All the excitement with this mediocre game is amazing. It really is big brother's wet dream...

All the excitement with this mediocre game is amazing. It really is big brother's wet dream. I know this has been discussed before but I was expecting some new insights. Have this fuckers figured out how to make people spy for them for free?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_hanke
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyhole_Inc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_(video_game)
nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/primary-calendar-and-results.html?_r=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

woot, meant to write CIA in the title

Pretty simple, it is more of social engineering than anything. If they want to spy, i can assure you every device you carry with wifi capabilities is what they will use to spy on you with.

sorry op, but if i saw something like what you're peddling in the papers i'd think it was sensationalist drivel. the fact that i saw it here doesn't change that one bit.

excuse my fucked up keyboard please.

You can literally read about Niantic's CEO link with the CIA in wikipedia. Gas yourself you fucking shill.

Suggestion; it's a test.

The more pokemon you catch, the more of a drone you are, the better your programming has worked.

They could create an inventory of their slaves ranked by cucked-ness.

Works as a test because it requires actual motivation and going into the real world in front of humans to pass.

Source on pic. OP?

We can make people go places and point their phones at specific things and they will do it because DUDE POKEMON LMAO

The game is incredibly tedious and shitty. Anyone with half a brain won't be entertained by it for more than 20 minutes. I wonder if anyone who uninstalled it quickly is on a list now.

I'd smash that tho.

It's not even that. I've seen people play it up close and they are obsessed with this. They cannot function. Shit, I have my vices, but these people are full-blown man-children.

It's just a game you fucking idiots. What information would they be getting from Pokemon Go that they wouldn't already have been getting from everyone's phone already having wifi? The company that made the game made a lot of money through in-app purchases; why does there need to be another hidden motive?

Programming? What are you talking about? It's a fucking game. It's fun. Have you never enjoyed completing objectives in a game? Have you never enjoyed collecting anything?
Have you forgotten that there are other games that require going outside? Like sports?
When I was a little kid, I spent hours going outside and collecting different bugs in jars. Was that Jewish programming as well?

Except we have the algorithms that generate pokemon randomly and know they work as such. Also, when using the "virtual reality" mode, the pokemon always spawn in the direction that you happen to be holding your phone when you select the pokemon to capture, and at a set distance away, not on the actual geographic location that they are shown on the map. I played for 2 or 3 days
Besides, there is no way they are just covertly collecting thousands of terabytes of video from everyone's phone just to have the ability to photograph specific secret points of interest. They already have a way to "make people go places and point their phones at things," it's called paying a photographer.

I meant GPS

Getting spy happens regardless of whether one has pokemon go installed and plays it.

While that may be true it doesn't explain why the empty lot outside my house with absolutely no landmarks has a pokestop and there have been children and college kids pointing their cameras at my house every day since it came out.

Hers what i think.

1. Earn shekels from in game purchases and advertising businesses through poke stops.

2. Some social engineering. Pokestops in graveyards. Etc. Goy testing.

3. Getting a CIA camera onto a spot. Even if poorly done is still a camera.

I know "people" who play taptitans and sakuraclicker for hours….
The less one has to think coupled with the pointless ass "reward" system, the more the drones love it.

Its another Xbone "achievement" system taken to the next level.

(You made a post on H8chan, +10 points, bronze cup, 420 blaze it horns)

this is just depressing.

Niantic, the company that made the game, also had a previous foray at making a "virtual reality" game called Ingress. I never played it but it was a similar type of game where the object was to walk around and visit virtual landmarks to complete some ingame objective. The locations of those landmarks were all user-submitted suggestions. When they created Pokemon Go, they recycled all of the Ingress landmarks and made them Pokestops. That's why they are where they are, and you can download Ingress to check for yourself.

I would expect the virtual landmarks to be over existing landmarks, not just a dirt lot.

you sure seem angry people are questioning this game
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niantic,_Inc.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_hanke
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyhole_Inc

No, if this was the purpose they wouldn't have completely disabled the thing that lets people track down pokemon.

Pretty much this.

My exact thought… right after I got done thinking "nips, om nom nom nom"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_(video_game)
Read for yourself. Some are (landmarks that are big enough for Google to actually have them on Google Maps, so they can just be automatically pulled) but how do you expect a small company to know which of the millions of virtual landmarks are actual landmarks and which aren't, throughout the entire world?

Pic related from the Wikipedia article might be a sign that there is nothing to worry about.

That actually lends credence to the idea that its a good goy test. Only the truly susceptible will continue to play.

There has to be something to this. The level of popularity this game has is obscene. I've never seen anything get so popular so quickly especially with zero hype beforehand. Nobody even knew this shit was being developed and then BOOM. I could sort of understand if it was the raddest game ever but it's complete shit. It's barely even a fucking game.

Fucking hell.

so mr.niantic expert what about this

I would pay her twenty dollars to leave and never show herself again. Autism meets anthill tits tbh

Question: it was launched shortly after Bernie was eliminated, right? Maybe after he endorsed Clinton? Maybe the assmad millennial demographic was deemed a threat, and needed a distraction in order to remain apathetic about politics after their cuck kike bit the dust.

