Cloudflare

All of Holla Forums's traffic is going through Cloudflare:
For many users, Cloudflare is nowadays behind most sites they visit. Because of that and because their network and security position allows them to read through all traffic, it is easy for them to identify people personally on "anonymous" sites.
Could anyone point me to the part of their terms where they unambiguously, in a legally binding way promise not to sell these personal profiles, e.g. to insurance or HR companies?

Other urls found in this thread:

oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you're never truly anonymous on the internet, all of your activity can be traced back to you by someone. all you can do is make it difficult for interested parties to do so. anyway, you can probably just go to their website and read their terms of service and privacy policy for yourself.

AMA

Prove it.

Shoot yourself so you don't leave any information that your future self would

A company seeing all traffic unencrypted on one third of all pages I visit is something else than what this old phrase refers to.
Only Google and Facebook do have a similar position, and for these two it can easily be stopped with browser extensions.

I did go to their site, and found that they don't sell for "direct marketing purposes", but the inclusion of "direct" makes this not very trustworthy.

I know, Tails and stuff would be better to use nowadays. But it is frustrating to boot a whole (virtual) OS just for browsing without getting judged 24/7 by tracking and profiling companies. Mad society.

I believe connecting through tor does not goes through Cloudflare.

No, it always does. Tor negotiated a specialized "sufficiently anonymous" cookie to bypass Cloudflare's deanonymization tech.

My answer is only valid for clearnet routing.
When using an Onion address, it could be, haven't test for lack of pedotech on my computer.

Does this work behind the scenes? Because I never run into Cloudflare on this site. Do I need to be on a specific page?

No, 8ch runs a tor hidden service.
oxwugzccvk3dk6tj.onion/
No NSAFlare.

Really? That sounds hard to believe.
Any info on that?

Cloudflare reverse proxy is transparent to the user unless you're ip is blacklisted by cloudflare in which case you have to complete a captcha to access the site. if you run a hostname lookup on 8ch.net you will see that it resolves to a cloudflare ip.
In order for cloudflare to work it need to act as man in the middle for SSL meaning that your connection is encrypted between you and CF and then CF to 8ch. CF can see all your communications with 8ch in cleartext.

Thanks. If I were the CIA I would definitely butt fuck CloudFlare.

no you baka ! the american Gov allows them to bypass it, cqan't remember the name of the act though, the one that waas used to justify the eardropping

i tried to warn people but they just wouldn’t listen.

It's not my top priority to stop the American-Jewish empire spying on me whether I am a law-abiding cuck, since I fully support their laughable attempt on society and foreign politics.

I am more worried that there are profiles sold to interested companies weeding out people when applying e.g. for jobs, customers, credits or insurances.

This could easily be done with Cloudflare data, e.g. based on browsing interests, page reading speed or spelling skills.

This might be correct, but I didn't check.
Anyway, for JS-less Tor/Tails, they might refrain from mass-profiling since that ain't an easy thing to, perhaps even impossible.

They even intercept and decrypt SSL packets (HTTPS) in a very questionable way.

I'm sure they have good servers. We are well looked after.

my posts seem to have been removed.

I am not sure where the idea/concept of internet anonymity first got raised, but it has always been a myth. It has never existed, and it never will exist, because it can not. Not on the current internet, anyway. The foundational structure of how it was designed deliberately made securing it impossible. And yes, some very clever people have made it very difficult to get into some places and access some data, and identify some individuals, but the fact remains that ultimately nothing connected to the internet is inaccessible to anyone else with the right knowledge, software, and patience. Nothing. It never has been, it never will be. Even ghosting is not fool-proof, FYI. People don't believe it because they don't want to and because most people simply don't do anything that anyone cares about. So they use the myth of security and anonymity like a security blanket. It is something that doesn't actually do anything, but makes them feel better.
Point is, what Cloudflare is doing isn't anything that can't be done by a private entity anyway. They are just doing it on a bigger scale and not trying to hide it.

For me, it's a difference if someone could potentially muster enough manpower and will to go through many different servers' logs, or if a company positions itself optimally to gather dossiers of personalities and skills of billions of individuals.
And I'd also say that Google and Facebook are different - for these two, people are their primary livestock they have to pamper at least a little to keep data flowing (mah Facebook privacy settings).
But in contrast to these two, no one knows or cares about massive, almost transparent CDNs and their doing. These CDNs have totally different interests and incentives and limits in handling site visitor data.

If you use a simpler browser without javascript, it cuts out a lot of the tracking shit. Won't help with cloudflare, but it's one less way to get tagged & bagged across most other websites.
Of course a lot of modern-design sites just don't work without JS. Well I don't care personally. Only need Firefox to login to my bank and a few other places.

Maybe it's just software incompatibility?