Wakfu season 3 teaser, thoughts Holla Forums ?

Wakfu season 3 teaser, thoughts Holla Forums ?

I'm glad they are bringing Nox back to hopefully redeem himself. I don't mind tragic stories, but Nox deserved none of the pain he got.

If you look closely it's just some sort of yugo conscience (or time travel/parallel dimension bullshit)

Fuck
Is the order made of past enemies a-la Sinister Six ?

Is the ash ketchup syndrome affecting this?

If you're talking about Yugo, there's plot reasons for that.

Not him, it just looks like most of them got a new haircut and called it "aging". It just bums me out.

I still need to finish season 2. And the spinoffs.

They're probably illusions or magic golems crafted using the Dragon Bastards memories\link with Yugo, as I highly doubt either of them are really back.

That or they'll be part of some 'inner trial' Yugo will have to do to get some kind of POWER BOOST to defeat whatever threat there is at the end of the season.

this

also where is the /ss/

My fucking god the poor kid just wants to fuck a dryad

Think this guy is important or villain of the week filler?

We'll know if he makes it in the opening.

Probably filler, he looks like a hothead

A lot of the scenes from old character seems to have backgrounds that are made up of foggy featureless voids. I think they are going to be 'fake' versions of the characters but Qilby could make a return.

He's Goultard evil side or some shit like that

The colors make me think of a ShuShu.

What if hes the Xelor god?

Xelor is a total cunt so I can see him doing it, the absolute madman

I think they are fighting in some else world type place. This is what he cuts.

I also noticed that Nox doesn't have a new costume. In the first season he changed his look about 4 or 5 times so I think it is just a flash back moment since he is unchanged from the default Nox look.

I also noticed there is very little of Evangelyne and the group shot doesn't show her. The bright green and back ninja chick seems to 'catch' her in one scene. Something happens to her that sets up the seasons plot?

It's darkvlad if I remember correctly

I hope this spawns tons of r34 of Flopin and Elely.

Shes fucking pregnant

really? I must have missed/forgot it. When did that happen again?

For some reason I thought this thread said:
Waifu Season 3 teaser

They have to start fucking by the end of this season, they have to, they wouldn't force Yugo to live single his whole life would they?

God dammit I just want to see them be happy with each other fucking come on Ankama don't do this to me!

But I'm hype I guess, the Dofus movie was really good, season 2 of Wakfu was kind of 'eh' but I'm still looking forward to more.

But will it be lewd?

wakfu was a mistake

Haven't watched Dofus movie yet, so I guess I'll start with that and catch up on things.

So, have Yugo and Amalia already fucked or what?

That reminds me I still need to finish season 2.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
A plurality of people seem to hold this to a high standard when in reality, it's just a bootleg anime. Season 1 was poorly built up, had mostly no tension, and Nox was barely in it. Season 2 was even more egregious with a lack of focus on the story. And to top it all off we never learn anything about the world of twelve, the gods, or lore of any kind. I was bewildered when an Atlantis ripoff was introduced with no explanation in the season 2 finale where they had an important role.

And don't get me started on those god awful OVAs. the main characters acted out of character especially the females who were reduced to crying waifus. Yugo and Tristepan overshadowed the main cast, due to writer favouritism. And the antagonists and plot was retarded. Apparently, this Prince Hans/Jack Frost wannabe pedophile wanted the Saddida's trees when he had an entire forest of his own. And he doesn't seem to be running out or struggling to warm his city, so there was no reason for him to get them. And it all turned out to be a large conspiracy by some Red Lotus ripoffs who gathered the eliatrope eggs that came out of nowhere to protect the world of twelve from a monster who also came out of nowhere by letting him flood the world with his tears, drowning everyone Noah's Ark style.

If there's anything to take away from this, it's that Tot is even more of a cuck than all the Evangelion wannabe writers on Adventure Time. And that Krosmoz as an idea should be remixed by passionate creative fans who seem to care more about the source material than the original creators.

