Kennedy, Nixon, Hillary, Trump...and the end of old Media orders

Greeetings anons. I submit to you that this election cycle represents a paradamic shift of the way people understand and use media. The last time this happened was in the election of 1960, 56 years ago.

For those who aren't familiar with the 1960 election, it was the first election where a televised debate was held between the democratic and Republican contenders (Kennedy and Nixon). Regardless of what you or anyone thinks personally about these two figures, it is almost universally acknowledged that Nixon's poor performance on TV vs. Kennedy's masterful performance made the election and led to Nixon's defeat.

In 1960, Nixon was still operating under the old rubric of print-based debate, where abstract ideas were more important than image. Kennedy, on the other hand, intuitively understood how TV could be used to bolster ideas over image.

In the years since, candidates have always focused more on image (specifically, as they would appear on TV) vs. nuanced ideas.

But with the Trump/Hillary election of 2016, we are entering a new paradigm where the whole of "mainstream media" (both print and TV) has lost its power to sway voters. People simply don't trust the Mainstream Media because A) they have been caught in too many lies and B) people are now living in a social-media world where magazines, newspapers, and TV simply don't have the impact they once did.

Just as Kennedy understood TV while Nixon didn't, Trump understands social media while Hillary is still operating based mainstream-media modes of behavior that are simply no longer valid.

This is going to be seen by historians as a major factor in her catastrophic defeat. She can buy the mainstream media and rig the poles, but it simply…doesn't…matter anymore. The public has moved on. Trump grasps this, Hillary doesn't.

Thoughts? I think this is a serious historical turning point and in retrospect will be seen as the death-knell of the mainstream media and its now-dying influence.

Well, even $hillary seems to understand the importance of Internet forums when she spends so much shekels on his CTR army.

*her lol

She understands it as something she has to do, but she is failing miserbly at it.

Interesting

Because what she's doing is based on lies.

The Trump support, especially from nationalists who understand he may not be a real nationalist but still would work as the "Overton Window" is genuine. They do it for Trump for free. Shillary's only chance is to pay because no-one would talk for her otherwise. In that sense, the Bernouts were much more similar to Trump supporters.

Honestly I see Trump going in the footsteps of Both Kennedy and Nixon

Only a nimble navigator can follow two paths at the same time

People being Holla Forums and other people who know the facts. Majority of normal people still trust the media. Usually in another skin though, memes and disinfo on reddit, facebook and social media, placed there by the media or someone affiliated with it. Everything else is just hearsay from virtue signaling. I've heard it from youtubers, from fuckers at work too just how nasty and horrible Trump is and everyone gets around and praises each other or thumbs up using that disinfo and shit as a bases.

Well the Nixon that he's going in the footsteps in isn't the 1960 Nixon but instead the 1968 Nixon, Complete with the Democrat convention being a shitfight

Interesting analysis, user. What do you think will be the ultimate impact on future elections?

Assuming Trump wins, I don't think he'll lose a re-election campaign, unless something goes horribly wrong. But for the mote distant future, say in 2016, what do you think (((they))) will do to try and exploit new media?

>>>/reddit/

I also like the_Donald, but this is Holla Forums. I've been noticing a lot of cancer in that subreddit lately.

Not very distant future tbh.

Anyway, I think they'll simply try to completely ban free speech in both the US and the EU. Worst Korea style spying system is very possible.

(checked) (Sieg heil)

Koreans willingly let themselves be monitored, but I doubt that shit will fly in America. We are witnessing a tebellion against the entire system itself, from the lack of accountability for the elites, to the manipulation of our state affairs by globalists like Soros.

(checked)
I wouldn't say willingly. However, Korea is technically still in war so their government can basically do however it pleases. The same excuse is used here in Europe with the mudslime influx.

To "prevent terrorism" they gradually decrease the freedom and human rights. What actually happens is they get better chances to spy on "right wing extremism" even if the laws were made because of moslems. This can very well happen on America too. Even under Trump rule, at first they would spy on moslems and with the same laws on whoever they want to see as a threat…

Even the huffpo reported only 12% of americans actually trust the media. Hardly a "majority". RT reported it as 6%.

I think it will be the end of the "old media" and that people will shift strategies to deal with social networks and whatnot. As always, this will have good and bad impacts

Yeah. expect Kennedy won by cheating, pandering to blacks and voter manipulation

Meh, I don't even hide it anymore. I've even shared 8ch threads on normiebook these days. There's so much data overload right now, I'm not worried about it for the moment. But the globalists are scared that their house of cards will collapse, and take drastic measures to crack down. I hope you anons can get >>>/innawoods/ before they cwtch you.

paradigmatic

Interesting idea.

Too bad social media is also owned by the kikes.
normies and young people tend to belive anything their celebrity instagram account tells them to

Harder to control than the old media, though..at least for now.

Look at what meme magic has accomplished. Believe it, son.

Interesting

I don't think people have stopped being influenced by the media. They may say "oh bother, the media is being very harsh on trump" and at the end of the day still swallow the propaganda and vote for hillary because they believe in their lies

Another thing to consider is that social media is owned by bergs as well.

i want to belive senpai

You hit the nail on the head user. Its more than that too. This is the very reason right-wing beliefs have stayed becoming common again.

