Holla ForumsITICALLY INCORRECT PHYSICAL TRAINING

EUGENICS AND PHYSICAL FITNESS

I am collecting older vintage sources on the history and philosophy of physical fitness - including ones that do not shy away from explicit discussions of eugenics.

For example, I have recently come across a classic series of books by the French scholar and navy officer Georges Hébert called L’Education Physique ou l’Entrainement Complet par la Methode Naturelle or Physical Education or Complete Training by the Natural Method which was first published in 1912. You can find it mostly translated into English under the title The Natural Method: Georges Hébert's Practical Guide to Physical Education in five brief booklet volumes, including an additional sixth volume specifically discussing fitness opportunities for women and the history of classical beauty ideals for ladies.

To give you an idea, the book on women begins with an introduction by the translator which warns about some of the author's archaic views on women and the mention of some 'eugenic' principles.

But from what I've read of Herbert's writings, it all seems mostly like straightforward and practical workout advice/instructions, although there are some bits that lean quite strongly on the fashy side. He was no Nazi, but he was very critical of modernity and draws on some old wisdom from Antiquity here and there.

I'm interested in finding more material on physical fitness that does not shy away from treading on the dangerous subject of eugenics as well as detailed histories of classical ideals concerning the human body.

I know it sounds really strange and nerdy and a bit autistic to be interested in reading about the topic of physical fitness, but what interests me the most are the different perspectives on history, philosophy, idealism, and the general mentalities articulated related to physical fitness. And as you should know, the best writing on this stuff has become harder to find in a post-WWII climate that often encourages dysgenic laziness or deceptively commercializes fitness culture as a frivolous health consumer hobby for single moms and meatheads, with all kinds of unbearably cheesy modern slogans and other bullshit.

If you know of some better or similar sources on these topics that do not spare the edge, please recommend them. It can be books, articles, excerpts or whatever.

I also invite any general discussions on the relationship between physical fitness and eugenics in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

bothmermovement.co.uk/
waldorf-resources.org/articles/display/archive/2014/07/28/article/movement-education-the-origins-of-bothmer-gymnastics/c19f05f1ec6fa0291b8600b16487dfc9/
spacialdynamics.com/bothmer/
youtube.com/watch?v=BNmkmk-Mt9c
youtube.com/watch?v=azstQ4zIBFg
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/18eh63/a_beginner_mass_gain_routine_from/
weightrainer.net/training/beginners.html
stewsmith.com/linkpages/BUDSwarningorder.htm
archive.is/uPvUM
darebee.com/
archive.is/bffW9
youtube.com/watch?v=c1LdlS1_kdg
youtube.com/watch?v=dqjSVDzvBAk
archive.is/jRUFs
themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/
vahvafitness.com
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4wfi14/everyone_tells_you_that_flared_elbows_are_bad/
viktorbright.deviantart.com/gallery/
backend.deviantart.com/rss.xml?q=gallery:ViktorBright/27792969&type=deviation
stronglifts.com/
archive.is/gyN91
biggerfasterstronger.com/uploads/Flexibility Program.pdf
archive.is/t9H5S
archive.is/jt4os
archive.is/MEgQb
archive.is/pp1no
www30.zippyshare.com/v/jTzzd6Pw/file.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JBHzXF-mVjY
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3762587/No-man-worth-1-000-hour-disappointed-SARAH-VINE-tries-super-trainer-says-d-spend-money-red-wine.html
gym-talk.com/reg-park-5x5-routine/
www(.)davidgentle(.)com/library/bruno/index.html#p=1
youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU
amazon.(co).uk/dp/B00RYLA9HC)
workoutlabs(.)com/wp-content/uploads/watermarked/Seated_Palm-Up_Barbell_Wrist_Curl.png
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biphasic_and_polyphasic_sleep
archive.org/details/guidepractiqued00hbgoog
archive.org/details/leducationphysi00hbgoog
archive.org/details/lducationphysiq00hbgoog
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just found out that oats n squatz was a massive troll.
Fucking jerks were trying to trick people into getting HUGE butts.

Slide, sage.

TEN SETS OF TEN AT THE MINIMUM
Are you lifting? 5x5? fucking pussy.
10x10, NOW! All of your workouts.
Do you even want to get strong?

nobody got time for that, my friendoreno

I sold my car to buy a rifle, ammo, equipment and a ticket to Syria to fight kebab.

DEUS VULT, AVE MARIA

bothmermovement.co.uk/

waldorf-resources.org/articles/display/archive/2014/07/28/article/movement-education-the-origins-of-bothmer-gymnastics/c19f05f1ec6fa0291b8600b16487dfc9/

spacialdynamics.com/bothmer/

Gimnastica Bothmer
youtube.com/watch?v=BNmkmk-Mt9c

Bothmergymnastik | Idrottslärare med waldorfprofil
youtube.com/watch?v=azstQ4zIBFg

history
Count Fritz von Bothmer developed the fundamental exercises in collaboration with Rudolf Steiner in the 1920's. Bothmer came to create these exercises through a profound understanding of the way spatial forces pass around and through the human being.

Bothmer® gymnastics formed the basis of the curriculum of the first Steiner Waldorf School in Stuttgart. The exercises trace, enhance and strengthen the developing consciousness of the growing person through the various stages of development.

or you could just call up DDPYoga

Underrated beginner routines for those who don't like the SS approach:
reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/18eh63/a_beginner_mass_gain_routine_from/

weightrainer.net/training/beginners.html

Unless you are some massive pussy that needs 10 minutes of break between sets there is no fucking excuse to not do this. It should not take more than an hour for the entire routine under any circumstance

I do this: stewsmith.com/linkpages/BUDSwarningorder.htm

Not the cardio part, though. I just walk.

Based on the first sentence of your post, this is exactly the name that came to my mind. I'm afraid it doesn't get better than that though.

Interested in finding the originals in French though, couldn't find them anywhere despite countless online French libraries with scanned books. Ironically, translations are the only alternative.

Look into convict conditioning.

Isn't that working out like a nigger?

It's calisthenics, son.

It works I do his one he made before he got famous with DDP yoga his YRG oneI have to convert the video file for the DDP to get it to work on my telly.

It is worth it.

If you have enough excuses not to go to the gym then I would suggest Kettlebells as an alternative. Kettlebell workouts hit multiple muscle groups and drastically improve your posture.

Not realising it's just body-weight movement, something you don't need to buy a program to learn and do.

Not realising he's a wrestler and is naturally inclined to shill products. His whole work-career is based on pretend.

Come on user, it's not like you don't even try.

The Spartans spun fuck out of the Greeks with their calisthenics routines in preparation for battle.

Got any PDFs?

there is many on >>>/pdfs/
Mods have disabled PDF posting on this board.

I recommend everyone to look into Autogenic Training. It’s a relaxation technique developed by German psychiatrist J.H. Schultz. He later went on to work for the Nazis but this technique is still being taught at schools and clinics throughout Europe. An approach to meditation free of esotericism or ideology, if you will. Very useful.

Here’s a manual in English:
archive.is/uPvUM

TAP INTO YOUR VÖLKISCH ZEN

I was looking for this video, thx m8y

It's not a troll… It's about getting scrawny people who have never lifted to be able to gain weight

Its like you don't even want to get /fit/ and paid for it

Such is life in the zone

Umm

But user I'm up here with you.

Why

darebee.com/
Allow me to shill for Free, as in Freedom, fitness right here. The site provides new bodyweight workouts everyday and more focused programs for specific fitness goals, also for free.

You can start training immediately since it requires no equipment, it tells you exactly what to do, and you wont ever be too sore to exercise the next day. The site also has a decent amount of fitness advice and some recipe/meal plans if you really don't want to have to think.

You have an obligation to be /fit/ in preparation for the happenings of the future.

I'm doing 3X30 for my arm workouts. I only have a small 10lb (poorfag) and small ass chicken arms. I'm working at it though! I do bike and skate bored, squats. I have only just started and do have /fit/ sticky stuff as well.

101lb manlet.

It's literally what women do to build glutes.

lel

There is a point you stop, but gloots for the sloots was never a troll.

what are you gay?

Formulating your workouts to prioritize showy upper-body muscles is the male version of women only working out their asses. Lifting only for aesthetics is degenerate– strong legs and core muscles are essential for health and functional strength. To neglect the largest and most useful muscles in your body because you think "it will make your butt look big" is the pinnacle of numale behaviour.

this tbh, some nu-male cuck with pencil legs is not going to be able to grip your cock with his rectal muscles the way a /fit/izen could

If you're a man you need to be building your chest, arms and back. If you can't do that, get jealous of guys who can and thus do get chicks, that's something else. It's certainly not degenerate.

So you're actual fucking fags. Stay off Holla Forums.

Are we even speaking the same language? Does ANYONE actually think you should ONLY work out your upper body?

Especially if you're building yourself up to potentially fight. Your hands are going to be seeing a lot more action than your feet. You gotta build those arms and back.

more work should go into your upper body than your legs, but no, not ignore the legs entirely.

Having strong legs is most certainly aesthetic, in my opinion. I was replying to the original guy's opinion that doing squats is a troll because it makes your butt look too big.

Nobody who unironically recommends "squatz and oatz" thinks you should only do squats. To purposely achieve suboptimal gluteal gains for aesthetic purposes is degenerate, but you should obviously work out your upper body as well. I never said you shouldn't.

Another important point that many people fail to understand is that SS and similar programmes that focus on squats and a few other compound lifts and neglect specific upper-body muscles are intended to be for beginners. Beanpole cucks benefit much more from full-body exercises and focusing on eating a lot of calories than they would from doing a bunch of isolation exercises and not eating enough. It's supposed to be for building a muscular foundation that can later be refined, not continued in perpetuity until your ass is the only large part of your body.

The power of punches comes from your legs first. You need a strong base to propel against the ground for your upper body to even be able to move forward with a considerable force. It's an "equal and opposite reactions" thing– having a strong trunk and legs gives you a base that is absolutely necessary for fighting.

Recommendation from a guy who throws 1,5 ton/day: do your bridge. Seriously, don't be a fag.
Extra tip: horizontal dips as a hold exercise.
Start from 20s, then add 5s per week. Do 1x5, do twice a week. Currenty i'm stuck at 65s.
Another unwanted tip: towel pullup. I recommend using a thick rope.
Secret healthy pleasure trick: twist hold.

Have you never done martial arts? All power starts from the heels.

Well there's certainly more to target on the upper body if you're going for a look.

I don't really see why you cant do both. I'm doing both. Also your legs have to carry around your fat ass all day so they're already capable of lifting more be default.

Unless you're a manlet

First, Spartans were Greek.

Second, they probably lifted bags of sand and rocks.

We know ancient warriors would train by carrying around calves all day.

Dynamic loads. Good exercise.

I'm an out of shape 26 year old NEET. How do I get into construction? Also I don't speak spanish.

Apply for general labor jobs or landscaper job on craigslist. Show up with a pair of steel toed boots, jeans and a tee shirt and get to work.

Most construction jobs are literally split up into racial groups. The nigger group, the spic group and a White group.

If there is an odd Asian they hang out with the Whites.

Each racial group basically only work with each other.

Also it's sad that this nu-male idea is beginning to be popular on the chans that weights are "dangerous macho" and "scary" and that calisthenics are better while gobbling down estrogenic edamame and soy milk all day…

While girls out there in high school are lifting heavy ass weight and wolfing down steaks and steroids.

Sad.

Sad!

Wat

Calisthenics can be a good place to start, especially if you're a limp wristed NEET faggot, as is often the case on the chans, but to disregard weights because they're spooky is simply asinine.

congrats on not using the lower half of your legs

Calisthenics are quite good… I'm doing Convict conditioning by the letter for a few months now, and while it's quite slow, it does build a very good strength foundation.

physical fitness and athleticism
growing the largest possible muscles you could get is clumsy and useless, also aimlessly expensive outside of a cushioned society, you need to be able to go weeks with subadequate food and come out back to normal within a few days of proper eating - you can't do that when you try to be an 8% 250lbs muscle bound thing that "can throw really heavy stuff up 4-8 times".

this guy has a neat channel, very detailed advice on exercise variations and form

Even if doing squats and legwork is aesthetic, shouldn't we do it anyway?