Seeing as how he has the markings on his body resembling Tristepin's clothing and Tristy rejected the idea of becoming God Iop during the OVA, I assume it is quite literally the current iteration of Iop. He most likely, like all idiot Iops, has no real care as to which side is right, and when Adamai said that Yugo's use of the Dofus could be dangerous, he saw an excuse to go punch shit and joined the crew of baddies.

Hi copyright fag pls kill yourself already thanks.

I find it funny that after reading my entire comment, you decided to reply to me about that one sentence at the end. May I ask you how much you understand about economics?

No matter what, the writers are going to fuck up his role.

I really like Joris now I used to hate him before we actually got some back story on him.

Maybe something bad happened to dog loli at some point ?

I would say something like that

Don't talk to it

Well, I'm excited anyways. It's the only Kickstarter I don't regret donating to.

It would be enough to kill anyone's optimism and turn their eyes yellow.

Whatever happened to Kerubims girlfriend?

i recall some episode where he loses a bet and she lose her memories of him or something

What's the source user, I can't find anything.

How many years beyond S2 is this? Dunno why, but I like knowing how old my Spanish cartoon characters are.

-

Yugo, Eva, and Eva's daughter are the only characters who smile in the teaser. Everyone else looks either grim or angry.

Among the main cast, Eva and Pinpin's kids appear the most, then Pinpin, then Amalia, then Yugo. Eva and Ruel are shown the least, though Eva had a spotlight in the second teaser, and was pregnant again.

Passing the coat to her daughter could represent a torch-passing. Note that her daughter shows up in the group shot with Ruel, Yugo, Amalia, and Pinpin–not Eva herself.

Ruel is consistently the least-shown member of the brotherhood in these teasers, not counting Az or Cleo.

-

Hopefully this season still remembers how to have fun. Also hopefully Amalia gets to do something besides watch the action with a depressed look on her face. I want muh dryad action.

I also want to see Elaine again.

That's the Franga. There's 2 volumes that connect the story between the end of Season 2 and the Movie they released earlier.

Thank you friend.

As a guy who used to be a high rank Seriane Kerm and had to read and study all available lore translated to my language (read, a tiny fraction of the shit available for Frenchies), I agree. Ankama has been constantly retconning shit because they don't really know what to do, which is why they tried to explain their reality as a kinda frail and flexible collective dream that can change at the will of their inhabitants, if they desire it with all their strength. This sounds pretty cool in theory, but they mostly use it as an excuse for retcons, and apply it very unevenly.

For example, did you know the Sacrier goddess just kind of ascended to godhood during the Dofus Era because a lot of people believed in her? During that time, Rushu, a very powerful demon (so powerful he kind of created the month of Desember, even though that's supposed to be Xelor's job) decided to fuck shit up by extending Desember so long it killed all crops, which is exactly why people started to believe in Sacrier. Anyway, Rushu wanted to ascend to godhood himself, which is why he tried to be the biggest asshole ever, to get people to lick his dick and become even more powerful through forced worship (remember saints and month protectors? That's what happens when very little people worship what could be a god). Turns out people decided to worship Sacrier instead, and this is exactly why Rushu is not a god. This was during year 10, even though it was an ingame event (originally, there were 10 gods, and Sacrier and Panda were the last additions), so if you are an oldfag, your character should be at least over 600 years old by this point, even though time should be running at the same rate as our Earth. Other events happened at different years with in-game events, so we can deduce time doesn't flow normally in the World of Twelve, and sometimes some events may even happen retroactively, although we already knew that thanks to Yugo.

Alright, so you can ascend to godhood if you get enough people to kiss your ass, that's been confirmed. It's also not something the main gods can control, since they are not actually omnipotent and, if I recall correctly, they were indeed afraid of Rushu possibly managing to ascend to godhood (and later during the Wakfu Era, they were afraid of Full Dofused Ogrest), so the world was lucky this time. But then in year 24, Rushu commanded Djaul (another less powerful but still strong as fuck demon) to get people to build a city for him, so people could worship him, and he made Brakmar. Yeah, Brakmar is a city dedicated to the cult of Rushu. That means each player joining Brakmar is worshipping Rushu, and as we can imagine, Brakmar has way, waaaaay more collective affiliated players than players of any given race (except Sacriers; fuck Sacriers), but he still hasn't ascended to godhood, nor has Jiva the Slut (yes, that's canon), even though in this case it's understandable since Bonta isn't about whoreshipping her.

