Moon Girl Storytime

A few months ago, I storytimed Moon Girl. Well, it's got a few new issues now, so I figured I'd go ahead and storytime it again! I'll start with the newest issues, and if there's anons out there who want to read how terrible it is, I'll upload the earlier issues as well.

In case you've forgotten what's happened, Moon Girl had some retarded little spat with some alien kid that caused a train to derail. This time, to tell some dumbass kids to stop fucking around, Ms. Marvel is here.

It probably wasn't intentional, but that shit got me to laugh.

What's that saying that goes something like 'the smarter you think you are, the dumber you actually are?'

End of issue 10!

Couldn't resist cropping out that hilarious part.

Shit. Here we go, resized.

Wow, the First® Lego® League!

Nice work user.

I can't decide what's worse. Devil Dinosaur acting like a dog, or Kid Kree's dad acting like Moon Girl is some huge, dangerous inhuman.

Of all the things, why would DD eat that?

So, it ends with her randomly crying just because she told DD to fuck off like she always does, and Kid Kree announcing his love for Luna out of nowhere.

Here's the next issue.
This one's a real good one. "Good."
Jesus, I wanted to punch myself in the face when I read the last page.

Also, I don't understand how they try to make the teacher to be a villain. She never does anything bad. She just teaches. They try to pretend like she took the credit for something Luna did or something, but she just comes off as an insert someone made from memories of a teacher they hated for no reason.

The dumb girl made a mecha out of legos. She made something made for battle, out of legos.

Also this was supposed to be her marvelous project, but it's clear the things inside are not lego. Wouldn't her ass be disqualified?

They've stopped pretending that they're trying to write DD as a T-Rex and not a dog at this point. 'Ru-roh' and that giant lick…
Also, I have no clue what even just happened. Number one, if Kree fight superheroes, you'd think they'd be able to take down a mech made of legos and a T-rex. Number two, why does Kid Kree's dad stop fighting this chick he thinks is the center of the inhuman menace (for whatever reason) to comfort his son about 'women'?
They really don't even try with this writing.

So this is where 'Luna is the smartest girl in the Marvel universe' thing comes from. I don't remember what the fuck the device is, maybe someone else knows. Is it Tony Stark's? Bruce Banner's? Who fucking knows. Either way it makes no sense that a dumb little girl who can't even skip the 4th grade and doesn't know the scientific term for 'theory' is able to fucking figure it out. Especially since the device literally just seems to be some kind of piss-easy 3D rubix cube.

Anyone have the numbers on this turd? Is it doing better than Hellcat?

Is this a comic for autistic children?

Nah, probably same target audience as Hellcat and Squirrel Girl, noone.

Captain Planet has seen some shit.

It's awfully misleading having your picture be something that isn't in the actual comic, OP. You wouldn't want people to mistakenly think this story is about something fun like a street gang of time-traveling neanderthals, would you?

RAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPEEEEE

there is no justice in this world

So in an attempt to to be progressive, they turn an "ape-like humanoid" in to a 10 year old black girl.
marvel is so fucked

OP your pic isn't in the comic. Where did it come from?

Y'know that pic made me think of Bobby Hill for some reason.

Dey finally got dose moh-neey fo dem programz

Earlier issues. I'll start dumping them now. Killer Folk were cool, you're gonna be disappointed that they stop popping up.

Still can't believe this fucking 'evolution isn't a theory!!!' crap. This was supposed to make her look smart.

I still can't believe they literally killed Moon Boy for this shit.
I also can't believe they dropped all of this. This special thing that the Killer Folk wanted so badly because they knew some bad times were coming, and just fucking dropped.

Also, remember when DD acted like an actual T-Rex and not fucking Clifford the Big Red Dog?

fucking really.
not a theory?
because we know gravity exists it doesn't mean it's not a theory.
the writer has just shown their complete scientific ignorance by confusing the everyday meaning of theory with the scientific one

So is the black chick supposed to be a "smart science girl" who isn't as smart as she thinks she is?

Isn't that the new Iron Maiden?

Dubs confirmed. Wait they're calling the black iron chick Iron Maiden? Personally I can't say with Iron Maiden since there's not much of a personality there to begin with.

No, that's what I'm calling her.
A metal box with nothing distinctly human in it aside from snark.

She's basically the same idea as the Iron Maiden (I like that name) but Moon Girl came first.

Damn, this is making me miss the Killer Folks.

Wow they really did make him like Clifford the big red dog.

DAS RAYCIS!!!

That they did. I have a theory that the writer originally wanted to write a Clifford comic and they just shoved Moon Boy into their arms and told them to work with that.

No, user!! They have white skin!! It's OK!!
Honestly, though, they're the only redeeming part of this comic.

New York?

Is her lab the school basement?

Don't forget that she actually thinks her life is harder than a fucking kree child soldier
What the fuck this little nigress is a terrible character

>Actually, all of her genius inventions are just gimmicky gadgets, but no really! She's smart

This is just.. so very, very unpleasant to read. The only thing that could make it worse is if they tried to make it a racial thing by having her face some evil alt-right neckbeard in a fedora or some shit.

Wait, where was that?

Well, it is still early.

Who know, real problems like being soooo smart and also a nigger I guess

So its like there's this thing called show don't tell. They don't show how she's a fucking genius. Also, dubs confirmed.

That black girl sounds so whiny.

Am I mistaken or do I recall something about a freak accident involving gamma radiation?

This is not Bruce Banner Hulk. Bruce Banner is dead, apparently. This is some Asian guy that replaced him. I guess this guy chose to be the Hulk.

