Sonic Boom Season 2 Episode 1

First episode is out. Thoughts?
Personally, its not an improvement or a complete downgrade. At least the aniamation looks nice, and I'm sure won't drop in quality due to budget/time-restrictions right? …r-right?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bjI61
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Holy shit the animation got better.

Has he sound design gotten better? The entire last season felt like it was recorded in an empty warehouse.

Skimmed to check Sonic's arm color, still wrong, not watching this fucking travesty

Try again next season Chris-Chan.

Here's hoping for more redpill.

Hue.

Motherfucker, I saw that pun coming, I knew what the punchline was, and yet I still laughed at that retarded pun.
FUCK

They've gotten their act together. Clothing has textures now. The jokes are still hit-and-miss, but they hit more often and the writing's tighter. IIRC there're two separate studios working on this thing. I guess they've either merged or gotten better at teamwork.

There's music now, so there's that. I think there's more sound effects, but it's a little hard to tell.

The Sonic/Badnik fight reminded me of AoStH, especially the music.

their overall quality has went up. I genuinely laughed a couple times… of course, their knuckles is still a missed opportunity.

This show has a lot of missed opportunities. The studio that originally developed SB were given alot of creative freedom and yet the final product, even with this episode, seems bare-bones.
I do like this episode, Technicolor really improved from the last season visually and sound-wise. But so far I'm not given a reason why I should care about the world Sonic and his friends live in. Can you even name the island they're on without looking it up?
I ain't asking for Green Hill Zone, but at least give a setting that isn't generic adventure island #457. The characters are great, I just wish that had an enviroment that matched.

Anyone thinking that skylanders will fail?

Did anyone notice at the part where sonic is fighting that robot they played the Aosth theme song?

Yeah, that's the same problem I have with this show. What's the point of creating a redesign and a new continuity when you can just create a gag series with the main game series' designs?

With those kind of scenes, the autist section of the furry fandom will love it.

this was a really great episode, Kinda felt like the boy band episode (especially since it had the same writer).

That actually sounds familiar.

That's actually a perfect explanation on how I see the series. It's great but there's just fuck all going on.

Throw in a Sonic X arc or 'Boomify' preexisting plots like Sonic Adventure, Heroes etc

Sonic Go?

Actually sod it.
Lads, If you became a chief writer for the series how would steer it.

You must start at Season 2, Season 1 is still in canon. You may use any Sega Licensed characters.

What's the context behind this other than blatant furry pandering? There's no way this wasn't intentional.

context I think.

Well then we're re-tooling it to be about the Shinobi ninja and his best buddy, Ecco the dolphin

Fuck, that'll make a good psychologically trippy episode. It's going to be so Stephen King meets Ren & Stimpy.

Still friggin fetish in context. All I see is a photo of his wet scaley asshole in my mind.

fuck off

you fuck off.

For starters, I would give an origin/flashback episode about how Sonic and friends ended up on the island and met Sticks. Then have about half the episodes be about the chaos emeralds, introduce them in one episode and have other episodes where Sonic, Eggman, and Shadow fight to collect all 7 of them. Rouge or Nack could make a cameo apperance to be hired by Eggman in assisting him finding the emeralds. This will give the season a reason to explore more around the island and possibly beyond it. Exploring outside the island also opens up possibilities for other Sonic characters to appear and interact with main gang like Cream the Rabbit, Big the Cat, the Chaotix, etc. In the season finale, Shadow will end up with all the Chaos emeralds and goes Super Shadow, just barely about to win until something unexpected stops him and the emeralds end up in Sonic's hands, making him go super and saving the day.

Is Spyro making an allegory of brown-nosing?

It's Happening!

Why does the sound mixing on Knuckles and Sticks sounds like shit this episode? Did their VAs rush their lines or something? Everyone else sounds fine, but they just sound off for some weird reason.

I bet that shit with the music that sounded like it was from AoStH was on purpose, too. The other notable song was FUCKING DAY OF ANGER

archive.is/bjI61

Well that didn't take long.

without context, I honestly have no idea what this is about.

Episode is worth watching. It's called "Just a Guy". Not much Eggman, but has great moments.

Ox guy named Mike wants to help out the team. Sonic says that he's "just a guy" and that it's too dangerous. The townsfolk get offended by that remark, and Sonic takes sensitivity training (from Amy), which leads to allowing Mike to join in one battle. Mike gets hurt and the townsfolk are mad that Sonic made someone that's "just a guy" be put in, as Sonic correctly stated, a dangerous situation. Then they get offended when Sonic refers to them as "you people". Cue more sensitivity training and that scene.

Mike does eventually help out in his own small way, in the end.