Beauty is an ideal to strive for, surely? Symmetry and order too?

George Hebert's Natural Method is cited as one of the major influences to the early development of parkour, by David Belle and several others who are considered founders of the sport. If you're looking for something that combines fitness training with practical movement skills I would really recommend looking into it. Forget the flips (though they can be fun) and look at the general obstacle traversal and climbing techniques.

From a Holla Forums perspective, I wouldn't consider you prepared for any kind of Happening situation if you're unable to comfortably traverse a wall greater than you're own height, or drop down from a relative height without injuring yourself.

do a 5x5 program like Starting Strength, or Stronglifts

after you do that for ~3months transition onto something else

doing 5 reps builds STRENGTH
doing 12 reps builds mass
because of this you see the huge variances between people lifting the same weight, some look really muscular, while others dont. the ones who arent muscular got to that point much faster, as they were able to lift heavier things earlier. doing a 3x12 means you will progress in additional weight very slowly, while a 5x5 you can slap 5lbs more on every day/week

eat 500kcal below TDEE
eat 500kcal above TDEE

1lb bodyweight = 1g protein

I'll add my personal experienced counsel on the issue.

I was raised as a competitive rower, competing at international level all through my teens. Pic related is Pete Reed, who rowed at elite level with my coaches. He recently won gold in Rio.

I then went on to be trained by the Royal Marines. Right now I don't know (or care) how much I weigh but I look ripped, my muscles are very strong and dense and I have a good sex drive/energy level etc.

Anyway, here's the two key points I have to make;

I think a big problem people find is they think they have to make it so damn complex to get /fit/. Pay a gym, do a million types of lifts to target each muscle group, take classes, buy weights, what if I'm doing the form wrong, etc.

The problem with a complex approach is a) It takes a long time to see results if you're only doing each muscle group once a week and b) It's just too hard to keep track of if you have a life.

Bodyweight- only exercises are a great way to start anyway, because of the way they naturally make your form optimal, and build your core strength really well. Good press ups and chin ups make your back muscles stretch and align. This, combined with running properly, will give you a body far superior to any gym rat, both in appearance and strength, flexibility and speed.

Those weird, inflated-looking bodybuilders are NOT fit, they are freaks who ONLY have strength, not flexibility, endurance or speed. Look up videos of bodybuilders arm wrestling people. Often their arms look twice the size of the guy who destroys them. Do not make the mistake of trying to copy their methods.

The reason the guy with smaller arms can win is MUSCLE DENSITY. This is true strength. In fact, the size of your arms is a very bad indicator of your arm strength, and it's the same for any muscle. You want to build as much muscle fibre as possible, within as small a space as possible, and over time make that space expand, instead of going for the big aesthetic gains straight away.

The exercises; Chin ups

Grab a bar (literally any horizontal thing, I use a tree branch if I can't find anything else), and pull like fuck until your chin goes over it. Cross your legs under you in a comfortable way. Do as many as you can in a minute, even if you have to keep stopping or only get to 1 the first time. Don't worry, the first gains are the hardest and you'll be shocked at how quickly you gain the strength.

Grips; vary your grips between palms in and palms out, wide and narrow grips, whatever you like. When you get good and want to increase the difficulty, try one-handed chin ups. You'll find you naturally get into the literal swing of it. I knew a guy who had gorilla arms and all he did was one-handed chin ups, he could climb a ladder with just his arms.

EASY VERSION- if you're weak to start, do chin-downs. Basically hold the bar and jump, and lower yourself as slowly as you can until you gain the strength to do a proper chin-up.

With just a minute of this a day, your muscles will grow enormously strong. But obviously do more if you can. This will improve your; neck, shoulders, biceps, forearms, wrists, lats, abs and hip flexors.

As your muscles grow stronger, they will get heavier, so the next time you do the exercise you'll be lifting more weight. Cue gains ad infinitum, but at a reasonable (but initially VERY fast) pace that will give you huge muscle density.

Thank you kek for granting me dubs of truth, anons heed my advice and you will grow huge.

The exercises; Push ups

Lie on the floor, push yourself up. A lot. It is difficult at first but keep your heels, ass and shoulders in a straight line by tensing your abs.

Again, do as many as you can in a minute, even if at first it's only 1. Like chin ups the early progression of strength is very fast, just keep pushing yourself for a couple of minutes every day and you'll get up to sets of 20+ in no time.

Grips; vary between thumbs together underneath you, to under your nipples, to under your shoulders, to wide-grip press ups. All these variations just make sure you get all the different muscles, and they can be mentally refreshing to a tough workout.

EASY VERSION- push- downs, quite self-explanatory, just lower yourself in a pressup position as slowly as you can and you'll feel the burn. Continue until you have the strength to do your first real push up and you're away on the curve.

Again just a minute per day will get you results, to do more have a minute or two's rest then do another intense minute. Listen to your body.

This will improve your; neck, shoulders, back, chest, triceps, forearms, wrists, lats, abs, and hip flexors.

Note that between this and chin ups you are covering all major upper body muscle groups with just two body weight exercises.

Again, the infinite gains rule applies because all the muscle you pile on will be contributing to your weight, and thus the weight you make yourself lift.

Final post, running.

Run on your toes. ALWAYS.

If you're going on your first ever run, I don't care how slow you are, YOU KEEP ON THOSE TOES AS A PRIORITY.

This forces your calf muscles to make massive gains because they're taking all your weight and springing it back upwards. This is insanely good for them, mine now get noticed by girls as a thing. We're built to run this way.

(Fun fact, in medieval-industrial revolution Britain calf muscles were considered the sexy muscles, over biceps and abs. That's why they wore those weird white calf socks to show off)

As long as you follow the toes rule you can't go too wrong with running, as long as you push yourself to come back from every run sweating and panting.

As you get fitter you'll feel the wind under your wings and start to enjoy running, it gives one a good sense of freedom.

At this point you'll want to start running with more power and speed, which is when you'll start building up your quads (massive thighs inbound).

Running will also de-fat you, before too long you'll see those abs shining through- they get worked by running too, as well as the hip flexors.

After a good bit of running your whole body will feel like a coiled spring ready to catapult you over the ground. You'll marvel at your biology for sure, after all humans are the best running species.

For completion, running improves your; ankles, calfs, quads, glutes (ass), hip flexors, abs, neck, shoulders and forearms.

To conclude, with these three exercises anyone can get /fit/ as fuck. Just keep pushing yourself at them and the gains will come sooner than you think.

My favourite routine is; run every other day, and do 3 minutes of both chin ups and press ups every day. The beauty is that it's so adaptable.

And finally the most important point

LITTLE and OFTEN is BEST. There's no point thrashing yourself at the gym or anywhere if you can't move for 3 days afterwards (I've made this mistake so you don't have to).

You don't have to workout every day, but 10 minutes 5 days a week is better than half an hour 3 days a week. You've got to keep the ball rolling.

Apart from that, enjoy the sex :)

Congrats on falling on your ass the first time you get hit.

That's the basic principle behind German Volume Training (which I highly recommend for intermediates).

If your girl isn't training to look like an IFBB / NPC bikini model, make her or dump her.

I don't care how naturally thin your girl is. If she won't lift weights, she's a pussy.

Have fun exhausting your adrenals with unnecessarily strenuous workouts, goys.

Have fun getting your neck snapped by a nig when the race war starts, kike.

Every time I lift, my right elbow gets sore and I can't move my arm properly for two or three days. Could it be bad form or is it probably a prior injury?
I do pushups, pullups, bicep curls, and bench presses with dumbbells (no room for a full bar).

They are an okay starting point (and objectively better than doing nothing at all) but what troubles me is the extremely feminine mentality of "I don't like it, it's loud, sweaty and scary… n-n-not to mention it's so unrefined… here look at these old drawings of ancient people stretching"…

While normiebook is full of girls posting "strong is the new skinny", "lift hard to look sexy", "I don't have a thigh gap, my quads are too huge".

I don't think anyone here is really advocating this…

It's usually normies that want to fuck clubsluts, and /fit/izens that are wannabe normies.

I think ideally you should train like SpecOps/Navy SEALs aka a ton of cardio, shooting but also working on mental toughness like crawling through mud, carrying heavy weight for miles on unforgiving terrain and wading in freezing water.

Also, if you're like most city folk, you've probably never killed anything in your life, so practice shooting an animal and cutting it open to get used to blood and guts.

But which thread are they in? Can't find them at the moment

I'll give this a try. Every time I start meditating, I only keep at it for about a week then stop. If this works more for me, and this thread is still up in another week, I'll report back on what I've found

How do you even pretend to win the race war if you can't fight for shit?

checked

This is basically what I believe aswell, good to see someone with actual credentials type something like this up. You really dont need to go crazy with the complexity to get fit and more importantly to get race war fit. Too many faggots getting way too big.

Bump

I'm screen capping your shit and there is nothing you can do about it, Friend

Greg Nuckols, while being knowledgable on the topic, writes tons of wordy articles, many longer than they should be. This one is pure for every beginner though:

The Complete Strength Training Guide for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Lifters
archive.is/bffW9

Good to hear, please keep in mind that the effect will be barely noticable in the beginning. Over the course of roughly two weeks, if practiced daily, the sensations should increase/intensify. Cheers.

Check out maces and clubs too.

Clubs.
youtube.com/watch?v=c1LdlS1_kdg

Maces.
youtube.com/watch?v=dqjSVDzvBAk

Wtf are the rubber bands doing?

Kakšno je stanje v Srbiji, Makedoniji, Bosni, Hrvaški? Kako se vlada/država pripravlja na drugi val? V medijih ni ničesar, informacije so dobrodošle

I have had a pinched muscle/nerve in my side that I will be living with for the rest of my life. How can I lift again without aggravating this transient injury (it can be debilitating for a week if I accidentally fuck it up).

Depends on which nerve…
There are nerve flossing exercises which can improve shit like this.

archive.is/jRUFs

For all you desperate fatties out there, try this military diet: themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/

This diet has been working great for me, I've been losing weight, my energy level is up, sleeping better, less depression and girls have even been noticing me.

This is the perfect diet for the average user because cooking is unnecessary, there is just enough salt and sugar to keep you sane and ween you off of the modern degenerate diet of over salted over sugary foods and best of all it is FAST.

Remember that being of a healthy weight is of uttermost importance. Training is important too but it won't help you lose weight nearly as much as a good diet will.

Quality post. Capped.

It's a flank nerve, located under my rib cage and close to my liver. Nothing serious, doesn't threaten my health, but randomly will flare up and absolutely put me out of commission.

This. Fucking this. Rewild yourself. Fuck treadmills in airconditioned gyms. Run OUTSIDE in the FOREST. Run in different terrain like snow, mud, etc. It seems like such a small thing yet so many guys, even really fit guys, never do these things and only use the gym. You can't be part of a RWDS if you're afraid of getting dirty.

I like where this is going.

CAPPED

SWEATING PROFUSELY

BRB TRANSFORMING MY POWER LEVEL

can someone try and refute this?

I like the sound of it a lot and want to try it, but I'm very much conditioned with the "squatz n oatz" mentality and it sounds like trying to avoid lifting heavy shit

what am I missing here?

Vahava Fitness is a training school very much in this vein. They focus on traditional bodybuilding, and building practical, full-body strength.

vahvafitness.com

If you can't do 3 sets of 8 pushups or pull ups, then the weights you'd be lifting are lighter than your bodyweight and your point doesn't make sense

Do you want to lift heavy ass weights or do you want to get ripped?
There's one approach to lifting heavy ass weights(whcih will make you look ripped later on), and various approaches to getting ripped(which most likely won't make you lift heavy ass weights later on)

Jesus man, at least shill for some decent shit.