Something happened where Hulk/Banner had soaked up a whole reactor's worth of radiation or something, so Amadeus Cho who had been Banner's friend for a few years chased after him in an underwater mech suit.. and then something happened and he freed Banner of the Hulk by accepting all the radiation from him, somehow.. it wasn't made clear.. it was really only done so the Hulk could be a wacky asian teenager instead of an evil cishet white man.

Then, as part of Civil War 2, Hawkeye shot Banner through the head, because that inhuman prick had a vision about the Hulk killing everyone. It didn't make any sense.

The white boy has a black mutt little brother (?). KEK

Comic Chron says it sold 9,765 issues in September.

It's doing worse than Hellcat. Not much worse, but still bad.

I've honestly been trying to read this for a few days, but the book just DRAAAAAAAAGS without the Killer Folk in it. I mean, damn, the first arc wasn't gold, but the Killer Folk stuff kept me reading along. This batch of pages does bring up something… does everyone just know she's Moon Girl? I can't imagine a scenario where they don't, so are they just hoping she'll grow out of her Red Dinosaur phase? This whole situation could be solved by better parenting.

And shouldn't at least one of her parents be a potential Inhuman as well, or is it something that can skip generations?

Wait… why does it look like… is it made out of Legos? Wouldn't ANY MATERIAL STRONGER THAN LEGOS be infinitely less expensive then making it out of LEGOS?

Are LEGOS just something more powerful in the Marvel Universe? Like Tsum Tsums?

Damn it… if the whole book was as good as these Killer Folk parts, it would be legitimately great.

and Asian.

Green and Asian you say?

Her gadgets are some cartoony shit.

I'm surprised Marvel hasn't tried making a smart Hispanic superhero instead of using another black person.

They can't even get the fucking LEGO right! If this is supposed to be the First* LEGO League, why does it appear they are only using standard Lego bricks instead of the current robotic LEGO Mindstorms kits with (Technic) studless beams, hooked up to motors and sensors and then built around a "programmable brick" (currently EV3) programmed via code by a computer.

These autonomous LEGO robots then go onto to a play field to complete various missions/objectives (with a different yearly theme) to score points within a time limit and try to get the top score.

All they show is her (and other kids) just using standard bricks to build . . . some sort of weird looking immobile thing >>714511 And then she tries to win the by using the "cybernetic triceratops" instead but also loses. And doesn't even take into account the huge cost (and time) of all those LEGO bricks she would have needed to assemble said triceratops.

It's like they are trying to show any girls reading this to get into STEM, by using a real world competition (with copyrights!) and then they completely fuck up how First LEGO League is actually run. They would have been better off just using a fictional competition. I feel like who ever wrote this must of heard of the FLL and then just made it up as they went along (and then threw in some LEGO Marvel Superhero minifigures cameos near the end).

* First is an abbreviation for For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology for those who don't know.

I participated in the FIRST Robotics competition when I was in highschool. Good times.

I like this. Somehow.

I thought she wasn't supposed to be an inhuman?

Is she gonna come out looking like an ape? Or is she just gonna come out normal but even smarter? OR will this shit finally be canceled for good?

These are the issues leading up to the ones at the start of the thread. She's inhuman and her inhuman power is swapping her mind with the T-Rex when she gets stressed.

That's dumb.

Underrated post

…How is that a good power for her? A T-rex is not a good vessel for "the smartest person ever". Small arms, unwieldy destructive body, poor vision.

It's like getting to be the shittiest version of the Hulk ever. And this is on top of them already doing Cho Hulk, who gets all the benefits of being the Hulk with none of the drawbacks, and even then, they've kind of given up on his super intellect.

They haven't used it to their benefit at all. It's fucking stupid. It's mostly been used as a plot device to make things worse. Because that's all Luna ever does. Make things worse.

It just hit me.. I know exactly why this shit bothers me so much.

It's Dexter's Lab with a niglet.

Yeah but with Dexter's lab people acknowledge he's smart. Everyone including his teachers, his sister and parents. The thing with Dexter is that it was actually good and he didn't have to whine to his parents and friends all the time.

And now we're officially caught up with what I posted in the beginning.

Are we supposed to believe Ms.Marvel commands any authority?

I'd jaywalk just to piss her off.

Fuck her.

Do they just give the Avengers gear out like fucking candy?

I'm too lazy to read all this, but I really like the concept or overall the rise of comics with a *gasp* female target audience (like this and Gwenpool), as long as they aren't shittily written like that shit-comic which name I forgot but keeps getting threads.

I like how bright and colorful everything is and noone is like "AAARGH I'm gonna punch your face" and some edgy writers don't have someone cannibalize another character or punch heads off or whatever crap. It just looks stupid when someone gets ripped apart in an Avengers comic for example.

Moon Girl is particularly original, I like weird ideas. That's what comics are for. Really nice artwork too.

And not to forget: Not sexualizing sexy characters like in Gwenpool and the characters being all casual about it is way hotter than some stupid ass hooker in a cape and thong.

Moon Girl is a reboot of Moon Boy, an intelligent monkey boy who rode around with a T-rex

They reinvented her as a nigger genius who makes stupid toy-like gadgets and Inhuman powers.

Meh so another reboot a la Gwenpool.
Still, a female character with a pink friggin T-Rex is still better.

Just read the parts with the Killer Folk. The only thing that caught my attention in the second arc was LEGOS and Kree Dad.

So young and already a cat lady. Marvel 2016.