Jacob Appelbaum

Is there any more news on the Jacob Appelbaum situation? It seems like he's disappeared off of the face of the Earth after the allegations. I find the fact that multiple witnesses have come out against the stories that were told on their behalf disturbing.

Scary stuff.

zeit.de/kultur/2016-08/jacob-appelbaum-rape-sexual-abuse-allegations/komplettansicht

gizmodo.com/jill-bahring-i-was-not-assaulted-by-jacob-appelbaum-1781684838

archive.is/UX9Jk

Other urls found in this thread:

gnunet.org/gnunet-vs-tor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO
pastebin.com/WPAmqkW8
blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-project-elects-new-board -directors
theguardian.com/media/2016/sep/16/swedish-court-upholds-julian-assange-arrest-warrant
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/16/494215896/swedish-court-says-arrest-warrant-for-julian-assange-still-stands
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So, cucked kike-sjw. Who cares?

The allegations where SJW bullshit.
And like said before if there was any real shit police would have been involved.

It the same thing that happened with the CEO of Mozilla.

I have meet Appelbaum.
He's a good guy.
He hasn't much of the SJW bullshit in him and he did know when to stop.

The team he managed was mentally unstable (special snowflakes) but it went to shit after some of (((them))) where introduced in the project and began to push their politically correct agenda in the mentally fragile people in it.

This is what happens to anyone who knows too much and stirs up trouble for the establishment ruling class. They are either eliminated (Aaron Swartz, Ian Murdock) or their reputation and character is sabotaged, so no one listens to them anymore. Then they can be easily dismissed along with any of their followers (Assange, Appelbaum, etc.).

OP, don't forget the first part of the timeline.

There was a large amount of first time posters fanning the flames on tor-talk mailing list as well around then. Scary stuff indeed. No news that I've heard.

Speaking of shills, get ready in

I remember of that she fled in Germany if if I don't mistake.

Yes, Isis fled and shortly after Appelbaum has to resign. I wonder if Tor didn't became a total honeypot since then.

Assange is very credible though.

It's possible since tor's design isn't extensive.

See the gnunet project they have a good view about it.
gnunet.org/gnunet-vs-tor

I'll put it entirely forth retards who can't do a simple search
Isis Agora Lovecruft is the one who had to flee.

That didn't take long.

Nice try on re-spinning the narrative. Here it is all in one place to make it easier for you to follow.

I wonder what he's doing now.

Me too. Is he still coding? Is he publishing his code publicly under a pseudonym? Must be a pain though because he can't continue in any way with his already existing public projects, since they are tied to his name.

The moral of the story is: absolutely hide your identity and compartmentalize your life. Do everything only under a specific pseudonym. Don't meet in real life with any of your coworkers and don't disclose them your real identity.
It's sad it has come to this, you usually want to hang out with people you share interests with, but that's how it is today. Communication technology, social media, mass media, etc. create a viral witch hunt environment.

That's never gonna be a meme, and stay off of Holla Forums too.

He's exhibit A in my argument that SJW inquisitions are a government tool to dismantle the support bases and development teams of FOSS privacy software projects. I personally don't like the guy but what they did to him was criminal.

In a lot of cases, you don't even have to collaborate with anyone else. If you write code, it's your copyright. Someone else can fork it (if your license allows it) but you still own the code you wrote, and nobody can take that away from you. But if you collaborate, it gets more complicated.
Terry Davis wrote his own OS and compiler, etc. This guy should have been able to manage Tor by himself. It's only stuff like big OS projects that need lots of manpower, mostly because modern hardware is overly complicated and obfuscated. Well so are modern web browsers, but they're effectively an OS at this point, since everyone wants to cram everything in there, and run unaudited, random Internet code constantly.

This.

But really? Don't give that shit attention. We all know what has been proven and what hasn't. We all know that there are a lot of things in this world that are not true. The more outraged you get the easier you are to control.

If there's no proof or anything even looking like a remote coherent story. I don't give a fuck.

Jacob.. you can come to my house and drink beer and code anytime you like and if any one of us gets sent to jail for raping someone, then the other one gets the remaining beers.

all idpol is government infiltration

Too short to tell if you're serious but for the benefit of those who haven't an historied:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COINTELPRO

This is what pseudonymous cryptosystems were developed for.

Projects and developers should be able to operate on reputation/trust, authenticate cryptographically, and do all this anonymously with project systems hosted over an anonymous network.

What's even more criminal imo than what the smear campaign did to him, was his own people caving in and failing to rally around him.
But this is how SJW faggots do things. Call someone "mean" to womyn/gays/trans/etc. and boom. The lockstep lefty fascists shun you for life.

This is what happens when you let Marxists and the Listen and Believe crowd into your organizations. Guilt or innocence is irrelevant. Only your position on the privilege tree matters.

as soon as any narcissist or ideologue joins and is accepted, it is the beginning of the end-- it is better to pack up and start over than to ride cancer to rape allegations...

I don't have any sympathy because they are smart enough to know better.

Only for the people who have actually read up on the rape charges and know that they're utter bullshit.

Most people I know personally are still under the impression that the man is a rapist. I dabble around naive special snowflake circles though. Yes, my friends are faggots. Seven years of red-pilling has only mildly chiseled at their retardation. Most are just too entertained/comfortable to care about any problem that doesn't benefit/detract from them personally. Selfish fucks.

afaik there are and never were any charges...

