HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Notorious Hate Preacher Anjem Choudary Convicted of Supporting Islamic State, Faces up to a Decade in Jail

Anjem Choudary, one of Britain’s most notorious hate preachers, has been convicted of supporting Islamic State. He now faces up to a decade in jail.

Choudary was convicted at the Old Bailey after jurors heard that he had sworn allegiance to the terrorist group, and urged his followers to do the same in a series of videos broadcast via YouTube.

Both Choudary and his co-defendant, Mohammed Rahman, 33, urged their supporters to obey Islamic State’s leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and to travel to Syria to support Islamic State, also referred to as “the caliphate”, the court heard.

The pair were convicted in July but details of the court case, including the verdict, could not be reported until today. They both face up to ten years in jail for inviting support for a proscribed organisation, and will be sentenced in September.

Prosecutor Richard Whittam QC said: “The prosecution case is that whichever name is used, the evidence is quite clear: when these defendants were inviting support for an Islamic state or caliphate they were referring to the one declared in Syria and its environs by Ibrahim [Abu Bakr] al-Baghdadi at the end of June 2014.

“Terrorist organisations thrive and grow because people support them and that is what this case is about. Do not confuse that with the right of people to follow the religion of their choice or to proclaim support for a caliphate.”

Choudary denied the charges, claiming merely to be a “lecturer in sharia law” giving “the Islamic perspective”.

As part of the evidence jurors were shown a YouTube video lasting one hour and six minutes, uploaded to Choudary’s YouTube channel on 9 September 2014, titled How Muslims Assess the Legitimacy of the Caliphate.

The video consisted of a speech by Choudary, played over the image of a map of northern Africa, the Middle East, north-west Asia and southern Europe.

Choudary begins by setting out his views about the requirements of a legitimate Islamic caliphate, then explains why he sees Islamic State as meeting the criteria, the Guardian has reported.

“The lesson from this narration is that obedience to the caliph is an obligation, if they rule by the sharia. And to obey them obviously means they must be established,” he said.

He added: “I would just say, uh you know, for people who want to live under sharia law, obviously this is a great thing, and for those people who say we are promoting Isis, they are not even called Isis any more. Rather, you have an Islamic state where you have millions of people who are governed by the sharia law and I don’t think it is against the law to go and live there and want to abide by sharia law.”

In another lecture dating from March 2013, which was presented to the jury as background evidence, Choudary makes clear his desire to see a Caliphate established, and his support for military action by an Islamic State.

He said: “That is why the kuffar [non-believers] are worried, my dear Muslims. When the Muslims of the subcontinent gather together. When the Talibaninshallah [God willing] and the mujahideen take Afghanistan and then declare jihad against the mourtad of Zardini and his army of tawaghit, and when they annex and take India and they take Bangladesh and they take Indonesia, you have over a billion Muslims in the area.

(1/2)

breitbart.com/london/2016/08/16/notorious-hate-preacher-anjem-choudary-convicted-supporting-islamic-state/
archive.is/Ozs8o

“We don’t have any borders, my dear Muslims. It is about time we resumed conquering for the sake of Allah.

“Next time when your child is at school and the teacher says ‘what do you want when you grow up, what is your ambition?’, they should say to dominate the whole world by Islam, including Britain, that is my ambition.”

Speaking to Sky News on the night before his conviction, the 49-year-old from east London said: “If you look at my speeches, I have said the same thing for 20 years. For me, it is a matter of worship.

“If people are implementing the Sharia, then I cannot shy away from what the divine text says in relationship to that.

“If you cannot say when you believe in something and you cannot share that view, then you don’t really have freedom to express yourself in this country.”

However, Whittam noted during his defence that Choudary and Rahman were both “acutely aware” of the potential for criminal charges over their support for Islamic State.

“The prosecution alleges that this led to great care in the way in which the defendants expressed themselves publicly, particularly after Isil was proscribed as a terrorist organisation by the home secretary,” he told the court.

