perspective outside of conventional political ideologies that turns everything on its head.

based pole, don't know why the bongs hate the polish on here so much

Going to start dumping some of Ted's letters that I saved from an old thread. Good reads.

2/?

3/?

Of course it's the Ted shitposter posting alongside other Holla Forums CP spammers and sliders now. I knew he was one of them since the beginning.

4/?

5/5

That is all I've got.

Nice thanks user

But technology is freedom, silly goys. Where would we be without the industrial revolution? Now get back to work so you can afford that iPhone9. It has a fancy strobe light that changes color according to your local timezone!

I'm pro-tech, but have a bump. Very important topic.

Technology is destroying humanity, by humanity I mean white people. Technology sucks. It might be doing more damage then (((them))), but theirs no way back now.

———————-

–Rene Dubos, Biologist, So Human an Animal: How We Are Shaped By Surroundings and Events

Oh fuck off user.

I haven't posted Uncle Ted stuff in months, because fags like you and the mods keep reporting, bump blocking, banning, for whatever kike shill reason you all have to shut it down.

Good work OP.

thanks.

Reported

Was he redpilled on the Jews?

Ted argues that technology is the primary threat to the world–for him, all other problems are distractions that pale in comparison.

He doesn't like Leftists one bit, though.

so then what happens?

do we just all become like african tribe nogs and everything will be ok?

When you read the manifesto, you see him lay out how technology inevitably leads to the problems he ascribes to it. He also readily admits that technology itself may well be inevitable, and therefore these problems, are impossible to avoid. The meat and potatoes of the manifesto is more so about how much the intelligent people of the world delude themselves with their surrogate activities into developing science and technology, and the mental gymnastics they will resort at the entire race's dignity and expense to avoid confronting it and giving it's implications critical thought.

nice haven't seen these before

The 20-year anniversary of Ted's capture was last spring. Of course the Lugenpresse didn't engage with his ideas at all, but Yahoo News did have a special series on Ted the man, if you're interested in that.

>From his prison cell, Ted Kaczynski — the “Unabomber” who terrified the nation in the 1980s and early 1990s — has carried on a remarkable correspondence with thousands of people all over the world. As the 20th anniversary of his arrest approaches, Yahoo News is publishing a series of articles based on his letters and other writings, housed in an archive at the University of Michigan. They shed unprecedented light on the mind of Kaczynski — genius, madman and murderer.yahoo.com/news/the-unabomber-letters---a-yahoo-news-special-report-170846210.html

Ted Kaczynski admits to not being very schooled in economics nor politics. I would wager that if he studied the policies and ideas of Richard M. Nixon, Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan or Eisenhower, perhaps he would have a different perception about technology's role in society. It's not technology that leads to absolute corruption of a head of state of the political system therein, but rather the back door deals and handshakes that escape the public's attention (usually from bread and circuses by which tech may have spread it, it doesn't mean that b&c wasn't common in Rome which is where the expression actually comes from). While I concede that technology does have the capability to cause environmental damage when left unchecked, there are such things as green technology which holds some promise for the future and for our nation's security as well; freedom from the saudis in the middle east.

why do you not archive your findings? it's not hard you fucktard.

That wasn't his main issue though. His main argument is that the mere existence of technology, and its inevitable progression, makes dehumanization, in terms of robbing human existence of values such as dignity, individuality, even finding beauty in living, as they will be tossed aside by a growing system's needs. Or more so how what is not needed, is explicitly eliminated by such a system.

sure is hipster in here

Jaysus Lah-user! Tank Ye!

Well, he was MK-ULTRA'd by a guy who worked for them:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Murray
Harvard human experiments
From late 1959 to early 1962, Murray was responsible for what would now be regarded as ethically indefensible experiments in which twenty-two undergraduates were used as research subjects.[7] Among other purposes, Murray's experiments focused on measuring people's reactions under extreme stress. The unwitting undergraduates were submitted to what Murray himself called "vehement, sweeping and personally abusive" attacks. Assaults to their egos, cherished ideas and beliefs were the vehicle used to cause high levels of stress and distress. Among them was 17-year-old Ted Kaczynski, who went on to become the Unabomber, a serial killer targeting academics and technologists.[8] Alston Chase's book Harvard and the Unabomber: The Education of an American Terrorist connects Kaczynski's abusive experiences under Murray to his later criminal career.