/fit/ guy from halfchan here (though I am here and there 50% on each place, this place for Holla Forums obviously)

The topic of testosterone is a grand one. But its an extremely important part of everything.

Natural testosterone especially is a good and extended focus for the natty guy, for the person who wants to get out of the nu cuck male levels.

The thing is, I think that I have made it, but I followed a somewhat rare source material. Namely that of "testshock" from a torrent site. I used to recommend that book to other anons, but kickass torrents got busted. So there is no more link to that.

So I wonder, is there a a free site that has all the methods that the testshock thing has?

and a ton of other small oddities. You see, I want to give the knowledge of good natural test to other people. But I am lacking a pastebin, or a sticky, or a general thing for that.

And I often go to /fit/ and even meet people who I want to give this advice to. Because as you know, most people are not up to their potential test levels. Most people have all these wrong variables that prevent them from getting optimal test levels.

I need a guide mang.

keeping the plates on since there are too many plates leaving no room for clips, he wouldn't need to do that if he wasn't using bumper plates though

How do you stop drinking the liquid Jew Holla Forums? I feel like I'm addicted to it.

addictions are tied to lots of unconscious behavior. Things that you take for granted, you beast. Deprive yourself of money, become a poorfag where you have to choose between staying alive, and indulging in useless things. Then you might notice how useless those things truly are.

Magic mushrooms. I'm dead serious.

Good excuse to add some omissions I made while responding to you:

Definitely eat lots of oats for complex carbs, and remember every step you take while running is like a half squat, although on one leg (so double weight). Over time this builds your leg muscles in the same way, while doing other things like cardio and ab work.

By all means do squats too.

An 80kg man lifting himself up with his biceps is lifting 40kg with each bicep, that's pretty heavy. Same principle with pushups. You'll discover how hard one chin up really is on the first day. (Don't worry, you've just got to be harder).

You can also progress to one-handed to increase the weight.

And I'll repeat, because this is really the key, that because it's bodyweight, the more muscle you gain the more muscle you gain. Muscle is heavy and before long you'll be lifting a 100kg man. Curling/benching 100kg is no mean feat.

As says, eventually a bodybuilder would be able to lift heavier than you, but it would take a lot longer (years), is expensive, complicated, difficult to stick to, and you don't get as much flexibility, endurance or speed.

Lifting heavy things isn't really the goal, that's the means. The goal is to be able to move around a battlefield with great speed, agility and power.

I say this method works with such confidence because it's honestly made my body the best it's ever been.

As I said I'd been into fitness for years, done all the gym/bodybuilding stuff, I see this is a progression from that, after critiquing the lifestyle as best I could.

I'd love every Holla Forumsack to be able to follow this and get properly ripped.

If you still are skeptical, do it for a week. You won't be skeptical after that.

it's most likely pushups, possibly pull ups, make sure you have the right hand position for pushups, for pull ups if you are doing it with your palms facing you it can put your elbow in a stretched position some people can't take, do it with your palms facing away.

sorry accidentally clicked , I meant

MAKE AMERICA FIT AGAIN

is this nigger joking?

It's not everyday and white bread is discouraged.

ah, I should have mentioned that my main goal is weight gain right now

i'm already moderately skinnyripped from a few years of lifting, but i have a generally twinky low-test look that i hate with a passion and am trying to break free from

thanks though, this is very interesting stuff that I'll probably try once i stall on progression in my current program

Oh, when I say twinky/low-test I mean child-like also

i look like a soft faggot millenial despite growing up in the country spending all my time outside and it kills me

Your diet is more important for weight gain than your exercises.

To be honest if you do any sort of lifting at all, your muscles will adapt to it and grow.

My advice is just aimed at giving you the most efficient workout in terms of time/effort to get the most results.

I guess I should make a diet post as well.

The things you imagine your back doing are done by your back, legs, and core muscles. Throws, Heavy lifts, pushing things. Please be aware of yourself.

Someone who eats well and only moderately does anything that strains their body will look better and be healthier than someone who eats poorly and trains often and as much as they can.

100% Good Shit

Can attest having been out of shape for several years. Started slow with core, grip and walking then running exercises. I'm still getting back into shape, but the difference is definitely noticeable. It does help that I didn't gain an obscene amount of weight while I sat around. Always watched how much I ate. After lifting heavy shit in HS and ultimately injuring my back, I'm wary of gyms and have stuck mainly to more intense, stamina building workouts. Plus its cheaper. Don't need a gym, just some basic shit and get to work.

Also improved my running form as I have a bit of an over pronation and was massive heel striker, started mid to toe-striking and holy hell did my calves burn after the first few runs. After about a week my calves adapted and I hardly notice anymore.

I found a decent book and the author outlines basically what you've stated and built some solid workouts. That's the author. Has solid stuff for building functional muscle and stamina. Started with one of his other books, Tactical Fitness, sounds hokey but its worked so far. He also has a huge library of videos on youtube etc

50km/50kg/5days

Diet to grow huge, grow body hair, grow testosterone

This is basically my shopping list
But I'm huge so whatever, follow me

If you buy your own food, it's easiest to buy a balanced diet and then eat whatever you feel like over the week. That way you can't help but eat a balanced diet, without really thinking about it.

Calorific measures are too vague and they change per person too much. Just try to eat MORE. Think of your body as a furnace you're feeding. The more you feed it, the hotter it will burn, and your metabolism will speed up. So you can eat more. Any excess energy should be burnt off with exercise, rather than avoided being eaten in the first place.

A skinny low-test guy has a little campfire. Your aim is to build it into a roaring bonfire. This way you can eat more, but you will burn more, so you won't get fat.

Base diet

Go to your supermarket, figure out a shopping list that gives you the following ratios;

30% Carbohydrates

- Oats
-Bread
-Potatoes
-Rice

Are all good and flexible to cook with.

30% Vegetables

I don't know all the details of vitamins, but I know if you eat all different coloured veg you'll get them all.

-Spinach (Iron)
-Kale (Iron)
-Sweetcorn (Fibre)
-Peas
-Onions
-Carrots
-Tomatoes
-Lettuce
-etc

20% Protein

-Fish (Omega 3, oil strengthens joints)
-Fish
-Fish
-Chicken (Careful it's not pumped full of hormones)
-Red meat (sparingly, has high fat and causes diseases)
-Eggs

20% Beans and extras

-Baked beans
-Kidney beans
-Mixed beans (all beans are high in protein and fibre)
-Sauces like ketchup and mayo
-Butter (vegetable oil spread is better)
-Comfy foods like soup and chocolate
-Fruit and nuts are the best snacks
-Salt and spices (salt is needed often because it's lost in sweat)

A human can survive and thrive on only the above. Notice how everything is in its raw/original form, no ready meals or shit with a million weird sounding ingredients.

To increase your intake for lifting, eat more carbs and protein, to taste. Listen to your body.

I eat shit all the time, pizzas and ice cream and stuff (but as optional extras, not replacing the diet). As long as it's in moderation and you are aware of the high fat content, it shouldn't do you any harm.

WATER

Trees need water to grow and so do heart of oak men.

My advice is to carry a bottle of water around with you, you'll sip it all the time without even realising.

Your piss is the indicator. It should be nearly clear, all the time. If it's not, drink more until it is.

Hydration is KEY so this is potentially the most important point.

Water allows your muscles to use the energy stored in them. It also keeps your skin clear.

Apart from that, have fun learning to cook with fresh ingredients, it's fun :)

Bonus; This kind of food is always the cheapest.

Hope I've helped some anons with this information. Took me fucking ages to figure it out, there's a LOT of disinfo out there.

As I say my credentials are basically being very experienced in this, I'm built but cut and 6'5 , my agenda is only to help like-minded people.

Kek is truly shining on me tonight, thank you.

I forgot to add that pretty much all of that can be bought canned and stocked up on if you like prepping. I tend to buy a bit more than I need and grow my stock each week.

thanks a lot based effortposter

your wisdom does not fall on deaf ears

Thanks for your detailed posts user. You've convinced me get off my lazy ass and that's not easy.

Be careful not to go too wide on the push ups, I fucked up my shoulder doing this. Plebbit post with vid explaining here

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4wfi14/everyone_tells_you_that_flared_elbows_are_bad/

I like 6x6x6 supersets

If you like his work, here is his gallery.

viktorbright.deviantart.com/gallery/

RSS feed for his work - backend.deviantart.com/rss.xml?q=gallery:ViktorBright/27792969&type=deviation

You fucking lucky bastard, hope you have 12 kids, we need that type genetic make up.

For anons who are not used to running,

1.Start with jump rope to get build strength
2.If you can run with thick socks and no plastic shoes it will you teach you proper running technique naturally.

3. Wear shoes and run anywhere while keeping good form from running without plastic shoes.

That's literally all I do. Sometimes the 5 Tibetan Rites.

And also flat-footed squatting. Some Asian villagers can sleep like that. Try it, getting a real deep stretch through the entire back and Dura Mater by elongating the neck and tucking the chin. It is of prime importance to stretch/unwind this tissue found throughout your skull interior and spine because it effects the entire posture of the body along with hormone profile (pituitary).

Cut that muscle density bullshit out right now. It's bioscience at best. The reason someone with small muscles can be stronger than someone with big muscles is due to better muscle recruitment patterns and the nervous response. Strength is largely determined by the nervous system. If the nerves send a big intense signal to the muscles they apply a big force.

You train your nervous system this way by doing intense low volume workouts. You may only do a few reps, but you do it near your max. This reinforces the nervous response and makes it stronger, and let's you lift more weight next time. This is why you can see powerlifters half the size of bodybuilders lifting much more weight. They train with intensity.

To get large muscles, you train with lower weight but more volume. This is why bodybuilders spend so much more time in the gym. They use a lower weight and lift rep after rep until they get a massive pump. The muscle fibers reinforce themselves and thicken so they can take the stress. Their strength progression is much slower because the low intensity doesn't stimulate the nervous system as much.

Of course there are other factors out of our control, like mechanical advantage due to individual variances in muscle insertion, but intensity and volume are the things we can control.

On a side note, I encourage everyone to visit /fit/. Whenever someone mentions /fit/ on Holla Forums, somebody gets all but they and says,"but /fit/ is a bunch of degenerate homos!" The vast majority of the gay shit said on /fit/ is said in jest. There are a few actual fags, but guess what, there are actual fags (probably more) right here on Holla Forums too. So stop being a triggered little bitch and get /fit/ already.

Bioscience is supposed to be broscience.

I'd like to point out that men need to eat more pork.

Not only are antibiotics and shit are banned even in America (pig's bodies are too much like ours) but the cuts are usually leaner and more tender than beef and usually a bit cheaper too.

Also kikes and mudslimes don't eat it so that's a plus.

Medfag here. You do both.

In fact,
ALL these things improve with exercise in the body weight range.

you are Latvia bro from /fit/ aren't you

I often read about proteins from pork being of lower quality than other proteins…even detrimental to human health. I can't find any science backing that up or disproving it…can anyone shed light onto this?

Dude, where did you hear that from?

Even professional bodybuilder eat lean cuts of pork while in the last stages of contest prep.

Pork has lower biological value, but that only matters if you are not getting enough protein in the first place. When you are eating more than adequate amounts of protein, then the quality matters much less because you will end up getting enough of each amino acid anyway.

Complete bullshit.

Rowers are low -tier athletes.

You're retarded.

well you sound like an expert on the subject

I live too far away from a gym to go regularly. How do I get /fit/?

Do the bodyweight we exercises posted in this thread.

Here you go you lazy nigger.

