Unpopular opinion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lwn.net/Articles/676664/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Net neutrality is vital to the core of the internet and must be protected at all costs

Ha!

1.) Dissagree
2.) Agree
3.) Agreed, its leagues better than GNU/Linux, that said, its not perfect, thanks to the spying controversy that Microsoft needs to fucking address sooner or later
4.) Agreed

Windows is the greatest operating system ever made

GNU/Linux is shit
check em

Microsoft programs are the best like Word, Powerpoint, etc and OSX is shitty.

If Microsoft stopped hiring Pajeets and gave back some semblance of privacy then it would be God tier.

Linux sucks dick and anyone who thinks wasting hours to get your computer functioning properly is more autistic than Terry.

Enjoy your telemetry in Office Cloud and DirectX 14.

Brian Fagioli is a LOGITECH FANBOY.

I have no other coice but to check'em. Uninstalling Linux now.

I don't like computers. I don't know what I'm doing here.

SystemD doesn't make a difference for the end user who doesn't have autism.

There is literally nothing wrong with Mint.

There is literally nothing wrong with RedHat.

GNU/Linux is pronounced "G(')NU Linux".

GNU is objectively the best *nix standard in existence.

"Bloat" is, to the extent you will find it in any unix-like operating system, a shitty meme.

Python is good.

systemd is good

None of those opinions are unpopular

windows 10 is literally hitler of 2017

Windows 10 is literally hitler of 2017

Windows 10 is literally hitler of 2017

Nice blogpost, faggot.
A thread died because of this shit.

Here's my popular opinion: OP is a faggot

This is a popular opinion on Holla Forums, among the people who aren't Makise Kurisu.

Don't bother listening to anyone who thinks it's bad because it's too easy, but Mint does have real problems. Here's a list:
lwn.net/Articles/676664/
By all means, use it if you want, but be aware that it's flawed.

you accidentally got it right.
now, gtfo

1) Disagree. It's basically AIDS.
2) Agree.
3) Sadly agree.

Logioli Logioli send me a mousoli

You mean homOSeX?

welp, quints have spoken, deleting my linux now

I've seen that list and those complaints multiple times, and it's mostly bullshit.
I use Ubuntu's and Debian's. Almost all packages and configs on Mint come from Ubuntu.
There are so few mint packages and Mint is so close to Ubuntu that it's negligible, it's essentially another Ubuntu spin-off. It's a different story for LMDE, which is considered experimental.
No, that has nothing to do with it. mintUpdate simply assigns various levels of risk to some essential packages, depending on how much of a catastrophe it would be if a newer version of that package had critical bugs i.e. packages whose updates could result in a totally unbootable system are considered more risky (e.g. bootloader, kernel). This is based on experience from Ubuntu's updates breaking the system in the past on various occasions, sometimes for their whole user base. One can easily enable updating all packages in mintUpdate's preferences, bypassing all this completely.
Literally one package: mdm. There is no "xedit" on Mint, there is xed which is a unique name.
The project is not from US, so there are no legal issues because of a different legal system. But due to such complaints their installer now has an opt-in checkbox for those packages.

Fuck off back to reddit

Just because you take off your nametag doesn't mean we can't recognise you, Makise. Go hang yourself.

wew

in terms of security, yeah actually

checked

Is the latest iOS version jailbroken? I stopped caring about the Jailbreak scene after all the decent Cydia devs moved on to Android and its life basically dwindled

i don't know. i'm just saying, a jailbreak/exploit for iOS is worth a lot more on the open market than a jailbreak/exploit for android

this is not an unpopular opinion on Holla Forums
but anyways:

The internet, and world in general, would vastly improve if the US was wiped out.