During World War II, he left Harvard and worked as lieutenant colonel for the Office of Strategic Services (OSS). James Miller, in charge of the selection of secret agents at the OSS during World War Two, reports that Murray was the originator of the term "situation test". This type of assessment, based on practical tasks and activities, was pioneered by the British Military. Murray acted as a consultant for the British Government (1938) in the setting up of the Officer Selection Board. Murray's previous work at The Harvard Psychological Clinic enabled him to apply his theories in the design of the selection processes used by WOSB and OSS to assess potential agents.

In 1943 Murray helped complete Analysis of the Personality of Adolph Hitler, commissioned by OSS boss William "Wild Bill" Donovan. The report was done in collaboration with psychoanalyst Walter C. Langer, Dr. Ernst Kris, New School for Social Research, and Dr. Bertram D. Lewin, New York Psychoanalytic Institute. The report used many sources to profile Hitler, including informants such as Ernst Hanfstaengl, Hermann Rauschning, Princess Stephanie von Hohenlohe, Gregor Strasser, Friedelinde Wagner, and Kurt Ludecke. The groundbreaking study was the pioneer of offender profiling and political psychology, today commonly used by many countries as part of assessing international relations.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mind_of_Adolf_Hitler
(the source of every bs hitler myth still floating around 80 years later)

Ted has attacked anarcho-primitivism several times in his book and in articles like this one below. Most people who insult Ted have clearly never read him.
archive.is/6vo7J

That essay is one of my favorites. It does suck being a slave in an industrialized society but it's far better than eating roots and grubs while trying not to die of dysentery.

Spengler wrote five paragraphs that inspired the entirety of Mumford's work on the machine. Uncle Ted also read Spengler during his time at Harvard, and he was undoubtedly inspired by his work.

therefore, of the Gothic - as expressed in Goethe's Faust monologue when the
steam-engine was yet young. The intoxicated soul wills to fly above space and
Time. An ineffable longing tempts him to indefinable horizons. Man would
free himself from the earth, rise into the infinite, leave the bonds of the body,
and circle in the universe of space amongst the stars.
Grünewald and Rembrandt conceived in their backgrounds, and Beethoven in
the trans-earthly tones of his last quartets, comes back now in the intellectual
intoxication of the inventions that crowd one upon another.
oceans in floating cities, that bores through mountains, rushes about in subterranean
labyrinths, uses the steam-engine till its last possibilities have been
exhausted, and then passes on to the gas-engine, and finally raises itself above
the roads and railways and flies in the air; hence it is that the spoken word is
sent in one moment over all the oceans; hence comes the ambition to break all
records and beat all dimensions, to build giant halls for giant machines, vast
ships and bridge-spans, buildings that deliriously scrape the clouds, fabulous
forces pressed together to a focus to obey the hand of a child, stamping and
quivering and droning works of steel and glass in which tiny man moves as
unlimited monarch and, at the last, feels nature as beneath him.
ascetic, mystic, esoteric. They weave the earth over with an infinite web of
subtle forces, currents, and tensions. Their bodies become ever more and more
immaterial, ever less noisy. The wheels, rollers, and levers are vocal no more.
All that matters withdraws itself into the interior. Man has felt the machine
to be devilish, and rightly. It signifies in the eyes of the believer the deposition
of God. It delivers sacred Causality over to man and by him, with a sort
of foreseeing omniscience is set in motion, silent and irresistible.

Keep in mind this was all written before 1922.

Pdf formatting fucking up my greentext.

>His number, and the arrangement of life as he lives it, have been driven by the machine on to a path where there is no standing still and no turning back. This is the origin of Kaczynski's thesis.

>The working earth is the Faustian aspect of her, the aspect contemplated by the Faust of Part II, the supreme transfiguration of enterprising work - and contemplating, he dies.

Even green technology forces people to work in extremely (compared to the way we are evolutionally adapted) large and impersonal organisations with no autonomy. It is at the very nature of technology to take man out of his natural state.

But what is man's natural state? It is extremely relative. We spent far more time evolving in trees, burrows, or protoplasm than in the African veld.

Most of what we consider purely human as opposed to common animal traits, i.e. our higher cognitive faculties, came after we began using tools and harnessing fire.

Fire set man apart from nature, hence its association with technics and civilization in most mythologies, yet our digestive system is evolved to accommodate cooked food and tool-usage. What this means is that we set down this path long ago, and we must pursue it to its end.

Bumpity