I haven't heard anything, and I've looked a couple times. He was doing a Ph.D. with djb and Tanja Lange at Eindhoven (I think) in the Netherlands. I don't think he was resident there, I think he was working on it from Berlin.

Anyway, unless he got hounded out of there, too, I suspect he's still working on that and keeping his head down and hoping he can still salvage some kind of career in spite of the witch hunt.

As far as I can tell, he nuked his online presence.

I'm not glad he was the victim of an SJW mob, but it is a little ironic. In spite of the "hurr, he wasn't really that much of an SJW guise lol" that's popped up a couple times in this thread, he was. He posted plenty of anti-white, anti-male, "omg can't even" shit, and when he decided that being an "ally" wasn't going to qualify him for the Oppression Olympics, he "came out" as "queer". Not gay, mind you, because being a successful poonhound was an integral part of his persona and something he fed his ego with, to the extent that someone ahem actually mentioned it on his Wikipedia page.

His accusers all seem to be lying, SJW guttersluts, especially Lovecruft and Macrina, but Jake is a shit person, too.

Fuck 'em all. The fire is too good for them.

Fortunately, in spite of all of their self-marketing attempts to the contrary, they actually have little to do with the Tor software itself. That's mostly Matthewson, Dingledine, and some other guy whose name I forget.

It's a shame too because I've watched a lot of his old videos and talks where he just seemed like a guy interested in technology and educating people about the bullshit going on but then slowly his talks became more and more focused on identity politics and irrelevant stuff about muh wymyns and muh trannies rights etc and now here we are.

Perhaps this experience will unfuck his mind.

That may very well be the case, but as OP mentioned and I've seen from some of their blog posts too

I have as much respect for SJWs as any other fundamentalist religious nutjobs but don't lose sight of who is actually behind the attack.

Agree with you there and thanks for the news update.

Hoping this is the case also.

Surprised he fell for it in the first place. Seemed like a fairly switched on, common sense, guy.

Surely he realized that identity politics simply segregates further by splintering people into "victim" groups competing with each other over who deserves the most gibbs?

As a general rule, the more university-educated they are, the stupider they are.

Not sure if that's a weak move or a strong one.

In this day and age, strong.

you mean because he's never been caught? there's definitely an arrest warrant

you seem to think he was the inventor or the main dev. that's because he'd take credit for shit he didn't do to make himself look important (total chad). mostly his job was going up on stage at ccc and getting people riled up. he was good at that. but go find some substantial commits by him. you can't, because he wasn't a dev

No, there are no charges. how that works is beyond me, but thats what it is.

Do you have a link proving the existence of that warrant?

It's hard for me to really care about Jacob Appelbaum anymore. I could definitely see something fishy was going on with the sudden rape allegations and then getting booted from the TOR project. But the reality of the situation is that the TOR project is nothing but a fucking joke, in that they're more interested in having DIVERSITYYYY rather than bringing in competent nerds who know what they're doing.

The cherry on top? Jacob cucking out in one of the last speeches he did before he got shoah'd, by bringing up white privilege and other leftist bullshit.

i assume a news article about it isn't going to be sufficient evidence for you?

If the article actually has a link to the warrant/charges or provides a convincing case for the claims being genuine.

Do you understand how evidence works? We're dealing with someone who was a voice for anonymity online happily parading an anti establishment/surveillance position and was actually doing things to inform and educate people on how to avoid these things. Clearly there would be a motive to slander him and get him to stop.

Not if the news link provided does not contain a link to the actual warrant. Claims of fact require proof. It's as simple as that.

Appelbaum, before they got rid of him, complained that the project was getting side-tracked with making a browser rather than improving hidden services and was strictly against the inclusion of a former CIA member into (what I think was) the foundation. Shortly afterwards this happens and management gets completely replaced. The Tor project was definitely subverted.

Can you provide some sources ? I'm not disagreeing with you I just want to learn more.

source?

I didn't think IRC logs would be so hard to find a few months later. Remember to always back things up.
This is the one about the CIA guy: pastebin.com/WPAmqkW8
The one about hidden services vs. the tor browser was posted on Holla Forums while the whole scandal was blowing up, but I can't find it right now, fuck.

Your conclusion does not follow your points. The outgoing board members elected their own successors.
blog.torproject.org/blog/tor-project-elects-new-board -directors

Well, I mean, there are plenty of articles referencing his appeal against the arrest warrant and quotes from him about the situation. How could he appeal it if it didn't exist?

I don't really want to get into an epistemology wankfest, but what constitutes proof? If you think multiple news sources are inventing the existence of multiple court cases, then I don't know what is going to convince you.

theguardian.com/media/2016/sep/16/swedish-court-upholds-julian-assange-arrest-warrant

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/16/494215896/swedish-court-says-arrest-warrant-for-julian-assange-still-stands

Question the allegations all you want, but the existence of legal proceedings against him seems pretty well established.

From your source:

No charges have been made against him for sexual assault. He had sex with two swedish sisters who apparently got pissed off or paid off.

He did not want to risk being extradited by showing up at the police station on the basis of an _inquiry_ from one of the sisters.

He has offered to do it on neutral ground, but that request was denied.

Oh, you didn't even know that.. I'm sorry. Keep reading the news fag.