I tried to kill myself this week and my best friend doesn't even care. I'm going to try again

I tried to kill myself this week and my best friend doesn't even care. I'm going to try again.

Nobody cares.

I know

I guess you think we're all your best friends

Good, it's vital to me that your last thought before you die is me telling you that.

do it faggot
stream it this time

Bump for stream

UNPOPULAR OPINION: DON'T DO IT. REINCARNATION IS REAL AND YOU COMEBACK AS AOTHER CHORNICALLY DEPRESSED PERSON IF AN HERO

sage for OP has no balls

normalfags pls go

You are the biggest normalfag here.

Dude you forgetting to sage

I'll gladly live ten happy years before killing myself again

go suck a niggers dick op

Imagine sleeping for all eternity, no dreams, no wake up, just nothing forever. That's death

There's no reincarnation or life after death, you only have 1 opportunity lo live, don't waste it.

If you manage to keep living until you are no longer depressed you will look at this situation as something extremely dumb

sounds better than my current living situation

Well, consider the following, you will have enough time to be dead, why rushing the inevitable? Just try to live even if you suffer, it's an experience you will not have the chance to experience again after all

This would be convincing if consciousness was understood, but nobody has reasonably explained it, only presented various ideas. So since nobody can empirically observe how consciousness works or explain why it happens, I assert that nobody fucking knows what happens. Assuming a purely mechanistic universe where consciousness is innately tied to a physical body in that it lives and dies with that body completely ignores that nothing needs to engage in experience or witness what is happening, only react to stimulus, in such a universe. If you cannot explain why consciousness associates itself with a body to begin with, you cannot assert that it "dies" or ceases existence when that body dies. The only things which are suggestive (but not evidence) of the simultaneous cessation of consciousness with physical death are that most people do not claim to remember anything before being born (New souls, lost memories, and a soul having limited opportunities for residing in a body are also possibilities.) and that consciousness seems to waver (Or is it rather the awareness of time?) during some parts of sleep, comas, etc. Again, without further understanding, it is just as reasonable to suggest that during "lapses of consciousness" a soul simply doesn't have a "window" into anything tied to the physical world, and all is black, time cannot be measured, etc until either the "windows" in the body open again (by waking up) or the soul stops associating itself with a dark, sleeping or lifeless shell and seeks new sources of light. But yes, this might be the only experience your soul will ever get. I see no way at this moment to have any certainty in this matter. Everyone who has claimed to be certain thus far has been overwhelmingly religious about this matter in my experience, even so called scientists.

Whatever is making you suicidal will seem trivial later on in your life. Play a game. Read a book. You'll get through this op.

OK let's be real here.
Youre not ppl dont like you

Sounds like you should just ditch your friend and keep on going, even if things get hard (possibly including your dick or cock).

This.

What's wrong with your current situation?

Wait a minute now. Life isn't for everyone.
If OP's destiny is to become a medical statistic
we shouldn't force a life upon them that wasn't
meant to be.

Stop trying to invent shit to convince yourself, consciousness are just electrical impulses going thought your billions of neurones in your brain, once the chemical reactions that produce those electrical impulses in your brain stop, you just turn completely off, just like a computer

omfg, just don't kill yourself, if that so fucking hard to do ? Also stop worrying about other and start thinking more about yourself

But why would there be any need to fool anything into thinking it's conscious if nothing is conscious?

Yeh, that's the idea. Hence, why most people think plants (which do react to stimulus) are not conscious while humans and most animals are.

The reason we dismiss the idea of a soul is the fact that there's no evidence for it. All we really have evidence for is that the body stops responding after a certain point. and that's all we have to go on. Assuming anything apart from that is, well, assuming shit.

Those impulses are composed of electron particles though, which may have infinite super-positions. eh?

I didn't say is an illusion, I'm just saying it's a perfectly explicable physical phenomenon that just stops working when you die

Quit being a faggot OP

Quantum mechanics don't change the way of how electrons travel in your brain

Then why haven't you or anyone else explained it? This is why I fail to accept any of these lame stories. The difference between traditional religions and your religion is that yours just doesn't have any anthropomorphic characters.

Are you familiar with Max Born's experiments?
electrons in the brain would be the most observed and unobserved ones in existence. Who could say the path they take

We generally consider consciousness to be basically as that user described. But as a general rule we pretty much pretend it doesn't exist because it's not a phenomenon you can observe outside of your own self. You have no way of actually knowing any of the anons apart from yourself really have consciousness. We could be philosophical zombies and you'd be none the wiser.

That's why scientists don't talk about consciousness. It's inherently unscientific to do so.

I don't have any religion.

I just explained it, it's fucking electrons going thought your neurones, the purpose of it it's to help you to survive and to not kill yourself, clearly yours is not working right

No, you just made a claim without evidence, in other words, pseudoscience, or religion thinking that tries to appear scientific.

*religious

the electrons are always in interaction and therefore always being "observed."

The source of the electricity is sodium and chlorine ions. Your body uses salt to generate its electricity.

Everything we expirience including all the colors sensations and objects we perceive are nothing but representations in our mind
Space and time are simply the minds tools for putting it all together

Your body uses salt to generate my happiness you cuck!!

I knew there was a salt joke hiding in there somewhere. Thanks for finding it, user.

This shit got deep. I hope OP didn't kill himself while we got on this long tangent.

I've seen hundreds of suicides and they all have something in common, after they did it and there's no coming back they always regret it for a few seconds and they try to escape if they hanged themselves, or try to extinguish temselves if they set themselves in fire, same goes to the ones who shoot themselves, it's not as explicit as the cases mentioned before but you can see the body movements showing regret, even if you blow up your brain you will have a few seconds of infinite pain and regret. And there's no such thing as a painless suicide method, all of them carry the same, extreme pain and regret

Nut whatever, do what your wish and kill yourself if you want, but in your last seconds remember that I warned you of it

Following this line of thinking, it would make sense if all goes black at death even with a conscious soul, because the mind can no longer give these representations to the consciousness. But what happens to the consciousness next? Does it die? Is it trapped in darkness? Does it find a new source of light?

Didn't we all agree a few years ago that helium inhalation would be essentially painless?

No because time and space are how we have consciousness. What ever makes it must exist outside of time and space. 5th dimension if you will

Before dying the brain haves some seconds of hyper activity even if there's lack of oxygen

So as I said there's no really pain less, I mean the process might be painless, but the worse moment (when you die) is not

I may have reached too far by saying you were implying it was an illusion, but I think that's generally how people tend to phrase it when they take the position of consciousness as an "illusion".