Yes, it's a very common view point to critizes Starting Strength from.

lots of reps don't do shit, you need to lift heavier weights if you want to get shredded

stronglifts.com/

There's nothing wrong with taking a low dose of testosterone permanently, known as a low cruise (small amounts of test injection don't cause test supression) to make up for all the xenoestrogens in our food and water.

Also it's a smart idea to take HGH permanently after age 35.

It'll just make you literally more manly and feel young longer.

Try to acquire legit human testosterone like Bayer, instead of the cheap bathtub stuff that meatheads take.

wew

archive.is/gyN91

the art of the flat footed squat!

it seems the slavics descended from tibetan monks haha, jesting.

rest in peace pic related

dude there are herbal testosterone supplements

check out DBAL and nitric oxide boosters

Screencap for posterity

They're all either exaggerated claims or outright falsehoods at increasing test.

This stuff is pure clean test. Completely safe in small doses…

FtM trannies get this shit legally, but unfortunately unless you live in Turkey or some eastern European countries, you need to get a shady doctor for a Rx or buy it illegally over the Internet.

Diet is more important than fitness.

I meant to say exercise instead of fitness

you deserve it

Oh I know I'll have to get some heaver shit to work with, I simply have no money at the moment to do so. Thank you for the heads up though none the less!

Counter sage because I'm stupid.

i just not down to inject some shit.

id much rather take the slower path of herbal testosterone supps that i trust.

It's a sacrifice you'll have to make for the reich

It's not "shit" it's literally human grade testosterone made in a legit lab. The only reason it's not legal to sell is because Jews only want it for girls who want to "transition" into men.

Test-c is just testosterone stabilized in cotton-seed oil.

That "herbal" shit is just eucalyptus oils and other horseshit mixed together and sold as an unregulated suplement.

If you want to make a huge improvement on your life you should stop shilling on a Korean picture site

You forgot his diet chapter.

Make sure the eugenics program only focuses on making the goys better slaves…

And don't worry about breeding for intelligence, the jews already got that one, jock.

Friendly hourly reminder to NEVER trust any reddit advice on lifting.

Although stronglifts is powerlifting, not a bodybuilding routine

Shut up other lain

Pretty sure you can buy most roids OTC in Mexico. Then you have to go to Mexico though, so probably best to just find the guy with the biggest delts in your gym and befriend him.

I am, in fact. "Just do push ups and pull ups" is shit advice. Not that push ups and pull ups are bad.

And yeah, rowing is a low-tier sport that draws inferior athletes and coaches. Just a fact. High-tier endurance athletes and coaches are drawn into running, swimming, and cycling.

I went to school with Greg Nuckols. He's a real bro. Was one of those guys who really wanted to be your friend even if you never understood why.

I don't know, man. While I do hate plebbit witha passion, their subreddit on bodyweight training is pretty solid. But then again, I only ever found it through the /fit/ sticky.

Thanks for all the posts dude. I don't have the money to go to the gym anymore so I'll use this instead.

By the way, you have any tips on becoming more flexible? I'm basically stiff as a plank and sitting on the ground with my legs stretched out in front of me almost hurts.

I got you dude.

biggerfasterstronger.com/uploads/Flexibility Program.pdf

Incredibly motivating, thank you for that. Going to work out right now.

weightroom and advancedfitness are decent, too. when taking up sports activities, plebbit is an ok starting point.

Thanks mate.

I have a question for those of you familiar with combat. I am in good shape, have some very basic training in kickboxing, and do not consider myself a coward. Yet I have noticed a terrible flaw in myself which has occurred twice now.

When I get into a real physical altercation, I get tremendously scared, and start shaking uncontrollably. Twice now I have noticed this, but fortunately I knew enough to beat my first opponent and the second guy backed off, so he either did not notice or mistook it for violent raging.

Anyways, even though I beat the first guy, I had to slip away from everyone around me to collect myself until I stopped shaking like a little bitch.

What causes this, is it an adrenaline dump? How can it be corrected?

This man is a retard and knows nothing about human physiology. If he did, he might have an inkling why just pull ups and push ups is very sound advice, especially to go from beginner/moderately fit.

Look at Pete Reeds biceps. His legs will also be enormous, rowing gives you bigger legs and heart than any sport apart from cycling.

Anyway, you won't understand why, because you don't know what you're talking about.

And your post doesn't refute any of my actual points at all. If you're really doubting my experience because you're nitpicking at the sport I haven't done in years anyway, see

They do not fuck around.

This is natural and felt by anyone in a fight, it's called the fight or flight response. Adrenaline kicks in to numb any pain and increase your reaction speed.

Running away might objectively be your best option for survival so you feel fear as your brain tries to figure out what to do.

There's not really much you can do apart from to train more to have more confidence. You'll still feel it though. Just know the other guy is always feeling it too.

I guess after a lot of fighting you'd start to get used to it and feel it more as adrenaline than fear.

The advantage of the fear is that your subconscious animalistic "lashing out" side will come out. A frightened animal is always the most dangerous.

So on the one hand it sucks because it can make you feel like a bitch, on the other hand it's probably the reason you won the fight.

Umm. Most guys only do benching and curls. Its incredibly common for dudes to neglect all muscles from the nipples down.. Where the fuck have you been?

I lost a leg fighting for Israel (I didn't know better at the time) and now I'm stuck in some shit tiny apartment with hardly enough income to pay for a goddamn thing outside bills and quickly spiralling into a shitty pudgy horror. Tell me how to become fit without leaving the house, buying anything or needing a right leg

for legs you can do bulgarian split squats and single leg bridges. planks for your core.

for upper body do push ups, pull ups, inverted rows. it would help if you could afford a pull up bar, though.

while holding on to a door frame or a chair, i meant to add

I'm having a hard time with the bridges cause my balance is complete dogshit, but the bulgarian squats I can manage. Thanks chum

and if no bar is available you can try to make use of a table like in pic, cheers.

No need to be defensove, I'm interested in the ways that knowledge on a certain subject shifts between generations, and this is a subject that, while not "interesting" to the usual historian, is about a subject that hasn't really changed for the last 10,000 years (the maximum utility of the physical body). So yeah, this subject is damn cool.

Yup, and lsd.
Hallucinogens get you a on the wagon fast

And 15 of that is lean tissue, not fat. Great diet for making yourself a skinny, scraggly weakling I suppose.

depends on how obese the subject starts
the body sheds mostly fat rather quickly when you are 50% lard

holy shit, those boys were all fit

and white

Thanks for the post.

Any anons have advice for ppl working nights and trying to lose weight? Supposedly night work makes shedding weight a lot worse due to circadian rhythm issues.

I walk 7miles a shift on average and crave carbs like a whore

All the "steroids" they sell OTC in Mexico is bunk (usually suplements with steroid sounding names like Dinobol instead of Dianabol) to sell to stupid gringos.

It's actually heavily regulated, although of course it'll be cheaper to buy crappy bathtub steroids from Pedro on the street corner. And then you have to cross the border and risk going to jail at Customs for possession of a schedule 3 drug with no prescription.

That's retarded.

Don't do that.

Really the only nations in which steroids are legal over the counter are in Eastern Europe and Turkey.

Find a doctor willing to give you a Rx for human grade testosterone and just go to your pharmacy and pick it up. Easy, cheap and legal… after you get your script at least.

Or you could go into the grey market and have a female to make tranny give you a couple of extra vials of test.

The ignorance of what test is here shows that for however redpilled you are on somethings, you believe the (((media))) hype that testosterone, a natural hormone that all men (and women but in much smaller doses) possess and what literally make you a man is bad.

I repeat, If you think testosterone is bad for a man, you're fucking retarded and should:

>>>/suicide/

You don't have to take a bodybuilder dose to get xbawcks huge in a cycle, just a small dose once or twice a week for life.

Excellent thread bros. Good job, honestly.

Got a question…something hindering my physical progress for years in fact.
I broke my right wrist years ago, and now I experience numbing pain every time I go too far with my hand or exercise with bad form.
How can I strengthen it so I can minimize the problem (it will never go away 100%, as doctors tell me, but it can be overcome with strengthening it)? I mean, I already lift weights and stuff like that, but my form isn't always good, and I feel like it's taking a (temporary) toll on my hand each time. So is there any "failsafe" method to get me there?

Alright thanks. I'll just have to learn to manage it. It's very strange as you never get that feeling when you're sparing in a ring or training casually, so was not prepared for it. I suppose this is also the case with LEO who have to make quick shoot-to-kill decisions in tense circumstances.

just do good form
figure out what form is too
"perfect" form is a good way to stay weak
some exercises "poor" form is neither more dangerous nor less effective, just involves more muscles that you arent focusing on
in some exercises (squats etc) poor form can cause serious injury
you might want to practice warming up before workouts to get everything nimble, stretches are best after workuots

So there's nothing I can do beside continuing my lifting schedule? I want something to do on my off days, focused on my hand.

You should be repping heavy weights in the 6-12 range, just barely pumping out the last 8th rep for example. Anything beyond that range and you're doing a cardio bunny read: Complete waste of time workout.

dr. ken leistner is renowned strength coach in the nfl and this article is a great read for anyone who is into lifting. it also includes a routine template which is interesting (e.g. he suggests using 2 sets to failure instead of 3).

'''Sensible Training - A Logical Approach to Size and Strength

by Dr. Ken E. Leistner'''

archive.is/t9H5S

There's grip-training devices that you can and do in your couch basically.

Does it come with steroids, so you can keep up with the program without risking any injuries?

In a ring, you know you're not going to have a knife or gun pulled on you. You know if you lose, you'll most likely be ok. Real fights carry the risk of death

Bump.

SLAVIC INSPIRATION INCOMING

Remember Sasha Shpak the cat-like looking Russki bodybuilder? He had two episodes on Mikhail Koklyayev's channel, which I highly recommend watching. At least watch the man dive into a deep monologue in the linked video between 23:40 and 28:30. Don't be fooled by his outlandish looks, what he says could very well be applied to a Holla Forumsack's state of mind.

there are English subs btw

WOULD YOU, GUYS?
I KNOW I WOULD

Is she making a heart with her hands? That's 可愛い as fuck. Still, >3D.

beer increases estrogen.

kek

That looks like if you went too low, you'd flip the table and break your nose

Interestingly, I only feared the table would flip when dead-hanging at the bottom position.

I have since acquired a telescopic pull-up bar.

find out your basic metabolic rate (BMR) to figure out how much you need to eat a day to gain weight and then start lifting heavy things to the point of failure (I do 3X8s)

gains be upon you

t. a fellow hungry skeleton

It does not build a good strength foundation. It builds a good follow through foundation. Any faggot that has done 2 weeks of SS will kick your shitty CC ass.

Faggot, in one month, SS will add 30+ lbs to a squat, while CC will add maybe 30+ body squats. Your advice is shit.

Mah nigga.

That was a horrible article. You should feel bad for posting it. Maybe you are just dumb. Pro-tip: always training to failure is gonna fuck your shit up. It's text book over training. Everything else in that article is pants on head retarded.

Doesn't exist unless you are literally lifting 4+ hours per day or something.

What the fuck was that? Was it an excuse to have this guy show how he "trains" and take his shirt off?

Are you gay, user???

He wasn't even doing the lifts correctly.

Your advice through out the thread has been pretty stellar, so I respectfully ask for sauce.

Wikipedia says, "Overtraining is the result of giving your body more work or stress than it can handle. Overtraining occurs when a person experiences stress and physical trauma from exercise faster than their body can repair the damage."

That is literally the first two sentences. I don't have a phd in English, but it seems like that supports what I said.

sage for double post

WTF are you talking about, this guy is a twink.

LOL, sure man. Pic related.

Yes they do. Marines training is shit. It is pretty much the definition of fucking around.

No it doesn't.

Your body can handle training to failure often and tons of people do it all the time. Unless you are a pro athlete training 20-30 hours a week, you are not going to overtrain.