Alright, if things weren't already fucky as is, now here comes the best part: motherfucking Eliotropes. They were created by Yugo, they are a magical race (not humans), and they are not actually worshipping any real god. They are basically an orphan race, apparently created out of Yugo's negative aspects of his soul, which is why they don't have a soul of their own and can't be reborn like the other races (fuck keeping the game lighthearted, I guess). They were created when he became Super Saiyajin Yugo, just like Ogrest, even though Ogrest's ascension didn't cause any event like this. According to some sources, they have already been retconned out of existence in the Wakfu cartoon/franga, but they still exist ingame (even in Dofus, although it's supposed to be 1000 years earlier than Wakfu; it's not like time continuity means jack shit here, though). They do worship a god, but it's not really a god, so I guess that's why it's not the World of Thirteen, but it's still very retarded.

tl;dr Ankama is dumb, so don't try to make any sense of their bullshit.

That's uncomfortably similar to the Elder Scrolls universe, really.

But still, lore in long-standing fantasy universes always gets a bit messy. It's not that huge of an issue especially if the content that's produced is entertaining.

Also, handing off your fictional universe to the fanbase is probably a really bad idea, the vast majority of fans are fucking fucking retards, you're pretty much guaranteed to get nothing but shit, favoritism, and even worse inconsistency and retcons in return if you do that.

That's already happening, except they're not allowed to sell their works as products. Low-quality fan works will still be made regardless of whether the fan creators get paid. What would change is that the best fan ideas would be financially supported by willing networks competing against each other. Yes, retarded ideas would be accepted by some networks but the potential vast amount of them ensures that the market wouldn't be too centralized for those ideas to be the norm.

You seem far more knowledgeable that I could ever be (mostly because no part of the Wakfu/Dofus fandom in burgerland has bothered gathering and untangling the lore) so maybe you could explain what the fuck happened with Wakfu Les Gardiens, Nail, the Eliatrope storyline, and that one artist who left? I think I kind of get what happened, but seeing as they never released the fucking games here and then lost the rights to certain characters and then had to massively retcon.. things

I guess what I'm asking is: What the fuck happened with the Eliatropes?

Well, I am more of a Dofus era guy, and Eliatrope lore is more of a Wakfu era thing, but as far as I know:
That's more or less what I knew before I stopped playing the game. However, searching around a bit, I found some info regarding the IRL artist drama. Basically, everything after Wakfu les Gardiens became non-canon because of a Ken Penders-like situation in which the artist claimed full copyright over Nail (aka N). Ankama had to remove all references to N, which were replaced by L'exilé (The Exile), a recolor of Nail.

So now, everything has been retconned and we know jack shit about what the fuck happened with the Eliatropes. Guess we will have to wait a bit more to see what does Ankama make up in the future.

tl;dr artist with a big ego fucks everybody's shit up over copyright drama again

This was how I understood it, but I never had anyone explain the context or the full outcome of why Eliatrope lore just kind of shriveled up and stopped existing until it was revealed in S2 that the Eliatropes as a whole were still around in some pocket dimension.

Not necessarily. But look at the guy: He's outlived his own adoptive grandparent and had to raise him from baby to adult (Kerubim, as well as Atcham, are both geezers in the Wakfu OVAs.)
He probably lost his smile and optimism after outliving everyone he cared about besides Kerubim and Atcham who he can always find once again by going to Ecaflip Dimension where those demigods reincarnate.
Joris in Wakfu seemed like a really out-of-nowhere character and having him be a badass would have worked…. if he wasn't always late. Seriously that scene where he just OHKOs Razortime was as anticlimatic as it gets.
At least Dofus Movie did a good job explaining where Joris' talent came from. Welsh and Sheddar probably won't happen though. No one was interested in a movie that wasn't directly ABOUT Joris.