The Internet simply gives too much power to the individual and the jews haven't found a proper way to control it yet. This is why Gamergate occured whilst the Pozzing of film and music went unopposed. Theor attempts to censor the net have only awoken more people and whilst we represent a.small part of the Internet well actually take action unlike the liberals wuo think that complaining is a form of activism.

Maybe. Just.maybe. If were lucky. Kojima was wrong.

Television truly is the tool of the devil. This is most likely the exact turning point when our world began to get corrupted. When people started realizing image over substance got them better results. They started applying this to every facet of life and it's been all downhill from there.

But the internet might just be the instrument of the first true liberation of the human mind.

In anonymous communities there are no individuals only ideas. Text can't be charismatic or charming so in the end only the substance of the argument remains.

No Gatekeepers, no systemic manipulation only a hivemind obsessively looking for truth. We are the coming men and we herald the most significant revolution in human socialites since hammurabis laws.

How is being a super PR obsessed faggots count as a opposition?

No they don't trust for the goverment is at an all time low and the media is hemeroging viewers. Molyneux has as much views as a normie TV show

?

Correct the Record Super Pac

TV ratings are determined by how many people are watching when the show airs, youtube views are just the total number of times the videos been watched. Do you actually think a significant number of people are watching 4 hour lectures from a anarchist cult leader.

stop correcting your record

His most recent talk on the Fall of Rome was over 2 hours long and I listened to the whole thing lol.

One of the few ones that I watched all the way through. He has some good shit on his channel.

I like his slavery video but I don't see him as very appealing to normalfags

At one point he used to appeal to normies but things have changed since then….

You're missing a lot of zeroes there for it to be a shill army that might even have a chance to faze Holla Forums. Also she needs to stop hiring liberal art dropouts

I agree user. This is a very interesting time to witness the media landscape change.

This. Nixon had experience and changed tactics.

Hillary will be the pale sweaty one about to pass out …. hahaahahahaha

More Meme Queens in store for the future then if you are correct OP.

I believe the way it went was people who listened to the debate on the radio thought Nixon won. But his TV appearance was what cost him due to sweating and looking uncomfortable.

There's speculation Hillary is very physically weak and Trump takes advantage of his opponents weaknesses. Like when Lil Marco kept drinking water on stage and repeating himself.

I believe Trump is in good enough shape that unless he comes down with a cold or the flu that night Hillary will look terrible.

This is an interesting thread

I think you're giving TV too much credit. TV was bad in that it detracted from active outdoor pursuits and made America (and much of the 1st world) sedentary. It also detracted from reading. However, families still watched it together, discussed it with each other, and shared it as part of the common experience.

Then the internet came, and already-sedentary people experienced it separately, each absorbed in their own device, and nobody discussing, sharing, or experiencing it in exactly the same way. Sure, you can share a picture on Facebook, but maybe your friends aren't on Facebook, maybe they prefer Twitter, or Tumblr, or some other site that isn't Facebook-friendly. Even if they are on Facebook, maybe they're reading someone else's wall and ignoring yours.

The internet has also detracted from reading and especially writing. After the advent of TV, people still gave a shit about grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Now they don't. Even fewer people actually read books for fun now. The publishing industry is a dying industry.

Both TV and the Internet have had their own influences on society that complimented each other in a negative way.

Trump is just the tip of the spear. While he is an innovator here, another candidate will soon use social media many orders of magnitude more that Trump is to great effect.

The Clinton campaign does realize the power of social media, but they'll never be able to truly win at it.

The big reason that social media is so powerful for so many is that it can give this feeling of authenticity, involvement, and sheer reality that traditional media, often being formulaic and sterilized, cannot deliver.

Trump is so successful on social media because no one doubts that those tweets are coming directly from him. There is a consistent personality behind them that doesn't feel coached or controlled.

And yet, what are his most popular tweets? The ones where he is pictured eating food, because it is relatable and people want to try and read into the photo to find out more about what this person is really like.

It's authentic, which is why it works. No one doubts it about his followers either.

The Clinton campaign simply can't compete on this level because Hillary is a terrible person who can't not be fake. Few people believe that she writes her tweets, which are filled with millenialisms like "that was a thing" or "delete your account."

There is little activity for her online because enthusiasm is built up by authenticity on social media. Because there's so little there, she has to hire shills to pretend to support her. It's largely fake, and people can tell.

That fakeness breeds unease and distrust, which helps feed into the perception that she is a shady liar, which makes more information coming out about her more likely to be believed.

Trumps Doctor released a statement about his health. I believe he said something along the lines of "He will be the healthiest presidential nominee ever". I don't think Trumps health is anything to worry over.

Well I mean if Trump gets (((Killed))) then he will be exactly the same as JFK.

Interesting. Bump

That and Sam Giancana delivering the "graveyard vote" in chicago for old Joe Kennedy.

Negros were not a huge voter bloc in 1960. For instance detroit at 1.6 million was 70% white and the democrats had not yet instituted all the busing the negros to the polling stations programs yet. But that was soon to come.