You guys would be surprised what kind of tedious shit normies actually think is good. Pic related.

I'm not defending the game, I think it's bad. I am defending my point that there is no conspiracy here and you guys are tinfoiling off the charts. What about that post do you want me to explain? One of the founders of the company that made Google Earth used his experience in the field to make a game based on his pioneering work in geospatial data engineering. I already knew about the jewgle connection with the company, it doesn't prove that Pokemon Go is a spying apparatus. Nor does it matter to this discussion that the CIA had invested in Google Earth. Everyone with a smartphone was already capable of being tracked. Everyone already had google maps and there were already hardware backdoors in everyone's phone. What information could they be harvesting from this game that they weren't already from Maps? I've already explained why I don't believe the camera theory would be efficient or effective.

very vigilant.

That's a pretty good racket. She should charge more and offer personal lessons to weaboo NEETS.

it was over a month before that.

This is what cancer looks like

I think it got so popular due to name recognition.

(Frogs vs Smurfs)
Checked.

nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/primary-calendar-and-results.html?_r=0

NO

It was actually announced back in September of last year.

Aw, shucks, nigga

The game (among others) is constantly tracking your location via gps, wifi, and mobile data carrier. It has access to to your camera, microphone, contacts, sms, storage, phone (calling). John Hanke was working for the US Department of Foreign affairs both in DC and overseas. He was not "one of the founders" he was the sole founder of Keyhole before it got CIA funding and VP from their ranks. Then Google bought it. He continues to be the CEO and a part of Keyhole. Did you see:
This is the guy that out of no where decided he wanted to make a virtual reality game for normies? Who then took what he learned from that and made PokemonGo? Which is far more reaching than Ingress ever was.
Saying "it's nothing" is fucking retarded.

oh I forgot to add
Nothing to see here goy!

So does everything else, though. I mean fuck, the Android operating system itself is made by Google and constantly collects location data and obviously has access to your camera and etc.
I'm not saying that all isn't bad. I know it is. Believe me, I know digital privacy has gone down the tubes and it's not a good thing. The only point I'm trying to make is that I don't see how this game could possibly make anything worse. Every connection you just posted could similarly be said about the Android operating system itself. It's made by a company that funded Keyhole which did…

Ingress was kind of fun for a weekend and then I realized it was a waste of time and also more than a little creepy.
I don't understand the appeal of Pokémon Go besides the things that you can do anyway without waving a goyphone around like walking around town, talking to people and possibly making friends, but I guess people are too autistic to do that without a fucking phone game prompting them to do that these days. Seriously, it's so weird to me. I have friends in their thirties that are obsessed with this crap, and every time I bring up how bizarre it is they act like I'm some kind of fucking alien.

Good thing I don't even care about my Goybook nowadays.

The game is tracking this data to understand the userbase. Every game company nowadays is a datamining whore. If they want to spy on anyone, they don't need a game. If the person didn't have this game installed, NSA would still know he went to the gay club suck cock.

I played it. It gets boring fast. It got big because hipsters are faggots and think Pokemon is old or vintage or something. All it did was make me miss playing it on game boy like when I was a kid.

It really is just a game though. Just because kikes are scheming weasels doesn't mean that everything is s conspiracy, it just means normalfags are retarded.

How exactly is this spying or big brother?
the camera? you can turn it off, I dont use AR at all because its annoying

the device location? are you stupid enough to not know that your location is being tracked regardless? it doesnt matter if you play the game, it doesnt matter if you turn off the gps option on your phone, your phone is ALWAYS recording that information and it is a reported fact that the information is being sent to the government.

the hysteria around the game is so fucking stupid, youre giving niantic too much credit and the government too little.

It's not even a fucking pokemon game.

The core aspect of pokemon is not collecting the monsters, it is the battle system. This game just doesn't have it. You rapidly click the screen to battle (according to my girlfriend - I don't even have a goyphone) rather than come up with a strategy.

I guess this means that even fucking pokemon is too complex for normies. Once they dumbed it down to literally rapidly clicking a screen, suddenly it's the biggest fucking thing in the world.

Sounds about right.

fucking kek

slide thread sage

that hair is so fucking awful, girls with giant eyes need to learn to keep the hair short and classy.

I'm enjoying those Pokies, mon.

lol

You niggers don't realize what a godsend this game is to the right.

Check out that Pokemon Go death tracker. Some mexican got shot for "breaking into a house for pokemon". A dyke landwhale gets run over by a stolen car. Two hikers in California are comatose after walking over a crumbly edge for Geodude. This game is killing leftists before the November election. As long as Jewtanic doesn't fuck up the game for 3 more months, it will get more popular and kill even more Hillary-voting losers.

They don't need wifi to listen in on conversation and get your position through your phone, believe me.

