Scooby-Doo Apocalypse

HAHAHAHA
WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

The same people who approved of Get a Clue's designs?

They at least tried for something that resembled the characters… But that's nowhere near as bad as nihilistic, mini-hulk Scrappy-Doo who wants to murder Scooby and send humanity to its bloody end.

Literally me.

Why isn't anyone stopping this?

Of all the fucking things to draw inspiration from.

manlet

Holy shit, I thought that thumbnail was from a 2005 video game.

Velma looks demented.

Same reason nobody stopped the myriad of other horrible things people have done to the Scooby Doo series over the years.

I feel the everyone hates Scrappy meme is a little played out now. It would be far more interesting to see someone try to do Scrappy right, instead of just bringing him in to make a cheap joke about how much he sucks.

Jim Lee and Dan Didio most likely.

Problem is he doesn't really add much. The gang is pretty balanced as it is–Fred's the leader, Daphne's the chick, Velma is the nerd, and Scooby and Shaggy are the plucky comic relief, with the former also serving as the mascot. And they're designs are still memorable to this day in spite of their simplicity. Does anybody remember the kid from 13 Ghosts? Or whoever the hell Scooby's grey counterpart was supposed to be?

There's nothing about Scrappy that can add to the group that they don't already have. There's not much he can do except act as a foil of some sort, and even then you're better off doing what Mystery Incorporated did and making the foil an entirely different animal with a different personality.

goddammit

I recall someone in the industry making a comment about adding a baby character or something as a sign that the show as dying and they were desperate for ratings.

TOO IMPETUOUS

That's exactly what was happening. People hate Scrappy now, because he was annoying, but back then he actually saved the series

I liked scrappy in the scooby doo movies in the 80's with scooby and shaggy.

There's not much you can really do with him. I mean, if you took the gang as these sort of Breakfast Club archetypes you could make Scrappy 'the criminal' but you run the risk of upping that edge factor and there's the sense that no one would really buy it, because Scrappy's already got a lot of baggage.

I liked him fine when I was a kid. Now? Eh.

This was a breath of fresh air after this.

I liked him I just could never see how the hatred for him was warranted. At worst he might be a bit annoying I don't see why someone would have a rageboner for Scrappy.

That's how you know it's time to get rid of it.

I never got that either. My uncle, who was born in the 70s, really hated him. Personally I just didn't understand why they wouldn't just let Scrappy fight the monsters. They were just guys in masks.

Agreed. Though as a kid I always wondered why Scooby and the gang never shot the monsters. They're guys in masks but the gang can justify shooting the monsters as self-defense.

What about when the monsters were real?

I remember that show.

It's the smile, coupled with the glasses.

Helloooo, Elmyra. Why were the suits so admiring of her, anyway?

I forgot this existed. Did they even solve mysteries in this one?

OK, again with Scrappy being a villain? Fuck you, Scrappy haters. That little pup has balls…not like that waste of space uncle of his who always ran away…and solved nothing.

No, they foiled james bone-esque super-villains.

There was one "mystery" episode.

I remember enjoying this when I was a kid but I don't remember anything else about it.
Was it actually good? I have some primordial memory of that brown kid and I'm pretty sure he was unlikable.

I guess it was a step up from Scooby Doo- The Extended Family Guy Sketch?

I haven't watched it recently but I thought it was okay. They didn't get all 13 ghosts though.

You mean FLIM-FLAM? He was worse than Scrappy in every conceivable way.

This.
I'd take Scooby-Dumb and Scrappy any day over that obnoxious faggot.

holy fuck thats awful

i bet he can't even SWOOCE right in

I really liked this series. Not many people talk about it so I don't know how well it was revieved, but it's probably my second favorite thing to come out of Scooby-Doo with the Zombie Island movie being the first.

I mean, he could take a lucid minute to realize what an obnoxious counterproductive shit he is and calm down for like five minutes to act as an innocuous detective in the background while the others are busy setting up zany traps and looping trippy Escheresque hallway chase sequences, but.
Nah let's just bring back that character everybody hates to shit on him some more for no real reason