THE BROKE COLLEGE STUDENT MEME

nigger, a good half of the students at my college were living on top ramen. Oddly enough, though, there was a Mormon institute across the street that would feed you all day if you put a dollar in their box. I regularly invited people over there and only like 2 guys actually took them up on the deal.

It was some damn good food too. And they didn't give a fuck if you just showed up to eat and left. Most of the people there were actually Mormon and a bit on the awkward side though. So I had pretty good reason to grab my food and gtfo.

You have to pay for collage in USA?
In Europe they pay you to go to collage.

Except for like 90% of countries in Europe.

Free college is actually a rarity. This is well known by just about anyone who's left the US.
Also, there are gibs programs where you can get payed to go to college in the US too. It's not a whole lot, about $2k per semester if you go full time. That's not including loans, of course, which you could get basically any amount you want but you have to pay those back with interest after you leave. And you can't file bankruptcy to get out of them. If you do file bankruptcy, that student loan debt stays with you.

because they were spending all their money on frivolous shit

Swefag here. I get about ~$820 every month for free, then I have the option of adding another ~$200 every month as a loan.
A friend of mine gets ~$1400 every month because of some anxiety diagnosis. I'm gonna try to get diagnosed too.

Fucking this. You can get your college paid if you go to a community college. You can earn a assosiates degree if you manage to keep your grades above a 2.0 gpa. If you want s uni degree then they will still pay for it but since uni prices are high you will have to take out a loan but only degrees worth getting like engineering you will end up around 10k in debt which is chump change.
They will only look at where you got your 4 year degree not where you went for your first two years. and they tend to take on word of mouth much fucking more over where you graduate from. Good look trying to get a job without any internships or friends though it will be more tough because at least in my industry they value word of mouth much higher than where you graduated from. So no need to blow 60k to go to a "prestigious" University.

That's my take and I will only support engineering/stem and trade. Anything else I don't really know but it probably doesn't needs college degree or worth one.

that's fucking unfair. in Finland we only get 270€ a month, and can take like 2000€ per semester as a loan. also, everything is way more expensive than in Sweden.

To be fair I get the loan reversed (though it's pretty easy to get that). Regularly you get ~$220 for free and can take the ~$800 as a loan.

But if any of these things apply you get it reversed.
1. Went to a 3-month program prior to starting school (you get paid for 3 months while they attempted to get people motivated and stop being NEETs)
2. Have a diagnosis (anything from depression, anxiety, ADD etc.)
3. Are 25 years of age or older and have not completed Gymnasium level studies (obviously doesn't apply to universities)

The first one applies to me but I'm going to try to get a diagnosis too since there's a much higher potential payout there.

I forgot to mention, the diagnosis money is the real cash cow for multiple reasons. Normally you don't get money during vacations but those people even get money every month during our 2 ½ month long summer break.

well I have depression and anxiety but don't get anything extra, and nothing during the summer

fuck everything.

Why people do this to themselves?

if you want money, just go learn how to take risks on local stock markets
you visit Holla Forums, so if you fuck up, noone will care if you lose and kill yourself over it,
but i have faith in you

unrealistic expectations (free trust)
esp. considering trust is money

textbooks are a complete ripoff though. The most expensive netflix subscription would cover about two in a whole year.
If you actually bought textbooks you are an idiot

it makes sense to borrow money if it allows you to make an investment that generates a bigger return than the interest you have to pay on the loan

It's sad, but look at the cause. Our entire culture failed them.
12 years of ""education"" and they don't know any basic life skills.
I was like them and I just recently started doing very basic things for myself and I was honestly shocked at how easy they were and how much money it saves me.

Society is failing these young men.

yeah man, everything is society's fault. personal responsibility is a myth.

If truancy wasn't a crime, maybe you'd have a leg to stand on.
But as things are the government forces adults and children to collaborate with educational institutions that exist to destroy their agency and mentally and emotionally cripple them.

yet many people manage to not become crippled

Stop dodging the issue. How much of the bullshit you were taught in shcool do you remember? 10%? 5%?

What you remember is to get in line when the bell rings and cry when teacher sends you to the principal's office.

Bunch of wasted fucking time. You could have been taught to be a functional adult.

yes, that's very unfortunate. doesn't change the fact that it's completely possible to not be a failure.

well, at least you didn't complain about men not trying to find a 3DPD to be a slave to

Eurofag here, I paid for college (and it was public Uni)

OP's a tryhard faggot

You're both faggots and so are college kids.

So are you. Sorry to break it tp you, but traps are gay.

THE JEWS DID THIS

This is true, but moreso with modern gen y/z couples than students

You keep talkin' that smack, grandpa, and I'll make sure to vote Democratic when I get old enough to pay off my student debt.

Hold up, that should be, "Grandpa, you keep talkin' that smack, and I'll vote Democrat." Fix'd.

I was a broke college kid, never complained about it, never owned a car, wore the same clothes every day, never went out, chose a major that mattered, and never did anything careless or even drank. Where does that put me?