I look forward to it even if some anons take it too seriously

bump

This pretty much, Wakfu's rather entertaining but some people take the show much more seriously than it deserves.

Indeed
Honestly when I was younger I agreed with all my autism that a show needed continuity.
Now I don't dive a fuck I just enjoy the show.

Continuity isn't that big of a problem with the show. The bigger problems would be animation related.

I was about to make a thread about this but i might as well ask this here,
i have a sight condition even with glasses i can not stare at smaller leeters on a screan for more than 20 secs without getting eyeburned and possible headaches(thats why i dont watch subbed animus with some few exeptions),i know i sound like a giant faggot but i have to ask

Is Wakfu worth it?

The animation in Wakfu ranges from eh to pretty good, so I'm fine with that. If any issues persist it's pacing and characterization falling flat in the latter half, but the show manages to hold itself together long enough to be a fun romp to blow through in a weekend.

I think Netflix has closed captioning that makes the text larger, might not hurt your eyes as much. As it stands though, if you're going to suffer through a show, Wakfu's probably not really good enough to warrant an entire watch. I'd say watch the first episode, skip most of the episodes after that until the group arrives at the dragon island, watch that, then the rest of the show. Continuity actually becomes a thing and then it's worth watching.

I'd tell you to watch the dub but it's laughably terrible, and not only is the voiceover bad, they somehow managed to fuck the audio levels of the whole show, which makes it nigh unwatchable.

So, yeah, watch the good bits I guess.

got it,so wich episode number/title is that?

also there is a dub on my native lenguage but is somehow worse than the english one,is done by a studio who works on mostly documentaries and cant act for shit so i might try to check the none important episodes on it.
thanks

Look up Migraine & FL-41 lenses

If disappointment is what you're looking for, this show is for you! Not only does it neglect its plot for the first half of season 1, and even parts of season 2, the world building is non-existent, you'll be asking yourself questions about the World of Twelve and its lore and never receive an answer to almost any of it.

The character development for the main cast is also sidelined for cheap gimmicky episodes that fuck with the overall plot and could've been replaced with ones that built upon the lore, characters and drama. And it just gets even worse from the second half of Season 2 onwards.

All in all, avoid this show like the plague, and watch ATLA if you want to see this kind of show done right.

But user…. how else are you supposed to satisfy your light hearted wanderlust?

I have always wondered how Percedal's name is supposed to work. I dont know much frog, but i dont thing they can just pull "Tristipan" out of that. At least "Dally" makes sense.

His first name is Tristepin, and de Percedal is his surname/title as a Shushu Guardian. It literally means "From Percedal".

I mean like normally I'd say go ahead and watch the whole thing, but if user's eyeballs recede into the back of his head while he's reading subtitles it's the best I can do.

You know, that makes a lot more sense.

I'm personally hyped for Dark Vlad. I wonder if there's gonna be a flashback mini arc about Goultard's old days and his three personalities as well as the Bonta king assassination.
I'm not hype about more Adamai drama because the way it developed in the ovas was absolutely retarded. Also shouldn't this be considered technically season 5 since the ovas were season 4 and the season 3 is in comic form only?

Think of the comics as more of a transitional season, a 2.5 if you will.

Ovas are season 3 pretty much though.

ho no
Feminism infecting cartoons
Now I know why Tot leaved and went into retirement

she's already used goods anyway so who cares

elaborate I don't understand

She already got dicked.

By who ?
yugo ?

+ this doesn't explain why the animators make that grotesque error

I dunno actually. I'm just screwing around.

Feminism would've done something about those weapons grade hips.

I thinks its """"implied"""" they might have did something as seen here when Yugo and Amalia were still near each other at like 14 or something I mean shit if Grovy and Eva fucked on that adventure what are the odds Yugo and Amalia did something.

The OVA heavily implied that there were complications in Yugo and Amalia's relationship because she was aging and he wasn't. Given that S2 also heavily implied that Grovy and Eva were fooling around on the side and that resulted in Eva being pregnant by the end of the season, it's fair to assume that Amalia and Yugo might have gotten up to something.

Everyone's getting action!