I guess you are just a dumb ass. I gave a wikipedia sauce. You gave… nothing. Go be autistic somewhere else.

Yeah, I see my info on Mexico is outdated. It used to be a steroid paradise, where you could buy anything over the counter for very cheap.

Your source says it is more than the body can handle. And I am telling you that training to failure does not meet this definition. People train to failure all the time. It has been a staple in bodybuilding for decades.

Holy fuck dude, if you're going to do calisthenics, either pick a good program, or make heavy adjustments to your current shitty one. And I'm not just saying this to be condescending, I wasted 2 years of my life with Convict Conditioning. That's two years worth of gains I'll never get back.

Here's the 'How to un-retard Convict Conditioning' Guide:

Convict Conditioning is only good for promoting the idea of bodyweight exercises, but as far as actual info goes, it's pretty shit. Convict Conditioning 2 is orders of magnitude better in terms of info, but doesn't provide an actual routine. So either make the adjustments listed in this post, or start following a better routine like the one here .

Bump

I did both, actually. Two years of SS by the letter. I got big, but felt bloated. CC feels nice and supple with good waist strength.

archive.is/jt4os

If anyone has webm skills, i made a video that could make a pretty good webm, and this seems like the perfect thread for it.

hey user do you have a alt to chin ups? I have some weights but I don't know if it's the same.
I have two ten pound weights.

Pull ups :^)

Just do what the royal marine said if you're too weak. They are an amazing exercise and everyone should be doing them.

I watched a documentary called "The Nazi Games" about the 1936 Olympics. It included some interesting footage if the German Olympian team doing a three man calisthenics where they would link hands to ankles and roll forward like the treads in a tank. I wish I knew what to call it.

Bullshit suggestion. These are fine for rich fucks with lots of space but for most people if you are not going to the gym you benefit more from a pullup bar and an adjustable dumbbell and barbell

I hear this shit all the time from guys with toothpick legs. I casually squat and lunge into front and side split stretches all the time so my legs stay big enough without having to train them. Upper body is a priority for us fatties since leg size creates more chafing. Even though lower body muscle would be of more help in increasing calorie usage.

I think you haven't actually tried throwing any serious punches if you believe that shit. Yes bodyweight is put into lunches, but no, you don't need more than basic leg strength to use it. The potiential energy via gravity is already storied by merit of you standing up. Just go lean your arms against a wall in front of you. Yes some minimal leg muse is used to sustain the posture but it is mostly upper body strained from it.

Total body power is more important with things like running tackles .

For low reps I go narrow but for higher I find wider hands more comfortaboe. Flared elbows means more room for your armpits to breath and less chafing between the fat on the upper arm and the fat on the late/pecs

Matt Kroc would row 150+ pound dumbell for 30 reps so shut your face.

we /fit/ now

I have an autoimmune disorder and joint injuries, I have to modify my workout plan until I can manage to pay for surgery and articular injections to alleviate inflammation and regenerate cartilage.

Joint injuries can cause osteoarthritic conditions even at a young age if it is bad enough.

In the case of people who do have such problems, as I do have to watch inflammation levels myself, I recommend limiting total time lifting, do the safest techniques you can manage for overall benefit.

There is now a shift toward limiting total exercise time and focusing on effective results, you don't need to spend an hour doing repetitive movements.

I've been isolating certain body areas each day and taking rest days as needed, even on rest days after overdoing it, I will only take the minimum amount of time to reduce inflammation and then integrate lighter versions of exercises in order to not lose any progress in the interim.

This has been working for me and people are now remarking that I've started putting on a considerable amount of muscle mass.

Yes, you can't just "go hard" and fly into your routines, but you can make gains if you do it smart and stay within your threshold. It isn't as "fun" but I see this as a commitment to my health.

fuck off nigger

this thread is better than infinite /fit/

Most important advice, just like everything it takes time to learn this. You're not going to do anything perfectly in the first years of training if you got no previous experience of it. Just continue to change up and adjust where it's not working and listen to your body. Because sometimes it's sore and you can still work out, sometimes the body is literally screaming for you it needs rest and you should rest.

The body is adaptable but it's going to tell you if you're doing things wrong. Stop doing things wrong then. If you got lower back problems from squatting, your technique might be wrong and you have to rest from that particular exercise and do something else and then comeback and adjust the technique.

Most importantly, it's a marathon, you're not going to get /fit within a month, 3 months or even a year. Baby-steps all the time. It's a long game.

Still I don't consider myself worthy for continuation of my genes. I have a prostate issue and it's so unnerving and socially crippling I don't want any of my descendants to suffer in this way and that's assuming I still have reproductive capabilities with this issue.

PS: /fit/ing up is good for yourself, and maybe even for the cause, but it has nothing to do with eugenics or your genes in general

As a matter of fact lifting is a compensational practice of manlets more often than when it's not.

what kind of prostate issues? if it's chronic pelvic pain syndrome aka nonbacterial prostatitis, it is possible to manage that rather well with trigger point release and rehabilitating affected musculature.

Exactly that. Please use more layman terms for DYEL faggots such as myself. I'm kinda desperate to relief some anguish by whatever means my pocket allows and local doctors had been a waste of shekels this far.

Which martial art discipline(s) do you recommend. I am 5.11ft 110kg. Very strong leg power.

Taekwondo, my build is similar to yours, myself being a bit shorter and lighter, and I did that. Aikido is nice too, low center of balance.

Just get something similar to pic related if you have a sturdy doorframe.
You have a pull-up bar easily adjustable to every height.
No screws or anything needed. Just twist it and the bar extends pressing against the doorframe.

Decent sturdy models are about 20$. (its just 3 parts of steel and 2 rubber parts)
There are even fag models with cushioned grips.

Only thing you have to watch out:
Make sure you know how wide the doorframe is you intend to use it on.
There are different size ranges.

Any anons can recommend me any good exercises to gain arm strength that don't require kettle pots/weighs?.

jesus christ dude. a gym membership in my town is like sixty bucks, which is hella expensive. get on welfare or something and make something of yourself.

youre more likely to get a decent job if youre fahkin ripped

Push ups, all kinds
pull-ups, all kinds

You should be plenty strong with bodyweight exercises as long as you can progress to more difficult forms

CPPS is often caused by overactive musculature of the pelvic floor (the area between your balls and your anus) and the surrounding areas (glutes, inner thighs, piriformis, hip flexors, lower abdominals).

for illustration:
archive.is/MEgQb

your lifestyle probably is probably negatively impacting your pelvic floor muscles (too much sitting, too much jacking off, something else).
i’d invest in a tennis ball/lacrosse ball and a foam roller (black roll or a blue rumble roller) and start massaging the corresponding muscles and also stretch them (search for happy baby stretch, butterfly stretch, squat stretch).

here’s a decent article for further reading:
archive.is/pp1no

most based book of trigger point wisdom:
Clair Davies - The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook:

www30.zippyshare.com/v/jTzzd6Pw/file.html

(use search function for „prostate problems“ and read)

last but not least, kelly starrett demonstrating a good hip stretch:
youtube.com/watch?v=JBHzXF-mVjY

i guarantee my joocy, squat-fuelled ass lends considerable power to my right hook

indeed.

6 year Convict Conditioning fag here. Got to the top in everything except pullups (but closing in) and handstand pushups (because I haven't seen any human being able to do it 1 handed).

The journey to the 1 arm pushup and pullup will get you in tip top shape. Except that the advice in CC is completely wrong when teransitioning to 1 handed. After step 6 (close handed push/pullups) go back to step 1 for pushups and do them 1 handed. kneeling 1 handed pushups are necessary to progress to the fuyll 1 arm.

For pullups, do uneven pullups by reversing one of your hands to the overhand grip while the pulling arm remains in the underhand grip and pull up to that side. Then remove fingers from the overhand arm making it more difficult. Right now I can do 3 pullups this way with just my index finger assisting. Also do bent arm hangs. They work super well.

All the stuff you see with basketballs is bullshit.

Sage
>>>/fit/

Holy shit are you fucking NEET? Lose some weight faggot, your fat belly won't make punches hurt less. I'm 5'11 too and do just fine with 175 pounds.

Start with either Taekwondo or Jeet Kune Do as a base, get some experience there then move on to MMA. You should probably go with JKD if you're a burger since the US is infested with McDojos.

Are you literally me? That's exactly what I do except I also train MMA. Aikido is good for disarming but you should never neglect your ground game.

Have a rare.

Do you think being swole is contributing to your 6'5 status? How tall do you think you would be if you weren't as ripped?

You should get with an experience combatant and get trained specifically in combat.

I never was much for athletics inherently, but I was a Marine (so I guess I did all right) Infantryman. Most of what I have done after I have gotten out hasn't been conventional workouts, they have been kill drills and combatives. I got pretty seriously injured before I got out, too, so I couldn't lift for a long time (just got back after it recently though).

You need to train what actions you will be doing. Athletics are nice–it basically just gives you more potential to use–but you have to use what you have accurately and precisely. Knowing what you will be doing helps enormously with fear and related responses by directing the signals from the amygdala up to the forebrain.

Professional killers are stone cold and will make all that athleticism irrelevant very fast. Consider learning how that all works.

I have to recommend that even more for our un-PC people here, as you are in danger of being targeted for numerous reasons, and you need to take your security seriously. So, yeah, I have said it a lot, but find yourself a bored veteran from a combat arms discipline–any will do, really. We generally like doing this shit and think it's fun and will probably train you for free.

Then you can keep your cool. I stay very cool in the shit, and that is how you tell the quality of a warrior. It will keep you alive, so it's worth it. You don't want to do anything stupid.

And, if you're not very well trained, and you have an issue with a professional, you will have no chance to survive, regardless of your athletic ability. So, yeah, Murphy's Laws and all that shit.

Also, I like your post. A warrior should train in a particular foundation (whatever you want, really), then grab additional tools that work for you from other disciplines. It's important to be able to move yourself, and it's also important to be able to move with any kits that you will use, and any weaponry or other gear you may carry. Train for different situations, starting from an infantry baseline.

Fill in shit that's missing (ground grappling is weird to learn, to be honest. I didn't really get it for a while when I was fairly boot tbh), and then maximize some strengths and minimize some weaknesses. You can actually kick quite a lot of ass relatively quickly, but you have to also be able to handle getting your ass kicked (an important skill that a lot of people don't talk about).

It's a process, and you have to like it to stay with it for a long time. Sorry for doublepost.

Actual 8/fit/ here. This thread is a fucking disaster zone and borderline cringe.
The OP also posted this there and the thread went nowhere because bodybuilding and strength training had very little scientific research done until like 50-60 years ago, probably because most people were pretty fit from the realities of life. There is very little practical fitness info from the past and most of it is just opining about the human form and the value of exercise.

Actual advice tl;dr:
Go to ss.fitness and read all of it. I'd refer you to Scooby for beginner's advice but you'd just say I'M NOT TAKING ADVICE FROM A FAGGOT and dismiss it.
Stop throwing ideas in the trash because they aren't fashy or volkisch enough.
You want to be strong for when SHTF? Do strength training. Lift heavy things and put them down.

even reddit is better than /fit/, get your head straight.

average day on /fit/:

and yeah, stronglifts is a meme and it needs to end.

Don't post that coal burner.

I guarantee that you've been lifting for less than a year.

without cardio and endurance you will never understand health

followed her on insta for a while. she's a class a redditor-air head.

Need them gain

HIGH VALUE

Highlighted the good/interesting posts for low attention span Holla Forumsacks.

Someone send this to Trump.

Excellent posts!

the guy who posted that training legs is not necessary and running should suffice is obviously a real expert.

