Salad fingers is actually about scientific racism

Salad fingers is actually about scientific racism
Not even frederator is this retarted.

It even shares the same name from his other channel.

I think a majority of this faggot's fans are just people watching to see him sperg out about something stupid.

One of more recent videos on Five Night's at Freddy's featured him insulting the creator and insisting he works harder on his videos than the creator works on his games.

Again?

Sounds to me like MatPat has an inferiority complex.

That the same video where he insists he understands FNAF more than the creator?

Why do people still post his videos? It doesn't matter if he believes his own bullshit or not, he's doing it all because he majored in marketing and knows how to game Youtube's system.

I thought he was a psychology major?

He got into an argument with the creator a few games ago, but this was from an Oct 22 video, where he obnoxiously berates Cawthon for not bringing him on to write for him and sort out the lore that he spent literally a whole week sperging over.

Christ Almighty, his ego really got inflated after he got to meet the Pope.

I don't know what anyone values his retarded clickbait videos. He's the buzzfeed of youtubers.

Nuero science but he does marketing and audience analysis work for companies and his manipulative click-bait titles and use of popular subjects shows it.

And his blatant overuse of "death of the author" to cover his ass when the creators call him out on his bullshit.

Says the colossal faggot who just asks his audience what to make and jumps on trends when they are the hottest.

Seriously, let's not pretend that releasing a FNAF video a week after the newest games comes out is some kind of brilliant marketing move that no one has ever thought to do.

I mean yeah exactly. I'm not giving him any accolades here or calling him a genius. He's still just utilizing the same methods of clickbait as a journalist: either you're dumb enough to click his video titled "Mario is the bad guy" and impressionable enough to believe him or you're immediately dismissive but click it anyway just to see where he's going with it. Then you watch a near 20 minute video trying to put together pop psychology with video game logic and he reaps the youtube ad revenue. It's trashy magazine and candy next to the register tier bait but it works, but it works. Even you could do it user, but you'd also need Matpat's annoying insistent voice to really pull it off.

Whats next Madness was actually about Hank supporting BLM?

I want this meme to end

I want to see this.

It's pretty clear that to begin with at least, Salad Fingers was just spooky nonsense. Maybe Firth decided to retroactively work some plot into it in the later episodes. I don't know, I had already lost track of it by that point. But I don't believe those early parts had anything deeper going on.

What a faggot

Wait. What was his point about scientific racism? That it was a thing that happened to exist in that particular era, so it must be related?

Is death of the author actually valid? I've seen it used in my English classes in college but never to this extent. Is death of the author inherently bad?

Death of the author is typically used to justify wildly uncharacteristic interpretations of a piece of media, because post-modernist academic bullshit won't simply allow an author to write a work that doesn't somehow relate to the critic's personal political agenda.

Critics feel like their assumptions and projections are more important than the actual work, so they come up with all these hoops to jump through to make them seem legitimate.

Couldn't be

Salad Fingers doesn't have an overarching plot at all, it's just Firth making creepy/edgy shit for the hell of it.

This. Many of his other videos have a meaning (the people from up the stairs is actually about constipation), but Salad Finger is just random, weird crap which is actually supposed to be funny.

Did you watch the video? He says it is about coming to terms with a traumatic past.

Link the video(s).

Link to a mirror please, I don't want to give the faggot money.

Death of the author, in my view, is an acceptable but limited thing. Say you're analysing a work with some ambiguity. You ask about a particular scene "is this character good or bad?" and the author has deliberately left that open. Your decision, irrespective of what the author has in their head, is true, because that's your interpretation of the narrative.

However, GayTheory and the people describes use it as a fallback for random reinterpretations which, when challenged, are explained away with Death of the Author as a clause. It's like that same scenario again, but the narrative explicitly states the character is evil, then someone reinterprets it as the character is good because they stroked a kitten.

Please tell me normies at least call him out on that bullshit. From what I hear even Toby fox of undertale hate that faggot matpat.

As much as people love to shit on Toby Fox, he is probably more fond of 4chan than tumblr. Really, he did nothing wrong except Undertale.

And working with Andrew Hussie on Homestuck's soundtrack, from his fucking basement no less. And that edgy Earthbound ROMhack he made. And recycling that fucking Megalovania track for every project out of the lot.

he did everything wrong, primarily by helping out for Homestuck and leeching off of a game series that was far better before he made his fangames

Also David Firth (the creator) says that most of his shit come from certain dreams that he has. So this is just MatPatAIDSHIV is just over thinking shit as usual.

