Hello fellas...

Hello fellas, I'm a recently graduated civil engineer specialized in soil mechanics with expierience in roads and steel structures and I got some job options, help me choose one:
1: Slope stability analysis for minning company. Good money, late pay, big environmental issues (guilt for me).
2: Uncle's steel structure building company. Less pay, on date, no environmental issues, family job.
3: Road building company. Big company, low pay, on date, low environmental issues, chances of going abroad, implies leaving town and going to live on big scary city (Santiago, Chile).
4: Other option (you propose).

PS1: I live in La Serena, Chile
PS2: Im on weed, booze and coke

Pic related, image from my thesis work on soil arching effects for shoring piles systems wiith FEM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wsRWM8XvypM
youtube.com/watch?v=FKgIGAw2Fcc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here, have some webms while you think about it

Wtf. Ouija carrots?
Lol, good one.

1. Why late pay? Good money is good money.
2. Save this one for later when you really need it. Gain some experience first.
3. Going abroad is exciting but what's in Chile except desert, Mexicans and funny hats? Low pay stinks. Ruining Mother Earth sounds like the bester option.
What did you mean "abroad"?
This could land you in trouble "abroad".
4. CP.

What exactly do you do? Make sure the sand won't move?

Family business. You could end up running it.

1. Late pay, it's a small compay that makes the design of minning throwaway dams, so they get paid when the project is accepted, cashflow issues.
3. I mean abroad to study on Germany or other place that's not in Chile

It's more sort of like make sure the toxic disposal material won't destroy the whole valley's ecological balance and contaminate the drinking water for people

My cousin is big comp. for that

2. and 3. are your best options. No guilt is good – listen to your conscience. Either path is respectable (join and grow the family business or go afar and find your own path).
I guess I would urge you to go abroad and brave the scary big city, since presumably you're young and it's especially good to travel when you're young.

In my country Civil Engineering is 7 years and took me 8, i'm 27
I love my 500.000 people town, all my life here. I'm a local hooligan for the soccer team and do lots of surf, Santiago has no access to the sea, that's a big handicap. I am most likely to choose option 2

Here's a picture of my band of hooligans

football hooligans are the biggest wiggers on earth.

Go travel. Save up on your low pay so you can go for (1.) later. Big cities have more interesting things than your village, just learn to love it.

2. is a great option but it will still be there later and you'll be better off with some more experience first.

They look cute and peaceful.

no wiggers man, it's the most right winged in Chile our song is the erika march. Perhaps you don't understand football, the most manly, testosterone rusher sport ever created by mankind.

PS: erika march youtube.com/watch?v=wsRWM8XvypM

youtube.com/watch?v=FKgIGAw2Fcc
this is from the local derby with coquimbo unido on 2009

Ok, no more replys. Thanks to all who posted (probably just one guy, ty anyway). I'm aplying for option 3 and work sporadically at 1 and 2

Well, that works. If you have something that's good for you, no reason not to stick with it.

bro, what's ur opinon on ???

A brave choice. See you in Somalia.

c ya

I feel both envy and contempt. I wish I could be one of those people, but I'm not.