A REAL EXPERT ON NOT GETTING FIT

Do you want someone to do your pushups for you too?

well when I was a poor cunt i used to go to the local nature reserve for runs, i would do push ups and if i could find any decent sized logs or rocks i would do lifts. It sounds pretty funny i know but it was a way to avoid paying to lift and i was generally alone. any other people i met out their where white people doing it for fitness anyway so no-one made fun when i was exercising which was one of my fears (Autism)

This is kinda my hobby. I'm German and we kind of invented this shit, so I have a lot to say. Bear with me a bit, you're about to get truth-bombed into oblivion.

First things first: Everything you know about fitness, training and martial arts is wrong. It was all invented by Jews, occultists, freemasons and the like - OP and others already missed the point with fanboying something out of Rudolf Steiner's ancient ass.
I'll make it short, so have some bullet points on the history of bodybuilding, as an example (the history of martial arts is similar, see the "hidden hand" on the inventor of modern boxing, pic related):
1. Bodybuilding, aka "Physical Culture" was originally an invention of obscure occultist circles like Humanism, Anthroposophy and Gnosticism, all of which were obsessed with pre-Christian and Oriental culture and physical exercises (since they were - and are - anti-European and anti-Christian). There is always a super gay subtext in all these movements, an inheritage from the Oriental sexual practices these guys used.

2. These systems evolved into German Turnen, then British Physical Culture in the 19th and early 20th century. Originally, they were taught by guys like Jahn (nationalist, but already tainted with the "Oriental" esoteric virus), later on popularized by a guy named Ludwig (or Louis) Durlacher. This guy was a Jew and the first real "bodybuilder" we know of in modernity. You may know him as "Professor Attila", the teacher of Eugen Sandow (who brought bodybuilding into the mainstream for the first time, around 1900). Sandow himself was probably gay and Jewish (not known for sure, he always made sure that nobody knew about who his parents were, which is weird in itself) and the first guy we know of that used testosterone as a steroid. The year he entered stage was the same year that testosterone got isolated and also the same year baseball had its first doping scandal (using said testosterone).

3. Physical culture later turned into Bodybuilding - again led by a Jew named Joe Weider, mentor of Arnold Schwarzenegger, who again was at least half-Jewish, according to rumors from his hometown - which may explain his Nazi fetish. Later on, Powerlifting got introduced, a degeneration of Olympic weightlifting. In case you don't know, powerlifting is basically just doing the accessory exercises Oly lifters used back when the Press was still done as a 3rd lift - bench, Squat, Deadlift. Powerlifters did away with the speed component and just trained their max strength, which turned them into fat behemoths. Both bodybuilding and powerlifting quickly became popular among homosexuals, which closes the circle to oriental sex practices yet another time (even Physical Culture had a big gay influence back in the early 1900s). In the 80s, AIDS came along, which meant a muscular body was now obligatory in gay circles (anything else meant you probably had caught the bug). This led to bodybuilding becoming huge in the 90s, the 00s and now, when it's basically a household sport - something that was unthinkable even in Arnold's time.

Modern strength training is basically a degeneration of a degeneration of occultist practices. The same can be said about modern Yoga, which is just German and Danish Gymnastics from around 1900 with some weird Spiritis (Chakras) and Occultist (Auras, misinterpretation of Hindu texts) influences.

Next post, I'll tell you how people trained before all these "evil spirit" influence on physical training.

Actually, lifting heavy is the numale way. There is a whole industry of numales spreading the gospel of heavy squats.

You are one of them.

So, if you believe my rant, you probably have the question: How then, am I supposed to train?

Which is a good question and probably not very easy to answer if we consider modern life. You have to realize, for example, that the absolute basis of what we recognize as "strength training" was originally just a side thought of medievel physical education: Monks, who generally didn't go much outside, had to invent exercises to keep healthy inside a room. And this, eventually, turned into the base of what occultists and esoteric dilettantes mixed with their mumbo-jumbo and turned into exercises centuries later.

But aside from that, what did people actually train? How? And what for? The last question is easy to answer: There are only two reasons to do exercise (according to Hippocrates, Epicurus, Galenus, Ibn Sina and all medieval sources) - warfare and health. Strength, endurance, flexibility were afterthoughts, not deemed as important at all. Any exercise with strength or endurance or flexibility as a goal is, by definition, already degenerated.

And as you may expect, this turned out to change the training. A lot. Some rules:

1. On volume, reps, sets, etc: You always had to stop training when you started to sweat, when your face or body became red, when it started to feel uncomfortable, in short, when you felt the homeostasis of your body had changed. People didn't count sets or reps (most probably couldn't count anyway). They stopped training when it "started to feel no so good".

2. The exercises: Exercises as we know today didn't exist. The push up is maybe 150 years old, the overhead press maybe 120, if that. People just did what they wanted to be good at, and as such, exercise lists included running, jumping, throwing, riding a horse, fencing, wrestling, etc.
Nobody did anything extra, with the exception of the later Greeks and later Romans: At a time when their empires fell into degeneration, so, too, physical education rotted from within. It didn't do them any good to invent special auxiliary exercises, because soon after, they always got beaten by a more vital "barbarian" culture with a more natural gymnastics theory.

tbc

So we know that people did different exercises and programmed them differently before this weird esoteric-sexual influence came along. Of course, I have some more info for you:

1. The Greeks clasically did the Pentathlon. This included running for about 200 meters (endurance running was seen as unnatural and this didn't change until Pedestrianism became a thing under British rule), a jump (sources are unclear if it was a wide jump, vertical or deep jump) with hand weights (halteres - which are what our dumbells are based on) from about 7 to 11 lbs, the javelin and discus throw and finally, a martial art. Usually, this was wrestling (which looked like Sumo - which is another interesting subject, since many, dare I say all - Eastern martial arts are heavily based on what the Greeks, Romans and medieval Europeans did, up to the later auxilliary exercises, but that's another story), but Boxing and Pankration were also used later.

A fun fact: Spartans only did wrestling, because they realized (as we will soon in sports science, probably), that the sparring in boxing and Pankration made you a coward afraid of hits instead of making you more valorous (and we can see this in boxers and MMA guys who spar a lot vs ones that don't).

Another fun fact: Shadow boxing was known (skriomachia) for strikers, but while later on, bags were used as targets, this was unusual, even during the time of Socrates' (who advised aspiring boxers to ignore the weird looks they were going to get punching an "effigy" of their opponent).

2. Ancient Germans only did 3 of those: Running, jumping and throwing. For whatever reason, wrestling was never used as a feat of strength, even though it was popular. Read the Nibelungenlied for some over the top records.

3. Medieval training was the same, basically, but much more extensive. Not only did you have to wrestler, run, jump and throw, but as a knight, you were also expected to be super at riding, fencing, climbing, dancing, etc. Knights were absolute super athletes.

4. Roman training sadly is kinda unknown during their heyday. Vegetius, however, mentions ancient practices that were forgotten even in his own time. Suffice to say that the new Greek way (ie. with the axilliary exercises) made the Romans worse at war and he wanted to change the exercises back to what they were before. He failed.

tbc

Last part from me.

Now, did they way they trained back then work? Yes, you better believe it did. If we go by what has survived of ancient and medieval records, our modern athletes probably would be like children to the ancients, playing child's games (in fact, greco-Roman and Boxing with gloves was actually a literal child's game during antiquity). We also have official recognition of some knights' feats (well, official back then) - for example, Christoph the Strong from Bavaria could throw a rock weighing 364 lbs for about 9 meters distance (about 30 feet!!). He could also jump 3.5 meters (11.5 feet) high, though the technique he used is unknown.

Keep in mind while the ancients weren't as short as generally believed, they were nowhere near as big and heavy as our top athletes. Yet, they were stronger. Much, much stronger.

Well, it's something to think about. There would be a lot more to tell, actually, but that's the gist of it. Sadly, no really detailed workouts and routined have survived. But it's enough to think that maybe, we are doing something wrong and the usual suspects are behind it.

great post, thanks for sharing. it explains a lot about the fitness board on here. Can you go into more detail about why they stopped when they started to sweat? and are those modern exercises better for health than those in the past? and do you know of medieval knights exercise regimen?

I have a question. When I look at many greek statues they seem to indicate some strength training, especially when you look at statues of Hercules. Were these types of physiques expected or were they known exaggerations?

METAPHYSICAL TRAINING IS PROVEN TO BE MORE EFFECTIVE

that was an interesting read, you should post this on bodybuilding forums and see if it causes some triggering.

It's based on the humours theory. Basically, you wanted to heat your body through exercises (this also means that if you are "hot" by nature, you shouldn't exercise at all). The point when you started to sweat was the point when this positive heat reached its apex. Anything beyond that was unhealthy, according to them. At least that's more or less what Hippocrates and Ibn Sina (who copied Hippocrates basically word for word) theorized. other authors just wrote "It's unhealthy, don't do it."

And yes, it fucking sounds like Ayurveda or TCM, but it's a lot older in most cases.

Nobody knows for sure because we don't really have any routines from back then, just general rules and what exercises were done. The old exercises seems to make you stronger, though, if we go by the records. I know there are also books about exercises for health, but I never found any good sources on that in the library.

Sadly, not a single one has survived. Just general remarks ("Knight X ran around a lot in armor to strengthen his endurance" or "Knave Y was really good at jumping and trained until he could jump on the shoulders of a knight sitting on a a horse." with no further information on distance, time or anything, really). There are also pictures of knights doing a headstand or back bridges and of course, we have some traditional folk exercises in Germany that kinda look similar (Bavarians do Tischkraxeln "table climbing", in which you climbe under and around a table without touching the ground, which KINDA looks like Renaisasance exercises on a wooden horse sometimes ). But nothing really tangible, sadly.

Well, it's hard to say, of course. I went through the trouble of measuring some statues with photoshop (I don't have the pics anymore, that was years ago) and they aren't really huge or anything. The Heracles Farnese is obviously special, but other Heracles statues don't look anything like him. I think the measuremenets of the Doryphors are somewhere online, though (Men's Health measured him and I remember they measurements were somewhat correct). By modern standards, they had big, muscular waists, big chests, so-so arms and thin legs, though. The chest muscles were developed by discus throwing, iirc, which gave the pecs the characteristic shape you see on the statues. I don't remember which Greek wrote that, though, maybe Epicurus, but don't quote me on that.

Feel free to do that, but fix the typos.

I don't want to crash your fitness blog user, but where exactly did lifting and spamming more cannon food for the kikes (kids) get us? Not trolling here, but last time I checked they cucked almost every white society.

Come back when you have something of quality to contribute instead of 'muh lift' and 'muh wimminz' and 'muh diiiiiik'.

thank you.

t. reality check

you could at least try to make your Lucifer worship less obvious.

Make it a priority to use bicycle to go to places as much as possible.

So, this guy charges 1000 pounds per personal training session and has his books filled. How is this possible? He's not exactly ideal body-wise…

Source: dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3762587/No-man-worth-1-000-hour-disappointed-SARAH-VINE-tries-super-trainer-says-d-spend-money-red-wine.html

That should be a red flag for you.

you mean off the wagon

I forgot - you guys surely want to know about diet, too. Well, suffice to say, obesity was well-known in antiquity and the middle ages (putting to rest the modern notion of "It's our modern lifestyle!" or "Surely, it's our modern food!"). Like today, many doctors treated it with a diet and exercise, however, they went at it completely different than we do today.

First, they classified obesity in several categories, some of which may be surprising to modern people. For example, "strong fat" was an actual thing back then and Galen didn't see it as possible or useful to be treated. It was a kind of muscular fat, that, according to Galen, was genetic (yes, they actually took into consideration your genetics, even though they had other words for it, obviously) and thus, not possible to "cure" without making the patient even more sick than before. So, this was a kind of obesity that wasn't cured in older times.

However, the class of obesity that was treated was also very weird: This class was basically the "fat as fatass" class. Galen describes it as being so fat that you cannot sit at a table anymore because your belly is big. So fat that you cannot clean yourself properly anymore or even talk and walk at the same time.