I've literally talked to David Firth on Twitter before. The guy loves surreal dark comedy. He's not a fucking "2DEEP4UUU-OPRESSION-SOCIALJUSTICE4TRAYVON"

Fagtheory's fan fiction is so fucking out of orbit, my sides are hurting from the sheer fucking stupidity I'm hearing

I bet David Firth is probably rolling his eyes at MatPat's theory video. Also is David Firth a nice guy, from what you described he sounds pretty cool.

Convince him to come out and call MattPat a stupid cunt and that he missed all the relevant clues, just so MattPat spergs out again and loses even more credibility.

There was a guy at my work autistically talking about game theory and how "it all makes sense" and how deep it was. He was going on about some theory that rosalina was luigi's daughter or some shit and the amount of secondhand embarrassment I experienced made me depressed the rest of the day

I don't care, just let me see the fucking video you autists.

You can figure this out via friggin Google.

There was a series called "animation heroes" or something that I saw a while back. There was an episode about him. He doesn't seem like a huge faggot but all his shit is extremely dark.

I mean this is the guy who made Devvo.

vid related shows seem to put across his attitude pretty well.

I know a guy who's I think is exactly like Firth, except maybe less drugs.
Also listening to edgy shit like Aphex Twin and watched way too many trashy splatter movies, e.g. the whole Troma filmography.
His art direction is super dark and disgusting, so are his video projects etc. but he thinks it's funny and doesn't take it seriously.

I think its the good kind of edgy.
The bad one is being edgy because "Notice me, my parents don't understand me and shit! Baww! Sonic is awesome! Time to draw a furry comic set in hell where women are getting tortured yet some dumb fat slut fucks me rl."
The good one is being edgy because getting people to be disgusted is a joke for them.

Do you aspies really take film/game theory at face value? It's supposed to be wild speculations, what a bunch of assburger aspie spergs

Yeah. It's a good way for him to cover his ass when people call him out for being retarded.

The JOKE of film theory is to take the MOST WILD OVER THE TOP theory you can plausible defend and make a case for it. You got the 'tism brah

So you think it's for real? You take "Sheppard is a zombie in mass effect 2" at face value…
Amazing.

Yes. Yes they do

Yeah, some joke, going onto YouTube, the foremost community where people will attack others for not outright worshiping certain e-celebs, spinning outright bullshit to impressionable kids, and having them run around and parrot it all the time, attacking you if you tell them it's bullshit.
Yeah, I'm fucking laughing that this chucklefuck did all this, got to visit the Pope, cried to him about people cyberbullying him by calling bullshit, and then gave him a copy of Undertale "ironically." Fuck outta here with this bullshit.

Nana(numbers)?

What's your endgame here?
I highly doubt you're actually mad that people are calling this shit out for being stupid.

This is the kind of weird disturbing shit that HotDiggetyDemon wishes he could produce. Instead, he's just an impotent edgelord, relegated to the realm of bitching about the latest pop culture phenomenon.

OH I know who you are talking about….

What's my endgame? endgame?
Look, it's an entertainment channel that makes wild theories like "Mario was the bad guy" or "Jar Jar Bink was the sith lord behind it all" for fun. Or it takes ridiculous plot points and tries to make sense of them. Or tries to find the way to make more plausible absurd magical or sci-fi plot elements. It's all for fun. It's fun to play pretend. You are not supposed to take it seriously man. It's like Cracked or things like that, it's slightly more polished clickbait, but they are not trying to fool anyone, they assume that people are not autistic enough to take it seriously.

Dude, those guys get super asshurt if you don't agree with their shit 100% now.

Okay, so you're pretending to be one of those "lol turn ur brain off" people while defending an idiot.
But why?

Uh, no, whenever someone calls him out for being wrong he has a total meltdown, it's as much a joke as DSP being bad at vidya is.

"Jar Jar Bink was the sith lord behind it all"
I liked that theory

More like the shit lord.

One of the only people who rivals him in terms of retardedness and SJW pretentious shit is that parody account about him that spergs out whenever someone makes fun of nintendo or calls out censorship.

You are a great example of whay so many people say/co/ is shit.

Are you sure that not his secondary account?

I guess it's better than being a cancerous redditor.