SPOOKY SUPER-SUNDAY!

Super-Sunday has returned! For this Halloween Sunday, we have comics where Superman must face the supernatural! Ghosts! Monsters! Giant Gorilla Brides!

So get in here and read some spooky tales of Superman, starting with Superman #129 THE GHOST OF LOIS LANE!

The Daily Planet office gets a new typewriter and Lois gets sent on assignment to a scientist's lab. Lois forgets her bag and Superman accidentally kills her.

Such is life in Metropolis.

Clark Kent, Fireman of Steel!

Oh man, these letters. I have to find the issue where Superman owes a billion dollars in back taxes.

Trust me when I say Superman fucked a mermaid, but more on that later.

Superman could've married a mermaid and ruled the sea, instead he chose to live life as a reporter haunted by shrill bitches.

And Superman regrets his decision every single day.

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #44 - THE WOLF-MAN OF METROPOLIS!

Not only does Jimmy become cursed with lycanthropy, but in this issue, DC shows just how little they gave a fuck about the Comics Code by flagrantly violating General Standards Part B, Section 5 of the code.

Guess you don't need to give a fuck when you fucking wrote it.

Jimmy gets tricked by the devilish Irish.

The letters section is nothing but fanboy bitching. I like it.

Jimmy becomes a trap.

There's probably going to be a lot of tears at the end of this story for everyone involved.

MAKE MONEY. GET PRIZES.

Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane #1 - THE WITCH OF METROPOLIS!

But first, Superman needs to dick with Lois.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Just look at that smug-ass face Clark has on page 8. Looking right at Lois as he falls. What good are super-powers if you can't use them to dick with your friends?

Lois attempts to run a diner and win Superman's heart.

She succeeds at neither.

And this is why I love the Silver Age. Superman disposes of his fingerprints by just eating the fucking salt shaker. Because he can do that and it makes sense to him. Because he's Superman.

Lois Lane becomes a which and uses the black magic of Satan to get scoops. Because this is a thing that happens in Superman's world.

Superman is such a good guy that he goes to elaborate and dangerous lengths to help his friends believe their delusions. Either that or making Lois think she's an actual witch amuses Superman so much that he's willing to cause millions of dollars of property damage and risk national security to make it happen.

Your call.

I love this side of Superman, we never get to see Clark trolling these days.

Man, did anyone ever sell enough copies of Grit to buy a bicycle or a portable TV or whatever? Or those American seeds?

You know what gets me is the "throw your voice" gadget. None of the illustrations show what it is, and I can't find a photo or a description anywhere. How would it work? Is it just a microphone? Does it help you talk without moving your lips?

And you know what, I fucking tried that "gumfighter stance", it DOESN'T HELP YOU BLOW BIGGER BUBBLES. They LIED to us, man.

Boy, you weren't kidding about that.

Now if only the modern Supergirl tv show hadn't ruined this particular ship with shitty, out of character writing on both sides.