So, really, most of what we see as "fat" nowadays would probably have been a non-issue back then. Furthermore, the regimen Galen describes for the "fat fat" obese is very roughly described as rapid running (Interval traning probably, keep in mind extensive LISS running was invented in modern times), then a massage and bath. Then rest, then another bath, then finally copious amouns of low nourishment foods (which were not described).

Hippocrates, on the other hand, recommended only one meal a day (a fatty one, preferably with sesame seeds etc) and lots of hard work. The obese patient should eat the food while still breathless from working. For drink: Diluted wine, slightly cold.

You can see some of this is quite alien to us, which is because their medical worldview was completely different and more like the "traditional medicine" of Asian countries. You can also see our treatment of fat people is at the level of antiquity - actually, even worse, because fat people were generally not seen as "evil", but sick.

It's also notable that apparently, fat people were always there. Even the Egyptians knew how to treat them, however, I don't know any detailed regimens from them.

Is there any reason to assume this kind of condition was in any sense common back then? Sounds like a really serious case of overweight.

Galen describes it as one of the classifications of being obese that should and can be treated, so there is no reason to assume it wasn't at least common enough for any readers to know exactly what Galen meant. It's not like he only wrote about super rare diseases nobody knew about - to the contrary, actually.

So yeah, it was apparently more or less common.

Enlighten me.
t. Stronglifts follower

The recommended treatments would have been quite effective, so that supports the idea.

Unfortunately, we don't have the exact recommendations, just a rough outline.

I suppose that would not be considered a con in /fit/.

(((Someone))) needs to promote positive African American figures.

It's smart stuff. Basically if you exercise like this, but without to the point of you getting too tired or worn-out from your daily-exercise you should be able to do the same exercises daily without falling into the gym-traps of getting too worn-out, getting injuries or falling into sickness.

A daily routine or train as often as you please, would also mean you would be able to progress the intensity to the point of the body probably would be able to re-adjust itself without said injuries or fatigue, and you progressively becoming stronger, faster and have greater endurance than if you were to do the gym-split that most of the times get people nowhere.

Thank you for posting all of this. Have been interested in physical culture and the history of exercise for many years and have come to many of the same conclusions as you. The jewish co-op of physical culture/bodybuilding/weightlifting is evident to anyone who has looked into the history. Consider, Weider - gay porn baron and rumoured to have traded Olympia's for sex (the most famous being asking Franco Columbo to put on a boy scout uniform for that year) - vs. Bob Hoffman "muscle-wars" for control of US lifting culture in the 50s. (IIRC, Hoffman may have even called the other a kike in his magazine.)

Some questions:

For everyone else, this user is really right about the shift to heavy-low rep training being a modern phenomenon. Go look back at exercises books from the late 19c to the 1950s. Until about 1930, information on sets, reps, rest periods is very scarce and recommendations are to "go by feel". Low-rep strength training (while surely practiced) was never encouraged for general health. Reps, when they were mentioned and later, of 15-20 and a wide variety of exercises done for 1 set were recommended for 'health'.

I have seen people shitting on Stronglifts here on the chans (except /fit/ ofc). Why is that? What regime should one (I) follow to replace Stronglifts?

Indeed. I as well want to know more.

I was under the impression Kung Fu was spread by Confucianists and Karate, Taekwondo, etc were derivative of that.

I wanted to dump some stuff that I've been looking at. It's important we're all the best possible physical specimens that we can be. Gonna dump some stuff related to posture/aesthetics and some stuff for estrogen/testosterone.

Vid related is proper neck posture, a lot of skinny anons may have problems with forward head posture, fix your spine and neck. This will also help with things like chin/jaw aesthetics.

vid related is for proper jaw posture/fixing a weak jaw/getting a better jawline

Here's how to remove xenoestrogens from your body. Basically - nuts and vegetables, especially leafy greens.

5x5 as a program is credited to Reg Park (possible jew, though his wife was full kike), but you can find the methodology first mentioned in British Amateur Weight-lifting Association material from the 1940s. The BAWLA (under, I suspect, Al Murray as he was the head coach credited for 'modernizing' olympic lifting) used it as a prepatory program over for novice lifters. Murray described the reasons as "to accustom him gradually to handling heavier poundages and to the higher energy output required in working up to near-limit poundages." The BAWLA 5x5 was to be used with the same weight across ALL sets, for 3 x week with the same exercises at each session, and done with a weight increase every week. After that it was to be discarded for a schedule that will allow you to use heavier poundages as working in lower reps will allow you to move your max much quicker. (It was also used as an 'off-season' program.)

5x5 is a good program, but it's not one that will boost strength or increase muscle efficiently. The program calls for Squatting 3xW, and roating Bench/Overhead and Deadlift/Row every session with weight increases whenever all reps across 5x5 is hit.

- 5x5 is a beginner program without enough volume to push strength. For instance, pre-roids BAWLA material recommends 12x5-1 for the (then) three Olympic lifts 3xW with 2 days of accessories and lighter Overhead pressing days. According to the geezer who wrote SL's that'll kill you with overtraining, but it's what's needed to increase maximal strength.

- 5x5 is a beginner program without enough volume for hypertrophy. Look at Reg Park's 5x5 rec: gym-talk.com/reg-park-5x5-routine/ 50 sets per day, 3 days per week!!! That is exactly what you need to do to get beefy, but, again, according to the geezer who wrote SL's that'll kill you with overtraining.

- You'll barely break a sweat doing it. This easiness, I feel, is half the reason it's popular.

- 1-2xWeek Benching or Overhead isn't enough volume to increase those lifts past basic beginner levels and if you're experienced it will even regress your maxes over time. Consider again - the BAWLA recs from their books back in the day recommended Overhead Pressing 5 days per week ((60-95%)8-12x5-1 x 3, with 2 days of acc. 5x5 DB press etc). There's a reason they recommend this much volume. It's because you need that past a bare beginner level to move the lifts.

- The T-Rex meme is very real. Consider the above and the fact the only movement you're doing every workout is the squat.

- The deloading method. It recommends deloading every time you stall for 3 workouts. A beginner (i.e. someone who is doing SL) shouldn't be deloading for a long, long time. Deloading when you're only benching 3x2weeks will, in my opinion, push you further back than you were originally.

- Additionaly (my opinion) more than 5 reps on the squat is better for most. Your average gym goer don't need the physical stress of 5 rep squats unless they have an interest in competing in powerlifting one day. 8-20 squats have been used since the 1930s because breathing squats produce size.

- SL 5x5 is a good program if you treat it for what it is: A beginner program that introduces a novice to weighlifting concepts. What it shouldn't be is done for more than a month. After that you are prepared for something else that'll give you strength or size much quicker and efficiently and SL5x5 should be disgarded. There's a reason the Arab who - extremely cleverly - markets it looks and lifts like shit after doing it for years. It's because the progam isn't worth doing for longer than a month.

P.s.

One last thing:

SL 5x5 is a decent program if you are just looking for a basic lifting program to supplement other goals (i.e. you do MMA/box 3xweek). It'll help with that without tiring you for your main goal.

Me again. Tell me your goal and I'll recommend something.

your body doesnt give a fuck if you do 4x4 5x3 6x2 or whatever
the total strain on your muscle, the overall stress on your body, and the energy required to do the work are all that can be actually felt by your body

yall overcomplicating picking things up and putting them down until you cant anymore

Thank you user! this is just the thing I have been looking for!

First off, thanks for the previous reply, though I am a beginner at SL and can't give it up yet (except if you got something else to recommend).
Regarding your question:
2 priorities are in mind, to get stronger and build up endurance. The desire to be stronger far outweighs the desire to gain more endurance though (e.g. if all my goals total 100%, I'd put 70% on getting stronger and 30% on attaining more endurance).

Lastly, a thing that sets me back a lot is my defective hand (wrist problems that can be overcome with good form and progressively heavier load). Can you recommend me extra exercises to do on my off days with this hand that don't require a lot of emphasis on form (I have struggles with my form a lot of times tbh)?

Ok so I've been doing this for a few days and I must say I've already noticed improvement in my upper body strength. Assuming I keep this up for another few days I expect to be doing fill chin ups and pull ups rather than downs.

I have also been adding in squats, lunges, and sit-ups to this as well

www(.)davidgentle(.)com/library/bruno/index.html#p=1

You may want to consider this. Think of it as an 'improved' SL. You squat/bench/curl/press/upright row 3x6 3 days a week alongside 2 bodyweight days a week. This will give you the strength (with, unlike SL, enough volume and exercises to move the dial) and the endurance (the high rep bodyweight exercises.) It'll feel like a lot more work than you've been doing on SL at the start, though remember - as with everything in life - more effort=more results. This is what I switched to after following the blind alley of Starting Strength for six months nearly ten years ago and you the results I got in a year were something else. Read the section on stalling/deloading especially. It's much better for a novice than the 10% drop SL recommends.

Is it pain during exercises or an injury you had before lifting?

If the former, learn how to grip the bar correctly. A lot of people grip the bar too high in their hand and/or overextend the wrist back when pressing. Try to grip it on the base of your palm and keep your wrist vertical. More here (tip 2): youtube.com/watch?v=sqKhLR1zRaU

If the latter, I can only recommend speaking with a doctor if it's reoccurring/serious. A velcro wrist wrap (amazon.(co).uk/dp/B00RYLA9HC) are very cheap and can help. They work by limiting wrist movement (i.e. stopping overextending of the wrist even if you wanted to). Though I would recommend only using them for top sets or when the pain appears.

Exercises for the wrist would be the classic wrist curl. Start with a curl bar if you can (or a light plate) and try 2x10-15 to see if you notice any improvement. Try not to overextended. workoutlabs(.)com/wp-content/uploads/watermarked/Seated_Palm-Up_Barbell_Wrist_Curl.png

Good luck!

Did anyone try the approach where you ditch counting reps completely and do timed sets of 45-60 seconds? It's called Time Under Tension and if applied correctly, it's supposed to yield great results. Sounds like a great way to avoid the psychological barrier counting reps puts on your performance.

What psychological barrier would that be?

(mirin quads)
Thanks man. I guess some bodyweight would be cool if my hand can see some improvement.

How new are you to sports?

People tend to be able to peform better when they stop focusing on measuring their performance.

Keep us updated on your progress. Not that I doubt Royal Marine user, but considering it took me months to be able to do a single pull-up through a standard progression scheme, it'd be damn impressed with your gains in such a short period of time.

Sit ups are shit. Unless you wanna go innaarmy and need a set number of them, you are better off doing planks, leg raises, frog sit ups, or all three of them

This guy who anwered you is literally doing that approach as seen here based off the routine posted here .

Just wanted to point out how funny it was to me to see you two interacting.

No… he is a twunk. If you're going to use faggot body type names at least get it right.

bump

Ok I'm back. Not quite There yet, I can pull myself up but I need a small hop to get my feet up off the ground. I've also added some core exercises as well to start getting my strength there up as well.

Is it safe for 26 years old person to do ballet?

I did a few months of GVT and crashed. I made massive gainz but the intensity took its toll.

If you can't do a single chin up then jump up and grab the bar and lower yourself down. Repeat.

When you can do chin ups then work on doing pull ups.

I cannot attest to this method though (I only read it somewhere) because I have never been so weakfag I could not do a chin up

Also chop lots of wood everyday/

Am I doing it right?

Ha ignorant Holla Forums neckbeards think noweights will work. I've been lifting for a year and I'm still dyel mode. You would have to do this shit every day for 10 years to even notice muscle mass.

You've gone a year without noticeable iimprovement user? What exactly are you eating for one thing, and what exercises are you doing? You should have obvious results after a month of hard work let alone a year

So are you against modern strength training entirely then?

No, it will get you gassed.

If you're already somewhat chubby and have a body fat percentage of around 25%, will doing squats give you a giant ass?