Born in London, Choudary graduated from Guildford College of Law and set up his own solicitor’s firm in his 20s. However, he gave up the practice after deepening his Muslim faith, eventually going on to study sharia law under Syrian-born Bakri Muhammad, a Salafi Islamist militant leader who in the 1990s formed al-Muhajiroun with the aim of promoting sharia.

Choudary courted controversy, first with al-Muhajiroun, and later with Islam4UK, for which he was spokesman at the time the group released “incendiary statements” calling for Buckingham Palace to be turned into a mosque and Nelson’s Column to be destroyed.

He shot to prominence by holding a news conference to praise Osama bin Laden following the 9/11 attack, and did the same following London’s 7/7 bombing, the perpetrators of which he had links to through his organisations.

His conviction is the result of a two-year, multimillion-pound investigation by Scotland Yard designed to bring to a close his two decades of extremist preaching.

(2/2)

Based as fuck

It's the United KINGDOM, you slow-minded camel jockey, not the United States, they very much can toss you in jail for things you say.

For example, in the UK I could be jailed for calling this guy a camel jockey. Since I'm not in the UK, I'm free to do so.

Maybe he should move to a place with more freedom of speech. Like Syria.

bury all sandniggers in pig carcasses.

the false prophet mohammed was a pedophile

Hate speech is bad
Child sex trafficking is good
Raping children well apart of the government, even better!

I thought the EU

sand niggers are so fucking retarded they think that europe has free people and not subjects.

No wonder we lose

I remember this guy being smug on hannity for years, i wonder if hannity will invite him on his show one last time

Sandnigger.

can someone meme me an infographic of liberals defending choudery labelling anyone against him as "islamophobic"? especially the guardian

i'd do it myself but my anus is bleeding so i'm preoccupied rn

There is it, the ultimate proof ISIS is a Mossad operation

"Notorious".

"Hate preacher".

What's with all the jew-media themed threads around here lately?

come to think of it, even in the united states, wouldn't openly calling for people to join isis and act as terrorists be a criminal abuse of free speech since it's a call to action to cause damage and do harm?
i wish that people in positions of power would use similar justification to incriminate people calling for violence against police and white people, but every time msm or the nearest government representative catches wind of it they try and sweep it under the rug as "airing frustration" or a "nonviable threat". given the rise in violent crime and decrease of police presence in urban centers, you'd think that someone, somewhere might give a shit.
still i hope this sandnigger gets fucked up royally in jail, the brits haven't been doing shit to arrest "asians" so he probably won't have a ready and willing caliphate of undesirables to put together in jail and jihad in 10 years when he's free again.

Not only that, but unless they put him in solitary confinement, which they won't, he's going to be spending the next 10 years radicalising all those convicts.

Deportation wouldn't even work because ISIS operates freely on social media. Execution or lobotomy are literally the only solutions in this guy's case.

now they're gonna be picking us all up for hate speech

Incarcerated for the crime of being honest about what his coreligionist intend for western civilization.

Soon to be sent off to a muslim majority prison to assist in further indoctrination.

I doubt he'll get a long sentence, if found guilty at all.

In Australia there's huge problems with regular prisoners getting the shit beaten out of them for not converting to islam, considering there's so many muslims clogging up the prison system.

He'll be treated like a VIP in Britain's system, it either needs to be solitary confinement the whole time or deportation to wherever his ancestral roots are.

Come back when a kike gets jailed for financing antifa, a feminist for slandering men or a nigger for hating white people.

Hah, so glad I managed to reach out to that guy when I could. I didn't know he was that close to getting shoah'd

(Sent the lesbian steven universe episode to him, lulz ensued, britbong SJs lost the kissing scene)

just a decade? There are people who are faceing 15 because of haetspeek.

This.

We can get jailed for insulting the Queen. Free speech is a fucking mythical creature here.

lol hi there buttmad goatfucker

You first. Kikes next.

JUST

I hope he is ready for a cock meat sandwich