This game is bringing the prophecies depicted in SE:L into the real world.

white knight more she might let you clean her out after chad is finished

My friends and I play it. One thing we've noticed is it's incredible for amassing a group of people in one place (a pokestop) and then getting them to move as a unit (to hunt a pokemon.)

If ISIS ever gets ahold of the data and spawns a mew they could kill thousands of people.

I've seem people go through the trouble of getting a SECOND phone rooted and put on their plan for data just to play this shit with faked GPS data. they'll go through all that shit just for a game yet they wont even bother with a basic adblocker

while I wont put possible gov back doors past android or any other device, you can always run it without google applications and cut them off completely. even jewgle play wants "anonymous" gps data for some reason, even if you decline it it'll keep popping back up each time the gps is enabled. IMPROVE LOCATION ACCURACY GOY

wewlad

Unless big brother is interested in your favourite Pokemon this isn't useful to them when they have Google that can do GPS locating and more.

It is, however, useful for keeping track of anything you might have in your house(such as weapons, supplies, and gold/money) via the AR which activates by default every time you open the game, and uses your phone's camera.

This game is indeed big brother's wet dream, just not in the way people here seem to think.

Always remember, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

The camera can be remotely activated and run discreetly. Same for the microphone. They don't need this game for that.

True, but the same can be said of anything with a camera. And idiots who play this game are doing it without the need for the NSA to break the law, since I have absolutely no doubt Niantic has people watching/recording whatever these cameras see.

In tears laughing at this.

If you're concerned about big brother you shouldn't have a smart phone or any phone attached to your name. If you want to have a phone and be safe from big brother you need to buy multiple prepaid low tech burner phones and keep the battery out when you're not using it. and never put the battery in wherever you live because of cell tower triangulation.

Not even that. It's a bad game.

Surveillance photos and videos of areas google earth vans can't go. The "Augmented Reality" isn't battery draining just from cucktendo DS-tier 3d models being rendered.
Tracking movements.
Social experiments.
Surveillance of selected individuals/locations.

Archive it, faggot.

As it should be, weebs are a cancer. Just look at what happened to Holla Forums as soon as the retard board owner invited /a/ over.

Not true. The government can't remotely enable my handycam with no internet connectivity hardware. :^)

Not even suprising, that shithole is full of attention whores nowadays, women ruin every online community…

tbh if you use any modern phone/device you already giving corporations (and in turn three letter american agency soup) a fuck ton of information that i hardly think this matters.

would any one infamous enough to be on cia/nsa lists be playing pokemon go? I really don't think so. Any target worth anything doesn't play goymes or use shitty american devices full of botnets.

im talking strictly about likeleyhood, and tbh if anything its google feeding its datamonster with more data points and cashing out on it.

in the end, only goys play shitty games like this and lets be frank, goy's minds are already owned

I'm honestly shocked it's still popular. I figured it would have peaked in popularity and be on the downward slope by now. I guess it speaks volumes about the attention span of your average normie.

I thought that was pretty shit, at least with the low(er) tech phones.
Like, only accurate to within 100 yards or so.

It gets more accurate over time. If you triangulate a nonmoving device over a course of a few days you can pretty much narrow down the location

If you didn't see how much access that particular game is given, then maybe you should gas yourself. It's a backdoor in game form in addition to every other bit of bullshit already stated in this thread.

The game is already dying. The hype was real for all of about two weeks.

And besides, the CIA/NSA/etc has much better and easier methods of getting the kind of information they get from this game.

Paranoia over this game is extremely retarded.

We already know that the government tracks you using your smart phone. Your movement is tracked, your online traffic is monitored, your voice being recorded.

Tell me, what information does this game give them that they don't already have??

This. If you own a phone, Big Brother can listen and/or look at any time.

At this point it's not even the fact it tracks you. It's the fact that you can add shiny lights to a tracking device and make it "fun" for idiots to swallow it up.

I'm more pissed over the fact nintendo's getting profits to make more genocide devices than the fact this has datamining written all over.

Saging because not contributing anything

BEST WEBM

you could have contributed a bump

PokeGo is undoubtedly a government surveillance tool. Anons are right in that its not a new capability as the government can already target your phone's camera/mic/location, but its another gathering tool that sends its information to be processed automatically in the same facilities that use AI to process the rest of the "metadata" the government collects.

What makes the NSA and its affiliates so sinister is humans never look at whats collected. ALL the information is processed by AI and gets flagged for LEOs depending on what it detects.

One more thing I wanted to add, not quite sure if it's relevant.

Back in 2006 Valve came up with Steam, a DRM, in the release of Half Life 2. These gamers hated the idea of DRM, went ahead and bought, installed the DRM, and played that game. Some time passed, Valve had the idea of making it's DRM into a store which it sells you games digitally through it. Despite not offering for around 9 years no choice for refund, people kept using it since it was convenient to have a game library attached to the same restrictive software allowing people to be datamined, for marketing purposes.

So the idea of fun or convenience at the expense of freedom is a proven concept. My point is that fun, confort and convenience might kill us.

Bogemon go guys