Wut? I thought the conventional wisdom was that sparring made you LESS afraid of getting hit? Where's the evidence that contravenes it?

Proofs?

I never understood what 3x10 and 10x10 meant

what does it mean

Doing squats with good form and replacing carb-heavy, protein light foods like bread and rice is still excellent advice. The original resources and advice /fit/ used were some of the best stuff available. If any of you insufferable faggots actually bothered to read or watch Rippetoe this would be obvious.

I blame shitposting. Fucking mongs had a concept so simple it was hard to shitpost about it. You eat healthy and do compound exercises that hit different muscle groups and progressively increase the load every week until you can't. This has started getting popular in places other than /fit/ because its good advice and actually works. But the shitposters got bored so now starting strength is a troll, squats (which are just as much a back exercise when done correctly) make you a t-rex, oats make you fat and stronglifts is a meme.

Sets by reps. So 3 sets of 10 reps is 3x10.

meditate. sit down and examine, truly examine, what your desires are and what drives them. i quit smoking in a day by understanding my desires and what drives them, then having the wherewithall to just stop. don't be a slave to your desires user,

so simple multiplication so like 30 or 100 reps

so you take breaks between sets so a break every 10?

for how long?

3x10 means 3 sets of 10 repetitions. You do the exercise 10 times then rest and do another set of 10 after some period of time to recover.

People argue over things like how many reps and sets are optimal and how long you should rest between them for different exercises. Powerlifters tend to do less repetitions (6-8) but more weight and take long rests between sets. Bodybuilders do more repetitions and more sets with shorter rests but use less weight. High weight low rep routines seem to be a bit better for building fast-twitch muscle strength. Lower weight, higher rep routines are a bit better for building slow-twitch muscle and glycogen stores for endurance. Very low weight, very high repetition routines are good for building cardiovascular endurance but don't build as much muscle. Different sports and activities require mixtures of these capacities so people train differently depending what they want to do. Powerlifters exclusively build fast strength, marathon runners exclusively build cardio, crossfitters exclusively build joint injuries and so on.

Rest time is up to the individual, whatever you need really just don't wait too long or your heart rate will slow too much but yes.

kek

This is a good beginner exercise for those who need something to "break them" into fitness. It makes sense for someone like a rower (such as yourself) which needs cardio endurance and not pure strength.

i've read your other posts and you make idiotic statements such as

first off, a chinup isn't just working the bicep. if this was the case then that same person could curl 40kg, perfect form in each arm. you're missing a lot of muscle groups and overplaying the amount of "training" one needs to do in the gym just to hit them. basically, people in the gym on machines doing isolation movements are advance lifters targetting a certain muscle group, body builders doing the same, or idiots who think they're going to get abs but doing the crunch machine.

if you want an all-around fitness i suggest doing compound lifts (squats, bench press, overhead press, rows, deadlifts, etc) which hit more than one muscle (hence compound). and running and, most importantly, carries.

Doing something like Starting Strength *will* give you strength. It will take care of problems in your lower back, your knees, and straighten your posture more than chinups and running will.

Running is good and you've given a good overview of it that I agree with. Heel striking is bad.

Carries, such as farmer's walks, test your endurance + strength. Most fit men can run good distances and lift good weights but cannot walk medium distances carrying good weight. This is why I said they are the most important – they bring together both endurance and strength to truly make you strong and capable. I've seen men who could deadlift 495lb 1x5 (and make it look easy) struggle doing farmer's walks with 60lb dumbbells. Carries will make you feel like you've just ran.

if you're fat, do the above on a caloric deficit. if you're skinny, do the above on a caloric surplus. that's really all there is to it. the only thing stopping you is yourself saying "it's hard" or "it can't be that easy".

you lifted with poor form and got an injury. i understand why you're wary, but I've seen the exact same case all too often.

i've had one client who used to lift back in the day. he was a football star in highschool, played ball in college but hurt himself lifting and stayed away. bad back, hurt shoulder, the whole nine. after a couple of months of proper form, with low weights, i got his back pains to go away because he strengthened the muscles there. his shoulder almost the same (I think he tore his shit, which can't be fixed through muscle gain).

Ego lifting is actually a huge problem I've seen over the years. Dudes who try and "get up" the weight using the shittiest form possible just to say they did are common. But I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the guy who see's some 8-year lifting benching 405 for reps and decides to add an extra 20 pounds to his bench press.

Lifting weight isn't really dangerous, but just like any well oiled machine, once you're outta whack just the tiniest bit, it can throw the whole thing. an extra 20 pounds, 10 pounds, hell even 5 pounds can be too much, especially with poor form.

Go into the gym looking to lift against yourself the last time you were there.

i'd advise you get back into the gym doing proper lifts with proper form (which means with proper weight) and I guarantee you'll see 100x the results than doing some bodyweight routine.

thanks mate

That fucking pepe made me laugh for 2 minutes straight.
To answer your question, it might make your ass grow but it will also make it look better. Everyone needs strong glutes, they hold the middle of your body together.

You should still try to lose some weight you fat fuck

I'd like to get back to race and exercise for a bit.

I'm Native American (full-blooded* father, 3/4 white 1/4 native mother) from Red Lake, Minnesota, USA.

* No one is 100% ndn in the USA, look it up.

Diabetes is absolutely shredding the native population and while I know that obesity is a global epidemic, I have a private belief that American Indians/Indigenous Ams are especially susceptible to a high carb + sedentary diet.

I'm of the opinion that a cardio-focused, low-carb diet that results in a lean, ottermode physique is best for anyone predominantly ndn.

I'd say a primarily low sugar diet is really the best. By staying away from sugars, you are actually going to limit your carbs anyway and naturally end up in a low-to-medium carb diet.

Low-carb diets are great for cutting weight, but I've found just cutting sugars while still eating breads (with no sugar), rice, and other vegetables gives a good balance of energy throughout the day for most of my clients.

I'd say you're underestimating the sheer amount of bread + starches + alcohol in the average reservation diet. Yes - a low sugar approach would be an improvement but I honestly believe that a all-carbs-are-bad-for-natives approach would be more beneficial than a sugar-is-bad-for-everyone push.

Until a hundred years ago, native americans were stone-age ottermode-as-fuck. Pretty much a literal paleo diet.

yeah my knowledge of native americans is really 0, i figured i'd share some input for just general americans.

nothing wrong with the paleo diet. and it actually doesn't have to be low carb anyway if you eat enough vegetables.

i know people tend to shy away from low carb diets because it does fuck with your energy until you adjust, which does take a good amount of time. and the time seems exaggerated because you're tired as fuck

Personally, I shy away from low carb diets because it fucks up your testosterone levels, but I guess I can understand why faggots would prefer to have low T.

Eating fry-bread, malt-liquor and despair for three meals a day adds up pretty quick.

I could wrestle her to the ground.

That's not how it works, user.

You're going to get a traditionalist wife on Rope Day, and you are going to like it.

he probably got that physique by running from the police

How do you expect to get paid, with such low-quality shilling, Jude?

How do you expect to get paid with such low-quality shitposting, Juif?

I was lucky enough to have a mother who fed me lots of wholesome food growing up. I got tall well before I started working out seriously, I was a lanky fuck at the age of 14 or so. It took a long time to build enough muscle to actually look muscular, a large frame makes a lot of muscle look like a little. I have her to thank for instilling in me a love of good hearty food and a hatred of shit-tier modern "food", but I developed the diet myself based on reading/experience.

All real men should eat atleast 3 times a day. If you don't eat 3 times a day, it means you haven't been active enough.

All real men are supposed to spend as much energy as possible during their lifetimes.

doesn't mean shit if you don't eat healthy

This sounds esoteric as fuck, do you have anything else to back up this claim?

There is science on something called the human ATP cells, which shows that they work like batteries that "can heal". It's literally a waste of time to not eat as much as possible and spend more energy in life. People who are idle are basically sleeping through their life.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate

Betas who work little have weak cells, and thereby they eat less, which makes them spend even less energy, so they get into a circle of exponentially increasing degeneracy.

Also people should avoid eating bananas because they affect something called "Free radicals" in the cells (which makes people age faster and rot quicker).

There was also research done on something called "Bi-phasic sleep" which showed that people who sleep twice a day spend the most energy within 24 hours.

People who sleep more than twice, or only once per 24h spend less energy and thereby have lesser utiity in society.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biphasic_and_polyphasic_sleep

user, I think we all know who's behind this.

As a biochemist I can tell you have absolutey no fucking clue what Adenosine Triphosphate is and how it works.

Can someone rate my routine? Bodyweight 233lbs/106kg im like 20-25%bf although im not sure about this at all. Estimations are derived from pics of bf% comparisons.

Monday:
Bench Press 4*5*80%
Dips 5*6 reps
Incline DB flyes 3*12
Tricep cable pushdowns 5*10
Pulldowns 5*10
Reverse DB flyes 5*10

Crosstrainer Cardio for 15 mins

Tuesday:
Squat 5*3*80%
Deadlift 3*5*77.5% (so fucking fatigued after squats)
Leg Extensions 5*10
Leg Curls 5*10
Ez-Bar Curls 5*10

Thursday:
Push Press 5*3*77.5%
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 5*8
Tricep rope pushdowns 5*10
Side laterals 5*10

Cardio crosstrainer 30 mins

Friday:
Deadlift Failure*90%
Squat 3*5*75%
Yates Rows 5*10
Pulldowns 5*10
Reverse Dumbbell Flyes 5*10

Cardio Crosstrainer 30 mins

plz respawn.

IT WORKS BRITBOY

Replying to my old post because I actually found them by searching harder. It had been a while since I searched though, the main books are now on archive.org.

archive.org/details/guidepractiqued00hbgoog
archive.org/details/leducationphysi00hbgoog
archive.org/details/lducationphysiq00hbgoog

I've also found more complete editions listed at the national library in Paris, which appear to be largely bigger than the ones on archive.org. Books can be accessed at the library, but no digitized versions except for researchers. Here's the listing fyi:

I'll see what I can do about getting digitized versions of those.

Has anyone of you fixed a winging scapula? I had to put my routine on ice and I'm now doing serratus push-ups, scaptions and all that good stuff that physios prescribe. But will this help?

that's how retarded you sound
GAINZ>cardio

Just read the /fit/ sticky you fucking autist

I'm an 1/8 Native American and I agree with you.

My red brother

There's more to fitness than lifting weights and developing raw strength. Hebert's books are a great example of that.

Thank you for sharing this, OP. You should see about also posting this on >>>/pdfs/

Bro… here's my problem:

I can do about 20 chin ups and 50 push ups. My upper body is still a skeleton hanger. I've been skinny all my life. I am deceptively strong*, but not as strong as other more well built guys. I'm simply not putting weight. Wouldn't using steel help me with that? I'm mostly interested in the aesthetics, since I don't need physical strength in my line of work.

* I can actually lift as much as ripped guys who have arms almost thrice as thick as mine.

You probably can't.

I actually can. It's why I quit the gym after only going 2 times. It seemed like a waste of time when I was lifting more than over half the guys in the room while being the skinniest one around…

I've been searching for some exercise type for months. I just don't seem to actually get thick.

Kek
you had me there for a sec

It fucking works. The Britbongs routine actually works. I'm starting to gain muscle mass, increase in strength, and have successfully done a full pullup. I'm going to do more tonight.

I just want to be fucking strong, not long-lived or healthy. It's not like I've ever been healthy anyway, so why be unhealthy and weak when I can be unhealthy and strong? Why are all these fitness guides and strategies designed for health and not demi-godlike strength and the endurance to prevail for hours on end?

Red Delta Project is a good youtube channel for those of you who prefer a bodyweight approach to strength training. What I like about him is he combines recent exercise science with real life applicability. He might also be a /k/ommando, but I'm not sure.

if you aren't actually a troll, then read this:

and specifically read:
actually eat, you happy-meal eating motherfucker